[Suggestion] Disqus for comment section?

How about using disqus for the comments so that readers can like and have also the best comments at top instead of the first commentors?

Comments

• and with disqus it is easier to discuss the chapters and exchange ideas
  • How about using disqus for the comments so that readers can like and have also the best comments at top instead of the first commentors?

F5 sect won't like this!
    mkashakh said:

and with disqus it is easier to discuss the chapters and exchange ideas

How would it differ from the current comment system?

---

I don't care for disqus. Whole lot of extra stuff to load, and doesn't really add much. Not to mention having yet another login and thing to manage.
  • it differs that you automatically know when someone replies to your comment.
    and i think most people who read manga already have an account so it won't bother them
    and finally it's not that bothersome to load
  • mkashakh said:

it differs that you automatically know when someone replies to your comment.

and i think most people who read manga already have an account so it won't bother them
    True, but I don't usually see very lengthy reply chains that would need this. Per chapter discussions aren't usually that long.
    Probably.
    Not if you live in rural areas where internet is bad (although that's a minority).
  • mkashakh said:

True, but I don't usually see very lengthy reply chains that would need this. Per chapter discussions aren't usually that long.
    Probably.
    Not if you live in rural areas where internet is bad (although that's a minority).
    If you are so against it then you must be a member of the f5 sect right?
  • mkashakh said:

Probably.
    If you are so against it then you must be a member of the f5 sect right?
    I'm not.

But picking out random chapters from all the random books, there isn't really any much conversation between users. There is a lot of "Thanks for the chapter!" (which is great), but I don't see anything that would require a whole new chat platform.

Don't forget about either wiping current comments (which would be crummy) or moving all current comments to Disqus. I haven't setup Disqus personally, I wonder how it is handled when you need thousands (for each chapter) of separate conversations. Managing that seems like a treat.
  • I also want disqus. Its easier and way more organized. And their price is very little.

The Almighty Froppy
  • But for what do we need it? Who even uses the chapter comments for discussions?
    If you want to talk with other people about a chap you can do it on the forums. We even have a subforum for that.
    Instead I think that a live chat would be way more useful. (there are even free irc plugins for wordpress)
  • Lowlav said:

I also want disqus. Its easier and way more organized. And their price is very little.

Why pay for a comment system when we have one?
    Ansraer said:

But for what do we need it? Who even uses the chapter comments for discussions?

If you want to talk with other people about a chap you can do it on the forums. We even have a subforum for that.
    Instead I think that a live chat would be way more useful. (there are even free irc plugins for wordpress)
    Exactly this.

A live chat with IRC would be great. Not sure what network though, I'm usually on Rizon.
  • Lowlav said:

I also want disqus. Its easier and way more organized. And their price is very little.

Ansraer said:

Exactly this.

A live chat with IRC would be great. Not sure what network though, I'm usually on Rizon.
    No it wouldn't, unless you are one of those guys who spam all day long crap spoilers and dumb pictures to get a kick out of it , of course this is my opinion and that is yours like the poeple above have their own with liking disqus . 
  • edited January 2016
    I know that there is a Lightnovels channel on freenode (linked next to all tdg chapters) and the few times I joined that channel we had a nice discussion without spoilers or spam. And if someone really wants to spam/spoiler something he can do it with pretty much any comment/chat.

• Lowlav said:

Ansraer said:

Exactly this.

No it wouldn't, unless you are one of those guys who spam all day long crap spoilers and dumb pictures to get a kick out of it , of course this is my opinion and that is yours like the poeple above have their own with liking disqus . 
    Hm? Which side is your opinion on, current comment system or Disqus?

I see there may have been some confusion in my wording for my last post so let me clear some of it up, with my views for each.

Current comment system vs Disqus:
    I don't see a need to spend extra effort to move to Disqus. Per chapter discussions tend to be very minimal at best, so having notifications for replies and top comment/pinned comments aren't necessary nor particularly helpful. Most discussions are either in major posts, or here in the forums. Forums are a far more robust system for discussions and opinion sharing (which is what we are doing now, and rather fluidly). So with the setup and migration to have separate per-chapter rooms for Disqus (not sure on their setup how easy this is), seems like a whole lot of effort for very little gain. I'm fairly sure RWX / Yn5an3 / whomever else helps with site would rather spend their time elsewhere than set it up.

My previous comment "A live chat with IRC would be great. Not sure what network though, I'm usually on Rizon.":
    This was directed toward the live chat on the side as more of a general chat across all of WW, not as a replacement for the comment system/Disqus. And with the IRC method of doing this with a WP plugin, it would be a bit more approachable from either the site or those that like IRC as well.

Hopefully that cleared some things up.

I'm not saying Disqus is bad, it has it's uses and can do so very well. But, is it worth it to be put on WW instead of the current system? I don't think so. Sure it would be fine if there were lengthy discussions on a per-chapter basis, but that doesn't happen, so why would it change with a new system?

If Disqus was on the main page, under the various categories, that would be a good spot for it (especially since there is not comment system on the main page), then it would be a talk of: "Disqus or IRC plugin for main page chat" and here I would lean to choose Disqus, it's very sleek and more approachable than IRC tends to be.

tl;dr

Keep current comment system for per-chapter basis.
    Disqus on main page would be cool though.