harem

Comments

• There is no harem in ED.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Here is a link to every member of his harem(sword-maids) http://www.hotupub.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7044
  • The only one he have actual romantic relationship with so far is Bu Lianxiang that old princess from the latest translated arc.
  • Sword-maids (so called) are Li Qiye's disciples. Just a fancy name lol. Harem? Haha. 

The Almighty Froppy
  • I thought he developed feelings for the first and second maid, forgot their name already lol. 
  • Hexwolfx said:
    Here is a link to every member of his harem(sword-maids) http://www.hotupub.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7044
    Can anyone translate this list of names? Thanks.
  • he got few fiancee tho, but he treated them all the same as his sword maid
  • Well most of the time they become his fiancee because of some accident....
    Some divine tree giving him talisman that makes him become a fiancee of the girl. 
    or there are time when he got kicked flying away after getting treasure and ends up in the place where there are some competition to decide who will be the husband of the girl.
  • xsodus said:

Can anyone translate this list of names? Thanks.
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/emperor-index/emperor-glossary/
    I translated all of them here.
  • Wow, almost all of them have big boo... I mean plot, yeah, definitely a plot.
  • Spoiler

Divine Burn Feng Nu is dead right now how can she became his maid? im at chapter 557

• edited November 2016
    That is just page where author shared girl covers of 1st 50-55~volumes, There at atleast 20-30+ girls beyond those. with pics
    Not all of them are maids, They are just girls who were in focus for that part vol to warrant a picture.

Many arent even rec-curing chars from there. Much less be maids, And he only makes Li shang sword maid, Chen his normal maid. He doesnt make everyone a maid, If they are allowed they all have different positions.

TLDR - Ed does not have any concept even close to harem since latest 2100 Raws.
  • basically he has a bunch of women around him but he isn't really using them as a harem like mars does, except some teasing occasionally. Only 2 people he seems to genuinely love so far and basically everyone else are just his followers. Although i get the feeling the authors gonna make the sword maids virgin/single during their time following mc maybe in the end it'll end up as a harem not sure since its ongoing
  • edited November 2016
    He just picks people with some special talent or firm dao heart or some in their ancestors share who fought with their lives under MC without any question.

No one from current gen has gotten to point to be qualified to be his lover.
    Some spoilers till End of Raws

Su Zhen from Heaven protector sect is exception and he accepts her as concubine [ Sect is extreme loyal li qi ye person who had sent its every genius and talented person under Li Qi Ye in wars and always were at vanguard, It costed their sect a lot but they were always proud, MC is their Son of Heaven, Past IE  who Crow taught duped li qi ye in signing something which was if Son of Heaven arrives again and their Heaven Protector sect successor is female they will marry . Li Qi Ye was planned but he didnt mind because HPS paid a lot for him and the girl Su Zhen was inheriting IE Wen Shi [ or whoever HPS 1st IE was] ancient bloodline which made her bottom half face extremly disgusting to look at. But MC accepts her without any qualms and she is happy even to be picked as a concubine.

From past his lovers included - Qian Su Yun[ 10th World World emperor daughter, Combat general under they lived through a lot of hardships and time together ] , Possibly Shi Li [ Old general under him]
    And as of now in present world only person he had sex with and is nurturing his bloodline is Ancient Zhong Zhou Princess aka Bu Lian Xiang

• edited November 2016
    viole1369 said:
    He just picks people with some special talent or firm dao heart or some in their ancestors share who fought with their lives under MC without any question.

No one from current gen has gotten to point to be qualified to be his lover.
    Some spoilers till End of Raws

Su Zhen from Heaven protector sect is exception and he accepts her as concubine [ Sect is extreme loyal li qi ye person who had sent its every genius and talented person under Li Qi Ye in wars and always were at vanguard, It costed their sect a lot but they were always proud, MC is their Son of Heaven, Past IE  who Crow taught duped li qi ye in signing something which was if Son of Heaven arrives again and their Heaven Protector sect successor is female they will marry . Li Qi Ye was planned but he didnt mind because HPS paid a lot for him and the girl Su Zhen was inheriting IE Wen Shi [ or whoever HPS 1st IE was] ancient bloodline which made her bottom half face extremly disgusting to look at. But MC accepts her without any qualms and she is happy even to be picked as a concubine.

From past his lovers included - Qian Su Yun[ 10th World World emperor daughter, Combat general under they lived through a lot of hardships and time together ] , Possibly Shi Li [ Old general under him]
    And as of now in present world only person he had sex with and is nurturing his bloodline is Ancient Zhong Zhou Princess aka Bu Lian Xiang

Isn't one of his old lover from the heaven spirit world? The old that already die and he visited her grave, her name was Jian wuxie I think and he call her the woman who most understand him, I believe he was in love with her too. And I think there is also zhai yue.
  • Jian Wenxue
    while it may look but nope, Her brother cleared it up. To them li qi ye is their master,savior and their Father.
    So she is definitely not her lover.

Oh yea true forgot about Zhai Yue Fairy Maiden, thats another one but honestly it could also not be the same. Their history is complicated after all
    True Military Goddess is questionable since they do seem like a pair but she always say she will never hold back mc or hope he stops for her. It might be same case as Bu Lang tho, But yea she leans more towards lover side but no confirmation.
  • edited November 2016
    viole1369 said:
    Jian Wenxue
    while it may look but nope, Her brother cleared it up. To them li qi ye is their master,savior and their Father.
    So she is definitely not her lover.

Oh yea true forgot about Zhai Yue Fairy Maiden, thats another one but honestly it could also not be the same. Their history is complicated after all
    True Military Goddess is questionable since they do seem like a pair but she always say she will never hold back mc or hope he stops for her. It might be same case as Bu Lang tho, But yea she leans more towards lover side but no confirmation.
    About Jian wenxue, only the little brother think of LQY like that plus the father part, there were no confirmation on wenxue herself but I believe she think of him as a master, savior and lover instead of a father like her brother. She wanted him to settle down with her and the fact is she never got marry speak a lot and LQY clearly show he have feeling for her and very deep too.

Still though, all of the women he love are all trying to find some of the weirdest reason to stay away from him for some reason which suck for him.
  • Why would a brother think of his brother in law as father lmao.
    If someone wants him to settle doesnt mean its lover, She merely wanted to li qi ye to escape from IG with true body and stop with their puppet suffering  and it could be also because she saw him as father figure. You cant assume this unless story says so, Qian was shown to be such with MC and iirc shi li too, Even Zhao isnt clarified as love 100%.

Many many women and past combat generals of MC never married or settled because for them their road is more important. And in Jian case she just didnt wanted to live because of deep ridge between their siblings heart due to their past.

We cant include in lover list when its not confirmed and Jian Wenxue far far leads to Fatherly Teacher figure just like Ma Gu sees MC as rather then lover type figure Bu Lang sees him as. You can see that from how it interacted, She understood MC the most because MC sheltered them for a long period of time and they grew up with him under his guidance.

The women and everyone have their own roads,Just like MC wont ever stop for anyone no matter who it is, They will not to simple as that. Bu Lang clearly stated only woman who can be in MC side is someone who could with him eternally and he could leaven his back to her. No one qualifies for that hence they don't stay.

• edited November 2016
    viole1369 said:
    Why would a brother think of his brother in law as father lmao.
    If someone wants him to settle doesnt mean its lover, She merely wanted to li qi ye to escape from IG with true body and stop with their puppet suffering  and it could be also because she saw him as father figure. You cant assume this unless story says so, Qian was shown to be such with MC and iirc shi li too, Even Zhao isnt clarified as love 100%.

Many many women and past combat generals of MC never married or settled because for them their road is more important. And in Jian case she just didnt wanted to live because of deep ridge between their siblings heart due to their past.

We cant include in lover list when its not confirmed and Jian Wenxue far far leads to Fatherly Teacher figure just like Ma Gu sees MC as rather then lover type figure Bu Lang sees him as. You can see that from how it interacted, She understood MC the most because MC sheltered them for a long period of time and they grew up with him under his guidance.

The women and everyone have their own roads,Just like MC wont ever stop for anyone no matter who it is, They will not to simple as that. Bu Lang clearly stated only woman who can be in MC side is someone who could with him eternally and he could leaven his back to her. No one qualifies for that hence they don't stay.

I don't see why the little brother can't see him as a father figure even if his sister love him, dude was young and lack a father, you need to remember he acted like a father to him probably but in wuxue case it was different, I remember him even kissing her grave, I don't think a father would do that, would they? Also I am pretty sure that Hong tian also love LQY which further show that all three girls in the same era have feeling for him and him to them. As for his maid not marrying that basically mean they were in love with him but since they can't be together(him being a crow and the coma thing), and cause of all the killing they did they decided to die single. There were some female general of his in the past that were mention to get marry and have descendent, and this does sort of indicate that the one who love him will end up single while the one that don't get marry. Also didn't LQY pretty much raise Hong tian up too and train her but he still refer to wuxue as the one who most understand him. Also  I am pretty dam sure that ma gu also love him too. I seriously doubt any of the girls think of him as a father figure, a teacher maybe but I doubt a father. As for the boy, that a whole different story as we saw how different he treat each gender. We saw he would tease the girls and if he pull that crap with wuxue, I seriouly doubt she view him as a father.

as for Bu Lang logic, it sort of make sense when it come to the position of main wife but how does this even stop her from being concubine? Her logic for being away from him was stupid and force in my opinion like serious she spend her whole life searching for him and her life pretty much center on him but when they finally are together, she give the excuse, oh I love this land, I don't want you to see me grow old to not go with him plus the fact that the current maid are still following him make her reasoning even weirder and to make it worst, this is probably his last era too where everything will be finish.

ps: I just remember, wuxue wanted to be ordinary like a mortal that why she wanted to pass away like a normal person and not live like her brother and other old cultivator and by living an ordinary life like mortal one would have gotten marry and stuff but it didn't happen, further explain she have feeling for him.
  • viole1369 said:

I don't see why the little brother can't see him as a father figure even if his sister love him, dude was young and lack a father, you need to remember he acted like a father to him probably but in wuxue case it was different, I remember him even kissing her grave, I don't think a father would do that, would they? Also I am pretty sure that Hong tian also love LQY which further show that all three girls in the same era have feeling for him and him to them. As for his maid not marrying that basically mean they were in love with him but since they can't be together(him being a crow and the coma thing), and cause of all the killing they did they decided to die single. There were some female general of his in the past that were mention to get marry and have descendent, and this does sort of indicate that the one who love him will end up single while the one that don't get marry. Also didn't LQY pretty much raise Hong tian up too and train her but he still refer to wuxue as the one who most understand him. Also  I am pretty dam sure that ma gu also love him too. I seriously doubt any of the girls think of him as a father figure, a teacher maybe but I doubt a father. As for the boy, that a whole different story as we saw how different he treat each gender. We saw he would tease the girls and if he pull that crap with wuxue, I seriouly doubt she view him as a father.

as for Bu Lang logic, it sort of make sense when it come to the position of main wife but how does this even stop her from being concubine? Her logic for being away from him was stupid and force in my opinion like serious she spend her whole life searching for him and her life pretty much center on him but when they finally are together, she give the excuse, oh I love this land, I don't want you to see me grow old to not go with him plus the fact that the current maid are still following him make her reasoning even weirder and to make it worst, this is probably his last era too where everything will be finish.
    I re read parts, It seems actually mc wanted to be together with her but she didn't. He wanted her to follow her but she only wished life of mortal due the deep scar in her heart which lead to never them being in relationship, Li Qi Ye could not force her to follow him and she wasn't willing to go together on that path with him.
    So it is rare case of MC pursuing and getting rekt xD

for Bu Lang, She is sacrificing herself for Li Qi ye basically
    Everyone who knows MC from past wishes he could leave his bloodline in 9 worlds and we already saw getting down from 10th to 9th world is near impossible matter, Bu Lang was only one in Nine worlds who could inherit his bloodline , She literally is staying behind to raise his descendant in 9 worlds since if she went to 10th world even if she could manage to come back - It would result her in death and the descendants wont be able to come down.
    It is due to no one knows if MC will survive in last war [ we know he will cuz MC ] but it is too uncertain and if Bu Lang left with him, There would be no descendant of his this world. Since it said you can be his lover, even concubine but only selected few can ever inherit his bloodline.

Hong tian while is a candidate she is already in 10th world.

And well if talk like that, Li Qi Ye is love of life in aprrox 100 girls now, but mutual love is hard xD
    We got basic gust of Hong tian issue, will be interesting to see how it turns if they ever meet in 10th world
  • viole1369 said:
    viole1369 said:

I re read parts, It seems actually mc wanted to be together with her but she didn't. He wanted her to follow her but she only wished life of mortal due the deep scar in her heart which lead to never them being in relationship, Li Qi Ye could not force her to follow him and she wasn't willing to go together on that path with him.

Everyone who knows MC from past wishes he could leave his bloodline in 9 worlds and we already saw getting down from 10th to 9th world is near impossible matter, Bu Lang was only one in Nine worlds who could inherit his bloodline , She literally is staying behind to raise his descendant in 9 worlds since if she went to 10th world even if she could manage to come back - It would result her in death and the descendants wont be able to come down.
    It is due to no one knows if MC will survive in last war [ we know he will cuz MC ] but it is too uncertain and if Bu Lang left with him, There would be no descendant of his this world. Since it said you can be his lover, even concubine but only selected few can ever inherit his bloodline.

And well if talk like that, Li Qi Ye is love of life in aprrox 100 girls now, but mutual love is hard xD
    We got basic gust of Hong tian issue, will be interesting to see how it turns if they ever meet in 10th world
    I also re read that part and from my understanding it was more of her wanting him to give up his path to stay with her but he didn't want to give it up and he wanted her to follow him, so it was actually mutual love but cause of "reason" being of their path and choice they didn't end up together since LQY didn't want to force her and she wasn't able to make him stop his path but still this did show that he did get rekt when it com rot romance. Girl that he love or love him become nun or decide to die alone, he is like a curse.

about Bu Lang I guess that make sense but when did it said only she can have his descendent, is his bloodline so special that unless someone is from the 10th world otherwise they won't be able to carry his offspring even if he have sex with them  or it's a case of being she is the only one qualify to bear his kids? I don't know I think he can have kid with all the girls but his demand for the qualify mother is too high which is a dumb reasoning in my opinion especially what he did to Ming ren, which make LQY a hypocrite.
  • viole1369 said:
    viole1369 said:

I also re read that part and from my understanding it was more of her wanting him to give up his path to stay with her but he didn't want to give it up and he wanted her to follow him, so it was actually mutual love but cause of "reason" being of their path and choice they didn't end up together since LQY didn't want to force her and she wasn't able to make him stop his path but still this did show that he did get rekt when it com rot romance. Girl that he love or love him become nun or decide to die alone, he is like a curse.

about Bu Lang I guess that make sense but when did it said only she can have his descendent, is his bloodline so special that unless someone is from the 10th world otherwise they won't be able to carry his offspring even if he have sex with them  or it's a case of being she is the only one qualify to bear his kids? I don't know I think he can have kid with all the girls but his demand for the qualify mother is too high which is a dumb reasoning in my opinion especially what he did to Ming ren, which make LQY a hypocrite.
    Well his bloodline is Ancient af , Since after he absorbed the blood sect blood pool. It is IE level bloodline at bare minimum and comes from 10th World too, Not to say the heaven and earth serum he absorbed along with all his special fuckery.
    Even then like he says, IDC if u fairy maiden or 1st beautiful woman. He is picky and he has capital to do it because he is peak existence, He wont just fuck and give babies to every girl he can find - Almost 70~80 girls are from present story , and who knows how many were in past. So is he supposed to make babies with all?
    He just pities them due to their talent or ancestors share and shows them world peak.

Oh Ming Ren? its all his fault
    Su Girl left her insane strong family to follow Ming ren when he was absolutely nothing, she destroyed her childhood/youth in hardships rather then cultivating in highest way and even her family was distanced because of this. She fought with him at same place no matter what they faced and saved his life.  She literally gave her whole life for him and what did she get?
    >Sorry not interested after Ming Ren became IE
    >give everything to the girl who was literally running dog of his enemy
    Im sure he even gave stuff su girl brought him to her without no questions.

Sure you can be in love with someone, But you do not destroy life of someone else in doing so.
    Granted even if li qi ye force sex was wrong, what happpened after it? She was literally broken abandoned by Ming Ren along with her son.

So dont even compare as everyone who follows li qi ye knows from start they wont be his lover, he makes it crystal clear.
  • @viole1369
    him making it crystal clear or not is debate able especially when he tease them to warm the bed for him plus him having steamy kisses with some of them. Remember is two maid? There were a chapter where the three of them were having steamy kiss and then we have a skip to the next day which heavily imply some shit happen too and at the start, he tell them that they are only maid and don't have to do those thing and how did it end up? 

on Ming ren, I do think that ming ren was a retard(one of the biggest retard in fact)no doubt there but what LQY did was hypocrite cause he wanted Ming ren to leave a heir but when it come to LQY turn he come up with excuse to not have any, luckily Bu Lang was able to convince him. But in any case he is just picky as hell, like if he did have a bunch of kid with women who love him, what would happen? (Is he afraid something like the geek myth happen to him where sons overthrow the father).They are devoting their life to him too like that su girl did to Ming ren so the least he can do it leave them with something. Before he couldn't to his past maid cause he was a crow but now he have a body, he could at least give them something to show he did care/love them especially if they ask for it. Well hopefully at the end he bang all the girl that love him.
  • He didnt bang Li shang or Chen bao jie
    It was just kissing and groping, He can give the girls a lil leeway but he clearly said many times to become his woman isnt easy and he wont leave his bloodline easily. Shang and Chen are talents but they are nowhere close to be at level of that{many way higher talents then them in story li qi ye doesnt even touch]

He has come to enjoy his life a bit but he still is rigid about leaving descendant
    and you know why it is? Because he doesnt want to be a shitty father making girls give birth and suffer alone without ever seeing who was their father because Li Qi Ye isnt himself guaranteed he will come out alive this time and more like he does not want to.

Bu Lang is being special case because MC her owes too much, way too much and she showed enough determination to be able to handle his bloodline even if she was alone in the world.

We might see end of series sex with multiple , But not now and it is for good.
    Imagine all girls bearing his children currently or in future and he dies ? How much of a hell will it be for all those. None of shang or present world girls are strong enough mentally to withstand it, They will be broken without li qi ye support.
  • viole1369 said:
    He didnt bang Li shang or Chen bao jie
    It was just kissing and groping, He can give the girls a lil leeway but he clearly said many times to become his woman isnt easy and he wont leave his bloodline easily. Shang and Chen are talents but they are nowhere close to be at level of that{many way higher talents then them in story li qi ye doesnt even touch]

He has come to enjoy his life a bit but he still is rigid about leaving descendant
    and you know why it is? Because he doesnt want to be a shitty father making girls give birth and suffer alone without ever seeing who was their father because Li Qi Ye isnt himself guaranteed he will come out alive this time and more like he does not want to.

Bu Lang is being special case because MC her owes too much, way too much and she showed enough determination to be able to handle his bloodline even if she was alone in the world.

We might see end of series sex with multiple , But not now and it is for good.
    Imagine all girls bearing his children currently or in future and he dies ? How much of a hell will it be for all those. None of shang or present world girls are strong enough mentally to withstand it, They will be broken without li qi ye support.
    Good argument, now imagine him dying and he left all the girl with nothing but only memories of him. They would be devastated and might even be sucidal and probably all going to die single and as a virgin too. By having kids, at least they will be like the su girl who even though got dump by Ming ren, she put her life toward raising their kid. Also I am not saying he should bang every girl but the one that love him and want his kid. 

Also, are you sure he didn't do the deed with Li Shang and Chen bao? The implication is there though, with the skip to the next day thing and even if they have sex doesn't mean they will have kids.
  • I read the spoilers by CE-NEX. Bu Lian may have spent her entire life looking for him, but by the time they met she didn't have much life left. Li Qi Ye was willing to drop everything to to be with her for what little time she had left, but she declined because the world's pretty much screwed without him and for him to give up the rest of his life would be too great a loss for the world. Bu Lian understands his loneliness considering she grew up alone herself. Li Qi Ye deserves someone who can die with him. Not before him.
    @viole1369

on Ming ren, I do think thn was a retard(one of the biggest retard in fact)no doubt there but what LQY did was hypocrite cause he wanted Ming ren to leave a heir but when it come to LQY turn he come up with excuse to not have any, luckily Bu Lang was able to convince him. But in any case he is just picky as hell, like if he did have a bunch of kid with women who love him, what would happen? (Is he afraid something like the geek myth happen to him where sons overthrow the father).They are devoting their life to him too like that su girl did to Ming ren so the least he can do it leave them with something. Before he couldn't to his past maid cause he was a crow but now he have a body, he could at least give them something to show he did care/love them especially if they ask for it. Well hopefully at the end he bang all the girl that love him.
    Their circumstances are completely different. In Min Ren's case, he was in love with someone who was neither worthy of his love nor reciprocated it. In Li Qi Ye's case, he simply hasn't found anyone yet that meets his standards.
  • Li Qi Ye deserves someone who can die with him. Not before him.

Ma Gu? :P
  • anhrefn said:
    Li Qi Ye deserves someone who can die with him. Not before him.

Ma Gu? :P
    Fits the bill.
  • edited December 2016
    bakato said:
    I read the spoilers by CE-NEX. Bu Lian may have spent her entire life looking for him, but by the time they met she didn't have much life left. Li Qi Ye was willing to drop everything to to be with her for what little time she had left, but she declined because the world's pretty much screwed without him and for him to give up the rest of his life would be too great a loss for the world. Bu Lian understands his loneliness considering she grew up alone herself. Li Qi Ye deserves someone who can die with him. Not before him.
    @viole1369

on Ming ren, I do think thn was a retard(one of the biggest retard in fact)no doubt there but what LQY did was hypocrite cause he wanted Ming ren to leave a heir but when it come to LQY turn he come up with excuse to not have any, luckily Bu Lang was able to convince him. But in any case he is just picky as hell, like if he did have a bunch of kid with women who love him, what would happen? (Is he afraid something like the geek myth happen to him where sons overthrow the father).They are devoting their life to him too like that su girl did to Ming ren so the least he can do it leave them with something. Before he couldn't to his past maid cause he was a crow but now he have a body, he could at least give them something to show he did care/love them especially if they ask for it. Well hopefully at the end he bang all the girl that love him.
    Their circumstances are completely different. In Min Ren's case, he was in love with someone who was neither worthy of his love nor reciprocated it. In Li Qi Ye's case, he simply hasn't found anyone yet that meets his standards.
    Bu Lang can actually live longer actually but due to "reason" that we don't know of she decide against it but luckily before LQY leave he left behind a tree that could help her live longer if she change her mind. The part about LQY telling her that he would drop everything to be with her is mostly his bs to sweet talk her like that fact that he pretend to be in danger for her to show up to "save" him. He makes it clear later to several other girl who he also dearly love that he would never settle down for them.

as for LQY's standard, he have a few women that can be consider lover already but sadly he is curse and he is pretty "touchy" with his maid too so his standard for women is not that high, only when it come to having his kid which really don't make much sense in my opinion, like for instant as long as he call the host of the grotto adoptive father and when he have a kid and make the kid inherit the host of heavenly grotto surname then he can get the longevity grass but he is like "hell no". I guess he have so weird standard when it come to family surname and blood line. Oh yeah you do realize LQY already have an official concubine right?
  • edited December 2016
    Bu Lang can actually live longer actually but due to "reason" that we don't know of she decide against it but luckily before LQY leave he left behind a tree that could help her live longer if she change her mind. The part about LQY telling her that he would drop everything to be with her is mostly his bs to sweet talk her like that fact that he pretend to be in danger for her to show up to "save" him. He makes it clear later to several other girl who he also dearly love that he would never settle down for them.

as for LQY's standard, he have a few women that can be consider lover already but sadly he is curse and he is pretty "touchy" with his maid too so his standard for women is not that high, only when it come to having his kid which really don't make much sense in my opinion, like for instant as long as he call the host of the grotto adoptive father and when he have a kid and make the kid inherit the host of heavenly grotto surname then he can get the longevity grass but he is like "hell no". I guess he have so weird standard when it come to family surname and blood line. Oh yeah you do realize LQY already have an official concubine right?
    Not long enough. Point is she'd most certainly kick the bucket before LQY, leaving him alone and heartbroken. No it wasn't. LQY planned to die to train the Death Scripture. He didn't know she was watching. I think she knew he couldn't die, but she couldn't stand to watch him get torn apart over and over.

That's what maids are for. They're called "bed-warming" for a reason. Having his kid is reserved for the main wife, who will have a physical and emotional relationship with him. Do you think he'd ever confide his deepest feelings and woes with a maid or concubine? That is solely for the main wife or wives.