Heavenly Jewel Change - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• You know, Zhou Weiqing reminded me of a machi man at the end.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • When difuya meets bing'er...

Also we just found out that difyuya wants to get with a 30yr old...
  • Well, the most recent chapter isn't done yet. So back up to the last one, pretty good.

Overall, HJC = Hilarious.

Zhou Weiqing is making a pretty serious bid for favorite character WW.
  • Well, the most recent chapter isn't done yet. So back up to the last one, pretty good.

Overall, HJC = Hilarious.

Zhou Weiqing is making a pretty serious bid for favorite character WW.

Zhou Weiqing is probably the character with the most character out of all the Xianxia protagonists I've read about. Meng Hao and Yun Che are also good. All the other protagonists are very similiar to each other and it feels like if you switched them with each other nothing would really change. However I don't really read xianxia for the main character I read it for the world-building. A good main just makes it better.
  • edited February 2016
    Maybe. Ming Hua's brother might be protective and all, but there's probably no one else in the world that understands him better than Zhou Weiqing. There's some connection between these three-- Anyhow, I don't think Zhou Weiqing will give in this easily, after all, Ming Hua did act a little shameless and refuse to leave. Can't wait for the next few chapters though, they're probably gonna be all about seduction and teasing. Mmhm.
  • i smell trouble brewing with ultimate defense dude (people must be retarded to fall for that scam and u try it on the greatest scammer in the history of cultivation)
  • i smell trouble brewing with ultimate defense dude (people must be retarded to fall for that scam and u try it on the greatest scammer in the history of cultivation)
    sorry... the greatest scammer in cultivation history is not him but meng hao... altrough zhou is pretty good... but je is still a few step behind...
    sorry... the greatest scammer in cultivation history is not him but meng hao... altrough zhou is pretty good... but je is still a few step behind...
    The thing that proves you are the greatest scammer is you obtain the name without even trying to. That is our great Meng Hao.
    The thing that proves you are the greatest scammer is you obtain the name without even trying to. That is our great Meng Hao.
    even better... scamming someone by telling him that what he want is not what he think it is... (the first great spear scam...)... and all with a "shy smile" on your face ^^'
  • Anyone else think that the name, Little Fatty, is just annoying and stupid?
  • Can someone tell me the order in which the author wrote his books? Novel updates only lists the date for two of his works.

This author was recognized as the number one author in  his genre for his ability to constantly improve his writings. I'm trying to see this improvement hence I need the chronology information. 

Some things are clear for example child of light isn't as good as duolo dudulo or hjc, but then where does skyfire avenue stand, etc. 
  • Child of light is his first work from what I have been told. He reuses the plot of one of the main characters becoming deformed and shunning their love interest away for superficial reasons. Ex. Oscar after time-skip in DD. 
    One of the worst and most annoying plots he used in my opinion.
  • Honestly this is among my favorite novels out there, loving every chapter of it and yet to get bored :) Not only are the characters great but I absolutely love the different take on professions, since this one works with Consolidated Equipment which I find fascinating and a nice change of pace. With the latest chapter I'm excited to see what the outcome of his attack is, how everyone will react and what the future holds for Zhou. Rather curious what his future father-in-law thinks after that battle too haha.
  • HJC is really fun to read. The MC isn't a stick in the mud, the characters that come in are pretty cool, and the powers are down right cool. He sends out tentacles made of darkness to grab you....... might as well just give your bum bum to him right now while you still have a choice.
  • Just a short question that occurred to one of the french reader of HJC, that I'm not able to answer :
    If, for every Death Acupuncture Point, Zhou Weiqing level up by 1 cultivation level, and he obtain a jewel pair every 4 levels, won't he be blocked at 9 jewels, as there are only 36 Death Points ? (in short 36 points = 36 lvl = 4 lvl * 9 jewels, right ?)
    Anyone has an explication ?
    I used this part of the 7.3 chapter as reference :
    For Heavenly Jewel Masters, we require 4 levels of Heavenly Energy to Awaken our first Jewels. This is also the reason why I previously knew you were already at the 4th level of Heavenly Energy. From then on, every Heavenly Jewel needs another 4 levels of Heavenly Energy to awaken. Which is to say, for us Heavenly Jewel Masters to master the highest amount of 12 Jewels, we need to cultivate our Heavenly Energy to the highest Heavenly Dao Energy stage, 12th level, before we can do so. This is why it is so difficult to cultivate as a Heavenly Jewel Master, and our cultivation process is also called 12 Heavenly Jewel Change, or Heavenly Jewel 12 Changes.
    And sorry if there are any mistakes, english is not my native language ! ^^'
  • Maybe he gets a new cultivation method later or upgrades the Deity technique to where it compensates for this. Only speculation though Zareik. Sorry I don't have anything concrete.
  • Zareik said:
    Just a short question that occurred to one of the french reader of HJC, that I'm not able to answer :
    If, for every Death Acupuncture Point, Zhou Weiqing level up by 1 cultivation level, and he obtain a jewel pair every 4 levels, won't he be blocked at 9 jewels, as there are only 36 Death Points ? (in short 36 points = 36 lvl = 4 lvl * 9 jewels, right ?)
    Anyone has an explication ?
    I used this part of the 7.3 chapter as reference :
    For Heavenly Jewel Masters, we require 4 levels of Heavenly Energy to Awaken our first Jewels. This is also the reason why I previously knew you were already at the 4th level of Heavenly Energy. From then on, every Heavenly Jewel needs another 4 levels of Heavenly Energy to awaken. Which is to say, for us Heavenly Jewel Masters to master the highest amount of 12 Jewels, we need to cultivate our Heavenly Energy to the highest Heavenly Dao Energy stage, 12th level, before we can do so. This is why it is so difficult to cultivate as a Heavenly Jewel Master, and our cultivation process is also called 12 Heavenly Jewel Change, or Heavenly Jewel 12 Changes.
    And sorry if there are any mistakes, english is not my native language ! ^^'

• He had a inner monologue moment in early chapters about how the technique isn't complete as the genius that made it died at that level. Also can't remember where he found it but maybe he found it on the dead genius corpse. But it is incomplete and he will have to create new levels of it once he gets there. 
  • He had a inner monologue moment in early chapters about how the technique isn't complete as the genius that made it died at that level. Also can't remember where he found it but maybe he found it on the dead genius corpse. But it is incomplete and he will have to create new levels of it once he gets there. 
    Ah yes, indeed, I forgot this. Thanks !
    Well, we'll have to wait to see how Zhou Weiqing will finish the technique then.
  • is this a dead thread?