Wu Dong Qian Kun - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• edited January 2016
    so. lin dong gets laid and now saved by this chick. also, the hit list is growing.
  • In xianxia why is it so impossible not to offend someone and therefore cause a deathmatch situation with thier entire sect?
  • edited January 2016

In xianxia why is it so impossible not to offend someone and therefore cause a deathmatch situation with thier entire sect?

i would say this is BS but sadly this kinda thing exists in real life. it's just that the person in lin dongs position doesn't have plot armor and almost always dies, then you hear about it on the news about a new gang war.

but really, this situation was understandable and even had reasonable cause for the actions taken. the wang dude wanted to eliminate a possible future threat because an idiot from his clan created friction between them. it's just that plot armor came into play and saved the MC.

that's not to say that the MC shouldn't get strong and erase that clan from existence but really, if that wang dude had just left things alone, lin dong probably would have forgotten all about it, later. after all, he was currently super pissed at lin langtian. plus it was just one guy from the wang clan who lin dong had issues with. all in all, wang made a huge mistake.

as for an actual answer to this rhetorical question: because there needs to be powerful antagonists to force the MC to grow stronger.
  • Recent chapter was kind of boring. It's an in-between-er and came on the heels of many great chapters, so it lost by comparison.

Overall the storyline is great and the characters are solid. If there could be an improvement, for me, it'd be a SIGNIFICANT secondary character, other then the small marten. The green lotus babe gives me hope for the future though.

Loving it though.
  • Vexram said:

In xianxia why is it so impossible not to offend someone and therefore cause a deathmatch situation with thier entire sect?

if that wang dude had just left things alone, lin dong probably would have forgotten all about it, later. after all, he was currently super pissed at lin langtian. plus it was just one guy from the wang clan who lin dong had issues with. all in all, wang made a huge mistake.

It is perhaps a mistake, but only because Ling Dong survived.  You said it yourself, he just wants to eliminate possible threats.  With their difference in cultivation, and the fact that Langtian doesn't care, he was sure he could kill Dong without a hitch.  He couldn't have imagined the dude is actually the protagonist of the story. *shrugs*

I'm not well-versed with Chinese culture and literature, but it seems most people in the xianxia setting deeply values the "face."  They can't afford to be taken lightly.  They do not want others to think they can be taken advantage of.  They want that facade that if they try to mess with any of you, they will pay a huge price.  It's their way of protecting themselves and surviving the harsh cruel martial world.
    This is my answer based on the impression I got from the few novels I read.
  • In xianxia why is it so impossible not to offend someone and therefore cause a deathmatch situation with thier entire sect?

It makes the protagonist look just and righteous to be oppressively bullied until he becomes strong enough to stand on his own, and then to face cold blooded murder from everybody who ever met any of the bullies he stands up against.

It also makes the generally uncommon people who don't abuse everybody weaker than them and murder anybody who looks like he might ever become strong seem more like shining beacons of goodness.

Most of the protagonists are really just in it for themselves. They're not out to create a better world, they just want to become strong and help out their families. Their enemies need to be scum of the earth in order for them to not seem like self absorbed jerks.

I enjoy the xianxia genre, but it's fairly uncommon to see a western style hero who goes out on a quest to defeat evil because evil needs to be defeated. Most of them don't really care about anybody who isn't them or their close friend or family.
  • i find the recent rape situation a bit disturbing. it seems to me lin dong did have a choice this time around, and then he claimed owner ship of her. practically saying "cause i forced sex on her once i have the right to own her and do it again" Honestly this is why i like iet so much more keeps his mc's out of the rape situations and pronounces it as unjust.
  • Rape is unjust and disgusting. I hate that justification in xianxia, im currently on chapter 166 lin langtian. Liking it so far, lin dong is also a good mc so far. Lets see how it goes
  • Im at 229 now, its okay so far not so good as it used to be. Most fights all I see is bang buzz buzz clang ding. Ots getting repetitive...i
  • Yeah is anything actually happening? I haven't read anything for like 10 chapters, but so far it's been yuan force this yuan force that, and really shitty fights in general. It's just been extremely dull
  • At recent chapters it got slightly better. But
  • Im at 229 now, its okay so far not so good as it used to be. Most fights all I see is bang buzz buzz clang ding. Ots getting repetitive...i
    Entire novel is like that and so are other xianxia novels.You cannot expect author write such large book at fast pace and not expect it to be repetitive.Every novel seems interesting at the first but kinda become repetitive later especially when there are more than 1000 chapters.It's nothing new for a novel of this genre.