Ze Tian Ji (Way of Choices)

Comments

• I told you. He deserves someone much much more better than her. She was just a random girl who happened to be Nan Xi Institute disciple who has no special talent whatsoever. Cute interaction wasn't a good point to start a relationship, like in CCS an Luoluo's case.

Like who? XYR? 
  • Ill be honest, the last chapter was practically a big fuck you to the readers. His interview also made no sense.
    I would legitimately ignore the interview for how stupid the answers are.
  • Ill be honest, the last chapter was practically a big fuck you to the readers. His interview also made no sense.
    I would legitimately ignore the interview for how stupid the answers are.
    Who care enough to buy the novel after that tragic ending? I don't know how his mind work. 

• I told you. He deserves someone much much more better than her. She was just a random girl who happened to be Nan Xi Institute disciple who has no special talent whatsoever. Cute interaction wasn't a good point to start a relationship, like in CCS an Luoluo's case.

Like who? XYR? 
    Now, let's remember, only her among the main and lead characters that didn't have a special background or talent. Now how can she suddenly appear as Tang Tang's love interest?
  • Sigh... After that epic ending, reading the human translation made me sad and angry. After of that jazz, Mao Ni said that they are both monk, so they won't marry. Why he haven't said that earlier? Why hyped them so much if he can't give a proper ending for them? 
  • Sigh... After that epic ending, reading the human translation made me sad and angry. After of that jazz, Mao Ni said that they are both monk, so they won't marry. Why he haven't said that earlier? Why hyped them so much if he can't give a proper ending for them? 
    The lamest ending of the century.
  • I feel that this is author best-seller-wannabe-syndrome. Author basically goes:

Oh, all good literature in the world have tragic ending. They also have open ending. There's also star-crossed lover. There's bittersweet for every couples. Also it's all political and have symbolism, metaphor and stuff.

(Me: so Romeo Juliet)

That's when author finally destroy the novel without even knowing. His answer to interview shows that he doesn't even recognize it and he was in his own disillusion that he's a transcended writer when compared to other wuxia writer. Just full of himself basically.
  • The interview is bullshit. If they werent going to marry, why did they decide to be in an engagement after the timeskip?
  • I talked a lot with other readers who read Mao Ni's other works. They said almost an identical sentence, "Compared to his previous works, ZTJ ending was trully lame".
    Although it was clear that this is not a romance genre, but the way he used 1200+ chapters to build their trust, it was trully a big waste if he chose to outright "broke" their relationship and made them focused on their cultivation near the end of the novel. Like their more than 10 years of relationship means nothing to them.
  • TBH, after his other works that I've read so far, that trully tragic and so wasting time ending was really out of my expectation. He implied that of course they love each other, no doubt about that, but sadly, they chose to silently support each other without a marriage and together pursue the way of cultivation separately and they'll met when both of them became a highest level cultivator. But that implications just told in less than 5 chapters after 3 years, and he's beyond insane if he didn't have an idea that what the readers kept waiting patienly because they want a happy ending for the main characters.

• The ending ruined everything good about the novel. And the QA was worse. Now if someone asks me whether this is worth to read or not, I don't know how to answer their question. 
  • The interview is bullshit. If they werent going to marry, why did they decide to be in an engagement after the timeskip?
    Because CCS didn't want to drink. What can we do about that?  :|
    Because CCS didn't want to drink. What can we do about that?  :|
    That's, my friend, the best answer in the world indeed.
  • The ending ruined everything good about the novel. And the QA was worse. Now if someone asks me whether this is worth to read or not, I don't know how to answer their question. 
    Today, you've just ate the best chicken you've ever had at a restaurant you've never been before. It was so good that you've even sucked the bones and licked the dishes afterwards. Everything else on the menu, while memorable, isn't all that special, nothing that you couldn't get elsewhere. Imagine that after you've paid the bill and was about to walk out the door, you find out that the chicken you've just ate had been fermenting in a small mountain of human shit for hours before it was cooked and served right on your plate.

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't recommend shitty chicken to my friends.
    Actually, I think this is mead.
  • I want to be really honest. I have this thought for a long time.
    I read some reviews several times that the drama ruined a "great novel". Which great novel they were talking about? The author himself who buried this novel into a deepest hole. Reading the comments on gravity about how excited they were about the story progress made me sigh with regret. Man, you don't know what you've put yourself into.
    The ending ruined everything good about the novel. And the QA was worse. Now if someone asks me whether this is worth to read or not, I don't know how to answer their question. 
    Today, you've just ate the best chicken you've ever had at a restaurant you've never been before. It was so good that you've even sucked the bones and licked the dishes afterwards. Everything else on the menu, while memorable, isn't all that special, nothing that you couldn't get elsewhere. Imagine that after you've paid the bill and was about to walk out the door, you find out that the chicken you've just ate had been fermenting in a small mountain of human shit for hours before it was cooked and served right on your plate.

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't recommend shitty chicken to my friends.
    For me it's like having a meal in a best restaurant with high quality ingredients and cooked by a decent chef that has a hot but delicious taste. I have a great meal but before I can't finish I found out that the dish was too hot for me but I forced myself to finish it. Now I need to deal with a serious diarrhea and didn't dare to eat anything else for a while.
    If my friends want to eat there, I need to seriously warn them about that side effect.
  • I talked a lot with other readers who read Mao Ni's other works. They said almost an identical sentence, "Compared to his previous works, ZTJ ending was trully lame".
    Although it was clear that this is not a romance genre, but the way he used 1200+ chapters to build their trust, it was trully a big waste if he chose to outright "broke" their relationship and made them focused on their cultivation near the end of the novel. Like their more than 10 years of relationship means nothing to them.
    I just read ZTJ a couple of months a go and I felt this heavy disappoinment and you followed the novel start from the beginning. I can't imagine how angry you are.
    I just read ZTJ a couple of months a go and I felt this heavy disappoinment and you followed the novel start from the beginning. I can't imagine how angry you are.
    Really. She has the right to curse at the author. lol. After three years he gave that crap ending. 
    Usually I'm not going to any site to read  the reviews. I watch what I want to watch. I read what I want to read. It's not like the world would torn apart if I enjoy the one who had a bad review and dislike the one with a good review would turn me into a clown. 

Really. She has the right to curse at the author. lol. After three years he gave that crap ending. 
    Usually I'm not going to any site to read  the reviews. I watch what I want to watch. I read what I want to read. It's not like the world would torn apart if I enjoy the one who had a bad review and dislike the one with a good review would turn me into a clown. 

+1 for everything you've said.
  • edited June 2017
    Why MTL didn't translate the previous interviews and the QA? I.think we are just a few of unlucky readers who read those disasters and knew that those disasters exist. lol.
    LOL. I came back just to see how good the ending was going to be, and I get this. Oh gosh, I'm done with this novel/series/author.
  • Why MTL didn't translate the previous interviews and the QA? I.think we are just a few of unlucky readers who read those disasters and knew that those disasters exist. lol.
    MTL just translates the chapters automatically. I want another people to feel my pain after reading those QA, but on another hand, I don't want them to feel another heartbreak after those beyond tragic ending.
    Seriously, I'm glad the drama didn't follow the novel at all. I began to accept, Gosh, Luoluo's awful characterization (not her fault anyway, the actress just couldn't deliver her character's beauty to the max). Since the author did her dirtier, what they did in the drama was acceptable.
  • Why MTL didn't translate the previous interviews and the QA? I.think we are just a few of unlucky readers who read those disasters and knew that those disasters exist. lol.
    MTL just translates the chapters automatically. I want another people to feel my pain after reading those QA, but on another hand, I don't want them to feel another heartbreak after those beyond tragic ending.
    Seriously, I'm glad the drama didn't follow the novel at all. I began to accept, Gosh, Luoluo's awful characterization (not her fault anyway, the actress just couldn't deliver her character's beauty to the max). Since the author did her dirtier, what they did in the drama was acceptable.
    Oh, you started to call her by her proper name now? I need to bookmark this.
  • Could anyone summarize ZTJ's ending, why it was trash and Mao Ni's reasons for rushing it for Reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltranslations/comments/6jxdz9/spoilerze_tian_ji_ending/

ZTJ has the highest comment count during the daily update threads, so ppl won't like it if the story turns trash l*r.
  • Could anyone summarize ZTJ's ending, why it was trash and Mao Ni's reasons for rushing it for Reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltranslations/comments/6jxdz9/spoilerze_tian_ji_ending/

ZTJ has the highest comment count during the daily update threads, so ppl won't like it if the story turns trash l*r.
    Um, I'm not the best source for this, but Mal Ni had family problems basically and had to end the series early. Very little actually got resolved in the novel, and the romance was tragically ended with an "open ending." Everything else was also basically open ended and the readers are supposed to presume any unresolved avenues of the novel.
  • All I remember from this author was that there was some sort of controversy a couple months back regarding him being unpatriotic or something. Didn't hear nothing about family problems.
    Actually, I think this is mead.
  • All I remember from this author was that there was some sort of controversy a couple months back regarding him being unpatriotic or something. Didn't hear nothing about family problems.
    It was either family problems or a health issue. I don't particularly remember and frankly didn't/don't care once I heard he ruined the ending of ZTJ.

• It could be an excuse for delay but it shouldn't be excuse for crappy ending. He shouldn't whine about it much, because he's making a lot of money on the book... it's not like it's free anyway.
  • There was a delay on the novel updates back then regarding his mother's health issue. But from his previous interviews and QA so far, it didn't make sense if that reason caused him to abruply ended ZTJ. It was like, "OK, my previous works mostly have a good ending. I need to make a different type for ZTJ". 
    CCS and XYR relationship implied as an open ending in the novel. But man, he practically closed whatever ending you may have in his last QA. He told us that they won't marry because CCS doesn't want to drink and they won't have any children because XYR didn't want to. CCS needs to work harder to bribe her to have a child. Ha....
  • So, basically he goes with this ending because "already have a lot of novel with good ending"? This is ridiculous. Why should his past novels has a saying with this novel? This is basically author having extremely high ego. He basically saying "I won't end this way because it's cliche, and my novel should be different" so he scrapped the whole relationship thing that last for past 1000+ chap and just turn it into open ending. Then, he somehow expect it to be good?

You know, when you overthink too much, many times you turns into stupid person. It's like those fashion designers who don't have any more ideas (because it's all repetition) that they start inventing weird, spooky stuffs that nobody would wear. That's basically what's Mao Ni has become.
  • That's what my biggest concern. I KNEW that this is about CCS's journey to change his destiny and his way of cultivation, and the romance deparment was just a dressing to give more taste. But he used more than 1k chapters to build CCS and XYR's solid relationship so it was not the readers fault if we want a proper ending for them, at least to wrap up their confusing status, right?
    If we track back those 1k chapters, based on their tacit understanding and how they fit perfectly for each other, it would be impossible for XYR to reject CCS invitation to go to Holy Light Continent together because basically, even near the end XYR showed an unbeatable love for CCS. But what did we get? 
    This is just a complete failure.