Ask Anything (Granddaddy Spoiler Thread)

Comments

• Will Ke Jiusi and Night join the war? Night is very OP and should be paragon level. Also how did they win the war with the 33 heavens?
    Yes but
    they didn't win the war, in fact they barely escaped from 33 heavens, immortal mainland and demon mainland if meng hao didn't blow up his last lamp severely injuring the pursuers.

Blowing up his last lamp does that mean that his cultivation base is crippled then?
    Not only cripple he should be dead if the bronze lamp didn't save him.
    opils said:
    So in the end what happens to 33 heavens and 2 outsider forces?
    If you mean after the war, they established new seal around M&S Butterfly however the seal can't affect cultivation anymore and only exist as a hurdle for someone want to leave. Long after that, after reaching trancendent MH came back and destroyed all 33 heavens leaving Paragon Yi Gu (Eego) alive
    It turned out at some point he restore his consciousness but voluntary protect M&S because he feel attached to M&S especially the new generation whom he watch grow up. During the time of M&S Butterfly he is one of paragon protector along with Ke Jiusi, MH Grandpa and De Cang (Ksitigarbha)

For the two mainland it's a little bit complicated
    The real ones already long gone, annihilated by allheaven except for some survivors. and the current one is a fake created from Allheaven memories and planting false memories about their trancendent (God and Devil is gone or dead) and they just do Allheaven bidding. Basically when MH confronted the two mainland, at Immortal God Mainland someone show up at the end (dont know who he is but it's not the transcendent himself) and explaining the real situation to MH, he also send the survivors to outside of this universe including Wang Clan, Choumen Tai show up at Devil Mainland as a representative of his master, he help disperse the fake, sending survivors (strangely the survivors were including Li clan) outside of this universe and explaining the real situation.

• I know that MH chooses to become a Demon but at what chapter does it happens? I want to save chapters up till that point

• I know that MH chooses to become a Demon but at what chapter does it happens? I want to save chapters up till that point

if im not incorrect it was after the mountain and sea realm was destoryed and he was revived by the boundless sect
  • so in latest chapter is stated that paragon immortal world was before paragon Demon world before allhaven immortal ? What happened why they changed cultivation path in that of immortality ?? is there anything in raws ?

• Please give me vague spoilers of when the war with the 33 heavens end(just by which chapter, no specifics please)
    the same for when he gets the 4 and 1 hex. Is it during the 33 heavens war?
    sorry if this has been answered already dont wanna spoil myself more than that
  • edited March 2017
    inarutol said:
    Please give me vague spoilers of when the war with the 33 heavens end(just by which chapter, no specifics please)
    the same for when he gets the 4 and 1 hex. Is it during the 33 heavens war?
    sorry if this has been answered already dont wanna spoil myself more than that
    around chapter 1400 (33 heavens and those 2 grand forces) and the hexes he gets during war well the 1st is given near the end of war ;)
  • Why did the boundless sect revive meng hao and why aren't they under allheavens influence
  • DireDood said:
    Why did the boundless sect revive meng hao and why aren't they under allheavens influence
    They didnt plan on reviving him they wanted their 9th elder to possess his body but due to an accident MH woke up and imprisoned the 9th elders soul within his body until he became dao source at which point he revived the 9th elder  
  • Did they have bad/greedy intentions when possessing Meng Hao. If they did then why did Meng Hao revive him? If not then what was the reason for possessing him?
    You are either on my side,
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • opils said:
    Did they have bad/greedy intentions when possessing Meng Hao. If they did then why did Meng Hao revive him? If not then what was the reason for possessing him?
    The 9th supreme elder thought that meng hao's body didn't have a soul, so he prepared meng hao's body to restore it's power so he can possess it. He's unlucky for not knowing that meng hao is just hiding on his own body and the supreme elder got imprisoned instead. :smiley: 
  • opils said:
    Did they have bad/greedy intentions when possessing Meng Hao. If they did then why did Meng Hao revive him? If not then what was the reason for possessing him?
    I haven't read it but they probably thought he was dead and decided to use a good body.
  • xaryte said:
    opils said:
    I haven't read it but they probably thought he was dead and decided to use a good body.
    that was actually the case, because they sensed i think 9 essences from him and he was just a perfect vessel for possession as it is not often that you find 9 essence paragon body lying around in perfect condition...
  • xaryte said:
    opils said:
    that was actually the case, because they sensed i think 9 essences from him and he was just a perfect vessel for possession as it is not often that you find 9 essence paragon body lying around in perfect condition...
    yes they sensed he was very strong. I don't know if what they sensed were the essences or his fleshly body cultivation base but the fun thing is that before the 9th elder attempted to possess Meng Hao they improved his body to the boundless dao level (which is probably the 9 essences paragon level or the daosource level for fleshly body cultivation, i don't know which one of the two) using a LOT of resources.
  • Wait, so after the war MH is 9 essences (sorta) in cultivation AND body?
  • Wait, so after the war MH is 9 essences (sorta) in cultivation AND body?
    As i said his body was upgraded by the Boundless Sect elders, as someone else said his cultivation is technically still in the ancient realm but he can use his 8 hexes as essences and he also begins to have an idea of how to make his 9th hex. During the end of the war he uses his soul lamps as bombs detonating them to slow down the foreigners from devil and god continents while the survivors from M&S flee, after that he drifts in space for 1000 years his soul nearly dissipates but then the lamp he got from the ancient immortal daoist rite temple back on planet South Heaven begins to radiate light and MH understands that it is the soul lamp of a VERY powerful being and uses it to nourish his soul, he doesn't wake up on the spot in fact he is brought to the Boundless Sect while still unconscious (this is when the body streanghening happens and they try to possess him), basically MH gets a single soul lamp(as strong as his previous 33 combined) from this powerful person which is lit making him an ancient realm. 
    By the way, yes later he will extinguish it, and also the identity of the powerful being is revealed.
  • tombec94 said:
    Wait, so after the war MH is 9 essences (sorta) in cultivation AND body?
    As i said his body was upgraded by the Boundless Sect elders, as someone else said his cultivation is technically still in the ancient realm but he can use his 8 hexes as essences and he also begins to have an idea of how to make his 9th hex. During the end of the war he uses his soul lamps as bombs detonating them to slow down the foreigners from devil and god continents while the survivors from M&S flee, after that he drifts in space for 1000 years his soul nearly dissipates but then the lamp he got from the ancient immortal daoist rite temple back on planet South Heaven begins to radiate light and MH understands that it is the soul lamp of a VERY powerful being and uses it to nourish his soul, he doesn't wake up on the spot in fact he is brought to the Boundless Sect while still unconscious (this is when the body streanghening happens and they try to possess him), basically MH gets a single soul lamp(as strong as his previous 33 combined) from this powerful person which is lit making him an ancient realm. 
    By the way, yes later he will extinguish it, and also the identity of the powerful being is revealed.
    Is the identity a protagonist from one of the prequels?
  • tombec94 said:
    Wait, so after the war MH is 9 essences (sorta) in cultivation AND body?
    Is the identity a protagonist from one of the prequels?
    the bronze lamp belong to boundless sect ancestor which is the transcendent from ghost path. Basically even paragon has a limit to their longevity and the 9th elder is dying but the sect need his specific ability for their journey to boundless sect ancestral city, MH body is upgraded but not yet reach transcendent (boundless dao or heaven trampling or dao source) as he reach transcendent in cultivation, body, and soul at almost the same time.
  • I actually regretted reading all the way through to the end of this novel tbh, I enjoyed up to the previous arc before the outsider race b/c i didnt really like how er gen wrote the last parts, felt rushed and a little confusing.

The entire mountain and sea realm is basically destroyed along with most everyone who lived on it and shui dongli sacrifices himself to give meng hao a power up and let the realm flee in the form of a butterfly but meng hao still isn't enough and is "killed" while allowing the realm butterfly to escape. He then "revives" and lives different reincarnations (this part was actually interesting so i didn't regret this part) until he gains enlightenment and gets a power boost when he comes back and defeats the outsiders. He doesn't/can't really revive all the dead people so he reincarnates everyone who died but tries to make them happy such as reincarnating his parents to be husband and wife again, fan donger becomes a legendary mortal, the father son from the sealing sect reincarnates as father and son again, etc etc...... and xu qing who hadn't died so she could still stay with meng hao and chu yuyan also returns at the end as her old self since she died prior to the war and her soul was already undergoing some type of reincarnation.

• This has been bothering me for a while now. Meng Haos soul lamps get destroyed but 1 remains and he extinguishes it to reach dao realm. But doesn't that destroy his foundation in Ancient realm. I'm trying to say that if he didn't destroy his soul lamps and successfully blew them out would he be more powerful then he is right now with only the 33rd extinguished lamp? (Sorry for my bad english)
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • opils said:
    This has been bothering me for a while now. Meng Haos soul lamps get destroyed but 1 remains and he extinguishes it to reach dao realm. But doesn't that destroy his foundation in Ancient realm. I'm trying to say that if he didn't destroy his soul lamps and successfully blew them out would he be more powerful then he is right now with only the 33rd extinguished lamp? (Sorry for my bad english)
    Because meng hao have the bronze so It's just the same whether he blew it up or not as he already have the 9 essense that shui dongliu gave to him. In fact if not meng hao dying (hiding) he won't be able to meet the 9th elder on boundless sect and making meng hao's body more powerful lol. :smile: 
  • opils said:
    This has been bothering me for a while now. Meng Haos soul lamps get destroyed but 1 remains and he extinguishes it to reach dao realm. But doesn't that destroy his foundation in Ancient realm. I'm trying to say that if he didn't destroy his soul lamps and successfully blew them out would he be more powerful then he is right now with only the 33rd extinguished lamp? (Sorry for my bad english)
    Because meng hao have the bronze so It's just the same whether he blew it up or not as he already have the 9 essense that shui dongliu gave to him. In fact if not meng hao dying (hiding) he won't be able to meet the 9th elder on boundless sect and making meng hao's body more powerful lol. :smile: 
    Thanks. Appreciate it.
    By my side,
    Or in my FUCKING WAY!
          Choose wisely....
  • opils said:
    At first i was worried about this too but it is stated that the bronze soul lamp is as strong as his previous 33 lamps combined.
  • Why was the bronze lamp just conveniently in the Immortal Ancient Daoist Rite? The boundless sect isn't even part of the M&S so why would their ancestors soul lamp be there?
  • most of the people around are not the real people from ancient times just people who were given the memories off those people as far as i remember
  • DireDood said:
    Why was the bronze lamp just conveniently in the Immortal Ancient Daoist Rite? The boundless sect isn't even part of the M&S so why would their ancestors soul lamp be there?
    That is never explained properly, anyways boundless sect ancestor is THE GHOST and it is implied that he died and this made his immortal path turn into the ghost path, perhaps one of his soul lamps ended up in the Ancient Daoist Rite temple of the paragon immortal realm and then after its destruction on South Heaven.

injamambivu said:
    most of the people around are not the real people from ancient times just people who were given the memories off those people as far as i remember

About that you are mistaken. Allheaven recreated the devil and god continents and their people after having destroyed them, but he never destroyed boundless sect so they aren't fakes and are the same people from ancient times.
  • This still gets me. MH goes through everything, even the 10 stages of Qi condensation and all that. Yet a single soul lamp of a detached is as strong as his own 33 lamps combined? Isn't he on his path to detached as well?

Also, I noticed that Renegade heaven has 15 layers of Qi condensation. Is there a comparison on how this works out? I mean, in the end, detached beings are roughly similar in power right? So is the 15 layers of power roughly the same as 10 layers?

Also, Shui Dinglui isn't participating in the war, why?

So many questions lol. Sorry.
  • edited April 2017
    This still gets me. MH goes through everything, even the 10 stages of Qi condensation and all that. Yet a single soul lamp of a detached is as strong as his own 33 lamps combined? Isn't he on his path to detached as well?

Also, I noticed that Renegade heaven has 15 layers of Qi condensation. Is there a comparison on how this works out? I mean, in the end, detached beings are roughly similar in power right? So is the 15 layers of power roughly the same as 10 layers?

1. Every cultivator has his own path for exemple MH is in the ancient realm but can fight dao ream, his soul lamps make him as strong a dao realm even thought he uses ancient mana instead of essence, his battle prowess makes him stronger than his real cultivation level. It seems pretty normal to me that in ancient times, in a place which isn't restricted by a seal which affects your cultivation level(unlike M&S plane), there existed someone whose battle prowess excedeed MH, this explains the bronze soul lamp power.

2. It is not simple to compare the two cultivation methods, you could say that the 13th level of qi condensation in ISSTH and the 15th in RI are roughly on par however the cultivation method of RI is essentially different from the one in ISSTH. Actually the whole path is different, in fact the people from god immortal continent, whose patriatch is THE GOD (Wang Lin), follow the god immortal path, the people from devil continent follow the devil path and so on. I'll tell you something interesting:
    A. In book 9 MH has a clone which gets more than 123 immortal meridians and then more than 33 soul lamps, this means that no cultivation method is definite.
    B. Also in issth after daosource there is another realm called ancestor, MH reaches the stage after ancestor and he doesn't know what to call it because in issth universe no one had ever reached it, it is implied that there are more levels after this nameless realm and that cultivation is endless and whichever path one chooses it leads in the same direction.

Talking about cultivation for Er Gen novels is hard because he has a unique philosphical way of writing about it.

3. I won't answer the question about Shui Dongliu, you will understand everything in 20-30 chapters.
  • After reading about 50 chapters of ISSTH about a while ago, I stopped and am now starting it again. I don't really feel like reading it over so can someone give me a recap?

In particular here are a few questions I have

1. Where did Meng Hao get his current cultivation method (forgot the name)?
    2. I recall he got a treasure bamboo sword and cloned it. Where did he get this again? I recall someone from a big family was fighting a monster while Meng Hao snuck into a cave and stole the treasures. What was the exact location and why were they there? Later, Meng Hao beat him in a duel with the duel swords. What was the reason for the fight?
    3. Why is the former elder of the reliance sect chasing him? Was it personal or just because he suspects Meng Hao has treasures?
    4. I remember a bunch of sects gathering at the Reliance sect and took all of the inner disciples besides Meng Hao. Why did the sects gather there? Where did the other inner disciples go? I only remember two inner disciples, a girl and a talkative guy.

Thanks!
  • tombec94 said:
    This still gets me. MH goes through everything, even the 10 stages of Qi condensation and all that. Yet a single soul lamp of a detached is as strong as his own 33 lamps combined? Isn't he on his path to detached as well?

1. Every cultivator has his own path for exemple MH is in the ancient realm but can fight dao ream, his soul lamps make him as strong a dao realm even thought he uses ancient mana instead of essence, his battle prowess makes him stronger than his real cultivation level. It seems pretty normal to me that in ancient times, in a place which isn't restricted by a seal which affects your cultivation level(unlike M&S plane), there existed someone whose battle prowess excedeed MH, this explains the bronze soul lamp power.

2. It is not simple to compare the two cultivation methods, you could say that the 13th level of qi condensation in ISSTH and the 15th in RI are roughly on par however the cultivation method of RI is essentially different from the one in ISSTH. Actually the whole path is different, in fact the people from god immortal continent, whose patriatch is THE GOD (Wang Lin), follow the god immortal path, the people from devil continent follow the devil path and so on. I'll tell you something interesting:
    A. In book 9 MH has a clone which gets more than 123 immortal meridians and then more than 33 soul lamps, this means that no cultivation method is definite.
    B. Also in issth after daosource there is another realm called ancestor, MH reaches the stage after ancestor and he doesn't know what to call it because in issth universe no one had ever reached it, it is implied that there are more levels after this nameless realm and that cultivation is endless and whichever path one chooses it leads in the same direction.

Talking about cultivation for Er Gen novels is hard because he has a unique philosphical way of writing about it.

3. I won't answer the question about Shui Dongliu, you will understand everything in 20-30 chapters.
    Fair enough. Thank you again.
  • Ninzex said:
    After reading about 50 chapters of ISSTH about a while ago, I stopped and am now starting it again. I don't really feel like reading it over so can someone give me a recap?

In particular here are a few questions I have

1. Where did Meng Hao get his current cultivation method (forgot the name)?
    2. I recall he got a treasure bamboo sword and cloned it. Where did he get this again? I recall someone from a big family was fighting a monster while Meng Hao snuck into a cave and stole the treasures. What was the exact location and why were they there? Later, Meng Hao beat him in a duel with the duel swords. What was the reason for the fight?
    3. Why is the former elder of the reliance sect chasing him? Was it personal or just because he suspects Meng Hao has treasures?
    4. I remember a bunch of sects gathering at the Reliance sect and took all of the inner disciples besides Meng Hao. Why did the sects gather there? Where did the other inner disciples go? I only remember two inner disciples, a girl and a talkative guy.

Thanks!
    It would probably just be better to read the 50 chapters.