Swallowed Star Spoilers

Comments

• aashish said:

aashish said:

Hey guys, can anybody post the chinese-english translation for Swallowed star on here (like they have for MGA). I will use it to start MT SS because it looks really good but Translation is taking forever!! At this rate, it will take the rest of this year just to get through the current volume.

ive seen a lot of novels updated at a much slower rate so its not that bad.
    although it is weird that there is such a huge time gap after vol 5 chapter 34 was released and ch 35 still isnt out yet.
    im not complaining on the slow releases but i find it weird why the translator hasnt said anything like telling us if hes busy or something.
    translator is busy with exams. he said there won't be any chapters for about 2 weeks i think
    Bro.. its already been a month since he said that

i looked around and I couldnt find the place where he said that at all. i looked at every post after vol 5 ch 34 was posted up and didnt find anyhting
  • aashish said:

aashish said:

Hey guys, can anybody post the chinese-english translation for Swallowed star on here (like they have for MGA). I will use it to start MT SS because it looks really good but Translation is taking forever!! At this rate, it will take the rest of this year just to get through the current volume.

although it is weird that there is such a huge time gap after vol 5 chapter 34 was released and ch 35 still isnt out yet.
    im not complaining on the slow releases but i find it weird why the translator hasnt said anything like telling us if hes busy or something.
    translator is busy with exams. he said there won't be any chapters for about 2 weeks i think

The last chapter post was Oct. 12th. That was only only 11 days ago from my time zone...
  • aashish said:

aashish said:

The last chapter post was Oct. 12th. That was only only 11 days ago from my time zone...
    well he said two weeks before the last chapter was up and since then it has been a month.. so in about a month, he has posted one chapter
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • aashish said:

aashish said:

aashish said:

well he said two weeks before the last chapter was up and since then it has been a month.. so in about a month, he has posted one chapter
    It is a bit disappointing as a fan of the series, but RL happens. As I see it a couple of things can happen:

1. He can finish his RL issues and again get back to around 1CH/week
    2. He can decide that RL is too time consuming at this point and suspend his translations
    - at this point someone else may decide to pick up the translation
    3. (Not one I hope for because of the previous issues with ST and many others) someone else may decide they have waited long enough and just begin translating on their own

I have really enjoyed Zeb's translations so I hope he is able to continue doing so, but as long as we are dealing with real people and RL this is something that is out of a fan's control.
  • Has anybody read past the current translated part? If you have would you mind spoiling what happens on Australia or with that couple trying to kill him?
  • Has anybody read past the current translated part? If you have would you mind spoiling what happens on Australia or with that couple trying to kill him?

I read MT a long time ago so some of this may be off a little...

1. MC is training up and running around Australia. Li Yao sets up laser (I think it is raining) and almost gets MC with kill shot but b/c weather and his spirit sense he avoids. Then begins a long cat and mouse chase. MC cannot kill Li Yao b/c the black suit he has makes him impervious to the flying daggers. MC eventually flees underground and finds precious plants plus an emperor level monster. Hong shows up and they battle monster, I think Li Yao tries one last time to kill MC but fails. MC gets a lot of rewards from the Dojo of Limits for all of his discoveries in Australia and uses them to get the elixir of life for younger brother and also to power up more.

2. MC and rest of Elite Training Camp get sent to an Ancient (Alien) Ruin to train. B/c MC is a spirit reader the AI of the ruin gives him a different (and much harder) test. He basically gets locked in an energy prison and has to break out to get free. Everyone thinks he died b/c they cannot contact him in the energy prison. G/f is despondent and Paulinas family hire goons to try and take out MC family (they injure dad). After 1.5 or 3 years (cannot remember exact time amount) MC gets out, meets AI of some alien that crashed on planet and gets black suit plus some power ups. He powers up to level past War God and gets introduced into special society of people who have this virtual world where they meet and are all powers above War God. He also becomes inspector of Dojo of Limits in his town. Paulinas family is arrested for attacking MC family and woman is executed. LI Yao (who has also powered up past War God) spouts some crap and uses black suit to try and escape and kill MC but gets killed.

3. MC and g/f get together and she becomes pregnant. Meanwhile a new super emperor beast (star eater) starts eating other high level beasts and starts attacking humans. MC, Hong, head of Thunder Dojo and other super elites all try to kill monster but lose. MC uses a suicide attack that burns his life to power up a soul attack. He destroys monster soul but his body is burned up. Using a technique given by the AI of the alien (acts as his teacher) his soul takes over the body of the star eater. He gains a lot of power ups but is unable to move for awhile while assimilating to this new body. Everyone thinks he died again and he is named great hero of earth for saving humanity. G/f is all suicidal but he brother (in his one decent exchange) tells her they have to raise the babies and let them know of the heroic sacrifice of their father so she recovers. Another set of stupid people decide since MC was such a powerful existence he must have lots of treasures so they attack MC family. Ofc MC finally gets control of new body and can shape change to human form and shows up to teach them a lesson.

I will stop here for now this will get you several hundred chapters into the future....

1. MC is training up and running around Australia. Li Yao sets up laser (I think it is raining) and almost gets MC with kill shot but b/c weather and his spirit sense he avoids. Then begins a long cat and mouse chase. MC cannot kill Li Yao b/c the black suit he has makes him impervious to the flying daggers. MC eventually flees underground and finds precious plants plus an emperor level monster. Hong shows up and they battle monster, I think Li Yao tries one last time to kill MC but fails. MC gets a lot of rewards from the Dojo of Limits for all of his discoveries in Australia and uses them to get the elixir of life for younger brother and also to power up more.

2. MC and rest of Elite Training Camp get sent to an Ancient (Alien) Ruin to train. B/c MC is a spirit reader the AI of the ruin gives him a different (and much harder) test. He basically gets locked in an energy prison and has to break out to get free. Everyone thinks he died b/c they cannot contact him in the energy prison. G/f is despondent and Paulinas family hire goons to try and take out MC family (they injure dad). After 1.5 or 3 years (cannot remember exact time amount) MC gets out, meets AI of some alien that crashed on planet and gets black suit plus some power ups. He powers up to level past War God and gets introduced into special society of people who have this virtual world where they meet and are all powers above War God. He also becomes inspector of Dojo of Limits in his town. Paulinas family is arrested for attacking MC family and woman is executed. LI Yao (who has also powered up past War God) spouts some crap and uses black suit to try and escape and kill MC but gets killed.

3. MC and g/f get together and she becomes pregnant. Meanwhile a new super emperor beast (star eater) starts eating other high level beasts and starts attacking humans. MC, Hong, head of Thunder Dojo and other super elites all try to kill monster but lose. MC uses a suicide attack that burns his life to power up a soul attack. He destroys monster soul but his body is burned up. Using a technique given by the AI of the alien (acts as his teacher) his soul takes over the body of the star eater. He gains a lot of power ups but is unable to move for awhile while assimilating to this new body. Everyone thinks he died again and he is named great hero of earth for saving humanity. G/f is all suicidal but he brother (in his one decent exchange) tells her they have to raise the babies and let them know of the heroic sacrifice of their father so she recovers. Another set of stupid people decide since MC was such a powerful existence he must have lots of treasures so they attack MC family. Ofc MC finally gets control of new body and can shape change to human form and shows up to teach them a lesson.

I will stop here for now this will get you several hundred chapters into the future....

Now we just twiddle our fingers and count the years until we reach that point... lol we might as well learn chinese in that amount of time

I'd clarify that by the end of the Australia arc Hong will remove the MC from the elite training camp as he has become too powerful for it.
  • Here's the spoiler that I know about SS. Sadly, I have forgotten a lot of name but it will tell you generally know what is happening 

After the arc of Lou Feng being the owner of Earth, Lou Feng shares with his two brothers, Hung and The Lightning Manual Guy about the Virtual Reality. After so many duel, some expert of the virtual reality company sees their potential and wants to scout them. He show them ask what level is their planet at. Level 1 is like for those planet that survive the virus. All three of them are like lv 2 or 3. The man is shocked as their potential is so high. This is because one's power is highly depended on one's gene. The guy gives three of them two option. One is a higher grade serum with another one lower serum. To obtain the higher grade serum, they have to work for the company. The serum is like the dragon blood. Basically, it can improve their gene. 

Later there is this one whole competition arc and some arc.

Lou Feng enters this place where time is dilated and all the genius is gather. At here, There are mission. Lou Feng takes mission that have 90% fatality but he finds out the truth behind such a mission. There are actually precious treasures. There is like 30++ where he undertakes the mission. At one mission, he goes to this place where there is this mythical treasure called, 'Blood Luo Jing' something along the line. It appears combining ten of this blood and fusing 10 of them, one can be a Blood Warrior or something. However, it proves to be harder than he thinks. His human body can hardly take 1 or 2 of them. For the behemoth body, he can easily take 10+.. He notice a difference (Note: This item is kinda important as the MC still uses it and there is another use in it) 

Luo Feng then receives a mission. One of them is to judge his grandson for the crimes that he have made. After Luo Feng becomes super strong, the Luo family's influence is fairly strong. Luo Feng sentence his grandson to death. There is another mission to judge his father's crime. It appears that his father is too addicted to the virtual reality game that he cannot differentiate from it. His father's guild slaughter the enemies of the virtual reality game in real life. Lou Feng did not do anything to his father but rather consult to him. 

Later, it talks about the this Protoss lineage but apparently only people in Earth is able to learn it. Learning it will allow them to increase in power. 

• Wait the mc killed his grandson why is his grandson evil? What's up with his dad?
  • IET went totally random in this one lol
  • IET went totally random in this one lol

Probably went something like this: "Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice? Why not Sci-Fi, Xianxia & Fantasy? Oh, yeah, I remember this game I played, what was it called... Spore! Right! I'll add some of those elements too in my intergalactic travels! But aren't VR novels popular those days too? Great! I'll add some of it too! What did I forget... I must be forgetting something... Oh well, I'll add it when I remember it..."
  • Sinros said:

IET went totally random in this one lol

Probably went something like this: "Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice? Why not Sci-Fi, Xianxia & Fantasy? Oh, yeah, I remember this game I played, what was it called... Spore! Right! I'll add some of those elements too in my intergalactic travels! But aren't VR novels popular those days too? Great! I'll add some of it too! What did I forget... I must be forgetting something... Oh well, I'll add it when I remember it..."
    well to be fair, the VR in this story falls under the sci-fi section. it's not it's own independent plot like with zhan long, LMS, Ark, ect.
  • Vexram said:

Sinros said:

well to be fair, the VR in this story falls under the sci-fi section. it's not it's own independent plot like with zhan long, LMS, Ark, ect.
    Well SS Cosmos was Hongmeng's first creation so it makes sense that it would be a little weird.
  • Kiba said:

Vexram said:

Sinros said:

Well SS Cosmos was Hongmeng's first creation so it makes sense that it would be a little weird.
    wait was that confirmed?
  • the spoilers have just made SS go weird! 

do the normal citizens no about alien races, other planets etc?

what is this virtual reality thing? is it just a social meeting place to do trades, discuss etc? do some sort of mental training?

is there any interaction with his wife or does he do a Linley and kinda forget her for long periods of 'training'?

Roger Smith - have you finished the story? I wanna know more spoilers!
  • Necroloth said:

the spoilers have just made SS go weird! 

what is this virtual reality thing? is it just a social meeting place to do trades, discuss etc? do some sort of mental training?

is there any interaction with his wife or does he do a Linley and kinda forget her for long periods of 'training'?

It has been a long time since i read this and since then i have read many other stories so i an not totally clear anymore but from what i remember....

1. normal citizens are not aware of anything outside of the towns they live in and what they are told about the fighters of the world. if you remember most of humanity is now gathered in a few large cities that are surrounded by walls (almost like attack of titan manga). travel is too expensive and the wilderness is deadly so they live their lives in isolation

2. The VR is more than just a meeting place, i know that Hong comes to meet with the other super experts there. I think there is the ability to trade and train, etc but i dont remember much more other than MC was awestruck when he first entered to see how many of the super experts really exist. One good thing about the VR space is that since the cities are so isolated its a way for these experts from all over the world to get together in one place without having to travel in the real worlf

3. He spends a lot of time away from his family in training, gaining different powers, etc... he does make most of his family immortal over the course of the story then at the end he takes all of humanity to a new universe/plane away from all the monsters (this is where author kind of gave up because MC became so OP he just kinda leaves the end.. open ended)
  • Necroloth said:

the spoilers have just made SS go weird! 

It has been a long time since i read this and since then i have read many other stories so i an not totally clear anymore but from what i remember....

1. normal citizens are not aware of anything outside of the towns they live in and what they are told about the fighters of the world. if you remember most of humanity is now gathered in a few large cities that are surrounded by walls (almost like attack of titan manga). travel is too expensive and the wilderness is deadly so they live their lives in isolation

2. The VR is more than just a meeting place, i know that Hong comes to meet with the other super experts there. I think there is the ability to trade and train, etc but i dont remember much more other than MC was awestruck when he first entered to see how many of the super experts really exist. One good thing about the VR space is that since the cities are so isolated its a way for these experts from all over the world to get together in one place without having to travel in the real worlf

3. He spends a lot of time away from his family in training, gaining different powers, etc... he does make most of his family immortal over the course of the story then at the end he takes all of humanity to a new universe/plane away from all the monsters (this is where author kind of gave up because MC became so OP he just kinda leaves the end.. open ended)
    The VR on earth is a simplified version of the one in the greater universe. Hong found it and made a simplified one that he uses to connect all the Wargod's and higher experts on earth. Later when Luo Feng leaves earth he brings back the original and shares it with Earth's Powers. It is used as a social meeting place, training, trading, tournaments, auctions, and personal space(home, library).

He spends most of his time training. He gets his wife and family a VR helmet so they can talk pretty often, but only sees his family every century or so and sometime it might be 1000 years or so between meetings.
  • in volume 5 chapter 64 (current volume), Luo Feng will get an escape shuttle (systranet translates it -escaping day shuttle)...

does anyone know the true meaning of this item? usually "day" is translated as heaven... better to have correct meaning if possible..

I read from chapter that it is a flying devise sort of... 

• matricha said:

in volume 5 chapter 64 (current volume), Luo Feng will get an escape shuttle (systranet translates it -escaping day shuttle)...

does anyone know the true meaning of this item? usually "day" is translated as heaven... better to have correct meaning if possible..

I read from chapter that it is a flying devise sort of... 

Yes. He purchases an airplane with all of the contribution points he has earned. It is basically a small fighter jet. It is not as OP as Hong's but still pretty powerful
  • aside from plane, this item looks to be different, his jet is called something like - intelligent warcraft - or something similar..
    this shuttle items shold be different...
  • edited January 2016
    matricha said:

aside from plane, this item looks to be different, his jet is called something like - intelligent warcraft - or something similar..
    this shuttle items shold be different...

There are levels of fighter jets/planes. The one Hong has is a new generation one that has a more powerful AI and stuff (betters weapons, better armor, etc) but its cost is beyond belief. The jet that LF purchases is like a last generation jet. It has a powerful weapon and is fast but does not do all things Hongs jet can. Also I think it is smaller (like it can only hold a couple of people).

Don't get me wrong when he goes to see his family and GF in the jet everyone freaks out because very few people in the world can afford a jet... it just is not as powerful as the top level jets. Remember he is just starting out and some of the Wargod and stronger than Wargod level fighters have been racking up money and contribution points for decades.
  • beware spoiling spoilers...

i am copy/pasting from systranet translation: it is not fighter jet, different item... i just wanna know what it is called...

book5 chap 63
    Certainly also has "Spirit of exchange To read Teacher Foundation", the black god coverall and escaping day shuttle 
    and Wang Ji the intelligence fighter aircraft, these four types. And black god coverall, obtains free.

book5 chap 64 (he is inside his plane)

In the combination-locked briefcase Luo Feng points at has delimited, ka, the box opens automatically.
    The box most surface layer, is an instruction booklet, Luo Feng opens to look that smiled; "Introduction is very detailed,
    the black god coverall and the escaping day shuttle, rare book and vegetation spirit, really have the detailed introduction.

• matricha said:

beware spoiling spoilers...

i am copy/pasting from systranet translation: it is not fighter jet, different item... i just wanna know what it is called...

book5 chap 63

Certainly also has "Spirit of exchange To read Teacher Foundation", the black god coverall and escaping day shuttle 
    and Wang Ji the intelligence fighter aircraft, these four types. And black god coverall, obtains free.

book5 chap 64 (he is inside his plane)

In the combination-locked briefcase Luo Feng points at has delimited, ka, the box opens automatically.
    The box most surface layer, is an instruction booklet, Luo Feng opens to look that smiled; "Introduction is very detailed,
    the black god coverall and the escaping day shuttle, rare book and vegetation spirit, really have the detailed introduction.

ah sorry that is a weapon/shield device (it can change shape). Apparently it is from the ancient civilizations like the place he got trapped in and it is most effective with spiritual readers.
  • What will happen to the spirit of natures?Who will get them?What happens during this part?
  • edited January 2016
    When does MC and the Xu Xin admit they like each other?
  • Arixii said:

They've been in a quasi relationship for awhile. Their relationship was opposed by her family, once he entered the top 100 in the Elite Training Camp (in his first month there) her family no longer opposed them being together.
  • edited January 2016
    Brega said:

Arixii said:

They've been in a quasi relationship for awhile. Their relationship was opposed by her family, once he entered the top 100 in the Elite Training Camp (in his first month there) her family no longer opposed them being together.
    Yeah I just go to that point a bit ago - was wondering if they ever verbally acknowledged it. I guess they have an unsaid understanding that they both care for each other.
    Thanks for the clarifcation.
  • edited January 2016
    Arixii said:

Brega said:

Arixii said:

Yeah I just go to that point a bit ago - was wondering if they ever verbally acknowledged it. I guess they have an unsaid understanding that they both care for each other.
    Thanks for the clarifcation.
    When he gets back from the Wilderness Training in Australia he has become so OP that Hong "forcibly" graduates him from the school because his strength is beyond wargod level. Some stuff (that I explain below) happens and he goes to see Xu Xin and they "formally" start dating. Her brother realizing what a once in a lifetime genius that he is actually tries to encourage XX lol.

What will happen to the spirit of natures?Who will get them?What happens during this part?

So the Dojo of Limits people will show up in the next chapter or two and claim that LF was first to discover the island. The Inspector will fight with Vulture Team for a bit and then the dude in the mask will get impatient and show up... he is way stronger than the others so they give up and the Dojo gets the Spirits. More stuff happens (there is an Emperor Level beast on the island) and Hong and crew show up. LF gets a ton of contribution points to the Dojo and some unique treasures from the island. When he gets back he is able to trade for the water of life to heal is bro he also gets the plane. He then is sent with some top geniuses to an Ancient Ruin in the Amazon and gets the super hard test because he is a spirit reader. Everyone thinks he dies (no other spirit reader had ever taken the test so they did not know about it before hand) so the craptastic vulture family decide to ruin his family with thugs. His GF wants to commit suicide, etc... then he get done with the test meets an ancient ai that becomes his "master/teacher", learns about aliens, the ruin is actually a spaceship that crashed on earth. It was attacked by another alien and its ship also crashed. The second ship had a super sharp and hard metal with MC takes (sword). He goes back and the vulture family is arrested. They remain defiant until the end and the wife is killed. The husband uses some technique with his black god suit to escape from the executioners and MC attacks him. Vulture husband thinks he will kill MC so he waits and plans to use his black god suit to stab him. MC uses the metal from the ship to behead him even with black god suit (it is very sharp lol). 

After a big celebration on his return (he is now above WG level, he is made instructor of dojo of limits in his town (high level position) and is shown the virtual world that the gods above WG meet up in. He also makes his GF preggo.

Then more stuff happens but that gets pretty far into the initial (on earth) part of the story