I'm Really A Superstar

A new novel written by Chang Yu and Translated by @CKtalon and Legge, we got a massive treat of going from 0 the preview to the 43rd chapter in around 24hrs and i found it really fun and enjoyable to read, you can read it at Gravity Tales and so was wondering if any1 has read ahead and can give us some spoilers coz i cant wait to know what happens ahead in the novel.... so addicting :dizzy: 
my grammar sucks ;(

Comments

• CKtalon and legge really done it, a massive 40+ chapters..
    and the story..... This is like a breath of fresh air for me, 
    really really really really good.. Not exaggerating, but just give it a try and read it..
  • edited June 2016
    I'm a bit hesitant to try it. From what I've read from reviewers and reactions, it's basically a comedy Xianxia?
    What kind of power(s) does the MC have? It wasn't really clear from the summary.
  • edited June 2016
    from what read from the teaser post back when CK first publisied it. it's kinda like 'taking my farm in another world', but a 'real world' setting and the MC basically grows stronger the more popular he is. he basically uses his popularity points to get cultivation techs, skills, talents, abilities, basically he gets everything from master actings skills to singing skills to master martial artist, to top rank cultivations and xianxia powers and such. pretty much think of it like LLS, farm in another world and other such comedy types.

this story isn't my type so i don't expect to ever read it. so this is a much info as i can give ya on it.
  • By chapter 85, he leaves the radio station after winning an award (thanks to lucky bread!), and then eventually joins a tv station, but again, he has to leave due to shit always happening to him despite doing real well. He then goes to Shanghai to work in an online streaming website. Enroute he defeats hijackers and flies the plane to safety.
    Does well at the online site, but gets clamped down once again, goes to Beijing university to be a chinese professor.

And more...lol
  • Who is the love interest?
  • A director of Beijing University who hasn't appeared yet, and later becomes his big big boss.
  • Quick question, what's the reaction of the radio broadcast when they realize that he got really really famous?
  • Thanks for the translation @CKtalon and when is the plane part and his love interest going to appear in the novel? :D
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • CKtalon said:
    By chapter 85, he leaves the radio station after winning an award (thanks to lucky bread!), and then eventually joins a tv station, but again, he has to leave due to shit always happening to him despite doing real well. He then goes to Shanghai to work in an online streaming website. Enroute he defeats hijackers and flies the plane to safety.
    Does well at the online site, but gets clamped down once again, goes to Beijing university to be a chinese professor.

And more...lol
    looks like the author can only clamp on the mc
  • SPWJin said:
    CKtalon said:
    By chapter 85, he leaves the radio station after winning an award (thanks to lucky bread!), and then eventually joins a tv station, but again, he has to leave due to shit always happening to him despite doing real well. He then goes to Shanghai to work in an online streaming website. Enroute he defeats hijackers and flies the plane to safety.

And more...lol
    The difficulty is Super Hard right ? So whatever happens to him i can only say..it makes sense.
  • edited June 2016
    Dusk said:
    SPWJin said:
    CKtalon said:

And more...lol
    The difficulty is Super Hard right ? So whatever happens to him i can only say..it makes sense.
    difficulty is maximum
    but at least they didnt limit those items and reputation (they are op as fuck like kungfu skills wtf, airplane driving skills wow, singing skills bro gimme some, some other shit like memory capsule he)
    but just made it harder to stick to a job  (got kicked out a radio station, tv station, online streaming website )
    and to find one too
    and not like a tough crowd that knows nothing of singing and dancing, poetry, reading literacy , classic books , internet (basically caveman only exist) 
    at least the world if filled with celebrity shit and literacy world

i like how the author can do this its like he pre wrote 200 chapters and then changed everything to be something big
    like those huge puzzles where every piece is in the journey and you feel amazed in the end like just amazed as hell
    i love those type of shit

• though if it was easier difficulty im guessing that reputation would be like 2 per person and half the price of everything
  • It took me up till chapter 15 that i really got hook.. Of course the plot armour is strong (too strong) but the item is light stuff that make the story funny and interesting,
  • What makes him the most famous super star at the end?

how long does It take for him to become famous throughout the country?
  • edited June 2016
    By chapter 1000 or so, he's already an A-list celebrity in the country (there's S-list above). He's also taking part in a masked singer competition (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Mask_Singer), and his popularity as this masked singer is extremely high. I believe after the arc finishes, he will become a S-list celebrity.

He already made some international waves, having solved Fermat's Last Theorem too, and rejecting a prestigious math award, and causing the organization giving the award to suffer in its reputation (due to their shady ways).
  • edited June 2016
    Does it have action or just drama slice of life?
  • Chrysola said:
    I remember that the MC was mentioned to have fought 4 martial artist monks simultaneously in the mountains so his movie can be shot there when CKtalon first translated chapters 204+ a couple of months ago.

That arc itself had him fighting two ex military(if I remember correctly) martials artists who wanted to hijack the plane he was on. The link is on reddit if you want to take a look. Just search I'm really a superstar on google and the reddit links will take you to the chapters.

Edited: Nvm, the chapters were taken down recently. And I was just rereading 204 yesterday and wanted to continue today too. Oh well.
    What ? The chapters were never taken down.
    http://gravitytales.com/im-really-a-superstar/iras-chapter-0204/
  • Dusk said:
    Chrysola said:
    I remember that the MC was mentioned to have fought 4 martial artist monks simultaneously in the mountains so his movie can be shot there when CKtalon first translated chapters 204+ a couple of months ago.

That arc itself had him fighting two ex military(if I remember correctly) martials artists who wanted to hijack the plane he was on. The link is on reddit if you want to take a look. Just search I'm really a superstar on google and the reddit links will take you to the chapters.

Edited: Nvm, the chapters were taken down recently. And I was just rereading 204 yesterday and wanted to continue today too. Oh well.
    What ? The chapters were never taken down.
    http://gravitytales.com/im-really-a-superstar/iras-chapter-0204/
    They were CKtalon just put them up again, because someone asked on reddit.
  • CKtalon said:
    By chapter 1000 or so, he's already an A-list celebrity in the country (there's S-list above). He's also taking part in a masked singer competition (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Mask_Singer), and his popularity as this masked singer is extremely high. I believe after the arc finishes, he will become a S-list celebrity.

He already made some international waves, having solved Fermat's Last Theorem too, and rejecting a prestigious math award, and causing the organization giving the award to suffer in its reputation (due to their shady ways).
    Which ark do you think is the best one and why?
  • CKtalon said:

Which ark do you think is the best one and why?
    I liked the hijacking arc as it was very creative in all the jokes. Like asking directions while flying a plane.

Other interesting arcs are when he solved Fermat's Last Theorem, since I'm geeky, and him helping plan the game PvZ and other advertisements.
  • Who's the love interest or interests?
  • He had fantasies of Rao Aimin but in the most recent chapters, he has already proposed to his girlfriend. She is technically his boss' boss' boss...

they meet sometime in chapter 300
  • CKtalon said:
    He had fantasies of Rao Aimin but in the most recent chapters, he has already proposed to his girlfriend. She is technically his boss' boss' boss...

they meet sometime in chapter 300
    too far lol!
    this is not the kind of story that will have ntr right?
    and what's the name of gf?
  • What happens to that zhang yuanqi, does she have much of a role in the story?
  • blob said:
    What happens to that zhang yuanqi, does she have much of a role in the story?
    She has quite a role in the story. There's no NTR. The girlfriend's name is Wu Zeqing
  • Their name "Zhang" has the same characters?
  • CKtalon said:
    blob said:
    She has quite a role in the story. There's no NTR. The girlfriend's name is Wu Zeqing
    thanks for the answers!
  • CKtalon said:
    blob said:
    we already know she won't be the gf so what is her role? is she a friend or a mentor or something else?
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • Just blitzed through all the chapters today and boy was I pleasantly surprised!
    Are there any similar novels like this that is at least partially translated? 
  • Similar novels many but translated none i think, this should be the 1st novel of this type to begin translation
    my grammar sucks ;(