Novel Situation: End of World Hiding Places

You thought it would only be in the movies, but at last the world is ending.
Well, only the the world you used to know.
You have a chance to survive in the new world, but only you hide really well.

Where are you hiding in these case(s)

Case 1: Zombies

I hiding in an amazon warehouse, since it's got gates and food and dirt for my plants

Case 2: Xyz virus

I wouldn't leave home, well maybe for a island

Case 3: Robots

Inside the mountains, I shall died of vitamin D deficiency

Case 4: Aliens

I would hide in the open. So I would join there cause and help subude my fellow humans, but at night I would leading the rebellion.

Case 5: Natural Disaster

Mount Everest is good place to vacation, at such a time 

Note: You don't have to answer all the cases.

Tagged:

Comments

• 1. My ideas of zombies are things with good noses (like dogs) and so it'd be simple. I'd not hide. I'd always be prepared and constantly moving around.

2. Island with very few people and guaranteed to not have the virus.

3. I'd team with the robots to ensure my family's survival.

4. I'd let them abduct me and send me to Mars. Earth sucks. Good riddance.

5.I can't create something for this one. My idea of a natural disaster leads me to an earthquake, tremors and the world crumbling apart, but how can we hide for that?
  • Island.. So pretty safe from zombies.. Plus Maldives has lots of isolated islands.. Uninhabited ones. Hitch a ride to and live on one.

The Almighty Froppy
  • If they're uninhabited how are you going to survive? You'd need to learn the necessary skills, while also surviving other animals and the harsh environment. You'd probably die from that instead of the zombies lol.
  • edited January 2016
    The Amazon Warehouse thing is pretty smart, it would have pretty much everything you'd want.

Tools, power supply (tons of batteries and the like), technical books, camping/outdoors gear, clothes, probably even packaged long lasting food sources and medical stuff.

That's probably the smartest option at the start. Get in a car, and pretty much drive to the closest major warehouse and search for supplies there; supermarkets would be too obvious a target, everybody would head there, and the scope of items you find there would be more limited.

The warehouses would have powerful vehicles and vans and fuel and the like too, so you can store tons and tons in the larger vans and go hide somewhere while the world goes to hell.

After everything kinda settles down (i.e. the marauding surviving gangs either die out or go into hiding), maybe go to some coastal city and steal a yhact or something, and store everything there since boats can handle loads of weight and head to somewhere that seemed safe.

The country I currently live in imports the vast majority of it's food so I wouldn't be able to survive long if I remained there probably.

LoL makes me think actually.. if you guys have watched the show Doomsday Preppers.

A good way of prepping would be to have a large ship vessal and store tons of shit in it - and have things like solar panels for water supply. Stay just off the coast of the country while shit goes down. Sail back to the land when you need to resupply.

Once things start to calm, you can park in some river or beach. If shit goes down again, just sail away to some other part of the world.

+ Radios and the like to keep in contact with the surviving of the world.
  • edited January 2016
    EliteHaz said:

If they're uninhabited how are you going to survive? You'd need to learn the necessary skills, while also surviving other animals and the harsh environment. You'd probably die from that instead of the zombies lol.

You need to learn a couple things about Maldivian islands.

A: Coconut palm: (source of food, water, clothing and shelter) Trust me when I say this, there are entire firests of these on uninhabited islands.
    Yam, Breadfruit (many varieties) are natural in Maldives.
    B: Reef fish: Almost all the islands in Maldives is formed along the rims of Reef Atolls. This means Reef. It means fish. Have you seen Blue Lagoon?
    C: An atoll has 2 or more islands at minimum.

Lots of resources which are enough to sustain
    someone who knows how to survive.

D: Wild Animals: The most we get is tape worms which are not poisonous. Cats, rats etc. are only found on islands populated by people.

It is possible to get a croc and seals on our islands that could be considered as dangerous. But this is very rare.

You need to know which mushrooms are poisonous and your good to live on remote islands.

The Almighty Froppy
  • But, do you have skills like fishing, mushroom knowledge etc?
  • EliteHaz said:

But, do you have skills like fishing, mushroom knowledge etc?

Unfortunately, I do not know how to fish. Nor do I have mushroom knowledge, and furthermore, I cannot swim either. 

The Almighty Froppy
  • lol... no comment...