ISSTH and ATTE

Major spoilers ahead! Click on your own risk. This topic is for those who have finished ISSTH and also read ATTE.

So I've been reading ATTE lately after finishing ISSTH and it is really interesting, specially the MC, he is way more shameless than MH, in his own way. Now to get to the main topic, if you guys remember, Heaven's Crown or Lou Tian was initially a kind person, he gave the man wisdom and taught them the way to practice cultivation. But when his death was coming near, he sort of went insane doing all he could to stay alive while ruining geniuses' lives like MH to make them grow and then absorb them. And he didn't allow people to take Immortal path after Dao realm and made only Demon, God, Monster and Devil paths available from what I could understand from MTL. Because he was afraid of a terrifying Immortal in a far away universe which happened to be his true body while he was a clone. 

So what I'm trying to say is that Bai Xiaochun, the MC from ATTE is his true body. BX from the 1st chapter wants to be an "Immortal" and he is extremely afraid of death.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Azureus said:
    Major spoilers ahead! Click on your own risk. This topic is for those who have finished ISSTH and also read ATTE.

So I've been reading ATTE lately after finishing ISSTH and it is really interesting, specially the MC, he is way more shameless than MH, in his own way. Now to get to the main topic, if you guys remember, Heaven's Crown or Lou Tian was initially a kind person, he gave the man wisdom and taught them the way to practice cultivation. But when his death was coming near, he sort of went insane doing all he could to stay alive while ruining geniuses' lives like MH to make them grow and then absorb them. And he didn't allow people to take Immortal path after Dao realm and made only Demon, God, Monster and Devil paths available from what I could understand from MTL. Because he was afraid of a terrifying Immortal in a far away universe which happened to be his true body while he was a clone. 

So what I'm trying to say is that Bai Xiaochun, the MC from ATTE is his true body. BX from the 1st chapter wants to be an "Immortal" and he is extremely afraid of death.

What do you guys think?
    Well I don't know, it's still too early even to say that the two were connected but if the two are connected then
    I think ATTE tell the story of boundless ancestor (the one from ghost path) especially since BX get somekind of body technique called undead something and in recent chapters a beast came out called night (still a low level beast though but it could be an early form of night from ancient Demon Immortal Sect). However it could be that BX is the enemy of the real immortal (the one who created the bronze mirror) since in recent chapters he seal a soul inside the bronze mirror which could be the origin of the bronze mirror of issth
  • edited October 2016
    Azureus said:

What do you guys think?
    Well I don't know, it's still too early even to say that the two were connected but if the two are connected then
    I think ATTE tell the story of boundless ancestor (the one from ghost path) especially since BX get somekind of body technique called undead something and in recent chapters a beast came out called night (still a low level beast though but it could be an early form of night from ancient Demon Immortal Sect). However it could be that BX is the enemy of the real immortal (the one who created the bronze mirror) since in recent chapters he seal a soul inside the bronze mirror which could be the origin of the bronze mirror of issth
    Hmm I haven't found any connections between BX and boundless ancestor so far. That didn't even come to my mind to be honest lol. Doesn't boundless ancestor originate from heaven's crown starry sky/universe? Also in ancient times in heaven's crown starry sky, if there were not any restrictions like in 9th M&S, there were 13 levels for Qi Condensation realm. In BX's world there is only 10.
  • Azureus said:
    Azureus said:

What do you guys think?
    Hmm I haven't found any connections between BX and boundless ancestor so far. That didn't even come to my mind to be honest lol. Doesn't boundless ancestor originate from heaven's crown starry sky/universe? Also in ancient times in heaven's crown starry sky, if there were not any restrictions like in 9th M&S, there were 13 levels for Qi Condensation realm. In BX's world there is only 10.
    you forget that in xian ni there are 15 levels for qi condensation so if we go by the order of power decreasing (15->13->10) Wang Lin's times should be the oldest but for now the indication in issth didn't match it and boundless ancestor was the oldest. Yeah well for now we can only make speculation lol
  • edited October 2016
    Azureus said:
    Azureus said:

What do you guys think?
    you forget that in xian ni there are 15 levels for qi condensation so if we go by the order of power decreasing (15->13->10) Wang Lin's times should be the oldest but for now the indication in issth didn't match it and boundless ancestor was the oldest. Yeah well for now we can only make speculation lol
    Azureus said:
    Azureus said:

What do you guys think?
    about the qi levels
    xian ni like you said it was 15, beseech the devil it was 11 but people could break into the next realm at 9 than with issth technically it is 9 but with the old heaven it was 13 and now with atte it is 10 which represents that the numbers are probably just random. 15->11 or 9(minimum for a breakthrough to the next stage)-> 9 or 13(ancient times only MC can use it) ->10

• We just have to wait until someone in ATTE story breakthrough past 10 to found out.
  • about the qi levels
    xian ni like you said it was 15, beseech the devil it was 11 but people could break into the next realm at 9 than with issth technically it is 9 but with the old heaven it was 13 and now with atte it is 10 which represents that the numbers are probably just random. 15->11 or 9(minimum for a breakthrough to the next stage)-> 9 or 13(ancient times only MC can use it) ->10

Correction in beseech the devil there is no qi condensation though. Su Ming use somekind of blood vein technique as his starting level and it is not at 9 but at some specific number of blood veins amount you can breakthrough (although it's still divided into 1-11 levels, the amount of veins matter more) about 700 iirc but as usual of the mc he breakthrough at 999 or 1000 blood veins. I believe the changing to 9 and 10 because iirc in chinese culture 9 supposed to perfect

Lyel said:
    We just have to wait until someone in ATTE story breakthrough past 10 to found out.
    well I'm at chapters 367 now
    Bai Xiaochun already at core formation and nothing special about the amount of levels but he got somekind of heaven pulse/qi that make him stronger than the common one plus he got a body technique inheritance.
  • about the qi levels

Correction in beseech the devil there is no qi condensation though. Su Ming use somekind of blood vein technique as his starting level and it is not at 9 but at some specific number of blood veins amount you can breakthrough (although it's still divided into 1-11 levels, the amount of veins matter more) about 700 iirc but as usual of the mc he breakthrough at 999 or 1000 blood veins. I believe the changing to 9 and 10 because iirc in chinese culture 9 supposed to perfect

Lyel said:
    We just have to wait until someone in ATTE story breakthrough past 10 to found out.
    well I'm at chapters 367 now
    Bai Xiaochun already at core formation and nothing special about the amount of levels but he got somekind of heaven pulse/qi that make him stronger than the common one plus he got a body technique inheritance.
    Is his pet, Tie Dan still around? And his spirit of life, does it ever fully emerge out of the mist? If yes, what actually is it?
  • Azureus said:
    Azureus said:

What do you guys think?
    Well, I haven't read Xian Ni and BTD yet. 
  • edited October 2016
    about the qi levels

Yes it is not called Qi but Blood Condensation
    and also to be able to step into the first realm of blood condensation he needed blood veins which was also somewhat explained as 4 veins in the 1 realm and 8 in the 2nd and so on... and they could step into the next stage with a minimum of 700 but they would be the weakest existences and to be truly a power house they would need at least 900 but anymore was only stuff of legends
    but in all of Er Gen's novels the first foundation is somewhat similar with the difference of BtD
    where it was Blood instead of Qi and they need to gather blood of their bodies to create them but they still rely on Qi to produce that blood otherwise they would never be able to create such an astonishing amount of blood needed.
    at least thats my point of view from what i understood because if those numbers for qi or blood condensation really meant something other than the more of them the better or because heaven restricts cultivators preventing them being to strong then they are really random because Er Gen would have explained the meaning behind them.  ALSO The reason im putting a lot of it under spoiler tags because some people may view it as major spoilers although it is a spoiler thread but still better be safe than sorry...
  • about the qi levels

Yes it is not called Qi but Blood Condensation
    and also to be able to step into the first realm of blood condensation he needed blood veins which was also somewhat explained as 4 veins in the 1 realm and 8 in the 2nd and so on... and they could step into the next stage with a minimum of 700 but they would be the weakest existences and to be truly a power house they would need at least 900 but anymore was only stuff of legends
    but in all of Er Gen's novels the first foundation is somewhat similar with the difference of BtD
    where it was Blood instead of Qi and they need to gather blood of their bodies to create them but they still rely on Qi to produce that blood otherwise they would never be able to create such an astonishing amount of blood needed.
    at least thats my point of view from what i understood because if those numbers for qi or blood condensation really meant something other than the more of them the better or because heaven restricts cultivators preventing them being to strong then they are really random because Er Gen would have explained the meaning behind them.  ALSO The reason im putting a lot of it under spoiler tags because some people may view it as major spoilers although it is a spoiler thread but still better be safe than sorry...
    yeah for Beseech the devil
    The blood condensation is more of a tribe/species technique though as if you recalled at the beginning Su Ming can't practice it as he isn't really part of the tribe. The number of blood veins you can have are actually limited and when you reach certain number, somekind of divinity will descend from the sky and force you to breakthrough to next level (which Su Ming defy :) until he reach 1000 blood veins).
    The reason for this is Su Ming current world is a sealed world, the highest level you can have and play is only the peak of first step even for someone that came from outside of the world (ascendant level if you read xian ni).
    So yeah it could be as you said that the heaven put restriction on cultivator (but the heaven here isn't only "heaven" but some powerful guy that act as heaven).

Azureus said:
    Well, I haven't read Xian Ni and BTD yet. 
    You should read it :) It's pretty interesting although Beseech the Devil get more confusing near the end
  • You should read it :) It's pretty interesting although Beseech the Devil get more confusing near the end
    MTL's are confusing no matter what u read. Its just that some novels have "expected" endings that let u understand it better as compared to other novels which have "different" endings.

As for the topic, my guess is that
    Boundless Patriarch is the MC in ATTE with him having
    acquired parrot mirror thru some stroke of good luck. This is my gut feeling but even if BP is someone else the mirror was acquired by him and is an item from outside the universe

My another wild guess is that
    Current Ruler of Universe is also someone who became the ruler after Transcending as an Immortal - and later he unlocked something as a result of being Immortal, a secret which made him so fearful that he made a clone of himself to govern the world and preventing people from reaching Dao Source as Immortal.
    It is also possible that the initial plan was to let people Transcend through other path so as to complete a plan, but later HCrown changed his mind or something, or maybe till the end he was following the plan and died an unjust death(not that i mind another one dying)
    Maybe Immortal are the real rulers in outside world and HC wants to suppress them so as not to become a slave again

Too many theories in my mind, might post them later when i complete ISSTH ...
  • edited October 2016
    You should read it It's pretty interesting although Beseech the Devil get more confusing near the end
    As for the topic, my guess is that
    Boundless Patriarch is the MC in ATTE with him having
    acquired parrot mirror thru some stroke of good luck. This is my gut feeling but even if BP is someone else the mirror was acquired by him and is an item from outside the universe

Well, in Boundless Sect, after Parrot's revival, he didn't seem to care about boundless patriarch's clone tho and vise versa.
  • Azureus said:
    Well, in Boundless Sect, after Parrot's revival, he didn't seem to care about boundless patriarch's clone tho and vise versa.
    Spoiler:
    In the Deep Palace, we did see parrot being enraged and trying to save the city before it was destroyed by HC's finger(?) - It was then that it shattered into 10 parts (9 mirror fragments and its main copper mirror body) and spread over the universe. So atleast it did have some connection with the Sage City(which is now filled with ghosts) ..
  • Azureus said:
    Spoiler:
    In the Deep Palace, we did see parrot being enraged and trying to save the city before it was destroyed by HC's finger(?) - It was then that it shattered into 10 parts (9 mirror fragments and its main copper mirror body) and spread over the universe. So atleast it did have some connection with the Sage City(which is now filled with ghosts) ..
    Oh yea, forgot about that xD
  • Bai Xiaochun is the immortal because in the last 3 tales in the origination of the parrot and the meat jelly you see the clone of the immortal (allheaven) and an ancient immortal spirit (wife of thunder emperor (immortal paragon realm(the life meat jelly had before it met the parrot)being chased by the parrot and you can see characteristics of Bai Xiaochun in the clone and the parrot mentions

As the group closed in, the parrot’s voice rang out, cold and detached. “My master is definitely going to slaughter your true self! And I was given a mission by my lord to kill you, clone! You are your true self’s attempt to give himself a chance to rise again! And I am definitely going to succeed, just like my master! And then there’s you, Ancient-Immortal spirit! The two of you will never escape me!”

i believe that BX sent out that clone due to a disaster happening after he ascended and became the immortal of the universe and that the emperor (immortals nemesis) created the parrot

http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-other-tales-3/
  • Bai Xiaochun is the immortal because in the last 3 tales in the origination of the parrot and the meat jelly you see the clone of the immortal (allheaven) and an ancient immortal spirit (wife of thunder emperor (immortal paragon realm(the life meat jelly had before it met the parrot)being chased by the parrot and you can see characteristics of Bai Xiaochun in the clone and the parrot mentions

As the group closed in, the parrot’s voice rang out, cold and detached. “My master is definitely going to slaughter your true self! And I was given a mission by my lord to kill you, clone! You are your true self’s attempt to give himself a chance to rise again! And I am definitely going to succeed, just like my master! And then there’s you, Ancient-Immortal spirit! The two of you will never escape me!”

i believe that BX sent out that clone due to a disaster happening after he ascended and became the immortal of the universe and that the emperor (immortals nemesis) created the parrot

http://www.wuxiaworld.com/issth-index/issth-other-tales-3/