Ze Tian Ji (Way of Choices)

Comments

• My dear Pope. What did they've done to you?  :'( :'(
    It's OK, Bianca. At least we don't have to see the evil Taoist Ji.
    @amelie1112 Open the previous ep first. 
    Thanks.
    Lol I don't think I ever saw Eric Tsang play a villain?
  • Happy ending for CCS-XYR (although I hope at least they'll marry or something), sad ending for QSJ and Tang Tang-Mo Yu (especially Nan Ke), absurd ending for Luoluo (I'm tired of her plot), and sudden disappearance of Gou Hanshi and Qi Jian.
    This is have a potential for a sequel. But considering how the writer have a rapid love for Luoluo and unnecessary storyline, better not test my luck. I can imagine they'll turn Luoluo into a kind of Cupid or something.
  • I notice many footages that have been cut. Like XYR stands behind the busy CCS outside the window.
  • Taoist Ji is the royal jerk in the novel. And the Pope is like the snow on the Sahara. It's funny how they reversed their role. Welp.
  • Usually before decided to watch a drama, I'll directly go to the last episode and checked how the ending was. If it has a happy ending, I'll watch it. If it isn't, no thanks. Like the drama with Zhao Liying in it. lol.
  • Happy ending for CCS-XYR (although I hope at least they'll marry or something), sad ending for QSJ and Tang Tang-Mo Yu (especially Nan Ke), absurd ending for Luoluo (I'm tired of her plot), and sudden disappearance of Gou Hanshi and Qi Jian.
    This is have a potential for a sequel. But considering how the writer have a rapid love for Luoluo and unnecessary storyline, better not test my luck. I can imagine they'll turn Luoluo into a kind of Cupid or something.
    Taoist Ji is the royal jerk in the novel. And the Pope is like the snow on the Sahara. It's funny how they reversed their role. Welp.
    TangTang and Mo Yu has a better future you know. Compared to that hopeless couple line "From now on, we'll be separate", they are better.
    If they delete Luoluo, I'l watch it. She's no longer important after they made her into a goddess.
    The writer catched some part right (like Yu Ren and Black Robe) and messed up the rest.

• Usually before decided to watch a drama, I'll directly go to the last episode and checked how the ending was. If it has a happy ending, I'll watch it. If it isn't, no thanks. Like the drama with Zhao Liying in it. lol.
    That was one of the dramas that made me regret watching it. 
  • Usually wuxia xuanhuan adaptation of a novel will be pretty bad. The only best one i see so far is Nirvana in Fire, but that novel is purely historical and real, no fantasy settings. Only martial arts though.
  • Did Mao Ni think that the readers will be happy if he gave that absurd ending? OK, I get the point that ZTJ is about CCS so the story will be focus 80% from his surrounding. But XYR is a part if his life yes? What about that good pair and compatible companion that he hyped up so much? It becomes meaningless. Rather than gave a solid ending for CCS and XYR, he gave another character at a same level as Luoluo and An Hua instead. 
  • Taoist Ji is the royal jerk in the novel. And the Pope is like the snow on the Sahara. It's funny how they reversed their role. Welp.
    Why are you keep bringing this up?
  • lorwa said:
    Usually wuxia xuanhuan adaptation of a novel will be pretty bad. The only best one i see so far is Nirvana in Fire, but that novel is purely historical and real, no fantasy settings. Only martial arts though.
    I watched the first five episodes. There were many loopholes in the story, maybe it'll solve later but I can't bring myself to watch the rest. 
  • Did Mao Ni think that the readers will be happy if he gave that absurd ending? OK, I get the point that ZTJ is about CCS so the story will be focus 80% from his surrounding. But XYR is a part if his life yes? What about that good pair and compatible companion that he hyped up so much? It becomes meaningless. Rather than gave a solid ending for CCS and XYR, he gave another character at a same level as Luoluo and An Hua instead. 
    I think he wanted to focus on CCS's way of cultivation rather than his love life. But honestly, the only reason I followed the novel until the end is CCS and XYR unbelievable trust for each other. Yet he chose to give that crap ending. Damn.
    For the two closest person of CCS, both XYR and Tang Tang just separated further from him. 
    I'm not that surprise if he decided to make a sequel. That line the new disciple said hinted another story. 
  • I don't think it's possible for a sequel. Mao Ni pretty much answered the readers curiousity in his QA. Although the QA didn't make sense at some point (I love that one question that pointed out XYR cold demeanour toward CCS and Mao Ni totally ignored that question, lol), at least it somehow closed ZTJ.
    I love the way the drama turned XYR character upside down and made her affection for CCS as clear as water. We won't see a desperate XYR if they followed the original character. And sometimes overly sweet CCS.
    (My fav ep from the drama so far is ep 29, :p )
    Why are you keep bringing this up?
    Forgive me, Your Highness. I forgot that you love that old man.  :p
  • I don't think it's possible for a sequel. Mao Ni pretty much answered the readers curiousity in his QA. Although the QA didn't make sense at some point (I love that one question that pointed out XYR cold demeanour toward CCS and Mao Ni totally ignored that question, lol), at least it somehow closed ZTJ.
    I love the way the drama turned XYR character upside down and made her affection for CCS as clear as water. We won't see a desperate XYR if they followed the original character. And sometimes overly sweet CCS.
    (My fav ep from the drama so far is ep 29, :p )
    That QA was a total disappoinment tbh. Needed to brace myself to read through that. I can't believe after gave uncertain future for CCS and XYR, he needed to make it worse by his QA. What's with will not marry and will not have a child? That's not what I wanted to read. 
    The drama needs to attract viewers, so that changes is for entertainment purpose. We can't have an overly dull couple as a lead character if we want to make the viewers stay. Although that sweet talker CCS sometimes scared me, I'm glad they totally ignored the original characters and made them acted like a normal couple did. 
    Ep 29 YT version? I prefer an episode full of lovey dovey-cheesy storyline than 25 minutes full of waste. 
  • @theredberry I kinda regret read that QA. I just wish I can hold my curiousity and accept that tragic ending. 
    The thing that surprised me the most was Tang Tang. So he actually didn't have a feeling toward Ye Xiaolan? Will he become a monk like that hopeless couple do? I think the one who will love this is J. lol.
    What scary by that sweet talks? He just had a year, man. He needs to pour his love. He's not the same idiotic CCS novel version anymore. Well, at least he didn't do anything to deserve that idiot title from you  :p
    Yep. Somehow in that ep they got everything right. They got the chemistry, perfect storyline (although they just casually walking to nowhere, lol), they can drew CCS and XYR relationship openly and made QSJ inner battle as a base of their future encounter.
    I know what you mean. I totally skip their scenes when I rewatch the drama. No important events anyway. Just nonsense here and there.
  • edited June 2017
    I wonder if he answered that to amuse us or it was his original thought about his storyline. His answers for the marriage thing and the children contradicting himself.
    I don't think he'll become a monk. A monk is a foreign concept for a free spirited person like him. lol.
    IF it was CCS novel version, those cheesy lines like as sweet as dew, or you're cute when you sleep, or everything you gave me taste delicious, or finally I can see you again won't left his mouth properly. I was like, "God, who is this guy? He's so cheesy."
    They filmed that part later, near the end of the filming so it was reasonable if they have better chemistry and understanding to deliver their relationship. Actually that ep left a deep impression for me. Watching CCS slowly got weaker day by day remind me of my late grandmother. His pale face and dim eyes remind me of her.
  • I think he just tried to amuse us. After he said that XYR didn't want to have a child and it needed CCS effort to persuade her, he blatlantly said that they won't marry because CCS didn't drink. Like, WHAT THE???
    Which is why I appreciate their effort to improve their relationship. Not just a platonic love like in the novel. 
    :'( I'm sorry. Let's talk about something else, OK! 
  • I think he just tried to amuse us. After he said that XYR didn't want to have a child and it needed CCS effort to persuade her, he blatlantly said that they won't marry because CCS didn't drink. Like, WHAT THE???
    Which is why I appreciate their effort to improve their relationship. Not just a platonic love like in the novel. 
    :'( I'm sorry. Let's talk about something else, OK! 
    What's with sorry? I'm fine, silly.  ;)
    I tried to draw a line based on his QA but it was make no sense. So they'll meet, no matter when, but won't take a serious step in their relationship? I can't relate.
  • I think he implied that they won't have a future as husband and wife. Maybe they'll still be a faithful companion to seek the way of cultivation into the greatest level, tho. 
    Anyone tried to watch the Princess Agent? Is it worth to watch?
  • I think he implied that they won't have a future as husband and wife. Maybe they'll still be a faithful companion to seek the way of cultivation into the greatest level, tho. 
    Anyone tried to watch the Princess Agent? Is it worth to watch?
    At first I thought that he forced to finish the novel because the drama will be broadcast. But now I think that's not the case. He knew his novel will be adapt into a drama about a year ago. If he wanted to end the novel before the drama starts airing, at least he would try to make the story progressed faster or end the novel immediately after the announcement was made. But still he kept the slow pace story and didn't show any sign of the ending.
    Seriously, after those years of waiting, we need a sentence of their happy future but he didn't give that to us.
    I watched it. There's eng sub on it so, yeah. lol. Honestly, it was out of my expectation. The camera's moves annoyed me. And too many zoom in and zoom out in unnecessary place. The plot was fine, I think. But I decided to drop the drama and watch it later after I know the ending. lol.
  • I need to watch a drama right now. Any suggestion? I don't mind whether it's Chinese or another, new or old. As long it has a solid plot.
  • Nah, I don't think it was reason of the sudden ending. He stated before that at some points, he needs to end ZTJ, in order to answer his friends' concern about ZTJ's unending story. 
    Yeah, I need to wait until it's finish to avoid feeling regret. lol.
    Have you seen Ghost? It was a kdrama casted by So Jisub. It has a different theme, but I think you'll like it. It was Bianca's favourite so far. lol.
  • Yes, yes. Tried to watch it. But I warn you there's no romance between the main characters.
    I suggest you to watch Chinese movie Red Cliff. 
  • Excuse me, if there are any Chinese speakers here, can you please check out the status of this novel: Refining Frenzy/ 炼器狂潮 by Simple Otaku/ 单纯宅男? It abruptly ends in ch. 790. Please ask around in forums and such if the novel is dead. Thank you!

• edited June 2017
    Excuse me, if there are any Chinese speakers here, can you please check out the status of this novel: Refining Frenzy/ 炼器狂潮 by Simple Otaku/ 单纯宅男? It abruptly ends in ch. 790. Please ask around in forums and such if the novel is dead. Thank you!

I tried to find the raw source of this novel. I think it's end, but usually there will be an epilogue to properly close the story but it's none. Unfortunately, my Chinese friend who usually help me to read Chinese novels didn't follow this novel. I'm sorry I can't help much.
    Edit: According to Baidu, it's finished. You can check the link https://wapbaike.baidu.com/item/炼器狂潮?adapt=1
  • Yes, yes. Tried to watch it. But I warn you there's no romance between the main characters.
    I suggest you to watch Chinese movie Red Cliff. 
    just finished watching red cliff. trully epic.
  • @theredberry Thanks! Does anyone know a better sub of the Zetianji Live Action Tv show? The ones on Youtube had really shitty subs. Also, did the show end? How faithful was it to the novel?
  • @theredberry Thanks! Does anyone know a better sub of the Zetianji Live Action Tv show? The ones on Youtube had really shitty subs. Also, did the show end? How faithful was it to the novel?
    The subs that available in YT is from fansub not from the channel itself, and they gained nothing from subbing. From my personal experience, subbing a Chinese drama can be a real real pain, so I was thankful. They did a pretty great job already. 
    So far, I think only YT channel and kissasia who sub ZTJ.
    They drama ended last week, as for the story, it was 75% different from the novel. I found it interesting to watch tho.
  • Yeah. I think we should appreciate their hard work. Maybe they didn't have a decent English speaker who willing to be a volunteer. I can understand the sub tho. Maybe because my English is poor and I don't really care about the grammar. lol.
    Hey Bianca, do you check the channel on YT?