Level of alchemists in the Fang Clan

Is it me or the level of alchemy in East Victory is a lot higher than on South Haven:
To be tier 1 alchemist, MH made people study 1 000 000 plants. When MH made an alchemy battle In the Black Sieve Sect, 1 000 000 was considered as an exceptional Furnace Lord. (Chapter 252)

Comments

• You are assuming that the big 3 alchemists from South Haven (Pill Demon, Meng Hao, Mountain) represent the epitome of alchemy. They don't.

Also before alchemy was limited to a small part of a single planet which is the weakest planet of 4 planets in the 9th mountain which in turn is the weakest Mountain amongst the 9 Mountains.
    Now we upgraded to a Solar System level environment, you gotta expect them to take it up a notch.

Fang Clan alchemy is higher and I expect the Kunlun Society that Pill Demon joined to be higher still
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • Pill Demon became Legacy Heir of Kunlun Society -> high level of alchemy.
    The tier 8 from the Fang Clan could be considered as Grandmaster in alchemy-> tier 7 are below the level of Grandmaster.
    While the level in alchemy is higher (there is 19 Grandmaster only in the Fang Clan, and even 1 above >< 3 on South Haven), I think it's more of an exageration, like the Wild Giant, where Er Gen put high number without looking further.
  • edited September 2016
    Pretty sure in pill demon would barely make tier 5-6 if he tried.....he even admits that meng hao is superior than him when it comes to dao of alchemy. Planet south haven's dao of alchemy is shit.....but he will get wayyyy better now that he joined kunlun society, which happens to be the best in 9th mountain for dao of alchemy 
  • That's not really the point. I just pointed that the level difference is so huge that it becomes ridiculous.
  • edited September 2016
    Ovnidemon said:
    That's not really the point. I just pointed that the level difference is so huge that it becomes ridiculous.
    Uh, not really?

As the others said before, SH is a backwater place...

Do you honestly expect a sect like violet fate, which doesn't even have a single true immortal would be equal to the fang clan, where almost every single member who isnt a junior is immortal or higher? There're a lot of Ancients there, probably even a few Dao realms.

Its like comparing Qi Condensation to Immortals...if anything the difference is actually pitfully small, if even Pill Demon counts as Tier 6/7 and MH is at tier 8 should he try...
  • krolk88 said:
    Ovnidemon said:
    That's not really the point. I just pointed that the level difference is so huge that it becomes ridiculous.
    Uh, not really?

As the others said before, SH is a backwater place...

Do you honestly expect a sect like violet fate, which doesn't even have a single true immortal would be equal to the fang clan, where almost every single member who isnt a junior is immortal or higher? There're a lot of Ancients there, probably even a few Dao realms.

Its like comparing Qi Condensation to Immortals...if anything the difference is actually pitfully small, if even Pill Demon counts as Tier 6/7 and MH is at tier 8 should he try...
    no we're not expecting it but i think it is ridiculous too, pill demon wanting it or not is a pill, he should be strong as fuck but he is said to be weaker than MH etc this is why the people think about it being ridiculous.
  • In my opinion, Furnace Lord should be equivalent at least to tier 1, maybe a low level tier 2. But as I said, MH made the apprentices study more plants than a high level Furnace Lord. Plus, it was the cheating method, so the easiest method.
  • Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Pill Demon could equal tier 6 /7 consider he was a literal Pill and basically a chosen of the Kunlun Society. 
  • ^^ not just chosen, he's the legacy apprentice of patriach kunlun
  • Also they made a point to compare the tier 9 fang alchemist to pill demon
  • Also they made a point to compare the tier 9 fang alchemist to pill demon
    Where?
  • First of the memory level depends on cultivation too...all the alchemist in violet fate were core formation at max, while many of them are dao seeking in fang clan...so it shud be clear why fang clan can memorise so many plants..and abt pill demon...pill demon being part of south heaven (legit) still was far superior then many of fang clan chosen...moreover pill demon can make something out of nothing which even alchemist of fang clan deem impossible..
  • What is cultivation of patriach kunlun? Has to be dao realm 1 or perhaps even higher.
  • Ovnidemon said:
    Also they made a point to compare the tier 9 fang alchemist to pill demon
    Where?
    Chapter 926

"The feeling he got when he looked at this old man was very similar to the feeling he got from Pill Demon!

It was actually extremely similar. In fact, although their physical appearance was different, in terms of the energy within him, it seemed almost exactly the same.

As he stood there with the mists swirling around him, Meng Hao almost thought he was looking at his master."

Its right at the beginning of the chapter, like 2 or 3 paragraghs down

• They compared the personalities not their skills....
  • Ovnidemon said:
    Is it me or the level of alchemy in East Victory is a lot higher than on South Haven:
    To be tier 1 alchemist, MH made people study 1 000 000 plants. When MH made an alchemy battle In the Black Sieve Sect, 1 000 000 was considered as an exceptional Furnace Lord. (Chapter 252)
    Well it's never compared to be a lot higher, but yes they did mention about the ancestors having high level of alchemy. Fang clan can be considered the second most powerful clan in 9th mountain. It's not hard to imagine them being good in alchemy too. Easy victory gets phenomenon such as the sun coming close to them. This helps a lot in alchemy, plus the planet itself is bigger. Later we come to know more amazing things about this planet. In recent translations they mention about the book which has a record of every plants in the ninth mountain. This shows that they did have the resources. Just my deduction 
  • Ovnidemon said:
    Also they made a point to compare the tier 9 fang alchemist to pill demon
    Where?
    Chapter 926

"The feeling he got when he looked at this old man was very similar to the feeling he got from Pill Demon!

It was actually extremely similar. In fact, although their physical appearance was different, in terms of the energy within him, it seemed almost exactly the same.

As he stood there with the mists swirling around him, Meng Hao almost thought he was looking at his master."

Its right at the beginning of the chapter, like 2 or 3 paragraghs down

I think it's just the looks and feeling he got that were same. Here energy is not ment the same way as power( as in cultivation). 
  • i dont agree with them being similair in power/ability for obvious reasons, but when has energy been used as another word for personality in this novel?
  • I think pill demon is on a higher lvl than pill elder. i mean cmon man. pill demon is a pill FGS
  • edited September 2016
    He only felt a similar aura. Like he felt an aura similar to a father in Pill Demon. It only meant that they are trustworthy, calm, ... Like Sun Hai felt a similar aura between Fang Yu and Meng Hao, or Meng Hao felt similar to Fang Wei fleeing for his life. The only meaning are that they have similar character, same situation
    Nothing about level of alchemy or cultivation.
    akachunu said:
    Ovnidemon said:
    Well it's never compared to be a lot higher, but yes they did mention about the ancestors having high level of alchemy. Fang clan can be considered the second most powerful clan in 9th mountain. It's not hard to imagine them being good in alchemy too. Easy victory gets phenomenon such as the sun coming close to them. This helps a lot in alchemy, plus the planet itself is bigger. Later we come to know more amazing things about this planet. In recent translations they mention about the book which has a record of every plants in the ninth mountain. This shows that they did have the resources. Just my deduction 

. I know that the level is different, that the Fang Clan is more advanced than South Haven. But they have also more levels. If there was only 4 level like on SH, I would understand that the second level was higher than the 4th level of SH. But there is 9 tiers. Don't make me believe that a Furnace Lord isn't equivalent to a tier 1 alchemist.