Dao

We just learned of the heavenly daos, so what are these heavenly daos? Are they similar to the High magic- life, death, oracular and destruction deconstructed or are they totally different? Also does Ji Ning ever master one?.

Comments

• Heavenly Daos are the underpinning of the Three Realms. Basically, there is "Water", "Fire", "Wood", "Gold", "Thunder" (iirc), "Space-Time", "Chaos", and maybe some others I am forgetting offhand.

The 'supreme beings' of the Three Realms all have learned at least one Heavenly Daos, and most likely more. Ji Ning obviously does too.
  • No, the supreme beings in the world are those who have atleast reaches True Immortal or God, directly after Celestial Immortal or God.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • edited January 2016

No, the supreme beings in the world are those who have atleast reaches True Immortal or God, directly after Celestial Immortal or God.

No
    Spoiler:

True Immortal or True God are unlocked, amongst other things, by getting a Grand Dao. Ancestral Immortal and Ancestral God, on the other hand, need a Heavenly Dao. Those are the supreme beings, though for various reasons, in the Pangu realm, Ancestral God > Ancestral Immortal (and power wise True God = Ancestral Immortal, though not insight wise).
  • edited January 2016
    Actually, you can still be considered a supreme being at True God.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • Actually, you can still be considered a supreme being at True God.

Yes, but that is
    Spoiler:
    Because even if you have a Heavenly Dao it's super hard to be a Ancestral God. So a lot of True God have Heavenly Daos but still can't breakthrough. Well, 'lots'.

There are of course exceptions like Daoist Treelives who relied on Starseizer Hands to be considered 'supreme'.

Also, power wise in the three realms True God = Ancestral Immortal.
  • Arkeus said:

Actually, you can still be considered a supreme being at True God.

Yes, but that is
    Spoiler:
    Because even if you have a Heavenly Dao it's super hard to be a Ancestral God. So a lot of True God have Heavenly Daos but still can't breakthrough. Well, 'lots'.

There are of course exceptions like Daoist Treelives who relied on Starseizer Hands to be considered 'supreme'.

Also, power wise in the three realms True God = Ancestral Immortal.

Also, a True Immortal with a Class 1 Dantian is a Supreme Being as well.
  • edited January 2016

Also, a True Immortal with a Class 1 Dantian is a Supreme Being as well.

Not really, given that, a, those will only appear when they won't be supreme beings anymore and, b, what makes some True god qualify for Supreme being is that even with a Heavenly Dao they can't easily get to Ancestral God, so thye are much superior to normal True God.

As far as I know there was never any example of a Class 1 Dantian True Immortal with a Heavenly Dao.

• Quick question, apart from the Grand Dao of the Sword, what other Daos thoes Ji Ning manages to get insights to?
  • He has the rainwater sword dao domain, and the inferno dao domain.

• Can someone who has read ahead tell me what the Dao of Taiji is. From how Immortal Diancai talks about it it should be some kind of technical Dao like the Dao of the sword.
  • rickayelm said:

He has the rainwater sword dao domain, and the inferno dao domain.

When does ji Ning get his inferno dao domain I cant find it in the translations
  • In book 8 chapter 7 when his master gives him permission to go out adventuring it mentions that he has opened up the Dao Domain of Inferno.
  • Aww what a pity we dont get to read a descriptive paragraph about his inferno dao domain like when he first comprehend his rainwater dao..no wonder I cant find it
  • edited January 2016
    Since he also uses the element wind, has anyone read if he gains a dao domain for it later on?
  • rickayelm said:

Can someone who has read ahead tell me what the Dao of Taiji is. From how Immortal Diancai talks about it it should be some kind of technical Dao like the Dao of the sword.

The Dao of Taiji is a dao of opposites such as yin and yang. It's a Taoism thing, which allowed him to develop his fire and water, which are opposites of each other.
  • rickayelm said:

Can someone who has read ahead tell me what the Dao of Taiji is. From how Immortal Diancai talks about it it should be some kind of technical Dao like the Dao of the sword.

Dao of Taiji actually refers to the whole martial arts part, and is about agility/dodging. People who have it are usually really, really hard to touch.
  • Arkeus said:

rickayelm said:

Dao of Taiji actually refers to the whole martial arts part, and is about agility/dodging. People who have it are usually really, really hard to touch.
    Still, it is based off of the concept of Yin and Yang, which allowed Ji Ning to progress in his fire and water art. It is a philosophy that movement generates yang and tranquility generates yin. 
  • The truth is, in the later parts of the books, everytime Ji Ning cultivates he learns a dao to at least eternal level, which is after the grand dao
  • so when does he learn a complete dao path because they are making it sound like its some overpowered shit
  • When does he reach dao domain level in tbe dao of sword
  • When does he reach dao domain level in tbe dao of sword
    Unsure- Either during his fight against Chen, or a bit later on at the closure of an arc in another underwater world.
  • when does he complete a dao
  • Other than the Grand dao of the sword, taiji, and constructs what are the other known Grand daos. And Heavenly daos.

• each element has a heavenly dao, life death destruction, and i think they introduce some later

• There is the Grand Dao of Karma, I think there is this heavenly dao of Light which is super op ( used by some super strong cultivators in the late part of the book because of its speed and magic damage), Grand Dao of Claw, and many many more. What I mentioned are the more popular ones used in the latter part of the story line.