Panlong (Coiling Dragon manga), and All the other messed up Manga from this site

This is basically a rant against the manga versions of the novels on this site

Comments

• All of it is seriously messed up. Panlongs basically a different story, and desolate era goes 6x as fast. If someone would give me an explination? 
  • Lol, I found this site because of Tales of Demons and Gods MANGA and which lead me to Coiling Dragon...
    I actually hated reading while growing up

but now I read during my spare time all the time...

Really love the whole fantasy-martial art genre

PS. I have converted to reading on this site now than reading Manga lol
  • edited December 2015
    You may dislike it, but you have to give it credit. It gave this site popularity. I've seen people tell others in comments to read the actual webnovel, in fact I've done that myself. I came to know of the lovely world that is xianxia through Xian Ni's manhua.

P.S. Don't post this in prayers to higher realms. This fits into general discussions, and I'm sure (no ffense) that the mods/admins wouldn't want to read this while reading other people's problems.
  • Sadly all the manhua's are made to ride on the popularity wagon that the webnovels bring and dont consider that much staying true to the story. Some are exceptions ofcourse , but they are quite rare and that makes them fall behind a lot. Example is TDG manhua , it started that long ago yet the story it covered so far is so miniscule , but atleast it goes 1:1 as possible with the novel , so you can be happy for that.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Bierno said:

Lol, I found this site because of Tales of Demons and Gods MANGA and which lead me to Coiling Dragon...

Ha..ha.. your story almost like me but I found this site when I start reading Panlong then I start reading Tales of Demons and Gods. After reading CD, I stop reading the manhua. Because the artwork and character is totally difference than I imagine. The story line make it worst.

but for the TDG, I still follow the manhua. It follow closly with the novel. Another manhua that I think true to it novel part with some adjutment is Wu Dong Qian Kun.
  • Bierno said:

Lol, I found this site because of Tales of Demons and Gods MANGA and which lead me to Coiling Dragon...

hahahha we have the same fact, i found this site because of Tales of Demons and Gods too and which lead me to CD
    after CD going throught Stellar Transformation , while ST still wait for update i go throught MGA and Zhan Long

actually i want to read BTTH but i already followed the manhua and already read it too far if i go throught the novel then it will confused me cause the story are different
  • edited December 2015
    the only thing i'll give the manhua versions of these stories is that they are bringing more people into the fold. other than that, they are just a waste of everything.

for CD, that is one of the worst adaptations i've ever seen. it's so horrible, it's basically asking you to kill the people who made it. especially the editor(s) and the publishers that allow such things to pass. it's like the chinese care nothing for the originals.

for TDG, i looked at a few pages, gave a massive naruto vibe and turned me off. i shoulda known from the cover page that looked like naruto or his dad that it'd have a heavy naruto theme but damn did it feel exactly like i was reading naruto. since i came and went like the wind i don't know story wise how close to the original it is so that'll be left up to someone else to decide.

for others i've seen, some are ok, some are just plain bad. for instance SWZY or whatever it's called. it sticks pretty close to the story but leaves a lot out here and there. so it's a pretty decent one. but DD (or soul land to some) by the same author, was completely butchered, so many things that made the original great and funny were removed/changed to less funny more stupid things. along with changing a lot of basic rules of that world.

basically i try to stick to the novels. and ignore the existance of any manhua's they may have.
  • edited January 2016

maaaan, CD manhua is an eyesore, it hurt me soo much the first and the only time I checked the hot babe Grandpa Doehring my view towards manhuas hit the bottom. that alone was wrong on sooo many levels.  to attract the fapping teens to the manhua, they have to make all females hot and naked, but wait, there has to also be something equally cute as well. this is the cliché in all manhuas (almost).

on top of that, generally manhua art style sucks, I prefer Korean and Japanese style..

• I like Zui Wu Dao. It's funny at times, serious at times and the characters are interesting enough to keep me engaged. 
  • Can someone tell me how BTTH manga is in comparison to the light novel? Is it as bad of a remake/"spinoff" as Panlong? 
    Basically, I started reading the manga before I found out about the existence of LNs. Just wanted to know if I should reread it from the beginning. 

Same with DD. and DD2. 
  • s31m0n said:

Can someone tell me how BTTH manga is in comparison to the light novel? Is it as bad of a remake/"spinoff" as Panlong? 
    Basically, I started reading the manga before I found out about the existence of LNs. Just wanted to know if I should reread it from the beginning. 

Same with DD. and DD2. 
    the BTTH manhua isn't too bad of an adaptation. the manhua sticks pretty close to the story, there are of course differences suchs as lots of crappy slapstick comedy added in and a few changes in plot because of it but overall, it's possible to read them both.

as for the DD manhua, don't touch it. run far away and only read the novel. or if you want you can look at the pictures of the manhua, but don't read the story, total killjoy. they changed so many things compared to the novel that they are basically parallel worlds instead of novel and adaptation. lots of great comedy elements are lost in the manhua, one of the best in the novel being the 'sausage monopoly' which was completely removed in the manhua.

as for DD2, don't know. as i can't read any asian language, i haven't touched the DD2 novel or manhua. but considering the track record for TJSS and the adaptations for his novels, i'd say this one has a 70% chance of being just as bad as DD.
  • Bierno said:

Yeah I have a friend who hates to read, and has hated it pretty much his entire life. I've sent him a few pdf's for a novel to try and get him in. I'm sure if he even started it he would be hooked

• s31m0n said:

Can someone tell me how BTTH manga is in comparison to the light novel? Is it as bad of a remake/"spinoff" as Panlong? 

Same with DD. and DD2. 
    You should still start from the beginning, but BTTH is a lot better than most of the the rest on its version
  • I found this site through btth manhua, so I don't mind them.
  • panlong is trash adoptation thats the bottom line hehehehe....
  • SWVexram said:
    for CD, that is one of the worst adaptations i've ever seen. it's so horrible, it's basically asking you to kill the people who made it. especially the editor(s) and the publishers that allow such things to pass. it's like the chinese care nothing for the originals.

for TDG, i looked at a few pages, gave a massive naruto vibe and turned me off. i shoulda known from the cover page that looked like naruto or his dad that it'd have a heavy naruto theme but damn did it feel exactly like i was reading naruto. since i came and went like the wind i don't know story wise how close to the original it is so that'll be left up to someone else to decide.

Have to agree with you on that. Panlong adaptation is such a train wreck to shit-dom hell that it hurts my eyes to watch :(and it was the first novel I finished too. Ah, the brocken nostalgia): 
    But there are some decent ones too. Btth wasn't bad, even if it was less serious than the novel. And WDQK falls under the same branch as above, as they are closely related.

Xian ni was actually pretty good (just the first 10 chapters or so, before mangaka changed). In fact I consider that as one of the best example of right transition where trying to fit the story in the new medium doesn't clash with the original tale.

Ah DD. Can't really say much here as I finished the manga before I even knew webnovels where a thing. Sorry there.
    SWZY is what I call fan art given sequence. There's barly anything connecting them if you don't already  know the story. only good if you're a fan of shojo manga. 
    Most of the others I know (TDG, ZHAN LONG, etc.) Are not really eye catching there.  So that's my opinion on them all.
    P.S : if someone knows the name of the first artist of xian ni can you tell me? I want to see if they have any other works out there. Thanks.