Against the Gods - Latest Chapter Discussions

Comments

• edited January 2016
    He could still use his profound handle to attack Burning Heaven main headquarters right?
    Probably, but only if he kill every single witness. If not, there's a probability Mighty Heavenly Sword Region learn about him having a handle and they will hunt him down. Unless he use an invisible handle like for soul attack or something and no one can see it.
  • edited January 2016

Oh boy, Dumb Che is back stronger than ever -_-

Yeap.  Even Jasmine called him out on this flaw of his.  His reliance in his newest abilities, and the safety net of hidden protectors, causes him to over confidently stretch his neck out onto the chopping block.  Now he doesn't even have the excuse of hidden protectors!

Probably, but only if he kill every single witness. If not, there's a probability Mighty Heavenly Sword Region learn about him having a handle and they will hunt him down. Unless he use an invisible handle like for soul attack or something and no one can see it.

Well, at least he's been mostly sensible about concealing it so far -- besides soul-surgery, he's mainly only used it an aura-decoy, and just once in plain sight (to save Little Aunt from her dive).

• Profound Handle can change shape so he can be undetceted

He could still use his profound handle to attack Burning Heaven main headquarters right?
    Probably, but only if he kill every single witness. If not, there's a probability Mighty Heavenly Sword Region learn about him having a handle and they will hunt him down. Unless he use an invisible handle like for soul attack or something and no one can see it.
    PH can change shape so its not the issue as only the ppl from Four Sacred Grounds know about them. The problem is Yun Che becoming a Berserker again.
  • edited January 2016
    edit: finally things are getting interesting
  • I wonder when will this arc be over... For me, this burning heaven arc is boring as hell. YC really did nothing but broke in,killing,wondering around...
  • There's just too much difference between this Burning Heaven Arc and the rest of the story. I'm incline to believe this Arc was written by the author child or something. Seriously, the stupidity of this Arc... And how many time will the author abuse or overuse Little Chan (Snow Phoenix Beast) to help Dumb Che make a timely escape? Isn't that bird suppose to be so tired it will sleep and never come out for a long time? Like what happened to Lan Xueruo Eagle Beast during the Phoenix Legacy Arc. I know Dumb Che feed him some pill, but that bird is suppose to be too tired to even come out of his hand imprint.
  • At least there was some minor good guy development with Juechen. I truly, truly hope he joins the good side, he seemed like a nice person when trying to protect auntie.
  • At least there was some minor good guy development with Juechen. I truly, truly hope he joins the good side, he seemed like a nice person when trying to protect auntie.

You are talking about a Burning Heaven clan member, moreover a direct member and the only heir left, right? He will never be on Yun Che's side as Yun Che destroyed his total clan. Mark my words like are Xianxia that fool gets some cheat and cultivates till he is a emperor of more and will challenge YC again and WILL get his ass handed to him.
  • edited January 2016
    Damn that'd be a huge disappointment :( I was hoping for Yun Che to kill every1 with his badassery and then go up to Juechen and be like the Sword Region guy, "You want in?" lmao. Then maybe Juechen would confess to little auntie or something, aw a true love story indeed

you probably right :(
  • edited January 2016

-Elementary Profound Realm

-Nascent

-True

-Spirit

-Earth

-Sky

-Emperor

-Tyrant

-Sovereign

-Divine Profound Realm

I think it was explained that Cang Yue's Giant Snow Eagle was a True Profound beast, whereas, Yun Che's Snow Phoenix was a Sky Profound beast.

If the power rankings are applicable then Yun Che's Snow Phoenix ought to be vastly more durable than Cang yue's Giant Snow Eagle - that would include in terms of flight range (as mentioned) and, presumably, in recovery rate as well.

In addition, Yun Che did feed it a medicinal pellet containing drops of the Emperor Profound dragon.

This Burning Heaven Arc, I believe, is about the author applying a systematic and consistent approach to his story telling.

Following every power-up, Yun Che goes through a period of power consolidation. In this arc, we see him gain the handle and the dragon domain so the next bit ought to be him consolidating those two powers by him using them until he cycles through his profound energy (which is what is happening now).

But, the overall picture (and the clever bit) is that this side battle with the Burning Heaven Clan also consolidates the Blue Wind Imperial Family's position (ie Cang Wanhe and Cang Yue).

If the author is really as systematic as I expect then we ought to see Yun Che leaving his mark on the Xiao Sect and, possibly, the Heavenly Sword Villa as well. He has already roughed up the Frozen Cloud Asgard and currently annihilating the Burning Heaven Clan.

It may be a little extended but I don't find this arc boring at all. At the very least, we learn about Yun Che's battle tactics: uses major smarts only when there is sufficient time and the enemy is vastly superior; use major power when time is short and the enemy is inferior; use little tricks to gain the upper hand.

• Glad YC resolved most of the loose ends with BHC (Juecheng).
  • Yun Che is in his Berserker mode so I think he is going to have some loose ends or the other
  • the phoenix after this arc

• No way is that a phoenix.

That is a Fluffy Pillow Bird, five steps into the Sky Profound level.

It is said to be a migratory profound beast that spends its time between the Ten Thousand Beast Mountain Range and the balmy regions of the Azure Cloud Continent.

It is rarely seen and hence its existence is almost unknown in Blue Wind Empire due to its soothing melodic bird song and the hypnotic flowery patterned plummage which induces sleep to anyone below the level of a Throne.

How can you be a reader of ATG and not know this?

• Digao said:

How can you be a reader of ATG and not know this?

I have disgraced my ancestors' ancenstors. :(
  • Chapter 351

So having finally woken up to the fact that Yun Che is immune to fire, the Burning Heaven Clan resorts to ... poison.

Bwhahahah!

• Does Yun Che still have those bombs he stole from the Xiao Branch Sect?
  • edited January 2016
    He used one half while running away from the Xiao Branch Sect, and then the other half during the air pursuit. As far as I remember, he used all of them.

He still has some other explosives from the Xiao Branch Sect's treasury though, the one he sacked...

Well, either way, that stuff is in no way comparible to the explosives a Grand Master from the main Xiao Sect has at his disposable.

• I think he gave what he had left to Cang Yue after they returned to the capital.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• edited January 2016
    One swing of Dragon Fault is enough these days hahaha
  • One swing of Dragon Fault is enough these days hahaha

Dragon Fault is now a Emperor Realm Weapon, and Yun Che has the great Buddha technique so he can actually use it to its fullest potential
  • daymn 353 chu feng in this bitch

Prognosis: doubtful.

Thanks to Dumb Che keeping to the word of his promise to his Little Aunt, and sparing Fen Juechen alone while exterminating all of his friends and family, Fen Juechen has been firmly set on the path of the avenger.
  • edited February 2016
    Greyman said:

At least there was some minor good guy development with Juechen. I truly, truly hope he joins the good side, he seemed like a nice person when trying to protect auntie.

Prognosis: doubtful.

Thanks to Dumb Che keeping to the word of his promise to his Little Aunt, and sparing Fen Juechen alone while exterminating all of his friends and family, Fen Juechen has been firmly set on the path of the avenger.
    Sad ;/ I really liked Juechen, he seemed like a good guy.

Anyway... it could have ended worse, lol. Imagine Che being like "Auntie said I should spare your life, but she didn't say anything about crippling you." :D :D
  • I wish he had cripple him haha
  • Yea really WTF didn't he cripple him?! Man this even will bite him in the ass in the future
  • If he did cripple him he would die just the same with nobody to take care of him.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• yep, ch. 355, all hope lost, screw juechen, he gonna goof up, no doubt
  • edited February 2016

There is a deliberate loose end at chapter 355, and it also mentions a weapon of mass destruction.

This is definitely a lead-in to a subplot, if not for Fen Juechen's revenge, then maybe for the discovery of another Heavenly Profound Treasure.

If indeed it is another HPT then we can see it as the action of the Sky Poison Pearl/Mirror of Samsara in exerting its influence over Yun Che not to exterminate root and branch - that is, killing Fen Juechen now may prevent Yun Che from finding another HPT.