Who read this because of the love story? Who is best girl?

Some spoilers.

I for one was instantly captivated when I saw his undying love for Ye Ziyun. 

At first, while reading the manhua, I was a little upset that there was foreshadowing of him loving Xiao Ning'er as well. I was once again slightly upset that only she visited MC in the Draconic Ruins Realm. After seeing her personality from beginning to end, I can't help but to admit that she is top contender for best girl, but I don't want to see her as best girl. I would feel betrayed for MC and Ziyun if that happened, after all, a bit of me wants to see MC fulfill his goals, and that is to be with Ziyun. 

My order of the women is in this order: Ziyun, Ning'er, Yuyin, Xiao Yu.

Ziyun herself is not bad, she is a tsundere/dandere, and does not hesitate to give up everything for Nie Li but will either be cutely mad with him or shy around him, whereas Ning'er is kuudere/dandere and doesn't really give a crap unless it's about MC or his and her friends.
Yuyin is more of an extreme version of Ning'er and is straight up obedient to MC and only MC.
Xiao Yu obviously respects him, but she is more of a friend at this point, and only a little jealous when other girls interact with MC. I don't really see her as a love interest for now, although we can tell that she is beautiful. I think it's because she's been dressing up as a guy, so we think of her as a guy, even though we know she isn't. 

Honestly, I hope he takes them all as wives after Ziyun. Ning'er definitely. Yuyin okay... and Xiao Yu, ehhh. 

How do you guys feel about the romance situation?

Comments

• well.. You might take offense but Ziyun is crap. 
    Ning'er all the way. 

What has Ziyun ever done to NL? (in this timeline that is) I mean besides go all "okay I will marry you if you get to gold rank.. oh you are already at that stage? Well clearly I meant BLACK  gol.. Really? Already? Come on.. Erm I meant.. LEGENDARY Ra.. oh for the love of god.. " She goes back on her word time and time again. 

I can understand that in the previous timeline NL and Ziyun went all lovey-dovey because of what they experienced together. None of that happened this timeline but Nie Li expects their love to be the same.  
    And yeah I know that the author tried to go all "oooh but Ziyun is slowly getting her memory of the previous timeline back" but all in all that shouldn't count for anything. She hasn't experienced it. If anything it will only be some weird memories/fantasies that she can't understand. 

Ning'er on the other hand.. Literally perfection. The girl is a genius cultivator, generous, a true QT3.14, friendly, faithful and the list goes on and on. 
    I will admit that she didn't have that warm feelings for NL in the beginning but that quickly changed. She started to respect him and then slowly fall for him.

And while the whole love-triangle aspect quickly came into play, what did Ziyun do? "Oh you can have him" aka quickly tossing Nie Li aside. Ning'er on the other hand went all "Oh but he loves you, I will just love him from the side. Never loving another man ever again etc etc etc". 

And as you said, who came to Nie Li during that show-off? Was it Ziyun? Or was it BEST GIRL? 

In my mind Ning'er is the best. 
    (which makes me sad since this story will probably never end and even if it does we will probably get a harem ending with Ziyun as the main wife and everyone else as wives or whatever it is called)
  • Yeah you definitely make some good points, I didn't take any offense since I knew that Ning'er was the candidate for the best girl for now. The main reason why I want to pair Nie Li and Ziyun is really due to the fact that Nie Li loves her so much and pairing him up with Ziyun would fulfill his wishes. But a non-significant reason is that Ziyun may truly not understand why she is gifted with Nie Li. 

The situation is completely different between Ning'er and Ziyun. MC helped Ning'er for no reason and had no interest in her. It's understandable that she falls for him, but for Ziyun it was a big WTF. 

I mean imagine some person from some struggling family who rose to the top ranks and came up to you and is like "I love you." Your reaction would be.... why....? or worse. Well, it was the same for Ziyun. She kept thinking that he was joking and bullying her, until she finally saw that he was really and truly in love with her. Then she started to fall for him too.

Even now, she still doesn't know why the hell he treats her so well so I understand why she isn't like Ning'er. She probably feels that she doesn't deserve him which is exactly why she hasn't been giving it 100%. For now, Ziyun is starting to get better in terms of showing her feelings for MC. She really is a Tsundere so it's understandable how it happened. 

But yes, Ning'er is awesome. 

TLDR: Both of them know that they don't deserve Nie Li, but for Ning'er she knows that she doesn't deserve him and can't have him, whereas Ziyun knows she doesn't deserve him, but does have him. The difference in situation could potentially dictate how they act, since Ning'er will do everything she can to try to be a match for him, but Ziyun already has him and their initial impression probably left with her thinking that she'll never be able to match up to him. 
  • What love story? Don't recall any...

• The situation is completely different between Ning'er and Ziyun. MC helped Ning'er for no reason and had no interest in her. It's understandable that she falls for him, but for Ziyun it was a big WTF. 

whatt???? he did the same thing the only thing that he did not do to ning'er was following her etc but even so he still care about her and even helped her revoke her marriage cultivation everything else, even he was unsure of himself when ning'er was so in love with him, the only thing ziyun has is a headstart.

• The situation is completely different between Ning'er and Ziyun. MC helped Ning'er for no reason and had no interest in her. It's understandable that she falls for him, but for Ziyun it was a big WTF. 

whatt???? he did the same thing the only thing that he did not do to ning'er was following her etc but even so he still care about her and even helped her revoke her marriage cultivation everything else, even he was unsure of himself when ning'er was so in love with him, the only thing ziyun has is a headstart.
    Yes. It's different for Ning'er because from the start, Ning'er knew that he didn't love her. What she's doing is striving to become someone worthy of Nie Li. Ziyun is stubborn, but she is caring and that's why she thinks differently from Ning'er who is straight up caring only to Nie Li. 

I'm saying that Ziyun was only hesitant because Nie Li came out of nowhere and proposed his love for absolutely no reason. At the beginning she thought he was teasing him, but she realized he was serious. She still has no idea why, and maybe that is making her hesitant about their relationship (at least during chapter 300s) And when Nie Li proved that he was the single most important thing to Glory City, she probably felt like she didn't deserve him, and even tried to give him her body so that he'd be satisfied and have her debt "repaid." But once again, Nie Li was serious about her. 

• xiao yu is the best girl
  • I felt like Ye Ziyun's personality wasn't always coming across in the story. So I went to Glory City and asked her to sit down for an interview with me. What follows is the transcript of our conversation:

Me: Thank you for joining me, Ye Ziyun. Why don't you tell us a little about yourself.

Ye Ziyun: Well I am the daughter of the City Lord, and sometimes I get lonely, but I know daddy is working really hard and I just want to make him proud.

Me: Being the daughter of the City Lord must be tough. What steps do you take to make him proud of you?

Ye Ziyun: Umm, I cultivate really hard so that I can be strong like him.

Me: Is that all? The City Lord has to encourage peaceful relations between families, manage a closed economy, ensure there are sufficient foodstuffs for the people, prevent demon spirit hoards from growing too large, ensure funding for public services, enforce a legal system, and much more. The strength of one person cannot accomplish all this. Is there anything else you do to learn about his role, or to alleviate some of his burdens?

Ye Ziyun: Uh, well sometimes I study magic drawings.

Me: ... I see. Do you want to be City Lord in the future?

Ye Ziyun: I guess so 'cause I want to make daddy proud of me. But my brother also wants to be City Lord and I don't want to cause trouble. But I wish daddy would pay attention to me like he does my brother. But I understand he can't spend time with me 'cause brother is stronger and therefore more suited.

Me: Do you have any plans for running the city if you become City Lord? Is there anything you'd do differently?

Ye Ziyun: ...

Me: Never mind. Let's talk about your friends. You used to be friends with Xiao Ning'er, how do you two get along now?

Ye Ziyun: I want to be friends with her but she doesn't want to. I went to fighter class so I could see her again but she ignores me. Even though other girls go shopping with me I don't have any other friends except ... Nie Li ... sorta ... I guess.

Me: Tell me about your relationship with Nie Li. Are you attracted to him?

Ye Ziyun: No way! I mean, he's ok I guess. But he's annoying. But I'm lonely when he's not here. And he's really amazing. I guess I could like him, but Xiao Ning'er likes him, and I don't want to compete, so I'll just let her have him.

Me: Thank you for taking time out of your <ahem> busy schedule to talk with me. 

Ye Ziyun: I would have said no, but I don't like confrontation.

I think we can safely deduce Ye Ziyun's personality from this interview. She has none.
    [ sorry, this has been building up in me for some time ]
  • I dont think ziyun is crap. Its just you people love ning er more. But people just remember ziyun tried to be friendly with ning er, instead ning er said she wont give up on nie li. I dont think thats sweet. I still prefer ziyun with nie li. If this is some sort of classical drama, ziyun would be the empress and ning er would be noble consort.