Long Live Summons

Comments

• Ophis said:
    @Universe Creator

I'm not really sure about them being siblings. It was not clear on the LNMTL, and it's been a while since I last read it. 

But I think you shoud definitely not drop this novel. IMHO, this novel is bar far one of the most entertaining chinese novel out there. There are some messed up things, but no tragedy.

@youtookallnames

Yes, that's exactly it. Mysterious Mother is in fact a virgin, and Yue Yang is dragon race. That's why his blood is so special.

Yue Yang just speculated. Yue Yang can smell when someone is a virgin, and sometimes he felt it from Fourth Mother, although extremely faint and brief. 

He always dismissed that as his imagination until one time when he was investigating one of the entrances to God's Ruin. To open it, you need to be a pure maiden and receive the approval of the Deity guarding it. The mysterious mother was said to have entered the depths of God's Ruins after Yue Yang was already born.

Thus, Yue Yang came to such a conclusion. 
    they are tow baby for one body ?
  • Well, Ophis this thread has been dead for quite a lot of time, you've done a great job resurrecting it. :D xD
  • Ophis said:
    @Universe Creator

I'm not really sure about them being siblings. It was not clear on the LNMTL, and it's been a while since I last read it. 

But I think you shoud definitely not drop this novel. IMHO, this novel is bar far one of the most entertaining chinese novel out there. There are some messed up things, but no tragedy.
    If Red's mother is the real Yue Yang's(in my mind the fake is the protagonist Yue Yang) mother than how are they not siblings? I get that you are using lnmtl but this is way too confusing even by those standards. I know it is interesting but this is way too messed up for me. A father willingly sacrificed his own son to suffer a curse just so his master's "son" won't, when it is her own fault her "son" got the curse. (That is a huge throw off for me when I heard that this guy became one of those fictional characters I wish I could just hold down and torture for the rest of his life.) And than he uses his son as a decoy for his master's son and his son dies because of that and then his master's son comes in when he dies and starts living the guy's life. And then there is the whole fiance fiasco which I can't look at the same way as before. 
  • edited August 2016
    stop using the name to identify people ur gonna give urself a stroke at this point lol. just refer to them as "pitiful guy" and "MC" the knot in ur brain will feel better. basically Red's mother is the pitiful guy's mother
  • wait the real yy has a mother? (protagonist)
  • @Universe Creator 

What I meant by I wasn't sure is that I was not sure that the pitiful guy was really Red's mother's son. Just re-checked it and they are indeed siblings.

It was not the mysterious mother's fault that Yue Yang would get cursed. You have to understand that was their only option of creating a male to carry on their race; there wouldn't be a second chance. It's a wish their clan is trying to accomplish for countless of thousands of years already.

Besides, although unfair, the curse just stopped the pitiful guy from contracting Grimoires. A lot of characters throughout the series don't have Grimoires, but they're still there pretty healthy and happy.

Yes, it was a selfish and dick move by the guy's father. But, when you put on the scale the fates and burdens each of the babies would carry, you can see that his choice was not that bad. Besides, the guy was still raised with love and care, and it's not like that curse was something absolutely impossible to lift.

The pitiful guy dying has absolutely nothing to do with Yue Qiu and the mysterious mother. The pitiful guy was still Yue Qiu's son so, being raised as his son, like he indeed was, was completely normal. The fault lies entirely on the Ancient Demon King for plotting all those shit. Even the engagement bullshit was done by him.

As for the other questions:

- Yue Yang was a baby from Eastern True Dragon clan, that is part of the Eastern Fairy Tribe. Their race have the innate ability to take human form.

- When Yue Yang inherited the hundred flowers bloodline, he basically changed from an Eastern True Dragon to a human with True Dragon blood. That's why he got cursed.

- No, Yue Yang can't take dragon form. He unlocks the True Dragon heart later on though. It's an undestructible heart that lets Yue Yang never get tired, and it augment his regenerative abilities too.

- Yue Yang's real parents from the Eastern True Dragon tribe never showed up. They didn't need to to be honest.

- The closest thing we know of about Yue Yang's closest relative is that he, Yue Yang, is probably the little brother of the Dragon God.

@faitchier

My God, dude. Are you serious? 

For the last time, the two of them are completely different people, with different bodies of their own. They were born from different parents and races, and have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH  THE OTHER. The pitiful guy just received the cursed and Yue Yang was sent to another World to grow up in there. Got it now?
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • If the curse "wasn't that bad" then Yue Qiu should have just let the MC keep his own curse. And when I said I also looked at the fiance fiasco in a different light I meant that at the beginning it disturbed me a lot that Xue Wuxia was willing to lie to one of her best friends for many years about the Mc's true identity because for some reason or another she fell in love for him. But, I was willing to look the other way because of some inaccurate spoilers I thought that our MC was actually the real one but now that I know he is not I feel nothing but disgust. The pitiful guy had to suffer the curse for him, died because someone thought he was the MC, then gets his identity stolen by the MC, then his sister gets banged by the MC, his fiance who knows the whole damn truth gets engaged to him and is his biggest mother effing accomplice. This completely innocent dude got so royally screwed because of the MC (even though I know it is not the MC's fault) that I do not want to read anymore (I only read novels where I can enjoy imagining myself as the MC that might sound weird but it's true and I just can't enjoy imagining myself as the MC anymore). And so my curiosity can be sated without spending months reading something I won't enjoy can you at least answer just a couple of questions for me? Why is the MC also named Yue Yang? Was it simply a lame and unnecessary coincidence? Why did Fourth Mother go along with the MC's scheme instead of just informing him of the truth? Does any of the members of Yue Clan get informed of the truth? Does anyone other than Xue Wuxia know the truth?
  • edited August 2016
    What Yue Yang power level at the end?
    Does he become immortal?

(Edit)
    What power does he get from his hundred flowers bloodline?
  • Yue Yang couldn't receive the curse because the Grimoire is needed to achieve True God realm. You can still push through God Realm without a Grimoire, but that's still almost impossible and you would be weak as fuck among Gods.

Xue Wu Xia didn't know jack shit. Where did you get that nonsense? 

First off, Wu Xia never so much had even met the pitiful guy before. She only always suspected that Yue Yang was probably not the pitiful guy, but it was only that. In the end, she chose to support the person she loves over trying to screw his life by going around claiming things she's not even sure of.

Second, Yue Yang never had any sexual relations with either of the sisters.

Fourth Mother couldn't tell Yue Yang the truth. The very Eastern Fairy Tribe prohibited them from telling Yue Yang the truth until he reached the Sacred Supreme realm. It's not only that, the mysterious mother was also forbidden from raising and instructing him too.

The majority of the decisions regarding Yue Yang were actually dictated by the Eastern Fairy Tribe. Even if Yue Qiu were not to offer his son, they would have to find another. Willing people to take the curse is something they definitely didn't lack.

Sigh~, you don't get it. Do you?

The pitiful guy didn't die because someone thought he was the MC. The pitiful guy was really Yue Yang and son of Yue Qiu. The MC here was the extra one, someone with the same name who didn't exist. Nobody aside from very few about his existence and the fact he was from the Eastern True Dragon Tribe.

Yue Qiu sacrificed his soul in order to become a guardian to the entrance of the real Heaven's Stairway. Only those recognized by his soul could pass through it. The Ancient Demon King stole the pitiful guy's body to try to cheat the guardian.

Regardless of the pitiful guy being cursed or MC existing, he would still die. Why? Because, again, his death had absolutely nothing to do with the actions of mysterious mother and his father. The target was really the pitiful guy himself, not the MC. 

Yue Qiu sacrificing himself had nothing to do with Yue Yang either. It was to impede invaders from Heaven Realm from entering.

Yes, there are some messed up things here and there, but it's nowhere as dramatic as you claiming it to be. Seriously, you have to read the story to understand the feelings and motivations behind the characters' actions.

The pitiful guy was never meant to be a sacrifice, substitute or someone dispensable. Unfortunately, there was someone plotting against them for reasons they were not aware of.

Well, that's all I have to say about this. I'm not here to convince you to read this novel, just clarifying things. I'll not continue this discussion. 
  • What Yue Yang power level at the end?
    Does he become immortal?

(Edit)
    Sacred Supreme. It's the perfect being realm. There has nos records of someone achieving this realm in more than million years.

Sacred Supreme is the truly pinnacle known to us readers. You become truly immortal and eternal in this level.

He gains potential. If I'm not mistaken, his ability to use star power comes from his bloodline too.
  • Ophis said:
    Yue Yang couldn't receive the curse because the Grimoire is needed to achieve True God realm. You can still push through God Realm without a Grimoire, but that's still almost impossible and you would be weak as fuck among Gods.

Xue Wu Xia didn't know jack shit. Where did you get that nonsense? 

First off, Wu Xia never so much had even met the pitiful guy before. She only always suspected that Yue Yang was probably not the pitiful guy, but it was only that. In the end, she chose to support the person she loves over trying to screw his life by going around claiming things she's not even sure of.

Second, Yue Yang never had any sexual relations with either of the sisters.

Fourth Mother couldn't tell Yue Yang the truth. The very Eastern Fairy Tribe prohibited them from telling Yue Yang the truth until he reached the Sacred Supreme realm. It's not only that, the mysterious mother was also forbidden from raising and instructing him too.

The majority of the decisions regarding Yue Yang were actually dictated by the Eastern Fairy Tribe. Even if Yue Qiu were not to offer his son, they would have to find another. Willing people to take the curse is something they definitely didn't lack.

Sigh~, you don't get it. Do you?

The pitiful guy didn't die because someone thought he was the MC. The pitiful guy was really Yue Yang and son of Yue Qiu. The MC here was the extra one, someone with the same name who didn't exist. Nobody aside from very few about his existence and the fact he was from the Eastern True Dragon Tribe.

Yue Qiu sacrificed his soul in order to become a guardian to the entrance of the real Heaven's Stairway. Only those recognized by his soul could pass through it. The Ancient Demon King stole the pitiful guy's body to try to cheat the guardian.

Regardless of the pitiful guy being cursed or MC existing, he would still die. Why? Because, again, his death had absolutely nothing to do with the actions of mysterious mother and his father. The target was really the pitiful guy himself, not the MC. 

Yue Qiu sacrificing himself had nothing to do with Yue Yang either. It was to impede invaders from Heaven Realm from entering.

Yes, there are some messed up things here and there, but it's nowhere as dramatic as you claiming it to be. Seriously, you have to read the story to understand the feelings and motivations behind the characters' actions.

The pitiful guy was never meant to be a sacrifice, substitute or someone dispensable. Unfortunately, there was someone plotting against them for reasons they were not aware of.

Well, that's all I have to say about this. I'm not here to convince you to read this novel, just clarifying things. I'll not continue this discussion. 
    You've explained the same things so many times already. They obviously don't get it or refuse to get it.
  • If the curse "wasn't that bad" then Yue Qiu should have just let the MC keep his own curse. And when I said I also looked at the fiance fiasco in a different light I meant that at the beginning it disturbed me a lot that Xue Wuxia was willing to lie to one of her best friends for many years about the Mc's true identity because for some reason or another she fell in love for him. But, I was willing to look the other way because of some inaccurate spoilers I thought that our MC was actually the real one but now that I know he is not I feel nothing but disgust. The pitiful guy had to suffer the curse for him, died because someone thought he was the MC, then gets his identity stolen by the MC, then his sister gets banged by the MC, his fiance who knows the whole damn truth gets engaged to him and is his biggest mother effing accomplice. This completely innocent dude got so royally screwed because of the MC (even though I know it is not the MC's fault) that I do not want to read anymore (I only read novels where I can enjoy imagining myself as the MC that might sound weird but it's true and I just can't enjoy imagining myself as the MC anymore). And so my curiosity can be sated without spending months reading something I won't enjoy can you at least answer just a couple of questions for me? Why is the MC also named Yue Yang? Was it simply a lame and unnecessary coincidence? Why did Fourth Mother go along with the MC's scheme instead of just informing him of the truth? Does any of the members of Yue Clan get informed of the truth? Does anyone other than Xue Wuxia know the truth?
    holy shittttttt
    havent even read the story but already bitching about it dont even know whats going on but you fken talk like you know the story inside and out
  • Ophis said:
    What Yue Yang power level at the end?
    Does he become immortal?

(Edit)
    Sacred Supreme. It's the perfect being realm. There has nos records of someone achieving this realm in more than million years.

Sacred Supreme is the truly pinnacle known to us readers. You become truly immortal and eternal in this level.

He gains potential. If I'm not mistaken, his ability to use star power comes from his bloodline too.
    Thanks 
    Why Mc look so much like the pitiful guy?
    and the guy at the being that sent MC to soaring dragon continent did he do that on purpose? why? 
  • So in other words what I said is true and the pitiful guy potential was screwed because of his father, right? Right.

Spoilers told me that Xue Wuxia did know and considering the fact that up to where I read Xue Wuxia did seem pretty much convinced that this Yue Yang was a fake that seems to be truth.

The pitiful guy's sister is Red and according to spoilers he as a matter of fact did bang her (in other words I wasn't talking about of the pitiful guy's cousins but his actual sister).

Why were all those decisions made by the Eastern Fairy Tribe? Those were some stupid decisions. Why the hell can't you tell a kid who he truly is or have someone who is supposed someone's mother raise him? What's the point in even calling her his mother?

If they had actual willing people to take the curse than I would have been okay with it but the pitiful guy wasn't willing he was an ignorant baby who had that decision made for him.

He did die indirectly because of the MC. They thought he was the son of the MC's mother and that was one of the reasons as to why he was targeted (they might have gotten his father right but if the main reason was his mother than all that is irrelevant).

I never said shit about Yue Qiu sacrificing himself I don't even know why you brought that up.

You clarified nothing as I pretty much understood all you said from the very beginning to the end. As you will not continue this conversation than I will not either.
  • attacking the qillin only to run into 2 phoenix 
  • My God, dude. It seems you didn't understand jackshit of what I've been saying right from the beginning.

What potential? The pitiful guy's potential was as great as Fatty Hai's. Seriously, the cursed was possible to remove later on, but they needed for Yue Yang to reach Sacred Supreme first. The pitiful guy never as much actually appeared in the story. Why are you bitching about something that irrelevant as if it were some unforgivable sin? Yun  Che from ATG did things a lot worse and you're still there, reading the story.

As for Wu Xia, no, she didn't know. She had no way of completely knowing either. She just suspected Yue Yang not to be the pitiful guy.

Again, you're either not reading my posts properly, is just in denial or seems to have some really serious comprehension issues. So let me tell for the last time:

THE PITIFUL GUY DIDN'T DIE BECAUSE OF MYSTERIOUS MOTHER. SHE WAS INSIDE GOD'S RUINS, YUE QIU WAS GUARDING THE FUCKING HEAVEN'S STAIRWAY. THE DEMON KING TOOK THE PITIFUL GUY'S BODY TO PASS YUE QIU'S PROTECTION. 

Do you understand now why I mentioned Yue Qiu's sacrifice? It's because I had to freaking thoroughly explain to you why the pitiful guy died. Because it seems you're adamant on blaming it on the mysterious mother no matter what.

Why would the Eastern Fairy Tribe dictate how would Yue Yang grow up? Because he was the freaking baby THEY gave to them to inherit the hundred flowers bloodline. The Eastern Fairy Tribe never bother to involve themselves with the matters of the lower realms, what to say of giving one of their offsprings to carry on a human bloodline. What makes it worse is that only Yue Yang would do. It was do that or let their clan perish after countless millennia of suffering and being annihilated by greedy people.

Why would Yue Yang banging Red matter anyway? They(the siblings) never even knew of each other's existence to begin with. Yue Yang not only saved Red, but gave her love and helped her evolve into a 'human'. I really don't see what's so bad about it...
  • Does MC ever meet with mysterious mother? how their interaction? Also can you explain about the locket that has Empress Fei Wen Li sealed inside and the book that all kind of knowledge left by the Mysterious mother, was really left pitfull guy or MC?
  • They meet in the last arc. The mysterious mother is simply hilarious, and so are their interactions. 

That pendant is a sealing device used to seal Gods. It's the strongest possible type of seal. Yep, Fei Wen Li is a God level character, and a pretty badass one at that. How it came in possession of mysterious mother is never explained, if I'm not mistaken. 

Yes, the book was obviously left to Yue Yang. 
  • The only thing I dislike about this novel is near the end, it was rush as hell. It was also mess up, mc reach the highest realm yet still get his ass kick then his mom have to save him and somehow they just let the biggest bad guy live and then go to another realm. I have no idea what the author is thinking, like the bad guy could just get back to the tower and kill everyone  since mc is not there so I don't see why they would spare him.
  • Is there a sequel? I thought the last note in last chapter for author is a sequel or something
  • edited August 2016
    @Ophis ;

Originally, were the mysterious mother and Eastern fairy tribe planning on swapping the MC and the pitiful guy after the former grew up properly in earth?
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • People really care about the pitiful guy. I haven't thought about him since he was mentioned in the first few chapters.
  • @Akashura ;

I honestly don`t know. They never mentioned what they would be doing with the pitiful guy after bringing Yue Yang back to their World.

The author probably forgot since the dude was already dead eons ago in the story.
  • Ophis said:
    @Akashura ;

I honestly don`t know. They never mentioned what they would be doing with the pitiful guy after bringing Yue Yang back to their World.

The author probably forgot since the dude was already dead eons ago in the story.
    It must be that otherwise there is no reason for both of them to have the same face and name
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • can someone tell me when yue yang participate in hundred school tournament?
  • can someone tell me who's that girl yue yang keep seeing in his dream, the one she called sword goddess 
  • Taryn said:
    People really care about the pitiful guy. I haven't thought about him since he was mentioned in the first few chapters.
    Its simple, the pitiful guy died because of what they did they does not care about the curse, they care because he was a target and everyone know and yet they sent he there to die he did not know it he for all we know maybe wanted to live a quiet life, this is why everyone is angry he was cursed agaisnt his will and he was sent to die and everyone know, ofc there is probably other people who would do it but this would just change the name of pitiful guy A to pitiful guy B so does not matter.

i think they're merciless but i agree with then if it was my son on the line i probably would have done the same.

what i'm trying to say is stop saying that they do not have fault they have otherwise why would they send YY to another plane? ofc they know about what is coming and he come back a little after pitiful guy was killed they know about it and just waited the murder and steal of the body so they could send the real yy back.

the pitiful guy is really a pitiful guy and everyone else is a bunch of bastards in our eyes this isn't going to change, who said that maybe the pitiful guy if given chance couldn't make something that would change the world? 
  • One comment on this and then I won't engage in any other debates:

1. We are reading a fiction (no one was hurt in real life)
    2. The author wanted to do a crossing over story so had to create a reason (wanting to be different than the he gets hit by a bus, asteroid, stabbed, the usual trope) so he creates a curse
    3. The "pitiful guy" is simply a place holder to allow the author to create his version
    4. There have been endless situations where the original owner of the body dies and gets inhabited by someone else (see True Martial World, The Nine Cauldrons, Sovereign of the Three Realms, and more) and I do not see anyone bashing the MC or situation

Why does anyone care about the Pitiful Guy? 
  • edited August 2016
    One comment on this and then I won't engage in any other debates:

1. We are reading a fiction (no one was hurt in real life)
    2. The author wanted to do a crossing over story so had to create a reason (wanting to be different than the he gets hit by a bus, asteroid, stabbed, the usual trope) so he creates a curse
    3. The "pitiful guy" is simply a place holder to allow the author to create his version
    4. There have been endless situations where the original owner of the body dies and gets inhabited by someone else (see True Martial World, The Nine Cauldrons, Sovereign of the Three Realms, and more) and I do not see anyone bashing the MC or situation

Why does anyone care about the Pitiful Guy? 
    Exactly.
    Not that I don't care about the pitiful guy, but we're meant not to care. Have you seen how often he's written about later? Not that much, if at all.
    He's literally used as fodder to get the novel going.
    --
    About the last part you said Burningham, that's like saying, "What if YY didn't kill the fiance of Qian Qian?" Maybe that guy would have changed his character and made the world a better place.
    There are literally infinite "what ifs". Not to sound harsh, but what you posted simply isn't a reality or the possibility is so small it's essentially zero.
    As I and some others said before, the pitiful guy wasn't meant to be or mean anything.
    People are looking into this far more than it needs/should be. No need to micro analyse non important events.
  • edited August 2016
    seriously... the engagement between Wu Xia and the pitiful guy is only due to their family arranging it... Wu Xia never met pitiful guy and she obviously doesnt love him both of them just got engage due to their family. while Wu Xia didnt love the pitiful guy but she throughout the story fell in love to the MC and not the pitiful guy.

why does it bother you that Red and MC bang each other?  in the first place Red and pitiful guy never met or even knew each other or their connection secondly MC fuckingly save Red, treat her well, help her, love her so because she is the pitiful guy sister doesnt make her not able to love mc?

You cant blame the death of pitiful guy to mc or the mysterious mother or the curse... The curse only makes him unable to contract a grimoire and even if he did his potential is same as the fake Yue Yang that showed up. and the reason for his death is because the Ancient Demon King wanted to get pass the gate that Yue Qiu is guarding without the body of the pitiful guy he wouldnt be able to pass through it.

seriously most of the unluckiness of the pitiful guy is due to the Ancient Demon King wanting to get pass the gate that Yue Qiu is guarding and the gate that Yue Qiu is guarding is the gate that connects heaven realm to their continent and he wasnt force by the mysterious mother or any other shit to guard it..

TL;DR: Pitiful guy's unlucky fate isnt due to MC or Mysterious Mother or any other shit but due to the Ancient Demon King's plan.. (get over it. pitiful guy didnt even show up besides getting mention in passing)

Edit: you even said that you put yourself on MC's place but you are bitching about the pitiful guy instead even though the pitiful guy doesnt even matter in the story >>