immortal executioner (Zhan Xian) spoilers

Comments

• The ending sooooooo damn rushed, it makes all the previous work fail.
    The way the zhao and profound heaven sect dies is toooooo fkin lame after all he did in mortal and spirit world.
    Last  20 chapters rush finish everything. 
    Merits have been mentioned and used a LOT of times in the novel and less than 5 times in immortal realm where merits should matter the most. 

• Most of the story was pointless.  It was all exposition.

Like i appreciated the conciet of being biff from BttF2,  but the execution was so boring, despite warnings earlier that this story was slow.

like it was a shopping list,  there were so many items,  for so many people,  who could care.  Like does the author know this is fake? he could just create a mcguffin or two and make a story around that: but this dude collected the best of everything,  then collected upgrades for it, over and over again, wth. then that brother of his comes along just to rain more free stuff to him..

and the revenge ploy was ok at first,  but I think it just got mean as it went.  I mean, the GHS and PHS don't seem any worse then the others really,  but the author paints it like killers from the other sects are just bad apples and the sects all otherwise never betray or fight with him? only the GHS are the evil ones?  no wlmder they dominate, the other top sects are dumb as shit.

you then add on the zhao and their i coherent plan,  what was the point. like who cares about demon qi,  magical bushit arrays solves everthing anyways,  its not like there was a problem that was solved with any logic.  it was magic bullshit solving magic bullshit that the author pulled out of his ass for that particular storyline.

and that mountain river map,  omfg.
  • Hayd189 said:
    Most of the story was pointless.  It was all exposition.

Like i appreciated the conciet of being biff from BttF2,  but the execution was so boring, despite warnings earlier that this story was slow.

like it was a shopping list,  there were so many items,  for so many people,  who could care.  Like does the author know this is fake? he could just create a mcguffin or two and make a story around that: but this dude collected the best of everything,  then collected upgrades for it, over and over again, wth. then that brother of his comes along just to rain more free stuff to him..

and the revenge ploy was ok at first,  but I think it just got mean as it went.  I mean, the GHS and PHS don't seem any worse then the others really,  but the author paints it like killers from the other sects are just bad apples and the sects all otherwise never betray or fight with him? only the GHS are the evil ones?  no wlmder they dominate, the other top sects are dumb as shit.

you then add on the zhao and their i coherent plan,  what was the point. like who cares about demon qi,  magical bushit arrays solves everthing anyways,  its not like there was a problem that was solved with any logic.  it was magic bullshit solving magic bullshit that the author pulled out of his ass for that particular storyline.

and that mountain river map,  omfg.
    True that. All his wives are sooo fkin op BUT they never fkin fight!!!! gao yue has 2 dragon horns and does nothing with it. The 30 maids r nothing but xx slaves. You could remove all 42 women in his harem except ling and story could remain same..... 
  • edited October 2016
    yeah the wives concept is dumb as shit,  it only makes sense because the MC has an unlimited credit card.

everyone just bleeds the dude dry,  but he thinks himself a mastermind,  the author is dumb. why yes,  women love you because you are so nice and giving.

nah dude,  you are their sugadaddy, and they using you. dumbass.

On the other hand, from his POV they are a collection of the best stuff like the resources.  but that's only his words,  its not like he introduced us to a living world of any kind, it's only from his words that we know what is what.  these are the only women he introduced, and he said they are the best,  just like bs 8th wood or 8 metal or whatever the fuck. a shopping list of shit with no story.
  • Hayd189 said:
    yeah the wives concept is dumb as shit,  it only makes sense because the MC has an unlimited credit card.

everyone just bleeds the dude dry,  but he thinks himself a mastermind,  the author is dumb. why yes,  women love you because you are so nice and giving.

nah dude,  you are their sugadaddy, and they using you. dumbass.

On the other hand, from his POV they are a collection of the best stuff like the resources.  but that's only his words,  its not like he introduced us to a living world of any kind, it's only from his words that we know what is what.  these are the only women he introduced, and he said they are the best,  just like bs 8th wood or 8 metal or whatever the fuck. a shopping list of shit with no story.
    The only novel that seems to be really good among  the time travel novels is I am a Monarch.The rest always fuck up in some way
  • so far only read the translated chapters and I haven't read the raws but from YC perspective does it matter if he gives loads of shit away? I mean in the first place (his original life) he didn't come across so far as someone who really covets important items as much as other MCs. plus the fact that he doesn't need to use his wives to fight just kinda makes sense? i mean he loved them he wouldn't want them to be at risk in the first place? although since i havent read much i cant really say with too confidence
  • I agree with you guys. This dude has too many wives.

To be honest, I won't mind if he had just stuck to the main four women. After all, those women actually fallen in love with MC the good old fashion way, and they have been through a lot of shit together. Not to mention all that time they spent working their relationship with each other and living as a family, like that time where they all sealed their powers and lived as a mortal family in the mortal realm.

But then... They showed up. First it was seven. Then came another. Then... she brought back over forty more...

And the core heroines are pushed back so that the author can develop the most filmiest love story ever told... And most of them... DON'T EVEN HAVE THEIR OWN NAMES!

I mean... if the author wants a large harem for his protagonist, that's fine, but one does not simply drop women after women into the story and force the reader to quietly accept it.

...Speaking of, the author seems to do this a lot.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • edited October 2016
    The first 4 is fine, but there is hardly any story there either. What adventure/experiences did any of them go on together really? They barely even hang out together, and just come to him to beg for stuff for their sect. The ones already in his sect are there only because he is so nice and gives them things, like the ones outside. It's all a very simplistic, and misogynist view of relationships, not that this is particularly unique amongst harem stories.. but this one actually involves others giving him wives..

Like his master, what other than the history he is always whining about,that never happened, built up that relationship? It was all exposition, like we should feel the deep care because of what happened in his past life, but there is no such experiences in this life, so how does the relationship even develop? It is as best a 1 sided relationship.

As for handing out stuff, like I said, he literately has an infinite supply, so what does it matter, why does anything matter? What story is there to tell of a rich dude spending money with no consequences, as you said. Like I feel the author tries to paint the MC as a mastermind, but his actions have little effect, and the lynchpin of the whole plot is in fact mind control.. what genius is that?

• Once the story transitioned to mid Spirit World and into Immortal World, it just fell apart.
    The novel was solid in the beginning half. The only reason i finished this novel is OCD lol, i prefer to finish what i started.
  • I know he has lot of wives in this novel..but i want to know was  he was always protective of his first wife i.e, is his master  until  the end or not.

i don't care about other heroines ..i want to clarify did he lost that special interest regarding his original love that is towards his master through out the novel or not...and did she helped him in his cultivating after they ascended from the mortal realm.

If he loses interest on his master later ,on i wont read this novel at all...as they are best in the entire novel and they deserve it. please tell this who have read entire novel
  • g33kl0rd said:
    I know he has lot of wives in this novel..but i want to know was  he was always protective of his first wife i.e, is his master  until  the end or not.

i don't care about other heroines ..i want to clarify did he lost that special interest regarding his original love that is towards his master through out the novel or not...and did she helped him in his cultivating after they ascended from the mortal realm.

If he loses interest on his master later ,on i wont read this novel at all...as they are best in the entire novel and they deserve it. please tell this who have read entire novel
    She remains the most important person to him throughout the whole novel but their roles don't play much importance later in the novel. However, they do stay somewhat relevant the whole way through providing some fun interactions unlike other novels where they just disappear. 
  • Yilley said:
    g33kl0rd said:
    I know he has lot of wives in this novel..but i want to know was  he was always protective of his first wife i.e, is his master  until  the end or not.

She remains the most important person to him throughout the whole novel but their roles don't play much importance later in the novel. However, they do stay somewhat relevant the whole way through providing some fun interactions unlike other novels where they just disappear. 
    thanks for spoil. .

And sry for  asking the same question again but...she did get more focus from M.C until the end right..? more than other characters
  • Story wise technically I would have to say his wife from the same sect ( not his master) gets the most attention but it is always clear throughout the story how important his master is to him. None of his wives/concubines disappear in the story and it is always clear that the mc cares most about his master compared to any othe wife/concubine. 

The reason I said technically his other wife gets more attention is because she plays a more important role story wise then his master does. His master is the wife he wants to protect at all costs so he keeps her on the side most of the time while his other wives/concubines fight on the front lines. In a way he only cares about his master and all other women are just there to provide help along the way.
  • edited December 2016
    Yeah, he really only wanted the master; the others were really pushed onto him. As such, plot demanded more of those relationships, thus they were part of the story slightly more, but it was pretty much all solo work.

Just think about it.. what kind of relationship can a guy who's like a million years old have with someone he remembers a million year in the past? Nil. All of this wives are basicly childs to him, and he hands out trinkets to them and their friends, and this is the limit of his interaction with them + typical dual cultivation bs that did not matter at all.

You don't gotta worry about anything troubling the MC, he is essentially invincible, and all knowing. Even when 2 wives get crippled, he knows how to solve it immediately(just normal close cultivation, no special story line, what was the point you ask?? yeah.) and they are more powerful after.
  • I think the main draw was that the author use real world Gods and the fact that MC gained all of their inheritance. There were some stuff about revenge, but that plot was drawn out way too long to matter.
  • So, can read until the end.. or it is some bullshit of ever repeating cycle of drama..
  • You guys read this in lnmtl? I tried but I can barely understand the machine translation.
  • edited January 2017
    Eddio said:
    Hi everyone

just saw this spoiler thread about my favorite novel and thought about sharing my thoughts about this great piece of work and the reason why I think it's so great along a few spoilers.
    Please note all of this is MY PERSONAL OPINION.
    Please forgive spelling errors because English isn't my native language.

First the world:

In this setting cultivators don't live among normal mortals because the place the mortals live has almonst no spiritual power (power needed to advance in their cultivation), thus also no herbs or other to cultivator benefical stuff,  making it practical a dessert for a thirsty man. So the standard setting about cultivators controlling towns and exploiting the mortals is almost nonexistent. (To make an analogy: in these places cultivators are like fishes on land, slowly waiting for death). Good and Evil Secs are al least officaly Good and Evil. Meaing the "Good Sect"  isn't blatantly commiting crimes in broad daylight.
    Face and reputation are extremly important to them.
    The reason why these things are so important, is because the Sects dont go and recruit the students themself (they don't want to lower themselfs) rather the mortals go to sects on specific days and get tested. So if a sect has the reputation of being a robbers nest who would choose this sect?
    This gives me a feeling of a society made by thinking humans and not humaniod animals. Big plus point.

Story:

What I liked the most about this novel is the story as it should be. The reason: It's not forced. 
    The MC isn't running from one event to next, isn't advances his cultivation in 1y when others need 1000y, almost no plotarmours, no big bad controlling everything, no arrogant fodder characters, no chain reactions of enemys for killing said fodder.
    Maybe some would even consider this story boring but I don't simply because everything feels so.. natural for the lack of a better word.

Some Spoiler about the story at this point:

MC was framed, hunted for around 10000y, caputured and tortured, excaping after reaching nearly the peak in cultivaton (second highest level) hunted again and killed (all in the first chapter). The End? No he travels back in time before he even started cultivation with all his memories intact (This point could be called plotarmour, though I don't think so). At this point the MC starts planning his revenge against the person who framed him and the sect who tortured him and killed his loved ones. First he improves his qualifications to super genuis level. At this point in the story the old government of heaven is overthrown and to start a new one all the old members must be killed. In heaven there's a specifically created execution ground to kill those "Gods". The executioner is choosen among the mortals (don't remeber why) and the MC has a technique that improves his qualifications by killing people and absorbing their essence and works only as long he hasn't started cultivating and what better targets to kill than these gods are there? Long story short MC became the executioner, kill the Gods and transforms in a Super Genuis.
    Those old gods also share alot of their secret techniques, hidden treasure because they won't need them in the afterlife and the MC promised them to fulfill their regrets if he can. (WIN-WIN).
    Then he joins the same sect as in his previous life which was destroyed back then.
    He gets a bit oppressed like in all novels though he doesn't really care (would a former super master care about a few clowns?) and resolved things pretty fast. He gets the recognition of a mortal level super expers (almost soaring) and around this point (in opinion) the intro ends and the MC starts his revenge.

First he kills the person who oppressed him in sect and rebelled at this point.
    Chu Heng(traitor) was in a desert and the MC knew that this desert belongs to another super sect and the "Heavenly Gate Sect[HGS](not sure about the name, the sect which killed his master and hunted him for a few thousand years)" arranged a giant "Formation Array" that absorbes a super precious Earth element thus stealing under that sects nose which if found out could damage the HGS's reputation immensly. Of course the MC does't let such a chance pass by and nearly starts a war between the 2 super sects, kills Chu Heng, steals some of the Earth Element and brings two YuanYing(second highest mortal level) demons back to sect.

I'm not going to spoil any more because I want you to read this masterpiece yourself (definitly not because my memory is a bit fuzzy)

Another positive point is that the sect is important througout the whole story from (mortal to heaven), how he grows that sect from a second rate one to a unshakeble super power.
    One last point I can think of is that our MC is a big fan of karma. For Example that HGS bombed his sect (nobody except a few know) and the MC uses this as an excuse to attack ann occupy an place rich in ressources in the guise of revenge. Later on he bombs and  kills nearly 60% of HGS's lower to middle level cultivators. Payback is a Bitch must be our MCs favorite saying D

Character:

Yang Chen (MC): Time Traveler. Former High Level Master. Personally I love this character the most simply because he almost never fights despite being super strong. MC wanted from the very beginning establish himself as an pill concocter because people don't offend them easely. The MC doesn't run around conveniently finding treasures and butting heads with arrogant idiots with a big backing. If I had to compare him to a character type from the typical novels he would be the final boss. Because he planned EVERYTHING. Literally. Even if some things happen outside of his plans he quickly makes them part of his plans. There's probably only one thing he never expected and that's him getting a harem and getting the label of being lustful . Another plus point of this Character is that he uses his brain. Unlike most time travel MC this one doesn't seemingly forget everything other than a few techniques but remembers important events and manipulates them in way that it's benefical to his sect and allies and damaging to his enemies.

Sworn Brother: A Mysterious Character who is the only one always a chip stronger and a lot smarter than the MC. 

Harem:

Wives:
    His master
    Senior Sister Apprentice
    Little girl from the execution ground [super sect]
    Girl who took the little girl away [super sect]
    A woman who was sent to the Spirit Realm (the one above Mortal and below Heaven) (he parents put a seal on her to make her super ugly because they feared she would be raped and killed due to her beauty) MC solves this seal and she marries him (there was a reason but I'm not telling p )

Cocubine:

Quintuplets one super sect
    A woman from HGS
    One from another super sect
    => these women were originally given to him because people thought he likes beauties and in order to get his pills cheaper. Fell for him
    An woman from an Evil Sect
    + 30 Maids who practice the same technique as the woman from the Evil Sect (they were a present from her to MC)

Important people of his sect are also always following him along so they don't simply disappear.
    I did't name any characters simply because I read the story with MT and you all know what kind of form names take after going through MT

At this point I don't know what else to write so I stop here. Hope I could give you a rough understanding of this novel and arouse interest.
    I may have strayed a bit from my original intent so forgive me please.
    If you have any questions just ask. I will do my best do answer them (as long they are about Immortal Executioner)

So long!

Eddio
    Yo Eddio, I have question not on the novel, but rather on the way you read it, could you tell me if you are able to read the raws naturally, or do you translate the novel and then read them, and if so could you tell me how or which method you translate them with. 
  • Can anyone tell the list of advancement of YC in which chapters
  • edited September 2017
    Really boring. The MC rarely fights and if he does, he's usually OP as fuck. This is one of those "super intelligent" MC's who manipulate people (through convoluted scenarios) to do what he wants, rather than actual fighting (for the most part). A mix of fighting + manipulation would have been great, but instead it's just manipulation with the OP hiding behind the scenes.

The interaction between the MC and the wives is also boring. Usually it's "high, hello" and that's it. Heck, only Fanghua sems to have any personality, even his most beloved master (Gao Yue) is like a wooden puppet. -_-

The beginning was okay, but the whole thing got tedious real fast. The author also goes on and on about useless topics in most of the chapters, so the pace is really slow. Picture a scene were the MC see's a turtle, then the author would explain the whole scene in 30 paragraphs. It's sad. :(

Oh, and just to make it even more tedious. At some point, the MC loses all of his "cultivation" and goes through the same process of leveling up all over again. :P
  • Thank for all spoilers my friends :D :D
  • edited September 2017
    Will mc and his harem like all his woman  become immortal and become able to live for eternity aka living forever?

2. Does mc actually love and care about all his wives concubines and maids and do all of the wives concubines and maids love him back?
  • Ragnarock said:
    Will mc and his harem like all his woman  become immortal and become able to live for eternity aka living forever?

2. Does mc actually love and care about all his wives concubines and maids and do all of the wives concubines and maids love him back?
    No immortality. But they basically refined the 3 realms. Between
     Yang Chen, Gongsun Ling and the Mother Earth Empress they have control over the entire 3 realms.

He loves Gao Yue the most. Definitely care about his wives and concubines. They are all 1 dimensionally in love with him apart from Fanghua who has at least some personality.
  • "Immortal" Executioner is a bit of a misleading title then.
  • Rewrite said:
    "Immortal" Executioner is a bit of a misleading title then.
    Immortal is a cultivation rank.

Human Immortal
    Earth Immortal
    Heaven Immortal
    Profound Immortal
    Golden Immortal
    Great Principal Golden Immortal
    Ten Thousand Disasters True Immortal.

All the people the MC executes in the first few chapters are atleast Great Principal Golden Immortals, most being stronger.
  • Ragnarock said:

No immortality. But they basically refined the 3 realms. Between
     Yang Chen, Gongsun Ling and the Mother Earth Empress they have control over the entire 3 realms.

He loves Gao Yue the most. Definitely care about his wives and concubines. They are all 1 dimensionally in love with him apart from Fanghua who has at least some personality.
    Remind me, which one's Fanghua?
  • So all these titles have immortal in them but you still won't be able to live for eternity if so that that kinda sucks because immortal is the very definition of being able to live forever hate when novels have the word immortal in but can't actually become immortal makes zero sense to me?
  • People just read the title the wrong way. People assume that "Immortal" is the title given to the MC, instead of it meaning that the MC is the slayer of immortals.
  • I guess so but he even if he the slayer of immortals those immortal should  be able to live for eternity just like what immortal means so he should also be able to live for eternity!

• Is there immortality or not I mean all these cultivation ranks make it seem like there would be in this novel wanted mc and his wives concubines to become immortal and live for eternity since it should be possible when you reach a rank like that?