Latest chapter discussion

Comments

• Whats Mars' average output? 1 chap a day?

From rereading the fights during the Yun Family Competition, the profound handle is mainly used to create secondary weapons that can attack the opponent. This is useful for people not named Yun Che, because at most somebody can have two weapons, one in each hand, but the profound handle can form more weapons, giving multiple angles of attack.

The issue with Yun Che is that his profound strength is always several tiers below people he is fighting and I don't think the profound handle is able to replicate his physical strength. A profound handle weapon that he creates will be a lot weaker than Hong'er even if he uses the Blue profound handle.

• New chapter is out.
  • That's a big flying ship. MX fighting dragon alone :O, without her weapon b/c she gave it to YC, bad things r going to happen.
  • Oh yes ... this is gonna be an interesting next couple of chapters. The inquest into his home planet is also interesting.
  • Bluekirby said:

From rereading the fights during the Yun Family Competition, the profound handle is mainly used to create secondary weapons that can attack the opponent. This is useful for people not named Yun Che, because at most somebody can have two weapons, one in each hand, but the profound handle can form more weapons, giving multiple angles of attack.

The issue with Yun Che is that his profound strength is always several tiers below people he is fighting and I don't think the profound handle is able to replicate his physical strength. A profound handle weapon that he creates will be a lot weaker than Hong'er even if he uses the Blue profound handle.
    Profound Handle isn't about physical strength but user strength. True, 20% of Yun Che's without gates doesn't sound impressive but 60% of Yun Che's power with Rumbling Heaven should let him jump half of the big realm with ease and is freaking OP. And it can take any form - arrow, spear, freaking big sword... It can be anything. Not to mention possibility to making two attacks at the same time it is so flexible that it's stupid to NOT USE it. Btw, it might be affected by for example Stealth ability or combined with his movement skill in fight... Possibilities are endless but actual usage is almost none. That's so sad...
    ________________________________________________________________________________

As for the chapter it looks like another info dumpster to me. Also, I doubt that long sword is really useful against gigantic dragon so I doubt it will really matter. The real reason would be that death flag raised in every dialogue - everyone is so cocky and certain of the success... It is asking for troubles.
  • eh info dump chapter lol.
    @. Honestly i doubt the sword she gave YC will do alot of dmg to a dragon. I mean that dragon is DMR, the blade at best is DKR, how can it scratch the dragon's body? Wonder why Mars mentioned dragon's fault, hmm. Maybe foreshadowing that even if MX solo the dragon, there will be spotlight for YC! Like sneak attack its weak point and last hit him.
    So basically , the 3 sect master and YC will watch, and MX solo horned dragon. Wonder how it will play out?
  • Well from info Mars gave on his wechat it hints that the dragon is smarter than they think and possibly more powerful. MX to get injured possibly? YC to save her or do something stupid?
  • edited January 13
    The conclusions I came to after reading this chapter:

1)The dragon is probably back at full power and, likely, stronger that before.

2)YC will most likely, due to point 1, try to attack the dragon and somehow manage to hit dragon's fault, otherwise I don't see any point in coming up with that weakness in the first place. Well, unless it'll be useful later in the novel, which, I suppose, is also possible.

Anyone knows what Mars wrote in the AN?
  • Bluekirby said:

Profound Handle isn't about physical strength but user strength. True, 20% of Yun Che's without gates doesn't sound impressive but 60% of Yun Che's power with Rumbling Heaven should let him jump half of the big realm with ease and is freaking OP. And it can take any form - arrow, spear, freaking big sword... It can be anything. Not to mention possibility to making two attacks at the same time it is so flexible that it's stupid to NOT USE it. Btw, it might be affected by for example Stealth ability or combined with his movement skill in fight... Possibilities are endless but actual usage is almost none. That's so sad...
    ________________________________________________________________________________

As for the chapter it looks like another info dumpster to me. Also, I doubt that long sword is really useful against gigantic dragon so I doubt it will really matter. The real reason would be that death flag raised in every dialogue - everyone is so cocky and certain of the success... It is asking for troubles.
    It doesn't matter for Yun Che what profound handle he can produce, it will still be weaker than Hong'er in terms of strength of a weapon. Sure he can open Rumbling Heaven and attack with a 60% profound handle but it will still be 100x weaker than simply attacking with Hong'er.

Profound Handle is perfectly fine being used as a sneak attack but using it as the primary offense is pointless.

• Bluekirby said:
    Bluekirby said:

It doesn't matter for Yun Che what profound handle he can produce, it will still be weaker than Hong'er in terms of strength of a weapon. Sure he can open Rumbling Heaven and attack with a 60% profound handle but it will still be 100x weaker than simply attacking with Hong'er.

Profound Handle is perfectly fine being used as a sneak attack but using it as the primary offense is pointless.

Dude, you are missing the point. Yun clan is fighting like any other profound practioneer AND they have Profound Handle. They don't need to hold it or anything, it's just flying around wherever they want and it has the shape of their desire. It is not like having additional weapon but closer to having a minion who is controled with your mind. Reread the chapter Xiao Yun was fighting with Yun Xinyue's Profound Handle. Xinyue didn't have to even move to deal with Xiao Yun, he just sent his Handle to deal with him. Imagine Xinyue fighting for real using his weapon and arts on top of this. Obviously Handle can't be replacement for real weapon because nobody is using it that way unless power disparity is big but it is rather used as a "partner" in combat. Don't tell me it is useless with Rumbling Heaven because it's completely wrong - it is always useful in any circumstances.
  • Bluekirby said:
    Bluekirby said:

Dude, you are missing the point. Yun clan is fighting like any other profound practioneer AND they have Profound Handle. They don't need to hold it or anything, it's just flying around wherever they want and it has the shape of their desire. It is not like having additional weapon but closer to having a minion who is controled with your mind. Reread the chapter Xiao Yun was fighting with Yun Xinyue's Profound Handle. Xinyue didn't have to even move to deal with Xiao Yun, he just sent his Handle to deal with him. Imagine Xinyue fighting for real using his weapon and arts on top of this. Obviously Handle can't be replacement for real weapon because nobody is using it that way unless power disparity is big but it is rather used as a "partner" in combat. Don't tell me it is useless with Rumbling Heaven because it's completely wrong - it is always useful in any circumstances.
    You're making the baseless assumption that the profound handle is "free". Its not, regardless of what it uses, we can argue that until the cows come home, but nothing is for free, to use the profound handle, the person has to expend profound energy, mind energy, whatever, some type of energy.

For Yun Che, that energy is better spent using his heavy sword, its really just that simple.
  • Personally I'm wondering if the cost will be essentially free or near enough, when he gets the same gold version the True God had. If that's the case then Mars may be waiting until then to make it truly relevant. On a separate note regarding the chapter, we already knew things were going to go wrong but Mars just had to add the flags lol "we got this in the bag 100%", should be interesting. At least the 2 sect masters seem like alright people, just Hou Rulie that's a douche thus far, though honestly as long as he makes friend with Vermilion Bird guy I'm satisfied. I bet Hou Rulie will be leaving the picture soon enough anyways with Hou Poyun taking over afterwards.
  • edited January 13
    @Bluekirby
    Maybe I make "the baseless assumption" but it was rather tiring for Yun Che to use it in Earth Realm and apperently after over 700 chapters and jumping over 5 big realms including Divine threshold it is still unusable in fight. Makes you think how Yun clan is able to use it and be so strong but not our protagonist... If you can't see how lazy Mars in general is when writing Yun Che's fights and how much he delay introduction of new arts then nothing I say is going to change your view on it. But for me it's starting to be annoying to waste Handle and other elements like Lightning and read over and over again about sword slashes that works like hits from blunt weapon into Golden Annihilation/Decimating Earth.

@Forgotten_Fate
    Can you really call Rulie a douche? He really hates Xuanyin and we still don't know if it is unjustified hate. Bingyun hinted that she was poisoned as a form of revange so Xuanyin is probably responsible for poisoning Rulie's son somehow in the first place. I mean, I would be preety mad in his position too. For me he so far doesn't strike me as someone evil or anything like that. I'm going to wait in my judgement because personally I'd like to see all 3 Flame Masters to end up as faithful subordinates of new Flame Realm King rather than his enemy. We've read enough of it, could be fun to actually meet decent people for once.

@EDIT
    I know that you can't trust the wiki but apperently we know the name for Evil God's art for HADES gate and we still haven't seen the one for Rumbling Heaven... Nice job Mars, nice job...
  • Next chapter or 3 will probably be exploring the FGR and probably meeting with Poyun again before the disaster at the FGBP. MX I suspect intends this to be a spectical of her strength for YC to see how weak he really is possibly? MX herself in her conversation with her sister seems far too relaxed referring to the dragon's Fault having been damaged, underestimating it. 

So many potential ways the story could advance right now, the actual fight having MX hurt? Can just Hou Rolie move in for the kill with her hurt and weakened. Imagine redo of the LDE situation but with a big change that he takes her all the way to the bottom of the prison to prevent the dragon from following. Encounter one of the fire birds with MX half unconcious and they speak with YC with her overhearing the conversation and learning he has spoken with the Ice Pheonix as well though a little far fetched.

Probably stumble on our favorite wingman the GC and after MX told her sister no one is to make contact unless its massive problem back home they might be in the FGBP for a while within an orb of fire and GC lust driven antics claiming Dragon Yang will improve MX or what ever.

Situation where Dragon is near death and dies below with MX recovered / body remade like theory I suggested previously.

The possibilities are endless :P 
  • @Shiro_Shinigami
    It is said that she accidentally hurt / cripped his son. She felt bad about it and wanted to make amends, but Rulie plotted for revenge and attacked her sister. So now the situation is one of endless hatred felt by Rulie because MX is too strong and with her sister healed he feels robbed. He is a father and for 1000 years he has had to watch and seethe. Planning the downfall of his most hated. If it is though Poyun or possibly some other method we can only wait and see. He could have been a nice guy but 1000 years of hatred means he is probably not able to go back even if he was a swell guy before.
  • @Ravannoc True that, lots of possibilities, that's one thing I'll give Mars for sure is that he always has us guessing and somehow manages to do so while still throwing us a lot of cliche moments, making an interesting mix of predictable and not. The irony if/when they dual cultivate aside from the fact that both will likely advance in cultivation is that originally MX wanted to use the Nine Revolutions Buddha Heart Lotus to advance to next stage but gave it to YC. If she advances by snu snu with him then in essence she will have still advanced in a way via the lotus lol, just in a different way (though granted the lotus would likely have nothing to do with the increase and it'd be his bloodlines that'd upgrade her). Despite being a cliche scene it'd be one great way for MX to forgive him for the sexy times if she progressed in rank as she'd be happy about the new rank though embarrassed about the means, plus this would also fit in the timeline to where she could help with the Qingyue situation. I'm not entirely sure how much stronger Moon God Realm King actually is but I imagine her advancing to next step would certainly help close the gap a bit. I keep thinking about waiting to read this weekly but each time there's any chapter update I feel myself drawn to read it... damn it Mars o.o
  • edited January 13
    @Forgotten_Fate
    Hahaha - Love that you referred to it as snu snu. Realistically I think she will probably edge on trying to kill him after much like Chu Yuechan almost did with the dragon god. So unless the GC makes mention of something like the treat that is coming and she becomes aware of it as well to prevent herself from slaughtering him. All you need recall is how she almost killed him for an accidental grope...
  • lol yeah I've been hearing too much references to 'death by snu snu' lately so it was on my mind and I couldn't resist. Yeah the situation is eerily similar hence why the cliche but not sure if Mars will go that route or something else, so many choices. But yeah at this rate if anything happens and MX is in that situation then it'll be very similar indeed. For all we know the situation will go perfect with the dragon then YC will slip on a banana peel into FGBP. Obviously not but you get the idea :P I'm not sure what I look forward to more, her reactions after losing her virginity or her reactions upon first seeing MB afterwards and that awkward tension.
  • edited January 13
    Ok, let's no go too far ahead. Personally I'd prefer something like "he died for me and I was a douche" scenario than another "safe by snu snu" if we really go that way. For me it's still more likely to Xuanyin not being able to deal with the Dragon but since she is OP she is able to escape and Yun Che doing some weird things in the background and eventually landing in the FGBP. After all nobody else than Yun Che can probably survive on the bottom of the FGBP anyway, including Xuanyin. But very soon we should know everything.

And @Ravannoc that just means that Yun Che needs to heal him once he become Flame Realm King. It's that simple. In Rulie's eyes she practically killed his beloved son (after 1000 years he was still unable to heal him and it was said that he is almost finished just like Bingyun was), I doubt that any amends would interest him. He is after all GC inheritor, they tend to have really explosive temperament... Like I'm not saying that he is a saint or any other Sect Leader from Flame Realm is but from what we know he shouldn't be another Hanyi and might be preety OK person. After all he is Poyun's Master and Poyun looks like perfect bro material. You can't have disciple who is completely opposite in character than you, right?
  • edited January 13
    @Shiro_Shinigami  As I said I am pretty sure he was probably a pretty swell guy (Wingman Golden Crow has him as her Sect leader! How can he not be :P ). The only thing to cure that kinda hatred would be YC curing his son which he could do in secret being able to stealth around now. I would also prefer a situation you mentioned as your preference. :D On this we can agree avoiding sexytime-no-jitsu saves all moment, (Read snu snu  @Forgotten_Fate  hehehe)

I do believe she is still far from joining harem and would prefer it that way, more likely her sister or MF. She has to fulfill the master role still before they can move in that direction once sentiment develops apart from the pretty flower he gave her. 

As a side note I believe he could extend his aura as he did with LDE in the sea of death to protect MX as well if it did go that route.

• edited January 13
    Yeah, he could do it but diffrence between surface and the bottom is a little more than just small one. Also he needs to do something there and not being forced to take care of her 24/7 might help here. 

And as for harem candidates it is quite obvious she is the one for current arc. MF dissapeared after few chapters, Bingyun and Xiaolan are only reccuring characters and he finally started to develop relationship with MX. I doubt that she will join anytime soon too, but mostly because power and status disparity rather than anything else. I mean she already is giving us signals that she is at the very least "charmed" by his character. It seems to be far from love or anything like that but at the same time you don't keep flower from your disciple like a treasure...
  • edited January 13
    Well do we even know if this Burial prison is just a lava lake or some god made structure at the bottom? Previously it referred to treasures found at the bottom of the burial prison which hints at a structure to house set treasures. If she is with him down there he can allow her to rest one side while he explores maybe :D 

Well MF is technically his fiance yet ... called off but told grand elder not to pawn her off to someone else. To the rest of the realm YC and MF are a couple at MX's decree. It really depends on MX as well as to what happens. She could go complete tsundere and not allow him near her to enforce a barrier between them as master and student and taking up forceful methods again with MF making her and YC get to know one another. Again so many possibilities :D can only wait and see.
  • So he learns stealth and an obvious weak point is mentioned. Hmm, I wonder what will happen.

• I'd love to see Jasmine meet MX and have a tsundere fight. "I'm YC's master" "No, I am" "You b*tch" "Wanna fight"
  • Usual questions.

Has he met his child yet and has he found xia qingyue?
    My name is Bladerash3, nice to meet you. I`M A MALE!
  • nope.on both cases.
  • Bluekirby said:
    I'd love to see Jasmine meet MX and have a tsundere fight. "I'm YC's master" "No, I am" "You b*tch" "Wanna fight"
    I see your a man of culture as well, that would TOTALLY be awesome. Jasmine 10/10 will get jealous and start accusing YC being MX disciple because he is a lecher whos charmed by big boobs, and MX prob retaliate by looking down on Jasmine as a little girl and not qualified to teach YC. 
  • edited January 14
    New chapter is out.

Here comes the trouble.
  • edited January 14
    lmao poor Che, MX passes Che to Yan, Yan passes to Huo, Huo passes to Poyun, then Poyun runs away this is fkin hilarious rofl.
    Now YC alone in FGR, 100% he will stir up trouble and will leave some lasting impression.
    Wonder how YC will join in the fight if MX dont even let him looks at the dragon? Maybe something unexpected happen to MX and YC rushes there? Cuz MX is keen on not letting YC near the FGBP and we all know theres no way it will happen lol.
    Oh yeah, I bet YC will  cure Huo son imo, and land GC sect a big favour. Perhaps we can even meet the GC and phoenix again
  • Healing the son was almost certain from the start. I was preety sure it is going to happen after becoming the Realm King but right now it is kinda hinted that it might happen like right now. That's very interesting. Also Poyun haven't arrived yet.

Btw there is another girl on the horizon. Gosh, I hope that it is going to ends up on Niagara in the pants without introducing another girl with questionable importance as reccuring character....