Manga vs Novel

So i started reading the manga first for about 20 chapters and decided to stop and change to the novel, but whats weird is its allmost totally different start, in the manga some Chick is in the coiling dragon ring and in the novel an old man just came out of the coiling dragon ring not a chick, so WTF.

Comments

• I totally recommend the novel. It's so much better than the manga.
    Novel => Detailed story => More fun
  • Icydraft said:
    I totally recommend the novel. It's so much better than the manga.
    Novel => Detailed story => More fun
    I couldn't agree more!  the manga caught my interest.  I googled for the LN, and low and behold, discovered wuxia world!  Novel is far better.

t2409 said:
    So i started reading the manga first for about 20 chapters and decided to stop and change to the novel, but whats weird is its allmost totally different start, in the manga some Chick is in the coiling dragon ring and in the novel an old man just came out of the coiling dragon ring not a chick, so WTF.
    There are many differences, actually.  I think the novel portrays a great many things better than the manga, magic/dragon warrior bloodline/etc, and it seems they have attempted to reduce quality in lieu of accelerating the storyline somewhat.  Or rather, their attempt to accelerate the storyline has hindered the quality of the work itself, IMHO.
  • The only things the manhua has going for it is the art and "Grandpa" Doehring.
  • The Manhua also has a very weird system with using spells, in the manhua a Rank 6 Magician can use Rank 7 spells although they would be slightly weaker, it doesn't work like that in the Light Novel. Almost everything about Linley's stonescuplting is a lot more detailed as well, in the manhua he created his most important sculpture in 1 swing, which pissed me off because it lacked the depth it has in the light novel.
  • xigua said:
    The only things the manhua has going for it is the art and "Grandpa" Doehring.
    Thats like the major points which make the manhua suck even more than it should.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Hey guys so i only read like first 15 chapters of manga and switched to the novel, i am on book 20 i have been reading for acouple weeks now, and i absolutely love the novel , one of my favorites i have read so far, i am very much into it and i have stopped reading all my other novels to let the chapters build up until i finish CD, but damn its been a good one, i am sad that it is about to end for me :( 
  • actually EVERYTHING in manhua is wrong. first is somehow Doehring cowart had a sex change O___O. 2nd major problem is somehow linley doesn't grow up at all .3rd is how his dragonform is he was WINGS which he got from a no winged dragon. and then there is the spells which are wrong order. and i think the first time linley tames his 2nd spirit beast, cloudpanter TURNS INTO HUMAN ASAP i was like WTF he suddenly got a deity spirit beast?turns out it was haru xD. all in all if you want to read "coiling dragon" don't bother with manhua. if you want to see pictures go with manhua.
  • yeah that manhua will not get a full read from me, so many changes its straight up Bullshit.....I just finished CD and i am a bit butt hurt that it is over , but on the bright side of things i have 20+ chapters of each of my current novels to read hahaha , but shit give me a CD 2 and i T2 will be a happy man 
  • Yep and biggest change is Bebe -> female, yep http://www.mangaice.com/panlong/136/
  • It's like trying to compare the usefullness of second hand toilet paper to a new roll.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• t2409 said:
    Yeah just imagine you really far into the novel and you see a manga for it and all of a sudden a hot girl that's looks 20 comes out instead of the grandpa that the novel portrayed! Also read a bit farther, so bad!
  • t2409 said:
    yeah that manhua will not get a full read from me, so many changes its straight up Bullshit.....I just finished CD and i am a bit butt hurt that it is over , but on the bright side of things i have 20+ chapters of each of my current novels to read hahaha , but shit give me a CD 2 and i T2 will be a happy man 
    If you are done then you can move on to some of his other novels. Stellar Transformation is his earlier work and Desolate Era is similar to CD2... 
  • All in all, you SHOULD always start from a novel, that way when reading manhua you won't get spoiled about main events, but you will still enjoy pictures.
    Otherwise you risk to spoil yourself into losing interest in novel, at least that was my experience with BTTH.
  • what I hate about the manhua is how bebe is portrayed, he's not even black, or even a rat for that matter. also Dragon blood warriors have always been portrayed as having superb physical prowess and uses heavy weapons, so you would assume they'd be buff and big (i always imagine linley being similar to Captain America in physique) but here linley is a stick man
  • It's a bit of a weird thing to hate, but I got really pissed that the Awakening From a Dream was sculpted in one second(1 page of the manhua as well) with basically no backstory or emotion to it, and it ticked me off big time because Awakening From a Dream had such a huge impact on Linley's growth both physically and mentally. Idk, I just hated it.
  • good thing i didnt read that far into the comic cause i might've raged more. 
  • No one’s going’s mention how Linley has brown hair and brown eyes in the novel but is aryan in the manhua?