Sword techniques

What are the last three stances of the [Tree-foot Sword]. And did Ning learn a more powerful technique in the future?

Comments

• i dont remember exactly the names, bud ji ning will develop few more steps by himself....
  • think the last 3 stances are called "power of friendship" then "MC always wins" and last but not least "FAK U IM THE MC!!!"...just kidding there is a 10th stance as well at book 15 chapter 29...no idea what's it called xD
  • edited March 2016
    Iirc MC realises that it's incomplete and it needs 12 stances, and slowly create those.

Then once those are done he begins creating his own sword techs that have nothing to do with Half-foot swords.
  • At what point does he surpass Northwalker in terms of insights into the sword?
  • vex said:
    At what point does he surpass Northwalker in terms of insights into the sword?
    he is MC so of course that happens xD
  • balinor said:
    vex said:
    At what point does he surpass Northwalker in terms of insights into the sword?
    he is MC so of course that happens xD
    what was the point of this post? he asked WHEN not IF.

and according to an earlier post in this very thread, it seems that he passes northwalker sometime in book 15 maybe. maybe eariler but without actual details we can only go with spoilers and the fact that ning finds a 10th stance one stance further than northwalker.
  • Thanks Vexram. And slightly off topic but does anyone know when Ji comprehends the sword dao path, just curious because it took him so long to get to domain with the sword.
  • vex said:
    Thanks Vexram. And slightly off topic but does anyone know when Ji comprehends the sword dao path, just curious because it took him so long to get to domain with the sword.
    There are always level ups for Sword, but he masters the Grand Dao Domain by something like volume 17 I think.
  • he already got the grand dao domain -_-
  • he already got the grand dao domain -_-
    The wording in the chapter is confusing, but he just began the Grand Dao domain, he didn't master it. Basically, it's like when he arrived at the B/W college he had just began the Rainwater Domain.

Mastering a Dao Domain is a pre-requisite (not the only one) for becoming a Celestial Immortal, and mastering a Grand Dao Domain is one for becoming a True Immortal.

So you can basically expect there to be no one in the Grand Xia Dynasty but the founding emperor and maybe a couple of hidden expect to have mastered a Grand Dao Domain.
  • So is there no Path level comprehension with the Sword Dao (like how Rainwater Domain and then upgrade to Rainwater Dao Path)??
  •  Arkeus said:
    he already got the grand dao domain -_-
    The wording in the chapter is confusing, but he just began the Grand Dao domain, he didn't master it. Basically, it's like when he arrived at the B/W college he had just began the Rainwater Domain.

Mastering a Dao Domain is a pre-requisite (not the only one) for becoming a Celestial Immortal, and mastering a Grand Dao Domain is one for becoming a True Immortal.

So you can basically expect there to be no one in the Grand Xia Dynasty but the founding emperor and maybe a couple of hidden expect to have mastered a Grand Dao Domain.
    “I didn’t expect that you’d actually be able to master a Grand Dao Domain.” The giant yellow bear looked at Ning. 
    what
  • Arkeus said:

I think you are confusing dao paths with dao domains
  • edited March 2016
    heroeric said:
    Arkeus said:

So you can basically expect there to be no one in the Grand Xia Dynasty but the founding emperor and maybe a couple of hidden expert to have mastered a Grand Dao Domain.
    I think you are confusing dao paths with dao domains
    he is
     just change the words of domains with paths and it would make sense
  • edited March 2016
    SPWJin said:
     Arkeus said: “I didn’t expect that you’d actually be able to master a Grand Dao Domain.” The giant yellow bear looked at Ning. 
    what
    Wording in the chapter is weird yes. It's the same way Ji Ning has just mastered the Rainwater Dao Domain. This is also why Ji ning also comments on how he has been stabilizing his Sword Grand Dao Domain.

I guess I could say "complete Dao Domain".
    SPWJin said:
    he is

No.... Dao paths are basically before the domain. E.G, when you get to understand the Dao. It's what Ji Ning had with Sword, a Grand Dao path. Now he has the Domain.

It's also how Ji Ning had the Inferno Path a while before getting the Inferno Domain, etc.

• Arkeus said:
    SPWJin said:
     Arkeus said: “I didn’t expect that you’d actually be able to master a Grand Dao Domain.” The giant yellow bear looked at Ning. 
    what
    Wording in the chapter is weird yes. It's the same way Ji Ning has just mastered the Rainwater Dao Domain. This is also why Ji ning also comments on how he has been stabilizing his Sword Grand Dao Domain.

SPWJin said:
    he is

No.... Dao paths are basically before the domain. E.G, when you get to understand the Dao. It's what Ji Ning had with Sword, a Grand Dao path. Now he has the Domain.

It's also how Ji Ning had the Inferno Path a while before getting the Inferno Domain, etc.

bro u have domain and path mixed up......
  • A dao domain is a milestone on the dao path.  The dao path is the path of comprehension an aspect of existence.  Once a sufficient level of understanding along the path is obtained one gains the ability to manifest a dao domain which is a step change in the power one can manifest from the dao path.

So start identifying an aspect of the dao... Gain enough understanding to manifest domain... Complete dao path... Gain understanding of ancillary dao paths (I.e., completed dao of rainwater starts understanding of dao of water)
  • edited March 2016
    malcience said:
    A dao domain is a milestone on the dao path.  The dao path is the path of comprehension an aspect of existence.  Once a sufficient level of understanding along the path is obtained one gains the ability to manifest a dao domain which is a step change in the power one can manifest from the dao path.

So start identifying an aspect of the dao... Gain enough understanding to manifest domain... Complete dao path... Gain understanding of ancillary dao paths (I.e., completed dao of rainwater starts understanding of dao of water)
    If you consider the 'dao path' to be that (it isn't), then Ji Ning hasn't mastered the Dao of Rainwater either (as there is more to it). It's the Dao Domain of Rainwater he has mastered.

Likewise, you don't "get understanding of Dao of water as you finish Dao of Rainwater", it's just that it's easier to do so.

"Dao of Water" is a Heavenly Dao, and you can totally skip Rainwater/etc on the Dao level or the "Dao of whateverthen ames are" for the Grand Dao that are in the Water parts.

It's just easier to go slowly from "Dao Domain of a path" => "Grand Dao Domain" => "Heavenly Dao".

This is why Ji Ning, while already being training for the level above 'Sword Dao Domain', will only successfully master his Sword Dao Domain something like book 17 (and he will begin training the levels above Sword Dao Domain something like book 15).
  • Arkeus said:
    SPWJin said:
    what

SPWJin said:
    he is

what was given to us was the path to comprehend the dao was first
    a dao insight which couldnt really be considered as knowing a dao yet
    then going to "dao domain" which means that you 
    can be considered as knowing the dao
     and then theres learning "complete dao path"
    or 'dao path" which was the word that i used
    but you are saying is dao path is the begining while the dao domain was the end
  • edited March 2016
    Arkeus said:
    malcience said:
    A dao domain is a milestone on the dao path.  The dao path is the path of comprehension an aspect of existence.  Once a sufficient level of understanding along the path is obtained one gains the ability to manifest a dao domain which is a step change in the power one can manifest from the dao path.

If you consider the 'dao path' to be that (it isn't), then Ji Ning hasn't mastered the Dao of Rainwater either (as there is more to it). It's the Dao Domain of Rainwater he has mastered.

Likewise, you don't "get understanding of Dao of water as you finish Dao of Rainwater", it's just that it's easier to do so.

"Dao of Water" is a Heavenly Dao, and you can totally skip Rainwater/etc on the Dao level or the "Dao of whateverthen ames are" for the Grand Dao that are in the Water parts.

It's just easier to go slowly from "Dao Domain of a path" => "Grand Dao Domain" => "Heavenly Dao".

This is why Ji Ning, while already being training for the level above 'Sword Dao Domain', will only successfully master his Sword Dao Domain something like book 17 (and he will begin training the levels above Sword Dao Domain something like book 15).
    So judging from that, what is it called when you are training in say Dao if Inferno BEFORE the domain? Nothing? Just.... Using fire from Dao of Inferno..? That's it? Doesn't make any sense.

From what I've understood in a Dao Path(Not just Desolate Era, any type of Xianxia or Wuxia that uses Daos) is that you Initiate a Dao Path, say the Dao Path of Inferno, the further you "walk" down that path, the greater your understanding of that path is. Once you reach a high enough level of understanding, you can manifest that Dao Path, known as a "Domain" or "Area". I don't see how any person besides you in this thread has that confused, because what Malcience said makes PERFECT sense to me.
  • no domain is before path. thats why in the black and white college, most adepts have multiple dao domains but the primal daoists have to have mastered a dao path.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • You said mastered a "dao path" which is walking to the end of the path with the analogy I just said, you contradicted yourself.
  • i got this quote from book 6 chapter 4

The old black bull sighed, shaking his head. “Your clan really is an ordinary one. You don’t even have a basic understanding of the different levels of insight. I’ll tell you, then. In training, one aspect is improving on a technical level; be it sword, saber, spear, or even painting and music and other artistic endeavors, technique matters. The first level is the ‘foundation’! Which is to say, becoming familiar with the basic techniques of an art. The second level is the ‘advanced’ level; it represents that you have all but perfected your mastery of the techniques. The third level is ‘one with the world’; this represents that you are already getting close to the ‘Dao’, and have begun to attune to heaven’s will.”

Ning listened. Naturally, he knew about these first three levels.

“After ‘one with the world’, the next step is in attuning with the intricacies of the natural world, and slowly discovering one of the ‘Daos’. Once you discover it! You will have gained a hint of the ‘True Meaning of the Dao’. That is the fourth level; ‘True Meaning of the Dao’.” The old black bull shook his head. “It is very hard to gain insight into a ‘True Meaning of the Dao’. Even some Zifu Disciples aren’t capable of doing it.”

When Ning had been meditating on the Dao by the side of the pool that year, he gained his first insight into a ‘True Meaning of the Dao’.

“Afterwards, when you continue to gain insight and continuously accumulate many more hints of the ‘True Meaning of the Dao’, your insights into the Dao will grow greater and greater. There will then come a day when the many hints of the ‘True Meaning of the Dao’ will coalesce and then transform qualitatively. Only then will you truly be able to become one with the Dao itself, to the point where, with but a thought, you can summon the power of the Dao in your surroundings, to form it into your own Domain. This is the fifth level; ‘Dao Domain’. This is the level you are currently at. Formidable, formidable.” The old black bull sighed. “Only very few Wanxiang Adepts are capable of reaching this level; generally speaking, only people at the Primordial Daoist level are capable of reaching this level of insight into the Dao.”

“Oh? I’m that amazing?” Ning said with a laugh.

“Your innate talents are extremely high, especially your talents as pertain to the sword. You are an absolute monster! With the assistance of the Stellar Hall, at the young age of 16, you’ve actually reached this level!” The old black bull said.

Ning understood as well.

He possessed the [Nuwa Painting] and was incomparably hard-working. He also had an innately high comprehension ability, and also the Aquatic Estate…there were many variables which contributed to him being able to achieve what he had.

“And above the Dao Domain?” Ning asked.

“Above it…” The old black bull looked at Ning. “Reaching the ‘Dao Domain’ level, after all, just means that you are able to completely immerse yourself into the Dao. What you need to do is to gain greater insights into this Dao of yours, with the end result being that one day, you will have completely understood and mastered this entire Dao Path! That is the sixth level; completely understanding an entire Dao Path!”

Ning now began to understand.

Indeed, just now, he had completely immersed himself with the rainwater, but that was nothing more than immersion; he was still far off from being able to completely control the ‘Dao of Rainwater’.

“The first level is the ‘basic’ level. The second is ‘advanced’. The third is ‘one with the world’. The fourth is ‘True Meaning of the Dao’. The fifth is ‘Dao Domain’. The sixth is a complete ‘Dao Path’!” The old black bull said solemnly. “The level of comprehension and enlightenment one possesses is very important. Only by having sufficient comprehension will one’s power increase. Otherwise, there is no way you’ll be able to withstand and control great power.”

• edited March 2016
    Indeed, a "complete path" as in the completion/mastery of the path of the Dao of Inferno. Which is exactly what I've been saying. The sixth level doesn't say "mastered sixth level", but said the completion of AN ENTIRE path.

Also, look up "Dao" on Wikipedia:

ao or Dao (/taʊ/, /daʊ/; Chinese: 道; pinyin: About this sound Dào (help·info)) is a Chinese concept signifying 'way', 'path', 'route', or sometimes more loosely, 'doctrine' or 'principle'. Within the context of traditional Chinese philosophy and religion, The Tao is the intuitive knowing of "life" that of which cannot be grasped full-heartedly as just a concept but known nonetheless through actual living experience of one's everyday being.

So by what you are saying, mastering the sixth step is Dao Dao? Kinda like moon moon if you ask me.
  • Well, JN beside the [ Three-Foot Sword], he did learn after the Tournament. JN expected to be choose by the Dao Ancestor of Da XIa Realm. But unexpectedly he did not choose JN, instead he choose the one who defeated Daoist Sloppy. Well, after he mastered the 3ft sword up to ninth. He learn some like Darknorth Scripture and Plow Heaven. There are 3 more that didn't mention I think,since I'm reading MTL. DScripture was trained for DSwords. And PH technique for his PH Sword. Plow Heaven Technique will be seen when his Dao Master (friend of threelives) of JN give a mission to kill Big Sins, killed some monsters who are 12 Loose Immortals brothers, after he killed 10 out of them,he got a map where a treasure depository, then he got the bow. A bow with spirit, like the black bull in his mansion. Sorry for my ENGLISH... :bleh:
  • Flyingboots I think your confusing the mechanics of the Daos in the Desolate Era verse with others fictions plus the real world. Although it's similar you still have to take it for what it is. The Old Bull clearly describes the levels of progression with complete mastery of a Dao Path being the final destination. You do not need to master a Dao Path completely to display a domain, hence the entire existence of Dao Domain level comprehension. And in regards to your confusion about what comes from before Dao Domain, insights into "The true meaning of the dao" comes before.
  • What techniques does Ning come up with for his fire water lotus? And does he master the dao of space as well?
  • If im right ning could use rainwater domain to kill the waxiang adpet(is it his name?) the one from snowdragon montain and after that when he was leaving the state it was said that ning mastered the rainwater dao so this should clear everything.
  • LigerCero said:
    What techniques does Ning come up with for his fire water lotus? And does he master the dao of space as well?
    Well he didn't master the dao of space since its a GREAT dao.

Well in books ahead Xuputi explain that space can be divided into a layer by layers. But as of now, he didn't yet master it (book 19). JN didn't know until Xuputi mention it. As far as I know, he's trying to master the dao of water. water have three section. a normal dao, greater dao and Heavenly dao. Since, JN trying to reach the Dao ancestor, he already grasp the greater dao of water and almost in threshold of heavenly dao of water since his perception in water is wide.
  • Indeed, a "complete path" as in the completion/mastery of the path of the Dao of Inferno. Which is exactly what I've been saying. The sixth level doesn't say "mastered sixth level", but said the completion of AN ENTIRE path.

Also, look up "Dao" on Wikipedia:

ao or Dao (/taʊ/, /daʊ/; Chinese: 道; pinyin: About this sound Dào (help·info)) is a Chinese concept signifying 'way', 'path', 'route', or sometimes more loosely, 'doctrine' or 'principle'. Within the context of traditional Chinese philosophy and religion, The Tao is the intuitive knowing of "life" that of which cannot be grasped full-heartedly as just a concept but known nonetheless through actual living experience of one's everyday being.

So by what you are saying, mastering the sixth step is Dao Dao? Kinda like moon moon if you ask me.
    You are very literal my friend, calling it a Dao path is a way of saying it is a path to a grander concept, a road leading to a bigger highway if you will, it's a path that leads to an all encompassing Dao being the 'one law of the universe' sort of like wheels and tires make up a car different Dao paths help create the universal Dao, at least that is my interpretation, understanding the Dao is understanding the universe, and there are a lot of roads you need to take to reach that final destination, so each path is a path making up the universe's Dao, hence a Dao path, a path leading to the final Path.
    That's my two cents anyways, I don't know if it was confusing, but your remark was off in my opinion.