Conspiracy about Mad Snail

Comments

• Evaansan said:
    Looks like he's already bored of his new novel. Maybe he's writing a new one under another pen name.
    For real? He started "slowing" down on his releases?
  • lol Mad Snail is a good example of why I don't trust WNs.

At least LNs are written one full book/volume at a time.

Besides, consuming a book one page a day isn't exactly my cup of tea. I want a proper chapter, like the sort you find in a printed book, not this WN nonsense.
  • His newest novel paused at chapter 335 on Sep 28th.
    Mad Snail says he gonna get a break because the first book (of newest novel) completed.
    That is the only reason why Chapter 444 released :cold_sweat: 
  • Damn this author bad 
    The new story about too pass up tdg
    He should just write a post saying tdg-chapter stopping a 500 and make nie lie overpoweredaf 
  • matricha said:
    well, this pretty much decides if anyone wants to read his novels or manhuas.... me pass.. unstable authors like him are not worth spending your time on reading their materials...
    I agree that Mad Snail is an author who should not be supported by readers - especially as he has pulled this same stunt TWICE.

The translations are not as up-to-date as the original Mandarin versions and I already find that the chapters are short and writing more abrupt. No details, feels like just lengthened point form writing. 

TDG is his creation, I really cannot understand why Mad Snail pulls stunts like this that harms his own work and his own reputation. I, for one, will not read any of his works anymore.

I started reading TDG earlier than the start of this thread and had not heard of Mad Snail before.

If I had known earlier about Mad Snail's propensity to abandon his work halfway, I would not have started reading TDG.
  • TDG is now as good as dead. Except for the last chapters, which were very random, I really enjoyed it.

If you want a suggestion: a fanfiction of this novel could be a good idea for someone. (maybe continuing the story starting from chapter #444)
    I think this novel has been fucked up pretty badly, so I'm going to drop it at #444.
  • KenshinX said:
     especially as he has pulled this same stunt TWICE.
    What if I tell you CSR isnt the first time he pulls the stunt ? :D

He write 11 novel

1. 网游洪荒之神兵利器 , 358 chapter , first novel , online game genre
    2. 无上龙脉 , 168 chapter , first xuanhuan genre , discontinued on qidian (baike says its published , but i dont know if its finished or not)
    3. 天域神器 , 180 chapter (end) , xuanhuan
    4. 网游之练级专家 , 424 chapter end , online game
    5. 贼胆 , 461 chapter end , online game
    6. 重生之贼行天下(Rebirth thief) 995 chapter end , online game
    7. 独裁之剑 , 302 chapter end , online game , slow release + ended abruptly because "family matters"
    8. 九星天辰诀 , 1012 chapter end , xuanhuan
    9. 神纹道 (CSR) , 667 chapter end , xuanhuan , ended abruptly
    10. 妖神记 (TDG) , 443 chapter , xuanhuan , halted because many reason
    11. 星武神诀 (SMGT) , 335 chapter ongoing , xuanhuan , steady 2 chapter a day since months ago before he halt TDG.

Aside from no 2 , 7 , 9 and 10 there is no much info what happen to his low number chapter novel. But seeing the trends you can guess what happens.

• edited October 2016
    ^^
    my god, 11 novels with many bad ending, he reminds me of Lim Dall-Young  :o
  • And now even the author of Galactic Dark Net seems to have been infected by Mad Snail. Sad to see a good novel end that way with so much potential...
  • null said:
    KenshinX said:
     especially as he has pulled this same stunt TWICE.
    What if I tell you CSR isnt the first time he pulls the stunt ? :D

He wrote 11 novel

1. 网游洪荒之神兵利器 , 358 chapter , first novel , online game genre
    2. 无上龙脉 , 168 chapter , first xuanhuan genre , discontinued on qidian (baike says its published , but i dont know if its finished or not)
    3. 天域神器 , 180 chapter (end) , xuanhuan
    4. 网游之练级专家 , 424 chapter end , online game
    5. 贼胆 , 461 chapter end , online game
    6. 重生之贼行天下(Rebirth thief) 995 chapter end , online game
    7. 独裁之剑 , 302 chapter end , online game , slow release + ended abruptly because "family matters"
    8. 九星天辰诀 , 1012 chapter end , xuanhuan
    9. 神纹道 (CSR) , 667 chapter end , xuanhuan , ended abruptly
    10. 妖神记 (TDG) , 443 chapter , xuanhuan , halted because many reason
    11. 星武神诀 (SMGT) , 335 chapter ongoing , xuanhuan , steady 2 chapter a day since months ago before he halt TDG.

Aside from no 2 , 7 , 9 and 10 there is no much info what happen to his low number chapter novel. But seeing the trends you can guess what happens.

What is sad is that they made also a manhua for TDG haha
    Even though its quality is very cheap, I would have preferred another novel would have been serialized.
  • now he probably out of plot on both stories hahahahah no update for almost a month
  • wew translation are catching up 6 more chapter
  • redleaf97 said:
    wew translation are catching up 6 more chapter
    I was just about to say it, wow how quickly it went I started reading at ch.50 and thought that it was amazing but then it kind of started getting bad when the MC said it would take him 2 yrs to reach legend rank and then it changed to 2 days or was it months? It was clear at that point the author was speeding up the pace...
  • lel author forgotten about ni lie slave that dragon variant dude lel
  • redleaf97 said:
    lel author forgotten about ni lie slave that dragon variant dude lel
    He clearly doesn't exist
  • Whoa, I'm one of the pitiful Mad Snail's readers. Who knows his email? I will send him a photo of an ass full of warts. To show him how we, readers see his behavior toward us.
  • Nabcake said:
    redleaf97 said:
    He clearly doesn't exist
    Yes he does his name is Duan Jian you noob just shut up if you dont know shit and suck it up.
  • redleaf97 said:
    Nabcake said:
    redleaf97 said:
    He clearly doesn't exist
    Yes he does his name is Duan Jian you noob just shut up if you dont know shit and suck it up.
    Nothing is real
    Whoa, I'm one of the pitiful Mad Snail's readers. Who knows his email? I will send him a photo of an ass full of warts. To show him how we, readers see his behavior toward us.
    Be sure there are enough warts for each of us
  • Its kinda funny, no more spoilers now, we're all in this together..waiting every month..lol
  • Its kinda funny, no more spoilers now, we're all in this together..waiting every month..lol
    HAHAHAHA you got a point
  • He started his new novel manga  he  probably might update tdg every 2-3 months maybe I don't think he have up 
  • edited November 2016
    Mad Snail's done for. He started a new novel and someone even translated it's first chapter! Why did the translator even bother... 

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/nine-heavenly-star-art/

Edit: My bad... It's one of his complete works not a new one.
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • And he's taking donation too.
  • Akashura said:
    Mad Snail's done for. He started a new novel and someone even translated it's first chapter! Why did the translator even bother...   :/

You sure it's a new novel and not an old one? Mad Snail has like 12 novels. 
  • edited November 2016
    lvl30wzrd said:
    Akashura said:
    Mad Snail's done for. He started a new novel and someone even translated it's first chapter! Why did the translator even bother... 

You sure it's a new novel and not an old one? Mad Snail has like 12 novels. 
    My bad... I matched the chinese characters on the cover of the novel on the NU page with the list of his novels posted above by null and it turned out to be the one with 1012 chapters.
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • I read in another forum that he's just slowing the release because the manga is really behind and that he should start again writing about 3 chapters per week. Dunno if it's a reliable news though..
  • syna0 said:
    I read in another forum that he's just slowing the release because the manga is really behind and that he should start again writing about 3 chapters per week. Dunno if it's a reliable news though..
    If he wants to wait for the manhua to catch up then we will be here for a few years before releases pick up speed.
  •  I really liked this novel, especially Ning'er, I will miss her T_T
  • edited December 2016
    Mad Snail's new novel Star Martial God is already on hiatus, LOL.
    It's already begun, yet again! hahah