My Father in Law is Lu Bu

2»

Comments

• ye, Liu Bei is a cockroach
  • edited October 2017
    done reading.. (disappointed that he only returns to future once during getting those horses and author killing Liu Zhong)
    Wife List:
    • Lu Lingqi = Lu Bu's daughter
    • Yuan Fang = Yuan Shu's daughter
    • Sun Shangxiang = Sun Ce's sister
    • Da Qiao = Sun Ce's wife
    • Xiao Qiao = Zhou Yu's fiancee
    • Cai Yi = Liu Biao's wife
    • Xiaocui = Madame Cai's maid
    • Qian Yu = Wuxi Barbarian Princess 
    • Zhou Rou = Zhang Xiu's wife(not sure about this but she did give Liu Mang a blowjob)
    Enemy's fate:
    • Zhang Xiu = Liu Bei killed him to get his troops and Nanyang
    • Sun Ce = Surrendered to Liu Mang in exchange for him saving Zhou Yu
    • Zhou Yu = Surrendered to Liu Mang in exchange to not killing Sun Ce
    • Taishi Ci = Joined Liu Mang after he got cured from his illness and followed Sun Ce
    • Liu Biao = Huang She killed him in order to make Liu Zhong to take over and become his puppet
    • Liu Pan = Huang She killed him and puts the blame of killing Liu Biao on him
    • Gongsun Du = His son killed him after he confronts him during Yangzhou's sieging on his land
    • Gongsun Kang = After the whole Liaodong arc he didnt get anymore screentime
    • Huang She = Pang Tong killed him so that Liu Bei could control Jingzhou
    • Zhao Wei = Jia Xiu killed him
    • Liu Zhang = Liu Bei killed him so that he can control Cheng Du
    • Guan Yu = Surrenders to Liu Mang in exchange for Liu Mang not killing Liu Bei
    • Guan Ping = Got captured by Taishi Ci
    • Liu Bei = Lost his mind and thinks he is a king, Liu Mang lets him go to an isolated village to live his kingly life until he died of old age
    • Zhang Fei = Started becoming after he got castrated by Huang She and finally became a woman after he lost to Lu Bu and change her name to Chang Fei. She then became Liu Bei's wife and died of old age (they dont have a kid tho)
    • Cao Pi = Due to the instigation of Sun Quan and Sima Yi he betrayed Cao Cao and made Liu Xie abdicated and became the Emperor of Great Jing. Sima Yi then killed Cao Pi half a year after he became the emperor
    • Sun Quan = Cao Pi ordered his execution the day after he became Great Jing Grand Commander due to the plotting of Sima Yi
    • Cao Cao = Surrendered to Liu Mang and became Zonghua Empire's first Prime Minister after the betrayal of Cao Pi and that he got surrounded by Liu Mang's army and that he didnt have much grains
    • Guo Jia = Became a teacher in Yangzhou in exchange for Liu Mang treating his illness + 100k Gold
    • Guo Yi = Liu Mang took him as his disciple and got brainwash and now loyal to Yangzhou
    • Wei Yan = Betrayed Liu Mang and joined Cao Cao's side but during his sieging on Chengdu and losing, his whereabouts is unknown.

• There's still Yi Zhou. Liu Bei survives all the way up to that point, doing what he does best. After that, he dies, I think.

Oh God, I remember now and I am disgusted by the treatment of Zhuge Liang in this story. All his best parts were given to some OC, the author portray him as a henpecked husband, and his character has been thoroughly smeared by the end. The original Zhuge Liang was the brilliant subordinate to Liu Bei, who always had his lord's best intentions in mind and was so diligent that he worked himself to the bone until the day he died of sheer exhaustion. This Zhuge Liang is decadent and lazy and just plain silly. Oh, and he is moved by wealth too. The fuck?

Say what you will about Sun Ce and Zhou Yu, they were portrayed with dignity, presence, and charisma for most of the story. This Zhuge Liang is a joke, without an ounce of pride. If this were the result, I wish the author had just made Zhuge Liang joined Liu Bei instead of giving him some OC, even if it meant he dies in the end.

I think that's why this story suffered so badly near the end. The OOCness. This story started out with a lot of proud and arrogant characters, but after a while, they become more slapstick and genetic. Take Lu Bu, for example. If the author had balls, Lu Bu will be the final boss, simply because he's not a character who'll leave his fate up to another person, even his son-in-law, if he could have it the other way around. Sun Quan, Zhang Fei... Hell, where did Cao Pi get the balls and support needed to rebel against his own father? MC himself is portrayed as a lord without much respect or dignity for himself, and that's supposed to endear him to his followers? If you're anyone but a protagonist, good luck trying that shit in China, 150 AD - 300 AD. The story became a tangled mess by the end. I almost expected everybody to hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

That said... The moments when this story shines, it really shines. And even at it's worst, there's at least a single moment when I pumped my fist and said oh yeah, that's awesome. The brick that MC got in the beginning will come back to play in a huge way at the end.

In case no one noticed, yes, I really like Zhuge Liang.

Of all the web novel I've read, I think 三国军神 has the best Zhuge Liang. Because of circumstances, that Zhuge Liang never joins MC and opposed him to the bitter end. He served Liu Bei instead. And even though he was an enemy, he was a great character. Then after he has lost his last shot to defeat MC, he never begs for his life and dies with dignity (in case anyone's interested, 第九百八十一章 - 殒命).

what do you mean brick?
  • The Imperial Seal of China.

You know how it goes. Whenever Cao Cao finally moves against someone, he always declares them a traitor and attack them under the pretense of the crown. Well... this time, Cao Cao tried the same shit and MC just takes out the Imperial Seal and declares himself the legitimate Emperor. I completely forgot about the Imperial Seal and it was unmentioned for so long that I laughed like crazy when it happened. That was very well done and probably something the author decided early on.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • The Imperial Seal of China.

You know how it goes. Whenever Cao Cao finally moves against someone, he always declares them a traitor and attack them under the pretense of the crown. Well... this time, Cao Cao tried the same shit and MC just takes out the Imperial Seal and declares himself the legitimate Emperor. I completely forgot about the Imperial Seal and it was unmentioned for so long that I laughed like crazy when it happened. That was very well done and probably something the author decided early on.

ye, specially considering how they advertise him as part of Liu so his legitimacy increases and Cao Cao couldnt do anything anymore at the end since Liu Mang controls 80% of their gold
  • kinda like how all the plans Pang Tong did but it all ended up helping Liu Mang
  • what happen to the 2 baby tigers?
  • rvtots33 said:
    what happen to the 2 baby tigers?
    cant remember.. either the sisters took it back with them or was left in the forest since it never got mentioned ever again