Are there other willing to Translate TGR?

Translation became slowpoke because of the translator being so much busy. If he can't handle the translation then he should pass the baton of translating TGR to another.

Comments

• Yeah, how about you learn chinese and volunteer yourself ^^
  • edited February 2016
    Yeah, how about you learn chinese and volunteer yourself ^^
    Pinoy? Will do in the future D
  • @androidpanda ;
    I hate assholes like you. No matter how well you mean it, you want to take someone's hard work away from them just because it's too slow. For Fuck's sake, he has stuff irl. He's worked hard and translated over 150 chaps and you just want to give it away to someone else. That's just stupid. Man, how insensitive can you get. That's akin to telling another author to take over for an author cause the author is writing too slow and the series is awesome. Also, he never said he couldn't handle it. Well, let's see you translate if someone from your family died or your arm was broken. @Ren, @Deathblade, @Yn5an3 , @Xiao Lai, @jn19930 , can you please tell this dude? sigh..... :/
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • @androidpanda ;
    I hate assholes like you. No matter how well you mean it, you want to take someone's hard work away from them just because it's too slow. For Fuck's sake, he has stuff irl. He's worked hard and translated over 150 chaps and you just want to give it away to someone else. That's just stupid. Man, how insensitive can you get. That's akin to telling another author to take over for an author cause the author is writing too slow and the series is awesome. Also, he never said he couldn't handle it. Well, let's see you translate if someone from your family died or your arm was broken. @Ren, @Deathblade, @Yn5an3 , @Xiao Lai, @jn19930 , can you please tell this dude? sigh..... :/
    Sorry but I don't argue with an idiot specially with someone as a fool like you hahahaaha XD

Common sense man. He's complaining that he is busy, 4 hours trip back and forth to work that's why he can't translate so why don't he just give it to someone else. Why burden him more if he's already so stressed with his personal life? You are really stupid. It's very obvious in all your post.,
  • @androidpanda ;
    Sorry but I don't argue with an idiot specially with someone as a fool like you hahahaaha XD

Common sense man. He's complaining that he is busy, 4 hours trip back and forth to work that's why he can't translate so why don't he just give it to someone else. Why burden him more if he's already so stressed with his personal life? You are really stupid. It's very obvious in all your post.,
    Just because you're too busy to take care of your baby, would you give it to someone else. It's not ur decision to make about TGR. Unless he himself has allowed it, you're being an asshole. What right do u have to ask for another TLer when he hasn't allowed it. Ur the idiot.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • Lord Fifth, no need to be so harsh.This is what he said "If he can't handle the translation then he should pass the baton of translating TGR to another."I think this just aimed jn19930 saying that he can consider  dropping it, if he is too busy.He's not asking him absolutely to drop it. But then again the title of this thread is is quite "assolish"- u cannot just ask if anyone else is willing to translate it without permission of original translator. That is just disrespecting the original translator.
  • edited February 2016
    The translators can take breaks as often as they like. I don't want to open this pointless debate again. If the author is slow, then you'll have to wait longer, as simple as that. I'm also following the novel and I'd like 10 chapters a day. But I do know that some time ago I was lucky to find something released weekly. Why would I ask a translator that released sooo many chapters to stop just because there was a time when he was too busy to keep the normal schedule? Specially since he was the person who made the novel popular and invested hundreds of hours of his time. Do you prefer to pass it to other translator for some time just to see it dropped? Because he too may slow his pace some day, and after that cycle is repeated a couple of times, the novel will be dropped.

There is some sense of accomplishement (that partially comes from recognition) for people that make public contributions like translating novels. And if you sever that tie, then I can tell you that nobody, no matter how generous and altruistic he is (Even in the hacking scene, that had ideological motivations as one of his pillars) is going to pour his free time into a task that not only is binds you in a permanent manner to 'your fans' ( whatever you mean by that ), but also requires hours of dedication on a daily basis just to be tossed aside when people feels like it. Those motivations do not work like people think they do, they don't do it so others can enjoy themselves, and are a lot more complex than such a simple goal. There are really naive concepts like the "general interest" or similiar that are referenced from time to time and make even less sense. What's the general interest? To have the most chapters over the shortest amount of time, or to have every chapter translated, or everything between that? What's the balance between general and personal (the translator's) interest?

I like to play computer games, but I would't force myself to play 2 hours every day. And that's a sort of entertainment, translation is what translators do profesionally, a JOB. So who likes to work at home after he gets out from his regular job? Many people think that they are going to be able to do it because of the money, but they give up in the end. I wouldn't demand from someone something I wouldn't do myself.

So no, nobody is going to take over it, and it's WW policy to prevent that from happening to any translator, as we've shown in the past.

Lastly, next time I read the word "idiot" or any insulting comment 2 times in a row, I won't even warn the person in question, but ban him.
  • see? control ur mouth
  • I would just like to mention the fact that this is entertainment, it is not unlikely that some would complain if a translator happens to slow down. Now what I'm getting at is the fact that whenever someone so much as utters something close to a complaint this happens. 

Also, Yn5an3 are you saying that if someone wants to translate something another person is translating they need their permission? And if this is so does that mean that the 'official translator' are taking another persons work, that being the authors work as their own?

I will elaborate on this on the previously, what I am pointing is that no translator can claim anything as their own besides their version of the translation. This is true for all except the MGA translator seeing as he is in close contact with the author.

Lets all discuss this rationally and thoughtfully, this could be a fun debate of sorts. 

Yn5an3 said:
    The translators can take breaks as often as they like. I don't want to open this pointless debate again. If the author is slow, then you'll have to wait longer, as simple as that. I'm also following the novel and I'd like 10 chapters a day. But I do know that some time ago I was lucky to find something released weekly. Why would I ask a translator that released sooo many chapters to stop just because there was a time when he was too busy to keep the normal schedule? Specially since he was the person who made the novel popular and invested hundreds of hours of his time. Do you prefer to pass it to other translator for some time just to see it dropped? Because he too may slow his pace some day, and after that cycle is repeated a couple of times, the novel will be dropped.

There is some sense of accomplishement (that partially comes from recognition) for people that make public contributions like translating novels. And if you sever that tie, then I can tell you that nobody, no matter how generous and altruistic he is (Even in the hacking scene, that had ideological motivations as one of his pillars) is going to pour his free time into a task that not only is binds you in a permanent manner to 'your fans' ( whatever you mean by that ), but also requires hours of dedication on a daily basis just to be tossed aside when people feels like it. Those motivations do not work like people think they do, they don't do it so others can enjoy themselves, and are a lot more complex than such a simple goal. There are really naive concepts like the "general interest" or similiar that are referenced from time to time and make even less sense. What's the general interest? To have the most chapters over the shortest amount of time, or to have every chapter translated, or everything between that? What's the balance between general and personal (the translator's) interest?

I like to play computer games, but I would't force myself to play 2 hours every day. And that's a sort of entertainment, translation is what translators do profesionally, a JOB. So who likes to work at home after he gets out from his regular job? Many people think that they are going to be able to do it because of the money, but they give up in the end. I wouldn't demand from someone something I wouldn't do myself.

So no, nobody is going to take over it, and it's WW policy to prevent that from happening to any translator, as we've shown in the past.

Lastly, next time I read the word "idiot" or any insulting comment 2 times in a row, I won't even warn the person in question, but ban him.

or

@androidpanda ;
  • @Alec ;
    You talk big, but I doubt you understand the problem. Let's see you work on something for hundreds of hours and then have it taken away by someone else. Almost everyone on this site would support Yn5an3 because he is right. Just because you want something to go faster, you would ignore the feelings of those who made it popular and worked hard to bring a good experience to readers just so you can have "fun". Also, you might not know, but other TLs have recognized by authors such as ATG. Still, that's beside the point. Without the TLer, you would never have heard of The Great Ruler in your life. Same with all these novels on this site. Almost every non-Chinese speaker owes the TLer because they would never have fun of any sorts without their help, so being "rational" is kinda stupid. Sure, you can be "rational", but that is akin to working on a game, for example, but you have to slow down. Then, after all your hard work, someone else completes it and gets credit for it. How ungrateful can one be. Also, this topic s not "fun". It is really akin to insulting a TLer. @Yn5an3 , can u please close this thread?

• I would've agreed with androidpanda if they had not suggested completely replacing the TLer.  I could understand asking if someone was willing to help the TLer, but not to replace him, as Lord Fifth said that would be extremely rude to the TLer.
    Absolute Choice is the first novel that I've read on Wuxiaworld that I genuinely do not like.
  • edited February 2016
    @Alec First, I agree reading novels is a sort of entertainment, and anybody can voice his opinion as long as it's respectful. I've only tried to give an answer to show what's the position of Wuxia World. Maybe it's a conservative position for a reader's standpoint, but unless we do things in an orderly fashion, then the little community WW is, will literally fall appart. We are not going to tell a translator to drop the novel and pass it to another. Every translator here has shown his committment and skills for a long time, so we should cut them some slack. We've also seen that novels that are passed from one translator to another tend to be dropped quickly. Helping the translator can be an option, but we'll have to devise a way to do that if we want to support it "officially", otherwise translators themselves have to reach an agreement for collaboration. The key in this paragraph is the word collaboration, because it's what makes a community to grow, and not endless confrontation because of translation poaching.

I didn't see anything happening when "something close to a complaint was posted". If you meant it's likely to get responses from people that don't agree with you, then sorry, but they are as free as anyone to voice their opinion.  

Also, Yn5an3 are you saying that if someone wants to translate something another person is translating they need their permission? And if this is so does that mean that the 'official translator' are taking another persons work, that being the authors work as their own?

I'd like to know where did you read that. Or what sentence made you think I wanted to start an argument about ethics and intellectual property laws. I have my own view of this matter, but this thread wasn't about those topics. And don't open another thread because I won't really post about something so complex that offers so much room for someone being critic to attack the other party. Do you know Hitchens' razor? 

And since we've started to mention those boring concepts, like rationality, let me tell you that the remark 

I will elaborate on this on the previously, what I am pointing is that no translator can claim anything as their own besides their version of the translation. This is true for all except the MGA translator seeing as he is in close contact with the author.
    is just a based on a cognitive bias. You are assuming no other translators are in close contact with authors just because you didn't have access to that information / didn't read about it / failed to identify the comments from translators as such. Let's just go with availiable information, and accessible on the site. 

http://www.wuxiaworld.com/atg-chapter-300-✿-and-a-special-message-from-the-author/

I think that's enough to make my opinion clear. 
  • This thread serves no useful purpose.  Locking.
This discussion has been closed.