Anti-hero Novels / more evil novels

Hi i wonder if anyone of you guys here on the forum has read any good Anti-hero or any evil main character novel? in dire need of some :D i just ahte the goodie two shoes..... my sword heart is to defend the ones i love... yea... no. i want some slaughter kill everyone who is in his way.

Comments

• Chu Feng of MGA kind of fits under the "i'll kill whoever comes in my way" category.
    And I've heard WMW has an evil MC.
  • intelands said:
    Chu Feng of MGA kind of fits under the "i'll kill whoever comes in my way" category.
    And I've heard WMW has an evil MC.
    yea reading both o.o still i need alot more XD the waiting is death o.o
  • edited August 2016
    Great Demon King http://volaretranslations.com/novels/great-demon-king/
    Practices evil arts that turn him a bit wicked

God of Slaughter http://www.xianxiaworld.net/God-of-Slaughter/
    Kills and rapes without hesitation

Chaotic Sword God - Gravity
    Usually slaughters whole Clan/Group/Sect when dealing with enemies. Not evil but ruthless

Dragon-Marked War god http://www.xianxiaworld.net/Dragon-Marked-War-God/
    Pretty ruthless MC
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • Great Demon King http://volaretranslations.com/novels/great-demon-king/
    Practices evil arts that turn him a bit wicked

God of Slaughter http://www.xianxiaworld.net/God-of-Slaughter/
    Kills and rapes without hesitation

Chaotic Sword God - Gravity
    Usually slaughters whole Clan/Group/Sect when dealing with enemies. Not evil but ruthless

Dragon-Marked War god http://www.xianxiaworld.net/Dragon-Marked-War-God/
    Pretty ruthless MC
    DAAAAMN God of Slaughter is right up my alley! some times he is abit too nice for my liking but otherwise this is amazing!
  • edited August 2016
    WMW's MC is kind of evil, do check it out.
  • Regarding God of Slaughter, I'm currently on 500 chapter and I can tell that lovestory sucks, it's comparable to the one from Stellar Transformations

Mc agreed with girl that they'll marry when he'll reach her realm.
    Everything goes smoothly etc, however thanks to the girl's skill she constantly gets fucking power boosts, and currently its known that thanks to her previous 'reincarnation', she'll have no trouble entering the highest known realm so far [no one introduced so far is alive and have this realm], what is worse, Mc painstakingly is training etc to get stronger, and hers power is excused by some reincarnation, I don't know what u think but I call it bs.

• mee13 said:
    Regarding God of Slaughter, I'm currently on 500 chapter and I can tell that lovestory sucks, it's comparable to the one from Stellar Transformations

Mc agreed with girl that they'll marry when he'll reach her realm.
    Everything goes smoothly etc, however thanks to the girl's skill she constantly gets fucking power boosts, and currently its known that thanks to her previous 'reincarnation', she'll have no trouble entering the highest known realm so far [no one introduced so far is alive and have this realm], what is worse, Mc painstakingly is training etc to get stronger, and hers power is excused by some reincarnation, I don't know what u think but I call it bs.

so you are reading the raw version?
  • @gilgameshorigin ;
    I'm reading raw on lnmtl.com, it's machine translation, however after reading about 1000+ chapters like that you can understand almost everything :wink: 
  • Looking for that too. WMW is a must, though not really evil, just egoistic.
  • Ovnidemon said:
    Looking for that too. WMW is a must, though not really evil, just egoistic.
    i RLY recommend Tower of Karma that Hexwolfx linked!  God it is good
  • WMW is good antihero, quite satisfying :p. Thanks I'll try Karma Tower
  • ARGH ive been reading like crazy! i need more! XD i want long ones! o.o it takes to little time to read through those with just 100 and below! life is to cruel!
  • I see nobody named it, The Magus Era makes it all look fine and dandy but they all slaughter, enslave and offer souls like it's just another day at the office.
  • Pettyx said:
    I see nobody named it, The Magus Era makes it all look fine and dandy but they all slaughter, enslave and offer souls like it's just another day at the office.
    Yea but he wanted novels with anti-hero/evil MC's.

There is slaughter in Magus Era but MC isnt evil. He only kills those who wanna kill him
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • can someone pls recommend novels which have similar concept of magic like WMW and of course an anti-hero MC....
  • edited December 2016
    Others have already mentioned those that I have read or know of.

However, it really bugs me when people mistake anti-hero and villain. Most "heroes" in these light novels are generally anti-heroes.

The MC in WMW and ATG and others like them, are neither heroes nor anti-heroes. They are VILLAINS, regardless of whatever kind of stupid and illogical explanation the author wants to try and make to excuse their behaviors such as rape, murder, torture, and sexual assault. It's not ruthlessness or cold pragmatism, but acts committed by those that hold personal interests and gains as their primary motivation. Sure, there are instances in which they do have some cases of selflessness but they are much more rare and again, the underlying drive is almost always personal gain. Hot girl, increase in power, revenge, so on and so forth.

WMW is perhaps the least apologetic I have seen so far, but the author does try to make excuses whenever the MC does something particularly horrific which detracts from the story, but it's not too often so it's not as bad as others. The problem is that because of how the MC acts and thinks, he can be incredibly unlikable and completely unsympathetic most of the story for some people.

I've tried reading others, but some are just awful. The characters aren't simply villains, but generally stupid and distasteful. They go around punching bee hives and then complain or make excuses when they do. It's pretty god awful writing really and gets old pretty quick in my opinion.
  • Tbaism said:
    Others have already mentioned those that I have read or know of.

However, it really bugs me when people mistake anti-hero and villain. Most "heroes" in these light novels are generally anti-heroes.

The MC in WMW and ATG and others like them, are neither heroes nor anti-heroes. They are VILLAINS, regardless of whatever kind of stupid and illogical explanation the author wants to try and make to excuse their behaviors such as rape, murder, torture, and sexual assault. It's not ruthlessness or cold pragmatism, but acts committed by those that hold personal interests and gains as their primary motivation. Sure, there are instances in which they do have some cases of selflessness but they are much more rare and again, the underlying drive is almost always personal gain. Hot girl, increase in power, revenge, so on and so forth.

WMW is perhaps the least apologetic I have seen so far, but the author does try to make excuses whenever the MC does something particularly horrific which detracts from the story, but it's not too often so it's not as bad as others. The problem is that because of how the MC acts and thinks, he can be incredibly unlikable and completely unsympathetic most of the story for some people.

I've tried reading others, but some are just awful. The characters aren't simply villains, but generally stupid and distasteful. They go around punching bee hives and then complain or make excuses when they do. It's pretty god awful writing really and gets old pretty quick in my opinion.
    You are totally right man, That's why I don't read those so call anti-hero novels, because midway you notice that the author replace the MC and you are just reading his mad fantasies, and whatever the MC does is correct and karma is always in his favor and so on at the end the story makes no sense at all, that's why I prefer an hero novel or just one that´s neutral because those people knows what they are writing and the author don't take over the MC. 
  • @Tbaism you are mostly right there and I won't defend most novels / writers but there are still decent ones with anti-hero, villain MC. But from what I see most readers forget / don't won't to remember that characters in this novels don't live in modern world but in one where slavery, killing and even rape is totally acceptable. Thing is that we can just watch our own history and we don't really need to go that much back in time where everything what happening in novels was totally normal. Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Tamerlane and there is many others that aren't that much different than people in novels. There is novels which are written poorly and even I can't stand reading them but I can't agree with you that all of MC are villains in this novels as you can't think of them as modern day civilians.
  • I have a question regarding God of Slaughter.

The female characters, do they get touched by anyone else other then the male lead?
    You are either on my side,
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • edited December 2016
    Latyska said:
    @Tbaism you are mostly right there and I won't defend most novels / writers but there are still decent ones with anti-hero, villain MC. But from what I see most readers forget / don't won't to remember that characters in this novels don't live in modern world but in one where slavery, killing and even rape is totally acceptable. Thing is that we can just watch our own history and we don't really need to go that much back in time where everything what happening in novels was totally normal. Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Tamerlane and there is many others that aren't that much different than people in novels. There is novels which are written poorly and even I can't stand reading them but I can't agree with you that all of MC are villains in this novels as you can't think of them as modern day civilians.

It was not "totally acceptable" or "totally normal" for countless millions across the globe (commonly referred to as victims, bystanders, and even by some of the perpetrators themselves) back then. It's not now and won't be in the future either. Not sure who told you that one, but I'm guessing it wasn't your history professor lol.

A character archetype is a character archetype. The correct way to use that argument would be to justify continuously bringing these characters into writing because these types of people did exist, they still do, and it's very likely they would in X story based on Y circumstances. It's also an argument to justify having characters in the story believing and acting on such motivation.

It however would not for real life people such as the audience like you and I. You are trying to redefine a character's archetype by justifying his or her actions based on some ridiculous and false mind you, ideology. There's a reason why those explanations are contrived, inconsistent, contradictory, and hypocritical. That's simply because ...they are.

Critical and constructive thinking. Don't buy into the BS, the excuses, and what I'm fairly certain is the occasional propaganda tossed in there. Rape is rape, murder is murder, and torture is torture. Just because they are "common" acts committed for whatever reason during whatever time, doesn't mean they were right or just by any means, nor should they be construed as such at any time. It was pretty "common" for the invading armies to rape and murder, but I doubt you would find any Chinese author stupid enough publicly suggest that the atrocities committed during the Nanking Massacre by the Japanese were somehow, in any regards, "acceptable." And yet for some reason they seem to try and justify, albeit on a much smaller scale, the same actions in their stories. They need to man up and just call a spade a spade. It'd make their stories much more entertaining if they did in my opinion.
  • I think its more like the characters will just do anything for their own personal benefit but it was also mentioned that Leylin (WMW) is willing to help others out if he has 1. something to gain or 2. he isnt in danger if he helps which yes i know is gonna be pretty rare but its because he lives in a world where all that is commonplace and its kill or be killed especially since everyone else does it although dark magi do it more ruthlessly and light magi will only do it if they think the gain is worth it. either way i dont really agree that leylin is EVIL just that he wants to survive and get stronger as quickly and efficiently as possible which makes him look totally 100% evil but come on he's only about 50-75% :^) (i cant say anything else for the other shit cuz i havent read em XD)
  • Hi i wonder if anyone of you guys here on the forum has read any good Anti-hero or any evil main character novel? in dire need of some :D i just ahte the goodie two shoes..... my sword heart is to defend the ones i love... yea... no. i want some slaughter kill everyone who is in his way.
    你踏马要是能看得懂中文的话,《坏蛋是怎样炼成的》《少妇白洁》之类估计适合你啊!不过如果太反动的东西,在中国也是被禁的啊!包括我说的这两部书。。。。。