Latest chapter discussion

Comments

• edited January 12
    Haha - if he somehow gained inheritance from the vermilion bird as well he is literally "The Flame God."

@Shiro_Shinigami
    Adventurer hat on and off her goes to explore. Can imagine the scene where the Dragon is dying and runs away to die in prison and YC steals the whole corpse in the process.
    Golden Crow  Best wingman 2016, 2017
  • Ravannoc said:
    Haha - if he somehow gained inheritance from the vermilion bird as well he is literally "The Flame God."

@Shiro_Shinigami
    Adventurer hat on and off her goes to explore. Can imagine the scene where the Dragon is dying and runs away to die in prison and YC steals the whole corpse in the process.
    One way or another, he should get something from the Dragon. Considering location it should be something that will benefit his fire skills, but that also would make a problem. What I mean is that he already has inheritance from 2 fire gods and likely to get 3rd one. Even his phoenix flame is practically not used anymore. I doubt that he needs another fire inheritance since we already see that all elements are not treated equally here. I can't remember him using lightning even once after it was introduced. 
    So I would bet he will ether get some Dragon skills or improve his blue flame.
  • I dont think YC needs Vermillion Bird flame. I would prefer him to improve his Phoenix legacy because it is currently his weakest legacy. Stronger phoenix flame would also mean stronger ice flame.

Whoever said that he might give the super pill to one of his girls. I think that will happen too. I want to see Xue'er come to the god realm.
  • Bluekirby said:
    I dont think YC needs Vermillion Bird flame. I would prefer him to improve his Phoenix legacy because it is currently his weakest legacy. Stronger phoenix flame would also mean stronger ice flame.

Whoever said that he might give the super pill to one of his girls. I think that will happen too. I want to see Xue'er come to the god realm.
    "Need" isn't a good word here. He is going to get it simply because he needs to have triplet. You don't tease your readers like that for over 900 chapters only to say "you know what? let's leave last bird alone!". Mars purposely completely ignoring Blue Dragon and Ice Quilin to not have to add it to Yun Che's collection. If we would see even one of them then people would demand triplet but as it is for now it's completely forgotten. For me I'd rather want to see Lightning Legacy and seeds but Mars is really loving his Fire and Ice shenigans because it is making his life much easier - no need to think about new arts, Divine Beasts, characters, backgrounds... We are still waiting for 4th EG's Art to this day but got full set of Golden Crow and hinted Vermillion Bird flame. There is simply no escape from it.

And as for "super pill" - it doesn't really matter what he is going to do with it if he won't need it after all as long as he won't drag his harem into RotG. I don't want to sound like sexist here but they are happy and safe on BPS and they should stay there. Dragging them into RotG would make everything so messed up. Take for example Xue'er - her body is basically the Holy Grail in the Flame Realm and reading about kidnaping shenigans or great conspiracy and jealousy shenigans doesn't sound to me as really interesting development. They should join him only when he reach the level and status where they become untouchable and not earlier because they have no chance to be actually useful for him in his journey. In fact it would rather oppossite. Of course you can give ass pulled upgrades but that is in my opinion even worse route for Mars to take - not all girls need to be his support in fight they just need to be in the story and have any impact on it. I hate when authors are discarding girls but leaving them at home where MC is planning to return in few years sounds good to me and should stay that way.
  • Bluekirby 
    The third Vermilion flame is not needed for the flame, not unless it is vs Devils - its ability to hurt them is second to none of the 3 flames. 
    The reason he 'needs it' is for the whole Flame God Realm King status. He has all 3 legacies and alike they cannot complain about him being the most eligible have all three sets of legacies as it means the spirits all thought him worthy.

@Shiro_Shinigami
    I dislike it when the wives are left at home where they will be in danger if a whiff gets out about his origins when he causes a stink. I agree with you about most of what you said but the solution might be as simple as the theft of the eternal sky pearl if they need a power up. We are going with the assumption the world needle is in the ark somewhere and there was a theory that of the treasures attracted one another. Might even find the eternal sky pearl merges with him like the sky poison pearl which would be damn funny after conference.
    Everyone gathers.
    Organiser: "Ok lets go in."
    Current owner: "Wtf its gone?" 

• @Ravannoc I hear ya, on the one hand I'd love for him to get the Eternal Sky Pearl especially if he gets his hands on the World Needle from the arc or something. Not only is it an amazing treasure by itself but that Inverse Formation: Space and Time Calamity sounds incredibly interesting and powerful. That said, on the other hand I'd feel bad if it was stolen and it'd be better if it was somehow granted to him in some way due to the leader of Eternal Heaven Realm seeming like a saint that is willing to share good fortune with others. Unless of course he's no saint and has corrupt things in mind then forget it and steal it lol. I also agree about the 3 flames, should be a rather interesting flame merger when he gets all 3, curious what element(s) he'll work on after fire is complete. C'mon next chapter!
  • edited January 13
    Ravannoc said:

@Shiro_Shinigami
    I dislike it when the wives are left at home where they will be in danger if a whiff gets out about his origins when he causes a stink. I agree with you about most of what you said but the solution might be as simple as the theft of the eternal sky pearl if they need a power up. We are going with the assumption the world needle is in the ark somewhere and there was a theory that of the treasures attracted one another. Might even find the eternal sky pearl merges with him like the sky poison pearl which would be damn funny after conference.
    Everyone gathers.
    Organiser: "Ok lets go in."
    Current owner: "Wtf its gone?" 

Ehmm... So it's better to take them to RotG where everyone can get to know about them without any chance to take care of them? And your solution to that is locking them for several hundred or even thousand of years in the Pearl just so they can be relavant until Yun Che reach True God level and beyond which probably means... 1-2 arcs of the story at best? Not to mention that I'm not sure if they even want that themself. And let's do not start talking about that most of the harem has at the current state no chance to get powerful and only Caiyi and Xue'er can probably make it and support him in that scenario. 

Look, I don't mind battle harem but forcefully making it in this story simply doesn't work in my opinion. Like, what would be a real purpose for them to be even remotely strong? Do they really need that? Especially Cang Yue, Lingxi and Ling'er should be as they are right now (Lingxi can even die for what I care about her...). For me the only person even remotely equal to him in strength at the end of the story should be Qingyue followed by Jasmine and Xuanyin. 
  • @Shiro_Shinigami
    You took that waaaaay to literally. I am saying I am not a fan of them being left behind (Personal feelings regarding family etc). I was simply giving my thoughts of how he could possible acquire a "battle harem" as you so eloquently referred to them as :D Also the comedic side of it was more what I was striving for ^_^
  • Battle harem sounds good lmao, but yeah if there will be one it would be like jasmine qingyue dragon god daughter etc
  • @Ravannoc
    Oh, you meant it that way. Well, technically they aren't "left behind", they are in the "waiting room" for Yun Che to finally be someone. The reason I like reading Mars is that he never leaves harem members completely behind. Making them equally important is impossible but the fact that they are in the story makes it so much better compared to what other authors are doing with them. I despise protagonist who completely disgarding their girls because they are "too weak" and here it's not going to happen.

Also, Yun Che really needs some time to focus only on himself. His harem costed him at least few years of progress. I would be mad if we won't get slice of life when the times for reurning comes but right now I'm glad that Yun Che in only 50 chapters made more progress in his cultivation and skills than he made in previous few hundred chapters...
  • @Shiro_Shinigami
    Well YC is in need of a serious upgrade or two more still. I want to see dragon god inheritance or art along with lighting ... I am sorry who does not like lighting? Its all flashy and zap! You win. haha

Side note saw an interesting post about the dragon someone linked from Mars wechat as seen below:

要开始屠龙了,前文提到过,龙不但是万兽之尊,亦可称万灵之尊,不但在躯体和力量之上,心智之上也要胜过人类,不要忘记这一点——比如书中出现的第一条龙,那只新手村(后来被晕车吃掉)的炎龙,一上来就把焚天门给阴了……

要不是当时云澈多管闲事,焚天门直接白送五个BOSS级人头。

所以,葬神火狱的远古虬龙,远不是吟雪界和炎神界目前所知的那么简单。

另外,屠龙不仅只是屠龙,这会是一个很大的转折。一直在神界小心翼翼的云澈,终于要大雄起一次了!

被神劫境玄兽一巴掌就拍掉半条命的渣渣在神主级别的大后期BOSS面前雄起……我知道你们肯定不信。

别说你们,连云澈都不相信。

其实连我都不信!!

我就是随便凑篇文章……
  • Strength at the end of the story should be qingyue
  • New chapter is out.
  • verrrrry interesting

So does MX know YC has the budda healing thing or does she just think his regen is pretty normal?

What was happening with the Ice Feather Spirit Flower exactly?

• Lmao I CALLED IT!!! The flower was used to wooo MX! Moreover it had successfully increased her affection for him lololol.Bluekirby said:
    verrrrry interesting

So does MX know YC has the budda healing thing or does she just think his regen is pretty normal?

Basically YC risked his life for the flower so that he can gifted it to MX, it represent her image in his heart. MX after received it was happy and forgave him, then she proceeded to put the flower in the place the lotus once was. This startled MB greatly because its the most important place inside the temple which is nourished by the water from the lake and the blood of MX herself and under the best protection. This means that she really apreciate the gift...huh sounds familiar lol, Jasmine was also very happy with the fairy dress YC gave her back then.
    Now we finally off the the best part of the arc, FGBP! Time for YC to show off and grab more power from the fire vein has come!
    Also YC noticed MX followed him in fog valley lol. 
    YC with long sword is hard to imagine, id LMAO if Hong et eats the sword lol, YC better not put it in the SPP
  • AkaiRyuu said:
    Lmao I CALLED IT!!! The flower was used to wooo MX! Moreover it had successfully increased her affection for him lololol.Bluekirby said:
    verrrrry interesting

Basically YC risked his life for the flower so that he can gifted it to MX, it represent her image in his heart. MX after received it was happy and forgave him, then she proceeded to put the flower in the place the lotus once was. This startled MB greatly because its the most important place inside the temple which is nourished by the water from the lake and the blood of MX herself and under the best protection. This means that she really apreciate the gift...huh sounds familiar lol, Jasmine was also very happy with the fairy dress YC gave her back then.
    Now we finally off the the best part of the arc, FGBP! Time for YC to show off and grab more power from the fire vein has come!
    Also YC noticed MX followed him in fog valley lol. 
    YC with long sword is hard to imagine, id LMAO if Hong et eats the sword lol, YC better not put it in the SPP
    Yeah, should have clarified, I got that part,

There was a paragraph about the flower and the 9000 budda heart lotus. Didn't get that part.
  • @Bluekirby
    She nourished the flower for 9000 years last time. Also she has no idea about GWotB. She was startled that he not only regenerated so much he also had breakthrough. The list of things she knows about him is as followed:
    - EG - still not fully understand it;
    - Dragon Legacy - still probably not completely certain about degree and type; Dragon Soul is completely unique to Yun Che as the Dragon said himself so even if she recognized the origin I'm not sure if she understand what is it especially that Yun Che shouldn't be able to merge with the Soul with his weak power in the first place;
    - Golden Crow and Phoenix - probably she has no idea about souls and she probably thinks he has only 1 drop of blood or something;
    - Ice Phoenix - obvious one;
    - Broken Shadow.
    She still has no idea about Sirius, GWotB, Jasmine's Blood and definetely about Devil's Orb. So it's about time for her to interrogate him. 
  • @Shiro_Shinigami you forgot Profound Handle. @AkaiRyuu Ugh, you and everyone else talking about it being 'funny' if the other blade was eaten are messed up lol... wouldn't be all that funny, especially with how sentimental the blades are and it'd literally kill any chances at good relationships with MX and MB in the future, let alone the fact that YC would probably be killed 100%. It's a precious heirloom left by her mother, a simple "oops lol" when Hong'er eats it isn't exactly comedic nor would it do much for story. Aside from the rarity there's no point for her to eat the sword and I'm sure MX can come up with plenty of other powerful swords for her to eat, hell we might get some treasures while over in Flame God Realm, maybe even down in the FGBP, let them pay Hong'er's food bill I say :P But yeah please for the love of god Hong'er stay away from heirlooms.
  • At this point I think that everybody forgot about Handle especially Mars...
  • He just used profound handle to lure Yizhou not too long ago so Mars hasnt forgot bout it, its just kinda not very useful now, just like the purple cloud art and the SPP treasure search or the primordial ark ability. They are taking the back seat for better things imo. It maybe will get spot light in the future.
    Wait, couldnt YC used the profound ark to hide when he was in fog valley lol? its not a true god creation like other area where the ark lost its power, its just a normal place in SSR...
  • edited January 13
    Wonder if we gonna see a moment where MX is Jasmine'd (poisoned/body destroyed, drinks YC's blood and lives in pearl for a short while allowing her to discover his secrets mentioned above). Then helping her rebuild her body as he did Jasmine and letting her use the Netherworld flower to do so. Also give reason to speak with her about Jasmine and why he believes he needs to get to her ASAP. Jasmine required 'A stalk of Netherworld Udumbara Flower, three Profound Beast Cores no lower than that of the Tyrant Profound Realm as well as… At least thirty-five kilos of Purple Veined God Crystal' He should have cores from beasts killed in the Vanishing Fog Prison, he stole the crystal from Hanyi's family vault and he just happens to have the flower already...

Coincidence?
  • edited January 13
    Ravannoc said:
    Wonder if we gonna see a moment where MX is Jasmine'd (poisoned/body destroyed, drinks YC's blood and lives in pearl for a short while allowing her to discover his secrets mentioned above). Then helping her rebuild her body as he did Jasmine and letting her use the Netherworld flower to do so. Also give reason to speak with her about Jasmine and why he believes he needs to get to her ASAP. Jasmine required 'A stalk of Netherworld Udumbara Flower, three Profound Beast Cores no lower than that of the Tyrant Profound Realm as well as… At least thirty-five kilos of Purple Veined God Crystal' He should have cores from beasts killed in the Vanishing Fog Prison, he stole the crystal from Hanyi's family vault and he just happens to have the flower already...

Coincidence?
    LOL. that is pretty 'out there' theory.

@AkaiRyuu
    Probably the ark is really low on power. Also probably has to do with spatial laws being stronger in the god realm so it would require more power for the ark to teleport. On that note, I am interested to see how fancy the Flame God Realm profound ark is.
  • Well, Primordial Ark is artifact from Primordial Era forged by Evil God himself who used one of the 7 Treasures to create it. I think it is a little bit unwise to show it in public especially because it's "engine" is also his sword... 

And as for Profound Handle what I meant is Yun Che uses it like once every 100+ chapters to confuse someone who is pursuing him. Eventually in even more rare case he is using it read memories of someone much weaker than him. Amazing... Not to mention that what made Yun clan so OP was exactly that Profound Handle who while used in battle increase combat capabilities. Have you seen Yun Che using it even once in battle? I seriously don't recall it at all so it either happened very long time ago or was simple so insignificant that he could as well not use it at all. Any Yun clan member would use Profound Handle against for example Ji Hanfeng to compensate the diffrence in power (in Purgatory they were more or less equal in strength) but not MC because reasons. And finally Handle's color in Rumbling Heaven Gate state should be super strong which makes it even better. Why our protagonist won't use it at all?

So yeah, Mars' treatment toward handle is exactly the same as for Lightning arts, other seeds and such - they exist only for us, readers, to remember that Yun Che is potentially even more broken and he isn't only Brutal with Herculean Strength who also can use fire and water....
  • Well, Primordial Ark is artifact from Primordial Era forged by Evil God himself who used one of the 7 Treasures to create it. I think it is a little bit unwise to show it in public especially because it's "engine" is also his sword... 

And as for Profound Handle what I meant is Yun Che uses it like once every 100+ chapters to confuse someone who is pursuing him. Eventually in even more rare case he is using it read memories of someone much weaker than him. Amazing... Not to mention that what made Yun clan so OP was exactly that Profound Handle who while used in battle increase combat capabilities. Have you seen Yun Che using it even once in battle? I seriously don't recall it at all so it either happened very long time ago or was simple so insignificant that he could as well not use it at all. Any Yun clan member would use Profound Handle against for example Ji Hanfeng to compensate the diffrence in power (in Purgatory they were more or less equal in strength) but not MC because reasons. And finally Handle's color in Rumbling Heaven Gate state should be super strong which makes it even better. Why our protagonist won't use it at all?

So yeah, Mars' treatment toward handle is exactly the same as for Lightning arts, other seeds and such - they exist only for us, readers, to remember that Yun Che is potentially even more broken and he isn't only Brutal with Herculean Strength who also can use fire and water....

Yun Che used Profound Handle three times for battle as far as I remember.

1st - Against that elder guy from DPE before the tournament among the seven nations.
    2nd - Against Moon Slaughter Devil Sovereign after he used his second(but not last) form.
    3rd - Briefly against Wentian when he invaded IDR.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • @Ophis @Shiro_Shinigami
    Perhaps its because Yun Che requires so much profound strength to use thicc girl Hong'er that he doesn't have much to spare. I imagine for a normal dude like Yun Canghai he can use 50% of his energy on his profound handle while Yun Che can probably only spend 1%.
  • They also forgot the vermilion  bird jade lol, perhaps it could be use to power the ark?
  • I'm having trouble remembering, can anyone please remind me what the requirement is for becoming Flame God Realm King? I know it has something to do with FGBP (perhaps reaching the bottom or getting what's down there?). I'm hopeful that when it happens it'll be a rather large cultivation boost since I doubt they'd enjoy having a low cultivation Realm King ruling them, though I'm sure they'd still accept matters given his potential and bloodlines. I can't remember for the life of me lol, would be much appreciated, thx ^.^
  • edited January 13
    @Bluekirby
    Profound Handle is more about mind rather than profound strength. It was a problem in Sky realm but I can't imagine it's a problem for him now. 

@Ophis
    1. Fairly useful usage.
    2. Useless.
    3. Useless.
    No wonder I didn't remember any of it... Handle is such a joke. "Yun clan is super powerful and can fight on equal with people 1-2 small realms above thanks to it. But not you, MC, you will use it only as a meme.". Right now with Rumbling Heaven it should be Blue - 60% of his power. Combined it with boost with Rumbling Heaven in the first place and Yun Che is so much stronger! But no, let's just use it in fight he can't win anyway or at all :disappointed:

@Forgotten_Fate
    Reach the bottom of FGBP. That's it.
  • Just getting to the bottom.
  • @Shiro_Shinigami @Ravannoc Thanks, wasn't sure if that was it or not, curious how they'd be able to even tell, looking forward to the upcoming chapters!