God yes! Or God no!

So could Nie lie become a God now, technically? Would he need to find that shard thing, or could he just eventually form his own? Wouldn't this be the easiest way to ensure he wont die?

Comments

• The Spiritual Gods won't even be mentioned untill Nei Li and co return to Tiny World.

And Spritual Gods do die. They are immortal in the sense ageing, but they can be killed. 
  • Ok cool thanks just wondering. I realize they can die I just meant that it seems harder to kill them as the divine spark* (amended from shard) would/could dissipate instead of instead of them dying, and if part of it remained they could be reborn.
  • hey since spiritual gods have unlimited lifespan why did nie li say 'people above legend rank can at most live upto 100 or 200 years'. he said this when he and ye ziyun was stuck in the tomb when he went to get his first demon spirit lamp from that ancient city back at the beginning of the novel. (i was just randomly checking out some early chapters and found this). 
    and later when he meet fire spiritual god he found out about laws of the world. Before he didn't know it, cos he reached heavenly fate realm though different way in his previous life. so him saying living forever at that time is okay. 
    My doubt is becoming spiritual god gives you unlimited life span and that realm is lower than heavenly fate realm or star realm or others. but he reached very high realm in his previous life so why did he say realm above legend rank would only increase life span by 200 at most. and i find it hard to believe a realm below heavenly fate gives unlimited life span and high ranks doesn't give unlimited life span. 
    Even though we can presume nie li practiced completely in a unique way in his previous life but than also i find it difficult to believe he doesn't achieve immortality. 
  • Because he didnt know spiritual gods existed , he was cultivating heavenly law energy in his previous life too. Those are different cultivation paths.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• edited April 2016
    No i meant immortality. He said above legend ranks can at most live 200 more years. my doubt was even though he didnt know about spiritual gods and cultivated different path he still reached very high level and he said 'above legend ranks can at most live 200'. Considering his power at previous life why would he say that about life span when he should have had a very long life span even if we take out immortality out of equation. (i am talking about life span his being killed by sage emperor is different from him saying cultivates have short life span - 200 is short in novels.)
  • He didnt bother explaining in depth at that point , because from everyone's perspective then Legend rank was the peak. His intention was that first rank after legend adds 200 years to the life span.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• “Is there really anyone that has cultivated to the extent of immortalization?” Ye Ziyun questioned, looking towards Nie Li.

“No, that’s just a myth. Even if one cultivated to the realm above Legend rank, they can only live for two-three hundred years. They still couldn’t escape the cycle of heavens!” Nie Li laughed.

Chapter 36

Spiritual god - unlimited life span
    Heveanly fate, star and high relams, although its not mentioned what level nie li was in his previous life exaclty it just said he is very strong even surpassing sage emporor at last moment, means he was close in cultivation to sage emperor level cos he surpassed him, dosent that mean he should have life span of thousands of years even if immortality is impossible. 
    all things aside doesnt when one goes higher in cultivation thier life span increase in just about every novel.

• Your example contradicts you and makes my assumption correct (to the realm above legend rank).

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• I have to agree with both points Bassamsam004 proves his point with that quote, but podlizurko is also correct.  Somehow in the time in Nie Lie's past life with his vast resources of knowledge he was unable to come across what gods were or how to become one, so I guess he didn't think that was a possibility. Also apparently in this version as cultivation goes up it can only increase lifespan to a point before you are brought back to being one with everything... As a god that individual is already part of the one, and yet separate as long as that element exists the need for a god to exist will come as well.  Still wondering if the divine spark is an integral part in order to become a god. Also what is with Nie Lie the more I think about it his true power is not his cultivation or determination, but his freakin perfect recall.
  • I have to agree with both points Bassamsam004 proves his point with that quote, but podlizurko is also correct.  Somehow in the time in Nie Lie's past life with his vast resources of knowledge he was unable to come across what gods were or how to become one, so I guess he didn't think that was a possibility. Also apparently in this version as cultivation goes up it can only increase lifespan to a point before you are brought back to being one with everything... As a god that individual is already part of the one, and yet separate as long as that element exists the need for a god to exist will come as well.  Still wondering if the divine spark is an integral part in order to become a god. Also what is with Nie Lie the more I think about it his true power is not his cultivation or determination, but his freakin perfect recall.
    he didn't spend too long exploring the tiny world in his past life. only after reaching dragon realmdid he begin his path to become strong. he only has location based info on tiny world and some rumors and knowledge on some rumors from the few human habitations he found. after glory city's destruction he had to go far away from the location possibly on a completely different direction from the underworld. besides the world is a very large place. and as far as I can tell no human spiritual gods are even alive anymore while the beast one is. it's natural that the surviving human habitats have no info on spiritual gods. and considering they aren't the pinnacle of power in the possible inheritances in the tiny world's tombs and treasures it's not surprising he never found much info on them. 
  • well Spiritual God level is lower than Heavenly fate, star and other realms so why does a lower power level give unlimited life span and a higher power level doesn't. that was my doubt. 
    Maybe i can come up with a explanation as the story progresses further, since his cultivation before was unique
  • It is a different cultivation path thats based on the laws , not on heavenly energy. In terms of power it should be comparable to heavens fate realm.

今晚想跟我上床吗?