Is Stellar Transformations boring?

Somehow, I feel like I'm only forcing myself to read this novel.

Comments

• Drop it then? or ask yourself do you even want to read novels atm?
    For me it isn't boring
  • Yes it is boring. Stellar Transformation suffer form the same issue Coiling Dragon had, the second half part is an abomination. Coiling Dragon first 13 books were quality work, the following books were second-rate. Stellar Transformation is the same, anything after book 10 is unsatisfactory. It's like a great movie with a bad sequel. It should have ended while it was still good, but the author had to stretch it out and ruined the series.

Me too I feel like i'm forcing myself to read, I've come this far and might as well finish it. Only 4 more books before the end.
  • TakeshiKudo said:th
    Yes it is boring. Stellar Transformation suffer form the same issue Coiling Dragon had, the second half part is an abomination. Coiling Dragon first 13 books were quality work, the following books were second-rate. Stellar Transformation is the same, anything after book 10 is unsatisfactory. It's like a great movie with a bad sequel. It should have ended while it was still good, but the author had to stretch it out and ruined the series.

Me too I feel like i'm forcing myself to read, I've come this far and might as well finish it. Only 4 more books before the end.
    I have to disagree with you. 
    Coiling Dragon: I agree 100% that it grew from interesting to mundane. 
    ST? Not so much. Qin Yu has to work hard (thousands of years of hard work). There's still character development and contrast being played out (even though Uncle Fu submits to Qin Yu, he's still not someone Qin Yu can engage in battle and win over. What about Yin Hua and Jiang Yan? What about information on Li'er (Jiang Li)? 

Still book 14, and I still enjoy reading it as much as I did up to Book 10. Unlike Linley, Qin Yu has many comperable aspects to compare, or even surpass at any given level. When he ascended and the next millenium or so, he was being chased by Emperor Yu, and was someone who was still confined to using teleportation arrays for travel. He went from being unable to deal with Emperor Level experts, to not be hindered by them at all. 

The Almighty Froppy
  • I don't know about others but i stopped reading ST after a few chapters. The mc seemed too emotional for my taste. Later on, I skipped directly to volume 11 or something when he returns home after becoming the lord of some tower, again saw his impulsive and rash decisions and dropped it for good. I find the MC of all the 3 iet novels(CD,DE,ST) i have read almost the same, hard working, emotional, family under tragic circumstances with revenge theme, extremely talented and so on.
  • dropped it pretty early on too, don't think I got to chapter 50

Coiling Dragon or Desolate Era're clearly superior in both narrative and character building
  • I dropped stellar transformations in Book 12.

Names of characters and power rankings got confusing for me.

Coiling Dragon and Desolate Era was easily understandable

I just read giant spoiler on ST that spoils it Book by Book and got over it
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."