Latest chapter discussion

Comments

• lol people called it on LNMTL and here for some Vermilion bird princess. Now I am wondering if the girl is not like MF for the Vermillion Bird side of things?
    Golden Crow  Best wingman 2016, 2017
  • The ones who appeared are from the Golden Crow sect, not the Vermilion Bird sect.
  • edited January 2018
    Re-read chapter and thoughts - Sect Master Yan ... actually nice guy and his interest previous chapter was probably just his curiosity.
    The comment about Poyun being re-born interests me. Could this be related to something like pheonix rebirth? Aka Nirvana which is what the female is actually meant for?
    MX is stronger than previous fight based of both the last two chapters with how sect master react. 
    Hou Rulie is a good guy who is similiar to YC in his family caring nature and being violently angry when they threatened and hurt. This I believe will appeal to YC and probably lead to curing his son.
    Rulie makes Poyun sound rather weak mentally prior to his defeat: refering to how thankful he is to YC for what he said after the duel causing him to work harder and strive for more.
    The girl is Golden Crow sect after re-reading about their auras.

This dose hardly helped my ATG crack addiction :P

• Ravannoc said:
    Re-read chapter and thoughts - Sect Master Yan ... actually nice guy and his interest previous chapter was probably just his curiosity.
    The comment about Poyun being re-born interests me. Could this be related to something like pheonix rebirth? Aka Nirvana which is what the female is actually meant for?
    MX is stronger than previous fight based of both the last two chapters with how sect master react. 
    Hou Rulie is a good guy who is similiar to YC in his family caring nature and being violently angry when they threatened and hurt. This I believe will appeal to YC and probably lead to curing his son.
    Rulie makes Poyun sound rather weak mentally prior to his defeat: refering to how thankful he is to YC for what he said after the duel causing him to work harder and strive for more.
    The girl is Golden Crow sect after re-reading about their auras.

This dose hardly helped my ATG crack addiction :P

we're all a bunch of addicts.
  • edited January 2018
    @Ravannoc
    That "reborn" is only about their secret technique which will allow Poyun to reach Spirit Realm in one go. After that he will be "reborn" as a new person. And like it was mentioned Poyun was said to be absolute prodigy without equal. For someone like him losing is much more devastating than for any other average person. Without Yun Che's words he might be kinda discouraged or even started to have some dark thoughts... If he would start to hate Yun Che and SSR then it's scary to think what would happen after he reaches Divine Lord Realm. It's definetely not the classic weakness but rather something he experienced for the first time and needed help to cope with it.
  • edited January 2018
    @Shiro_Shinigami
    Well was more just noting that he took it that badly, Rulie mentioned his arrogance and that it probably took a big knock and make him more down to earth which will make him a more 'likable' character. With the interest in "bros" for YC in the god realm, he seems to fit the mold better this way. All this noted YC might be best not to showing off his fire affinity that surpasses Poyun with his EG Fire body or we will have a Hanyi version 2 on our hands possibly. 

This noted I can just see MX with a grin of victory as she looks at the three sect master once they discover his fire inheritance and level of fire affinity, Instead of a cold tone she is being smug and boasting that his affinity is nothing compared to his comprehension.
  • @Ravannoc
    Well, not argue with that logic. I simply wouldn't go so far to call someone like Poyun "weak" if he felt down after losing to Yun Che. Just compare Hanyi to Poyun - they were both absolute prodigy in their respective Realms without equal, admired by everyone and uncontested when it comes to skills and affinity to elements (Feixue was always considered as simply "someone with better bloodline rather than superior skills") but they were both completely destroyed by MC. Hanyi after the defeat was on the verge of crying somewhere in the corner completely devastated where Poyun was genuinely able to come back with few words from Yun Che. Not only that, he also started to work even harder just to be able to beat our MC. That's like opposite of weak character. Also based on this I think that Poyun should be able to accept Yun Che's superiority but that needs to be confirmed by better insight into his character. For now he looks like someone who might replace Yuanba.
  • edited January 2018
    @Ravannoc True he seems like he could be a good ally in the future as someone around his age and such, though I disagree about now showing his flame affinity for a few reasons though I do understand your concern about the Hanyi 2.0 situation. Aside from the fact the volume is named after it and we already know they'll know soon, I think him becoming Realm King will help counter Poyun's negative feelings instead by thinking something like "there was truly no shame losing to him since he had the ability to become the Realm King that even my master couldn't do". I think rather than Hanyi 2.0 we'll have him calling YC Boss in no time like that guy from Sword Villa that I forgot the name of (Ling Jie or something?) and will be subordinate 2.0. I totally agree though regarding MX's smug grin after everything is said and done haha, no way she wouldn't smirk about that. Regarding the 3 Golden Crow youngsters I'm not sure if it spells trouble or if they'll admire YC for his talents and kindness to Poyun as well (would be an interesting and welcome change instead of every group challenging him to duels etc). I don't expect too much trouble though honestly, not before the Dragon shows up anyway so trouble is sorta on hold imo, will probably get to see Doctor Che help out soon to mend rifts.

Edit: @Shiro_Shinigami The comparison is flawed because unlike with Hanyi, YC isn't replacing Poyun as their Realm King's direct disciple nor did YC steal Poyun's desired girl and everything he worked for when Poyun lost. Hanyi would've reacted similar to Poyun if the roles were reversed and YC had been representing Flame God Realm instead and had defeated Hanyi, his pride would've taken a major hit but he wouldn't have lost his shit like he did. 
  • edited January 2018
    @Shiro_Shinigami
    IRL have seen prodigies crash and burn which is my worry here regarding being weak. It is Rulie's choice of words that he would still 3 months later still be in a dark place without his words. :D 

@Forgotten_Fate
    I am worried about how they play off the situation with him having the blood lines. Do they play it off as having received it from the FGBP or how will mars tackle this. It puts his wives etc in danger if it is mentioned he got them in BPS. Regarding the three: Well they young and stupid possibly, hell he mention Xiaolan when referring to them and she seemed to has a doctorate in being stupid. They will have no idea how fucking terrifying MX is. To them their sect masters are what MX is to SSR. They might even believe that getting rid of him they are doing the whole FGR a favor if they perceive SSR as enemies or potential enemies. Or they are "like Hanyi fan girls" for Poyun and want revenge for their idol.
  • edited January 2018
    @Forgotten_Fate
    True, it isn't exactly the same situation, but there are few things that makes it plausible to compare them on certain level.
    1. They were both extremely arrogant and proud.
    2. Both of them were publicly humiliated.
    I wouldn't go so far to say that Poyun would for 100% not behave like Hanyi in the situation you mentioned but the fact that Poyun was able to genuinely accept the loss - and we are talking about first loss in his entire life when it comes to elemental affinity, loss of the prodigy chosen by the Golden Crow himself (herself? I still don't know...), not to mention that it was total defeat - in such manner suggest that his character is "strong". Or at the very least not pathetic enough to turn him into madman who wants revange or something like that. What's more he used it to get motivation to strive even harder. I simply don't like calling him "weak" based on what we've seen.
  • Poyun will never be a bad guy i think otherwise he wouldn't have received Golden crow's full legacy like Xue'r
  • Poyun will never be a bad guy i think otherwise he wouldn't have received Golden crow's full legacy like Xue'r
    xue'r has phenix's full legacy.
  • One thing to consider that, lets just take Caiyi, she recieved everything left from the Golden Crow spirit, which is a LOT of origin blood. B/c its only given it to 10 demon emperors, Yun Che, and then Caiyi.

The Golden Crow spirit in the Fire Realm has been dishing out origin blood for a 1 million years. Poyun might have the soul origin and a bit more blood but not as much as Xue'er or Caiyi.
  • Yeah, but GC in RotG possessed entire set of GC's Arts. Parts of Divine Souls left behind might not be equal. Just think about it - GC in IDR was dying after giving 19 drops of blood and some of his soul. I can even see argument that Poyun got large part of the GC's Remenant but the actual Soul is still "alive". We still don't know exactly what level of legacy Poyun has other than it's better than Yun Che's so we can only speculate but for now it might be even better than Caiyi/Xue'er but also worse than theirs.

Basically we know nothing in the classic Mars' style because he loves giving us hints or incomplete information so we can sit here and think about possibilities... Or tease us with super powers that we must ages to even see them mentioned again.
  • Right, we don't really know much about how these divine beast spirit fragments work, i seem to remember whatever the GC said to Yun Che/Jasmine that there are multiple fragments and he has a mental link to them. Maybe all the fragments are in the Fire God Realm. Or maybe they all "gathered" there to form a super soul.

On that note, it was kind of a waste for the half of the Phoenix spirit that Yun Che visited to only give him 3 drops and then disappear.
  • Yeah, I wish he had the same quality of legacy for all of his inheritences in same element. Right now Phoenix legacy is so cryptic that you can't even evaluate it - it is 3 drop of blood but upgraded by Xue'er so it's really can be anything at this point. Not to mention that if Yun Che simply visited that stupid village instead of leaving it for reasons unknown he could get and upgrade...

Gosh, I really hope that on the bottom of the FGBP there is like super duper triplet of all Flame Birds so he can get all of it in one go upgraded to at the very least Xue'er level. At this point preferential treatment for GC is so obvious that it is painful. Like, what are Ice Phoenix's Arts after Frozen End Spirit Seal?! He is the Direct Disciple in Ice Phoenix sect, EG inheritor but for some reasons the only full set of arts we know is GC's...
  • edited January 2018
    Hmmm, I keep thinking back to the note Mars left about FGR. Then considering Rulie's words I have several questions and again even more theories going through my head. 

If by some stroke of luck he does get recognized as FGR Realm King being as low level as he is with the debt GC Sect master will owe him for saving his son etc. YC could very possibly land up with most of their resources at his disposal to increase his strength which seems to be quite substantial as YC mention on their boat being rich and then considering when they came to SSR saying if their realm king was Divine Lord they would be a high star realm. 

However I am milling with the idea of using the Golden Crow sect specifically for getting a gateway made between IDR and FGR to allow Caiye and Xu'er access to cultivate there along with getting Rulie's son access to Ling'er and Yun Gu to heal him if we go with the stabilizing him only theory to avoid being to heaven defying himself. All highly unlikely but it could also mean having BPS marked as FGR territory to protect it.

If he gets into good books with Vermilion Bird it opens up the possibility for talking it into giving full inheritance to a harem member who has 0 power currently like Cang Yue. (Yes I am being biaist as she is one of my favorites)

Sadly with only one chapter I am so in need of another fix right now I have this stuff milling around in my head constantly.

Edit: Things that concern me though is being suspected of being EG inheritor because of being too heaven defying. The 3 Sect masters could find out but under threat of death by MX they say nothing or they go with it because of the possible gain their realm could get having someone that overpowering as their potential GRK. They would need to hide it from the outside or only have the 3 Sect masters aware that he is GRK for now to hide the fact that a 20 something snot nosed kid from the lower realm is realm king ... HOWEVER YC does not want to be GRK, somethings needs to happen to force him to need to accept that mantle. Finding out about XQ or Jasmine's real situation are the most likely. If he believed they were in trouble he might even consider MF method to try gain power to save them from harm. Add the terrible guilt he would feel doing so to her.
  • edited January 2018
    @Ravannoc While I understand the desire to look after the girls you seem a bit obsessed lol, I swear half your posts are regarding doing something for them. It's thoughts like these that while appreciated, also slow down mc's progress and make it so frustrating to read at times. I also am fond of Cang Yue though I don't really think she'd care about such a thing herself. I'm playing Devil's Advocate because while I love the girls in the story (well, most of em...) I'm hoping the RotG arcs will be more about mc's progress (and Qingyue's as well, wouldn't mind seeing more of her). I'd still love to see more about Jasmine, MX and some other RotG girls in future though I don't want it to get out of hand either, however helping out the other girls should really wait until several of his own problems are handled first. Giving inheritances to the wives is a good idea for sure, but it won't help him right now with what he needs to do, though later on it could be quite interesting with at least 4-5 women being strong.

Edit: I agree with you about EG situation though and  am also concerned with how Mars will play it off with YC's inheritances, should be an interesting situation on how he gets away with it. And I know what you mean about getting antsy with just 1 chapter so do take the above part of my post with a grain of salt. Also off topic, regarding the Heaven Punishing Ancestral Sword people often wonder where the relevance will be since YC already has Hong'er and some even think the enemy will have it etc. (I really hope that's not the case...) anyways what if the sword isn't used by YC but instead by Qingyue beside him? Mars has been showing throughout the story that Qingyue is YC's true equal in talent and power and that he wants her beside YC as his main wife, seems like he's prepping her to stand with him against final fight. Just another theory to think on among many. 
  • edited January 2018
    @Forgotten_Fate
    All good :) I value the input. It is just who I am. I read something I experience it and I find it hard to forget someone. Especially when you put yourself situation where there needs to be a relationship in place with sentiment. Makes it very hard to forget about the wives and how to keep them out of harms way or want them to be more self efficient so they are not in danger. The MC himself is obsessed with family and keeping it safe which adds to it I guess. He wants to be able to live out his days with his family, his end goal so to speak yet with all the stuff that is in play we the readers are aware of and guessing about we know it is not the case.

That said if you finding it annoying i will tone it down in my posts and avoid the topic of harem members :) 

Edit: Onto your edit :P I like where you taking that ... Hong'er is special and we need that riddle solves and or confirmed as to exact situation regarding the quarter soul at the bottom of Cloud End's cliff. The situation with XQ is a long way from being resolved. I once wondered if she was not meant to be the EG inheritor instead of YC due to her body and heart of glazed glass. Fate or MoS had other plans and shunted YC into the mix.
  • edited January 2018
    No need to tone it down, even if I targeted you it's not really you but Mars that I'm aiming at lol, I just want to see some progression with mc for once in the story is all because he's always being slowed down by one thing or another. If YC's current situation wasn't so dire I wouldn't mind so much necessarily with with the problems he has with saving both Jasmine and Qingyue he doesn't have the time to worry about helping others in cultivation right now, granted he doesn't know about Qingyue's exact situation but we know that'll change soon. Yeah I'm curious as well about that riddle, feels like there could still be over 2000 chapters to the story with all Mars has left us. That's an interesting theory with XQ and EG, never thought of that before, I always figured her for EG's wife reincarnation or something instead and perhaps she'll come across something later to boost that. And while we're on about harem, I suspect we might see the Dragon Queen (opposite of Brahma Goddess) as another member because of all the Dragon God inheritances and well, smooth Che. Plus she'd appreciate someone that is against Brahma. 
  • edited January 2018
    I had a theory that I shared one my crazy out there theories on LNMTL that the Moon god realm king shows up after MX kills dragon demanding the heart for his fiance (Also after pill). Due to what happened to XQ's mother he keeps her close and thus she is there as well and YC sees her. Realizing her situation it would thus giving him the needed impetus to try save her and literally do anything MX says to achieve his goal of saving her. To literally do that which he would not which is consider doing normally, even dual-cultivate with MF despite how much he would hate himself later. Or at least asks to be allowed to rather try foster sentiment first before being thrown in the deep end into an ice house with horny dragon blood anyways :P 

Edit: Dragon Queen/Empress is married to the "Dragon God" so makes it hard to consider him going that route. Brahma is being painted as evil and manipulative who kills those who she cannot bend to her will. (Please YC think with the right head ...) She is also Jasmine's most hated person for what happened to her brother it seems?
  • That is indeed a rather unique theory, I don't think it'll come to pass due to them probably having their own dragon hearts to obtain if they desire plus he needs the pill, but I wouldn't be surprised if YC saw her with him soon. I hope he's able to save the mother as well and that she doesn't end up a martyr that exists to free XQ from her burdens. As for Dragon Queen, whoops lol I guess I should've paid more attention haha didn't realize she was married, disregard then :P Yeah I'm curious what events will develope as we know she'll be involved in some way or other trying to plot against and/or use mc, hopefully doesn't happen til after Jasmine is back with mc. I look forward to the whole Star God Realm arc for plenty of things but one of which is seeing if YC can finally unlock more of the Sirius Arts for his Heavy Sword.
  • Hahaha well YC is as I said previously all about family. He will try save set mother-in-law as his own mother would want to meet her. Odd you should mention those Sirius Arts and alike. Star god's are blood descendants of the previous generation and thus decendants of True Gods. This seems to be a requirement to inherit their strength via that ritual of theirs and I wonder if YC as a True god's descendant with Jasmine's blood could inherit her brother's ability and strength as well?
  • edited January 2018
    Xue'er - Divine Phoenix Empire's only princess has Phoenix God's legacy

LDE - Empress of Illusionary Demon Realm has Golden Crow's Legacy

Cang Yue - Ruler of Blue Wind Empire has ????

I hope Cang Yue gets the vermillion flame's legacy 
  • @Lazy Arata , aside from making things all pretty by equalizing the power levels/inheritances of the wives, does Cang Yue even desire or need that? Not saying she can't have it but she seems pretty content with where her power is at and it's not that needed for her position as Queen. Even if she gets a ton of strength she won't abandon her Queen position and she's pretty safe all things considered due to all of YC's connections. If she herself mentioned wanting to get stronger then it'd be one thing but I keep seeing readers trying to force it upon her when her goals were never cultivation unlike some of the other wives. She's the politician among the wives and does a very good job of that role and I imagine it'll play a larger part in the future if/when she transitions to RotG with YC and the rest. If she gets an inheritance I won't be against it because it's Mars' call and will watch how it plays out but personally I like how there's a balance of some wives being powerful with some having other specialties (Ling'er the doctor etc).
  • edited January 2018
    Not my idea, credit goes to zg44 on lnmtl but thought it was worth mentioned here as well. "Flame Burial Prison." A Prison intended for True Gods and alike, so below in the Prison there could be dead or dying true gods which were imprisoned before the collapse. 

Can you imagine the absolute treasure trove YC can be walking into of inheritances being the Evil God's inheritor. "Oh look the Blue Dragon and Ice Qilin were caught and imprisoned!" (I would seriously laugh aloud if that is the case). Possibly even find remains of a devil and or other Mystic beasts (Gimme lighting Plix!) 

Seriously fascinated with how this could work out. It could literally be a wet dream for YC if there multiple inheritances waiting for him. The number of ideas I have going on right now, such a shame he is lacking wind and Earth seeds ... okay well let me let you also enjoy this possibility as well.
  • Ravannoc said:
    Not my idea, credit goes to zg44 on lnmtl but thought it was worth mentioned here as well. "Flame Burial Prison." A Prison intended for True Gods and alike, so below in the Prison there could be dead or dying true gods which were imprisoned before the collapse. 

Can you imagine the absolute treasure trove YC can be walking into of inheritances being the Evil God's inheritor. "Oh look the Blue Dragon and Ice Qilin were caught and imprisoned!" (I would seriously laugh aloud if that is the case). Possibly even find remains of a devil and or other Mystic beasts (Gimme lighting Plix!) 

Seriously fascinated with how this could work out. It could literally be a wet dream for YC if there multiple inheritances waiting for him. The number of ideas I have going on right now, such a shame he is lacking wind and Earth seeds ... okay well let me let you also enjoy this possibility as well.
    Yeah it would be nice if it IS a prison and since no one knows what the hell is down there could be anything.
    But again since its Chinese "prison" doesnt mean much it could just be there to sound nice
  • @Ravannoc That sounds interesting for sure and I would also love that! I agree that there's just too many possibilities and Mars is good at spinning that web, I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too much because all too often Mars goes and makes it anti-climatic... -_- However it'd definitely be an excuse to give YC a ton of power in a short period of time.
  • Xue'er - Divine Phoenix Empire's only princess has Phoenix God's legacy

LDE - Empress of Illusionary Demon Realm has Golden Crow's Legacy

Cang Yue - Ruler of Blue Wind Empire has ????

I hope Cang Yue gets the vermillion flame's legacy 
    This actually might come true
  • New chapter is out.