I'm Really A Superstar

Comments

• Rule71 said:
    CKtalon said:
    blob said:
    What happens to that zhang yuanqi, does she have much of a role in the story?
    She has quite a role in the story. There's no NTR. The girlfriend's name is Wu Zeqing
    we already know she won't be the gf so what is her role? is she a friend or a mentor or something else?
    You can consider it both, but she still remains cold. She helps him in various ways at times. Though there should be even more soon after the latest arc at chapter 1000+ ends.
  • Rule71 said:
    Similar novels many but translated none i think, this should be the 1st novel of this type to begin translation
    Oh, shame. I guess I'll just hafta wait. Thanks for the heads-up!
  • CKtalon said:
    Rule71 said:
    CKtalon said:
    blob said:
    She has quite a role in the story. There's no NTR. The girlfriend's name is Wu Zeqing
    we already know she won't be the gf so what is her role? is she a friend or a mentor or something else?
    You can consider it both, but she still remains cold. She helps him in various ways at times. Though there should be even more soon after the latest arc at chapter 1000+ ends.
    Does the romance kick in pretty quick when they meet or does it take hundreds of chapters for MC to realize his feelings
  • CKtalon said:
    Rule71 said:
    CKtalon said:
    blob said:
    Does the romance kick in pretty quick when they meet or does it take hundreds of chapters for MC to realize his feelings
  • Sunflash said:
    CKtalon said:
    Rule71 said:
    CKtalon said:
    blob said:
    The way they meet was first professional. She was his superior. He somehow got to know about her fetish and then they got close on a private relationship. I would say it was mostly lust at first. But she's a good girlfriend, and Zhang Ye is quite a good boyfriend. He solved the Fermat's Last Theorem to win a prize she liked.
  • CKtalon said:
    Sunflash said:
    CKtalon said:
    Rule71 said:
    CKtalon said:
    blob said:
    The way they meet was first professional. She was his superior. He somehow got to know about her fetish and then they got close on a private relationship. I would say it was mostly lust at first. But she's a good girlfriend, and Zhang Ye is quite a good boyfriend. He solved the Fermat's Last Theorem to win a prize she liked.
    what fetish? *-* hope not something so out of the world.
  • BDSM probably. :)
  • Anything which isn't weird but is kinky is a good fetish :D
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • does he win the poetry competition thing?? cuz those other poets r starting to annoy me
  • I stopped reading till this part is over :D
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • CKtalon said:
    Sunflash said:
    CKtalon said:
    Rule71 said:
    CKtalon said:
    blob said:
    what fetish? *-* hope not something so out of the world.
    she likes to take photos of her body in very erotic styles and some near nudes. however they are headless, similar to the pics u will find on @chan goddness pages. she saves those pics cuz she wants to remember how she looks while shes still young, atm shes 30ish and getting old, and wants to preserve her beauty in form of photos. she has big tits. 1 day she accidentally send some pics to zhang ye in those online private messaging cuz zhang ye used "harem fruit" item, and he got to know her online. one day realized shes actually his boss.

as for how this novel, i recommend reading this up to chapter 200. after that u get the usual xianxia stuff of
    u suck
    mc is op
    mc make trouble for u --revenge
    some1 recruits zhang ye cuz impress of his abilities
    zhange makes big profit for this new organization
    new organization wants more profit and tries to get copyright--same style as radio station
    zhang ye cuss them out
    u suck
    i am op
    repeats

after chapter 300+ racism gets extremely bad. if ur not chinese, the author shits on ur face hard. especially if ur korean. the entire internet host arc is about 50+ chapters of dissing koreans and how they are retarded and stuff
    then u get the traditional japanese bashing
    and then at 700+ ish about the math theory prize, u get the usual all american bashing
    then u get the ABC (american born chinese) bashing
    basically if ur not china born chinese, ur retarded and u suck.

romance is really slow. expect no interaction of his gf for tons of chapters during arcs. u will still get it but its slow. as of chapter 800ish, hes still a virgin.

the cons: he NEVER accepts his friends help. he has friends who hold authority both in the media world, and the government. his friends time again and again wish to help. but being the xianxia parody, mc must never accept help and must save face type of stuff. and hence this gets extremely repetitive and his friends only serve as peanut gallery. they serve no purpose other than providing comments and stuff since mc refuses their help and only wants to "face slap" ppl.
  • Does he ever publish his stories? At what chapter does he get rich?
  • Attolis said:
    Does he ever publish his stories? At what chapter does he get rich?
    he published both the midnight stories + the children stories. dont remember which chapter around 80?. he gets 6million for the copyrights of all the children story+the midnight horror story. after taxes, he received 5million. bought a 5million bulletproof car.
  • Lol and the radio station wanted to buy it for 20k
  • Lol and the radio station wanted to buy it for 20k
    this is when radio shack knew they fucked up
  • I just want to ask one thing, is there any mention who is the 'real' ZhangYeNumber1Fan, or he/she just remained as MC's knight in the shadow?
  • I just want to ask one thing, is there any mention who is the 'real' ZhangYeNumber1Fan, or he/she just remained as MC's knight in the shadow?
    would be funny if it was his landlady
  • edited June 2016
    I just want to ask one thing, is there any mention who is the 'real' ZhangYeNumber1Fan, or he/she just remained as MC's knight in the shadow?
    some college girl (or high school forgot). u will meet her after mc starts his tv host career (after radio arc). she gets cancer, needs 1.1m for treatment. mc pays for it

the blade bro (troll army guy) is a chick who works for the internet security sector in the government. she is a genius computer scientists/hacker and thats y she can spam posts like a boss 
    ----and this is my other complaint. she has power in the government (her department is higher in status than the police department, they are basically the "elites", and a phone call from them will call over the police director easily. but like the rest of chars, she doesn't really help the mc (besides spamming troll posts on forums), and when she does offer to help mc after mc meeting her in real life and knowing her official position, mc declines it.
    ------throughout the arcs, mc gets censored by the government, blocked by the media companies, and even arrested. but all of these can be easily solved with a phone call from her, but nope....hence the point that all the characters are basically decoration (besides the gf, she helps him whether he likes it or not)
  • arrested? as in?
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • Rule71 said:
    arrested? as in?
    he got arrested for sexual harassment 
  • sorry i was just kidding i had kind of like a image in my head about a guy in an anime getting arrested and his eyes covered by a black screen
    being stuffed into a police car
    and then like short clips of his family and friends saying they dont know what happened to him and why he would do that
  • Why does he get censored by the gov't and blocked by media companies? How does he fix this?
  • edited June 2016
    Why does he get censored by the gov't and blocked by media companies? How does he fix this?
    By being too awesome that they can't block him. Also his girlfriend helps him a lot to lessen the pressure on him.

He was arrested because he beat up a guy who was sexually harassing another girl. And the guy's father was his boss, and with him pulling some strings, Zhang Ye was arrested.

Zhang Ye often doesn't use the help of others because it is quite Chinese culture not to impose on others. Imposing on others makes you owe them one. And Zhang Ye is a person who doesn't want to owe people too much. Besides, the big saber bro was herself being put in check by the government and serving time in the police for a cyber crime she did, she's not that powerful to turn around governmental policies or 'make a phonecall'.
  • Does his girlfriend really love him? It just feels like she's way out of his league. Can you tell me some of the thing that he does for her to make her love him. Also, can anyone tell me some of the things that he does to become really famous and the people's reaction when he did it. Exp: I heard her stop a hijack attempt.
  • I'm not sure if it's right to say she loves him as the author doesn't show that. She just supports him whole-heartedly, ever since they met as acquaintances. As she's busy with her work, they don't meet that often. He wins her a prize that caught her liking by solving a unsolved mathematical problem, Fermat's Last Theorem so as to gift it to her. He gave her tons of tea leaves that are extremely expensive because she liked tea. They were known to be only used by Emperors of the past and he managed to buy it because no one knew the value of it.

Solving the mathematical problem was big, making him known overseas. 

His tv programs and lectures opened up many new research avenues in literature, things people never knew.

He helped design the game Plants vs Zombies, which became super popular.

He let everyone know the danger of the fumes Chinese factories created, causing particulate matter in the form of haze that could harm the health of people.

He designed many popular tv shows, never seen before.

He became a college entrance exam question setter, killing many students in their dreams

All of these shocked the country, and some of them made him even more infamous, resulting in him being banned, etc.
  • CKtalon said:
    I'm not sure if it's right to say she loves him as the author doesn't show that. She just supports him whole-heartedly, ever since they met as acquaintances. As she's busy with her work, they don't meet that often. He wins her a prize that caught her liking by solving a unsolved mathematical problem, Fermat's Last Theorem so as to gift it to her. He gave her tons of tea leaves that are extremely expensive because she liked tea. They were known to be only used by Emperors of the past and he managed to buy it because no one knew the value of it.

Solving the mathematical problem was big, making him known overseas. 

His tv programs and lectures opened up many new research avenues in literature, things people never knew.

He helped design the game Plants vs Zombies, which became super popular.

He let everyone know the danger of the fumes Chinese factories created, causing particulate matter in the form of haze that could harm the health of people.

He designed many popular tv shows, never seen before.

He became a college entrance exam question setter, killing many students in their dreams

All of these shocked the country, and some of them made him even more infamous, resulting in him being banned, etc.
    which made him infamous and why? What about the charm fruit. Does he keep using them? If so, how handsome does he become?
    sorry for so many questions. I just find this novel really interesting.
  • Because he offended scholars with his 'research'. It offended governmental and businesses who closed an eye to pollution. He incurred the wrath of parents and high school students for his impossible to answer questions. All these gave him infamy.

He doesn't keep getting fruits of charm. He does improve his voice mostly.
  • When does he find out about ZhangYeNumber1Fan having cancer and him paying for her? coz that is a touching scene which id like to read about xD and so when is it?
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • 144-147
  • so tomorrow @CKtalon ? <3
    my grammar sucks ;(