AWE typos, continuity and other mistakes (no need for ISSTH reports, they will be caught in editing)

Comments

• http://m.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-book-7-chapter-1033/
    "she were she were"

http://m.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-book-7-chapter-1033/
    "If the thing were"
    I'm not sure if this is a valid "Subjunctive Mood" case (for using were instead of was).
  • http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-book-4-chapter-483/

"Nascent Soul stage, and they were incredibly poerful. "
  • Chapter 1037. Again, english is not my native language but I'll still add it cause I think it's wrong. Perhaps there's some weird grammatical way in which this is right but I've never heard of out.

"Furthermore, upon the surfaces of those golden gate stone steles were packed with names, each one of which glittered with golden light that was visible to all cultivators in the Nine Seas God World."

"Upon ... were packed with names" sounds very very wrong. Should be something like:
    - Furthermore, names were packed upon.... Or
    - Furthermore, upon the surface, names were packed

Hope this helps, if not, just ignore it.

• Our MC cultivates the Heaven and Earth energy of a composting toilet. XD
  • Chapter 145:

it was a hard to describe Qi that caught his attention. 

A “the" is missing before Qi.
  • Chapter 1038:

Killing me would would accomplish his mission!

One would needs to be removed.
  • I made all the fixes. Thanks to everyone for pointing these things out!
  • 1038: "If you’re not from the Ji Clan, then why would [you] attack me as soon as you saw me?!”

Missing "you." ... Heh! And thanks for the fix about the dragon's talons. 
  • edited October 2016
    I made all the fixes. Thanks to everyone for pointing these things out!

• 1038: If that tail strike landed on Meng Hao, it wouldn’t matter that he had a true Immortal fleshly body. 

Noun stacks, even with adjectives as in "true Immortal fleshly body," have been more and more accepted in style guides for quite some time, and ISSTH isn't formal writing. Plus, my skills are 16 years out-of-date, which was the last time I was healthy enough to work (as a tech writer and editor) or study with any reliability. Still, I'd like to give some suggestions that others could comment on: 
    • a True Immortal's fleshly body
    • a true Immortal's fleshly body
    • the fleshly body of a True Immortal
    • the fleshly body of a true Immortal
    Note my use of possessives to break up the stack and my preference for True being capitalized if Immortal is. (I almost posted, "...True being immortalized if Capitalized is." Yeesh!}

Thanks for your consideration, language buddies! 
  • 1038: If that tail strike landed on Meng Hao, it wouldn’t matter that he had a true Immortal fleshly body. 

Noun stacks, even with adjectives as in "true Immortal fleshly body," have been more and more accepted in style guides for quite some time, and ISSTH isn't formal writing. Plus, my skills are 16 years out-of-date, which was the last time I was healthy enough to work (as a tech writer and editor) or study with any reliability. Still, I'd like to give some suggestions that others could comment on: 
    • a True Immortal's fleshly body
    • a true Immortal's fleshly body
    • the fleshly body of a True Immortal
    • the fleshly body of a true Immortal
    Note my use of possessives to break up the stack and my preference for True being capitalized if Immortal is. (I almost posted, "...True being immortalized if Capitalized is." Yeesh!}

Thanks for your consideration, language buddies! 
    he had a "(true Immortal) fleshly body"

it's a giant noun phrase.
  • I made all the fixes. Thanks to everyone for pointing these things out!

Sorry, missed that she were she were. For the s thing, I still haven't confered with RWX about it
  • Chapter 1041:

In the end, it didn’t really matter if the Dao Realm experts fully believed him fully or not

One fully too many in there.
  • edited October 2016
    Chapter 1042:

“As for you personally, you will be able to directly form Dao Fruit, and use the Essence of that world to directly enter the Ancient Realm!”

From the context I guess it should be Dao Fruits, plural instead of singular. If it's indeed meant to be just one, then something like "a", "the" or "your" would be missing.
  • Rosmarin said:
    Chapter 1042:

“As for you personally, you will be able to directly form Dao Fruit, and use the Essence of that world to directly enter the Ancient Realm!”

From the context I guess it should be Dao Fruits, plural instead of singular. If it's indeed meant to be just one, then something like "a", "the" or "your" would be missing.
    Thanks. Fixed the other. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be plural, and unless I'm mistake "fruit" as a plural is the correct choice here, not "fruits." See this explanation I found from Collins English Dictionary:

Don't use a plural form of fruit to refer to several oranges, bananas, etc. Instead you use fruit as an uncountable noun. For example, you say 'I'm going to the market to buy some fruit'. Don't say 'I'm going to the market to buy some fruits'.

• edited October 2016
    Deathblade said:
    I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be plural, and unless I'm mistaken, "fruit" as a plural is the correct choice here, not "fruits." See this explanation I found from Collins English Dictionary:
    It should be uncountable only when you consider them as collective grocery or similar.
    I'm not sure how many Dao Fruits are required to breakthrough to Ancient Realm, or if they can be of different kinds.

Vast use of "fruits":
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit
    Collins reference: (from wr)
    http://www.wordreference.com/EnglishUsage/fruit#1

Now I'm hungry because I want some fruit. #UnleashTheFruit
  • My english is not well enough to properly explain it but I know the difference between the plural without s and with s and from my understanding in this case there should be an s. They are highly specific fruits and not just any fruit.

His very own Dao Fruits. Also, because of all the talk about fruit the word suddenly looks very weird :sweat_smile: 
  • When I was growing up, we had fruit trees in the back yard. Lemon, fig, and loquats to be specific. Therefore, I know what it's like to grow fruit. I also know what it's like to pick fruit. I would go out all the time to pick some loquats or figs, and the result was that we always had a bowl of fruit on the table. For some reason, the fruit from my own backyard always tasted a bit better than what you could buy at the store. I guess you could say that my own fruit was better than store bought fruit. My grandmother still grows fruit in her back yard. More accurately, she grows different types of fruits and vegetables, but honestly, they all taste good. What fruit exactly does she grow? Apples, persimmons, oranges, lemons, etc. I used to live with her for a while, so I would eat a lot of fruit for breakfast. As for which specific fruits, well that would depend on the season. When she had guests over, there would often be bowls or plates of freshly sliced fruit. All in all, growing fruit is a wonderful thing, but in my opinion, picking and eating the fruit is the best part. Ah, enjoying the fruits of one's labor in such a way truly leads to a fruitful feeling. By the way, were you aware that scientifically speaking, there is a difference between true fruits and false fruits? If not, you could go look that up for more information. I was also thinking that it would be really cool to be a sculptor. Then I could use clay, stone, or other mediums to sculpt, or form, all sorts of fruit.

Well in any case, I found out that in chapter 1042 it should be singular, so I've adjusted the chapter accordingly. In the meantime, I'm going to go downstairs to the guy who has a fruit cart across the street. I wonder what fruit he'll have for sale tonight?
  • http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-book-7-chapter-1043/

Everything… is done for the Echelon

Missing punctuation at the end.
  • http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-book-7-chapter-1043/

Everything… is done for the Echelon

Missing punctuation at the end.
    thanks, fixed!
  • edited October 2016
    Chapter 1046 

“Well, then… what exactly is it?!?! Perhaps ‘Mountain and Sea Mirror’ isn’t its real name!
  • edited October 2016
    kami5 said:
    Chapter 1046 

“Well, then… what exactly is it?!?! Perhaps ‘Mountain and Sea Mirror’ isn’t its real name!
    You're in the wrong thread, but I'll just put the answer here as if it was the spoiler thread:
    no explanation in the next few chapters

• kami5 said:
    Chapter 1046 

You're in the wrong thread, but I'll just put the answer here as if it was the spoiler thread:

This isn't the typo/grammar thread?
  • kami5 said:
    kami5 said:
    Chapter 1046 

ohhhh. you confused me with the spoiler quotes. i thought you were asking about a spoiler... fixing now
  • kami5 said:
    kami5 said:
    Chapter 1046 

ohhhh. you confused me with the spoiler quotes. i thought you were asking about a spoiler... fixing now
    I realized that I was confused with your signature about spoilers and thought one also had to spoil typos just in case. 
  • edited October 2016
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-book-7-chapter-1046/
    "to successfully absorb the that first Nirvana Fruit!"
    or "the" or "that"

"The path to the Ancient Realm lay before him, and the only way to be qualified to open the door to that path, was to absorb and fuse all four of the Nirvana Fruits he possessed."
    The comma before "was to absorb" kills the sentence.
  • http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-book-7-chapter-1046/
    "to successfully absorb the that first Nirvana Fruit!"
    or "the" or "that"

"The path to the Ancient Realm lay before him, and the only way to be qualified to open the door to that path, was to absorb and fuse all four of the Nirvana Fruits he possessed."
    The comma before "was to absorb" kills the sentence.
    thanks fixed, although that comma is necessary
  • Even more shocking was that the frost was green! "It's poisonous!"

Hello Deathblade, correct me if I'm wrong but I wanted some clarification on this bit in Chapter 1027, with the imagery.

With "poisonous", is it "venomous", "toxic" or "corrosive" you're looking for? Poison means consumed or absorbed, and I thought it was a little weird in context. That being said I'm a little ambiguous on the exact image being created here, so please do correct me!

• Phipz said:
    Even more shocking was that the frost was green! "It's poisonous!"

Hello Deathblade, correct me if I'm wrong but I wanted some clarification on this bit in Chapter 1027, with the imagery.

With "poisonous", is it "venomous", "toxic" or "corrosive" you're looking for? Poison means consumed or absorbed, and I thought it was a little weird in context. That being said I'm a little ambiguous on the exact image being created here, so please do correct me!

In Chinese, poisons, toxins, and venoms are all the same word, so there's really no way to know. I'm aware that scientifically there is a difference, but in every day speech most people use the words to mean the same thing. I highly doubt people would be confused if you saw a cobra and cried "oh my god a poisonous snake." Furthermore, the dictionary definition of poison is "a substance with an inherent property that tends to destroy life or impair health."