Book 16

Can someone give general spoilers about book 15 what happenes and how does ning survive and get revenge on youngflame clan? 
Thank you

Comments

• You probably mean spoilers for book 16 right? anyway, ji ning has to survive for several years in a space outside of three realms until his master who is a daofather can save him. I think people said he survives for 15 years or so in that space.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • edited July 2016
    Book 16:

Spoiler:
    First few chapters are Ji Ning in a new world where he needs to pass the Karmic Fire trial. He gets stuck living the lives of the people he killed and has to get over it. Meanwhile Yuwei passes her Celestial Tribulation and her master, Lu(?), has suspicions about her former life and does some investigating but finds nothing. He gets notified about what happened to Ji Ning but chooses not to tell Yuwei til she passes Celestial Tribulation since it can affect her heart. I think she has 7 sets of thunder tribulations but she passes. Then Master Lu tells her about Ji Ning and she returns to Grand Xia. Black and White school now has 2 Celestial Immortals.

Youngflame clan wants to find out about Ji Nings death thru his life tablet but Ji Clan goes into lockdown and Diancai personally guards the Black White life tablet hall and forbids entry to all including Black White Members.

Ji Ning survives Karma Fire and explores new land. He notices there are no Heavenly Daos in the new land. He runs across a new race. He thought they were fiendgods but after beheading them they just die instead of recovering so Ji Ning realizes they are a different race. The aliens(what mtl called them) start hunting Ji Ning based on the orders of their 3 supreme leaders. During the the fight Ji Ning discovers Heart Force(mtl) which enhance his swordplay increasing his strength. When 3 supreme leaders saw that, they told their subordinates to take it easy and prolong the fight and let him recover. So it turns into years of 1 on 1 fights between Ji Ning and alien warriors so that the 3 supreme leaders can study Ji Nings Heart Force cause its some kind of big deal(we'll find out in the next book when a new Dao Ancestor is introduced who specializes in Heart Force).

Anyway Ji Ning becomes stronger and stronger after refining his Heart Force so it becomes less apparent he is using it and he gets to the next level of the Crimsonbright Diagram. The 3 supreme leaders are pissed cause they were hoping to study Ji Ning's Heart Force for the next 10,000 years or so but Ji Ning refined his powers in 18 years instead so they cant study it as well anymore. They order their subordinates to capture Ji Ning using all their forces now and 7 Empyrean Gods show up and rescue Ji Ning. Apparently the Godkings subordinates have been living in the Underwater Estate in their own miniature world. They werent supposed to help Ji Ning even if he died under the Godkings orders but they cant risk the Estate falling into the aliens hands so they broke their orders. The 7 of them trash the enemy army but the 3 supreme leaders show up using their subordinates as vessels and create a body using energy from the army. 7 Empyrean Gods use a formation to fuse into single entity but cant beat the enemy.

Then Ji Nings Dao Ancestor teacher Subhuti comes to the rescue and takes him away along with the 7 Empyrean Gods. After Ji Ning leaves the 3 Supreme leaders are upset they couldnt get Mental Power ability but happy Dao Ancestor just left. Then Subhuti sends out an attack via long distance and the 3 supreme leaders rage about whether he wants to start up a war again by killing them. Then Subhuti is all like "You're just ants." and he destroys their entire civilization and every living being there with just one attack.

So Subhuti brings Ji Ning and 7 Empyrean Gods to Mount Innerheart where he advises Ji Ning and 7 Empyrean Gods. Ji jing is at the 3rd level of Heart Force and Subhuti tells him that even Dao fathers ponder over it. Despite being at the 3rd level and a Void God he now has power comparable to the Empyrean God threshold (stronger than celestial but weaker than a actual Empyrean God). Subhuti says if Ji Ning can achieve 5th level while being a Empyrean God he'll have strength equal to a Dao father. Subhuti tells him monsters were studying his Heart Force and Ji Ning panics but Subhuti tells him to relax cause he destroyed them.

He then tells the Bear to bring out the 7 Empyrean Gods and they ask him about the 3 Supreme leaders who they thought was Dao Father class. Subhuti tells them they werent Dao fathers and had a special ability to breed and utilize entire races power which makes them annoying.
    The leader of the 7 is close to becoming a Dao Ancestor and Subhuti tells him to practice fast and become Dao father and that he is only a step away. Subhuti sends them back to Grand Xia.

Teary reunion with people at lake.

Ji Ning talks to 7 Empyrean Gods and they acknowledge his talent and address him as Young Sovereign. One of them is Godkings adopted son. They explain Godking followed Nuwa and she created a world inside the mansion where they can live. Ji Ning cant control it however cause he's too weak and wont be considered true owner til he becomes a Empyrean God. The 7 have to decide what to do now. Whether to help Ji Ning or follow Godkings orders. They recognize Ji Ning as the best inheritor of Godking cause he is a supreme genius but Godkings orders come first. They agree to help him once at his choosing but once he uses up this chance, even if Ji Ning is about to die they wont interfere.

Book ends with Ji Ning meeting Yuwei. They call each others names.

Spoiler:

“But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • edited July 2016
    While reading book 15 and seeing 15 quite a bit, Even though I meant 16 I wrote 15! 
    Anyways thanks for the answers. 
    Dose ji ning go back to grand xia world in this book? And kill some Celestial Immortals? 
  • so how strong is he now thanks to this mental energy?
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • Sam004 said:
    While reading book 15 and seeing 15 quite a bit, Even though I meant 16 I wrote 15! 
    Anyways thanks for the answers. 
    Dose ji ning go back to grand xia world in this book? And kill some Celestial Immortals? 
    aashish said:
    so how strong is he now thanks to this mental energy?
    Added to spoiler ^

Changed Mental to Heart
    Also took 18 years
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • Can you tell us how he will get hir revenge against the Youngflame clan?
  • what chapter does he return to grand xia?
  • Can you tell us how he will get hir revenge against the Youngflame clan?
    In the end I dont know. I only read up to the first 10 chapters of Book 18.

Spoiler:
    In Book 17 The Seamless Gate makes a exploratory attack with several groups at different locations. 18 Celestial Immortals attacked Stillwater cause they wanted to either recruit or kill Patriarch Unity. Unity refused and he was about to be killed by a formation made of 18 Celestial Immortals but Ji Ning destroyed formation with a sword blow killing a bunch of them. Then he executed the rest. The last one told him to dont but he killed her anyway and it turned out she is related to True Immortal who shows up and wants to kill Ji Ning. Ji Ning managed to strike True Immortal using archery but wouldve died if Emperor didnt show up. Emperor saw what happened cause he was watching all the battlefields and saw Ji nings strength and potential. Emperor chased off True Immortal.

Seamless Gate lost 69 (18 by Ji Ning) Celestial Immortals and Grand Xia lost 73 during this battle.

Seamless Gate consults the Final Boss who is called the God King who says Ji Ning is Subhuti's disciple and Subhuti is top Daofather in Three-Realms and doesnt know how many of his disciples are also Daofathers. Also says to use Yuwei (finally revealed as spy).

Seamless Gate shows Youngflame clan the battle record and they are scared. Youngflame Ancestor visits Emperor and asked him to play mediator by Emperor refuses to get involved. Youngflame joins Seamless Gate.

Ji Ning about to undergo Celestial Tribulation but Youngflame and Seamless Gate (including True God) attack before Ji Ning leaves to travel to Daofather Crimsonbrights temple to take the tribulation there (cause he hasnt heard from his Master Daofather Subhuti) and Youngflame/Seamless cant touch him at Daofather Crimsonbrights place. Ji Ning going to get killed but Ji Nings gardener turns out to be a Daofather who kills everyone (just clones, no ones actually dead but they all lose their Pure Yang treasures) for Ji Ning cause he wants to recruit Ji Ning as disciple. Same Daofather turns out to be the one who taught Diancai his sword technique.
    Spoiler:

• When is JN's celestial tribulation ?

• docnymos said:
    When is JN's celestial tribulation ?

More like when does he have his 2 tribulations? (1 for primal and 1 for original and if i remember correctly his primal rolls ki way and original body rolls fiendgod way)

And how many sets does he have for each one and are there special things about his?
    (well there are going to be but well please tell me the exat thing. I kinda imagine it like Qin Yu and his super tribulation that is stronger than the one for a ultimate divine beast lol)
  • edited July 2016
    docnymos said:
    NoobElite said:
    docnymos said:
    More like when does he have his 2 tribulations? (1 for primal and 1 for original and if i remember correctly his primal rolls ki way and original body rolls fiendgod way)

And how many sets does he have for each one and are there special things about his?
    (well there are going to be but well please tell me the exat thing. I kinda imagine it like Qin Yu and his super tribulation that is stronger than the one for a ultimate divine beast lol)
    Spoiler:
    Ji Nings Celestial Tribulation for his primaltwin is in book 17. Daofather scares off Youngflame/Seamless so they wont attack him during tribulation unless they want to proke the Daofathers wrath. That particular Daofather is one of the 4 strongest I believe(Dont hold me to that) and Seamless Gate wants to recruit him so they dont wanna piss him off.

Ji Ning only does Celestial tribulation for his primaltwin because real body's tribulation will be much harder since its the original and a dual-refiner of ki and body. Also after becoming Celestial he can train in Dao faster I think so others tell him to train with Celestial Clone and then do tribulation for original body to increase his chances.

Ji Ning has wind and fire tribulation whose difficulty was high but no problem for Ji Ning after his Karmic Fire. His Thunder tribulation turned out to be 9 sets of 9 thunder strikes which shocked everyone cause its just a primaltwin. Daofather Subhuti wonders what his original body tribulation will be like. All fiendgod refiners have to undergo 9 by 9 tribulation to reach Empyrean God and tribulation difficulty increases based on circumstances. Ji Ning is Daofathers disciple, as well as Threelives disciple who rivaled and even killed Daofathers, and the pseudo-disciple of another Daofather who gave Ji Ning Heart Force traing technique. Also I believe the tribulation for Ki and body will be different but Ki should also be hard since the twin is ki-refiner and it had 9 by 9.

Ji Ning passes Thunder and faces heart tribulation which last 3 months I believe. Thus he became Celestial Immortal
    Spoiler:

• So do you know when him and Yuwei have there child?
  • Hey forget the question, I forgot I asked in an earlier thread and I just saw the answer.
  • Holy syit, his tribulation last for 3months??!!!
    compare to diancai it feels his tribulation only few days
  • anlie said:
    Holy syit, his tribulation last for 3months??!!!
    compare to diancai it feels his tribulation only few days
    The more potential and status you have, the tougher the tribulation.
  • edited July 2016
    Status makes no difference in tribulations, karmic merit or karmic sin does have a huge effect on the tribulation, especially in the third phase, Heart Devil. That's why Ji Ning's Fiendgod tribulation is so hard.
  • the sinfire in the current chapters is probably the reason the heart devil tribulation was so damn long
  • Status makes no difference in tribulations, karmic merit or karmic sin does have a huge effect on the tribulation, especially in the third phase, Heart Devil. That's why Ji Ning's Fiendgod tribulation is so hard.
    I agree Karmic Sin has a effect since King Yama used it to have a tougher tribulation. But it alone doesnt factor for everything. There are people who have hard tribulations who dont have Karmic Sin.

I am also right on status. If you are the disciple of a Daofather or major power your potential will prob improve as a result of their guidance which in turn will strengthen tribulation. Like Diancai was the pseudo-disciple of a Daofather and his potential improved from learning that sword tech from the Daofather and his tribulation was tougher than they imagined as a result (getting 7 sets I believe) but nothing was mentioned about Karmic Sin.

Although Ji Ning is talented, he wouldnt have had his current ability without going to Mount Innerheart.
  • Which chapter does Nina's master arrive and save him and Empyrean gods of underwater mansion? 
  • Chapter 22.
  • When Puti shows up, one of the most badass scenes in the novel happens (imo at least). 
  • didnt he say the red hair was like a commander that was like super strong leading the army in the war????