Dragon-Marked War God

Comments

• zwendra said:
    I'm not at the ascension part but he can transform into half dragon form but they keep saying that although he has true dragon bloodline his source is still human so does that change when he gains 100.000 marks and has full dragon transform? after all people are saying here that he is a real dragon
    Yep, he can transform into real dragon after reaching human immortal level.
    MC even merges with his sword and can attack enemy with dragon/sword qi.
    Dragon skills buffed in this form.
  • edited December 2016
    Icefield said:
    zwendra said:
    I'm not at the ascension part but he can transform into half dragon form but they keep saying that although he has true dragon bloodline his source is still human so does that change when he gains 100.000 marks and has full dragon transform? after all people are saying here that he is a real dragon
    Wasn't expecting the sword merge but sounds good. I didn't mean whether he can transform into a dragon but if he stays human who can transform or actually becomes a dragon. It has been asked before but the part in the story where I am makes it somewhat confusing. I know he has real dragon blood but that doesn't mean he is one so does he become one later or that stays the same?

Also he was supposed to be a 1000 year old saint before death and looked about 30 years old so why do all other powerful people look like old men despite being much younger. Does this mean he will also age normally and wont get infinite lifespan?
  • Icefield said:
    zwendra said:
       About the age and appearances, that is just common in a lot of novels.  Grandfathers will have an elderly appearance, parents will be middle-age looking no matter what.  Authors simply most often do not take into account the slower progression of aging and give their characters the appearance of what they are suppose to be.  A grandfather or grandmother are suppose to be elderly and not look like they are in their 20's or 30's.  Just like cultivation levels do not make any sense either.  Like the MC can one punch kill an opponent on the same level because his power level is 3 ranks higher but opponents that is actually higher than him cannot kill him in one hit even though 3 ranks higher once you take into account the extra 3 levels.  So, if the MC is level 3 and instant kills other level 3's but can take on a level six equally, the antagonists on level 9 cannot one shot the MC.

Yes, the dragon thing is confusing since as far as I know, I am not sure he can sustain the dragon form indefinitely or not.  He mostly stays in human form when not fighting.  In half dragon form, he is supposedly 10 times stronger and while in dragon form, he is suppose to be 100 times stronger than his base form.

Just like the dragon marks is suppose to give a set number of physical strength but does not pan out that way.  In the immortal realm, every 50,000 marks or so is suppose to promote him, which is a static number.  Yet, somehow he can cross boundaries which should theoretically e impossible  as the boundaries themselves give a higher increase in power and every level within that boundary gives a higher level boost when promoted.
  • zwendra said:
    but if wu ning zhu is already with him why does she agree with the competition for her hand?
    Because he promised her that he would defeat everyone stand on top and marry her, she's just speeding up the process and forcing him to kick ass
  • How come there aren't any chapter releases? Did something happen to the translator?
  • World of Immortals Ranking and little spoiler.

*There are half ranks in every cultivation lvl, etc Half earthly immortal, half heavenly immortal .......*

Human Immortal - Book 11
    Earthly Immortal -Book 12
    Heavenly Immortal - Book 13
    Divine Immortal  - Book 14
    Golden Immortal - Book 15
    Immortal King  - Book 16
    Immortal Emperor - Book 17 - 17XX as of 27-Dec-2016
    Immortal Ancestor *im not sure if this is the correct word*
    Immortal Great Emperor ( This is the final level in World of Immortals. So far only few characters are mentioned in the book who have reached this lvl. And they are legendary existence in World of immortals.)

Im pretty sure, after the MC reached Immortal Great Emperor lvl, he will ascend to different world. Where Big yellow belongs to.
  • edited December 2016
    what is going on with the female corpse in world of immortals that looks just like yan chen yu?
    and what is big yellows secret?
  • Anyone know anything bout MC mother i mean was it mentioned how she died or smething ? 
  • zwendra said:
    what is going on with the female corpse in world of immortals that looks just like yan chen yu?
    No clue about yan chen yu they never touched on the subject afterwards, big yellow seems to be from a higher realm where the magic space monkey sealed in the mountain would be a joke compared to everything in that realm, it also seems to be the realm where all the MC's harem members are currently in.
    flashback said:
    Anyone know anything bout MC mother i mean was it mentioned how she died or smething ? 
    No real mention of her, but i recall reading something about her dying giving birth to him but i could be wrong
  • I don't think you should read the translated Dragon marked War god from radianttranslations,  I think it pretty much got dropped. Go to http://pathoftranslation.com/novel/dragon-marked-war-god it's already over 400 chapters!

• Zak1025 said:
    I don't think you should read the translated Dragon marked War god from radianttranslations,  I think it pretty much got dropped. Go to http://pathoftranslation.com/novel/dragon-marked-war-god it's already over 400 chapters!

Actually the translator shifted to Path of Translation.
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • Icefield said:
    I know I can probably go back and read through all this shit to figure it out but...who's harem member #2 ?
    #1 Yan Chen Yu (ice body girl from Red city)
    #2 Wu Ning Zhu (hot looking girl from another continent)
    #3 Yan Qingcheng (first immortal city girl)
    einy123 said:
    No i doubt more will appear i mean the latest chick feel for his new friend 
    Who is "latest chick"?

Daughter of a city lord in immortal city. She fell in love with mc but mc doesn't like her. He rejected her but met her again in evil abyss. She left the city to follow the mc. It's actually one sided lol. Later on the mc brought her to the genius palace to cultivate and there, she met wu ning zu. Wu Ning Zu told the mc to accept her. Then she disappeared, presumably taken away by a phoenix. 
  • edited March 2017
    zwendra said:
    Yan Chen Yu is a reincarnation of Nine Yin Empress. A legendary figure in the immortal realm. Her past self is archenemies with Nanbei Chao's past self. They actually died from fighting each other. They reincarnated at the same time too. Big Yellow is suspected to be a reincarnation too but wasn't revealed yet. He was separated from the mc in a killing abyss cause they stopped the people from getting treasures or inheritance from an ancient clan. Big Yellow asked the mc to do that cause the ancient clan is still alive. They were just sealed so that they can still appear in the future to stop the invasion of another race.
  • zwendra said:
    Yan Chen Yu is a reincarnation of Nine Yin Empress. A legendary figure in the immortal realm. Her past self is archenemies with Nanbei Chao's past self. They actually died from fighting each other. They reincarnated at the same time too. 

• edited March 2017
    zwendra said:
    Yan Chen Yu is a reincarnation of Nine Yin Empress. A legendary figure in the immortal realm. Her past self is archenemies with Nanbei Chao's past self. They actually died from fighting each other. They reincarnated at the same time too. 

This is so annoying. The only reason why I started reading this novel despite the stereotypical as fuck plot and Mc was because the Mc was a reincarnated ancient saint. I wanted to find a Mc with a cunning(he's like 1000s of years old) and smart personality. A badass attitude wouldn't hurt too, but what we got was a Mc with rocks for brain. As if that wasn't, the only reason why I continued reading this(ancient saint) turns out to be shit when most of the people surrounding him also reincarnated. In fact, their former reincarnations could have easily kill his former self with a single look. Even in the current chapters, most of his friends are stronger than him. Another thing that makes my [email protected] shrink out of anger are the powerups. The Mc has to go through life and death situations just to get a small power boost, yet his friends just separate from him and find legacies, treasures...etc allowing them to powerup entire realms easily just to keep up with him.The author uses the excuse of not damaging his foundation to slow him down, yet his friends can somehow powerup an entire realm without having to worry about their foundation. Honestly, after reading Warlock of Magus World, you can't help but find most Mc stupid.
  • zwendra said:

This is so annoying. The only reason why I started reading this novel despite the stereotypical as fuck plot and Mc was because the Mc was a reincarnated ancient saint. I wanted to find a Mc with a cunning(he's like 1000s of years old) and smart personality. A badass attitude wouldn't hurt too, but what we got was a Mc with rocks for brain. As if that wasn't, the only reason why I continued reading this(ancient saint) turns out to be shit when most of the people surrounding him also reincarnated. In fact, their former reincarnations could have easily kill his former self with a single look. Even in the current chapters, most of his friends are stronger than him. Another thing that makes my [email protected] shrink out of anger are the powerups. The Mc has to go through life and death situations just to get a small power boost, yet his friends just separate from him and find legacies, treasures...etc allowing them to powerup entire realms easily just to keep up with him.The author uses the excuse of not damaging his foundation to slow him down, yet his friends can somehow powerup an entire realm without having to worry about their foundation. Honestly, after reading Warlock of Magus World, you can't help but find most Mc stupid.
    Amen brother, I'm with you.
  • edited March 2017
    Such a disappointment about the reincarnation.
  • Can anyone tell me what exactly are the transformation and the abilities  Jiang Chen gets from the dragon transformation skill?
  • Caught up.
    I'm a bit confused with the way he powers up.  At first, I remember him needing energy to form dragon marks, and each cultivation level corresponds to a certain number of marks.  Meaning, once he achieved the required number of marks, then he is on that level.
    But later, he actually forms marks while battling.  How can he form marks when he is using energy?  Also, he needs spirit stones and the like to actually break through (aside from needing the specific number of marks).  So confused.

On another note, I'm disappointed that the author stopped increasing the number of abilities he can plunder from "eating" monsters.
  • edited April 2017
    I am currently at chapter 161 and read in the spoilers that the asshole guy he has the 1 year thing against is a clone of a super powerful guy.
    And that the whole shit with him being imba and using other sects to attack MC again and again is going to repeat itself at least another time.

WHY DOES HE EVEN WANT THIS SHIT TIER WORLD IN THE FIRST PLACE?
    Why is this black sect leader such a fucking asshole. Kill this Mid stage elder and be done with it.
    And I do not even need to read the fucking novel to know that even when MC is strong enough he won't handle the sect chiefs ass.

Also how long is he going to pull the girl around for?

• NoobElite said:
    I am currently at chapter 161 and read in the spoilers that the asshole guy he has the 1 year thing against is a clone of a super powerful guy.
    And that the whole shit with him being imba and using other sects to attack MC again and again is going to repeat itself at least another time.

Why is this black sect leader such a fucking asshole. Kill this Mid stage elder and be done with it.
    And I do not even need to read the fucking novel to know that even when MC is strong enough he won't handle the sect chiefs ass.

People keep saying that Lin Longtian from WDQK is a cocroach, but that guy Nanbei Chao takes the cake, Jiang Chen kills 2 clones before facing off the real body, and the final fight between them doesn't happen untill around the 1,500~ chapter mark. It's the ultimate cocroach. The reason he sends clones through is because he has a cultivation technique that he can use to send clones through mortal realms, reign full control and somehow incorporate that power into his real body, but the amount of clones he has to send through seems limited because Nanbei Chao really hates Jiang Chen because the fact he killed 2 clones, making the cultivation technique impossible to reach perfection.

The Black Sect Leader becomes semi-decent later on, it's only in the beginning.

Around 1400~ mark she becomes wayyy more powerful than Jiang Chen, untill then, either the girl is being pulled around with him or separated in seclusive cultivation.
  • LOL I'll tell you who have the worse cockroaches is the author Meng Ru Shen(Estatic Dream Machine) works. Eternal Life and Emperor of the Cosmos literally have this one cockroach that literally doesn't die until the very last or 2nd last chapter. 
  • NoobElite said:

People keep saying that Lin Longtian from WDQK is a cocroach, but that guy Nanbei Chao takes the cake, Jiang Chen kills 2 clones before facing off the real body, and the final fight between them doesn't happen untill around the 1,500~ chapter mark. It's the ultimate cocroach. The reason he sends clones through is because he has a cultivation technique that he can use to send clones through mortal realms, reign full control and somehow incorporate that power into his real body, but the amount of clones he has to send through seems limited because Nanbei Chao really hates Jiang Chen because the fact he killed 2 clones, making the cultivation technique impossible to reach perfection.

The Black Sect Leader becomes semi-decent later on, it's only in the beginning.

Around 1400~ mark she becomes wayyy more powerful than Jiang Chen, until then, either the girl is being pulled around with him or separated in seclusive cultivation.
    Thank you my friend for answering my questions. (Well you answer like 1/3 of all my stuff anyway =D)
    But if he has only limited clones then why did he want to have the shit tiered first world MC starts out on? Considering the world is only open since like 100 years so he has like no information about it and isn't it risk to just send a fucking clone there then if they are so valuable?

And does she really become way more powerful than him?
    Sigh. This is the one trope I hate the most. Pulling a fucking char around "insert name of love interest / good brother / sect or even his whole fucking family cause why not". It is bad enough for him to pull them around since he has to split resources for them  but no they just have to become more powerful in between before MC gets his before the end power spike. Sigh.
  • When he goes to immortal world and get to the first immortal realm does that mean he has infinite lifespan along with his wives and big yellow
  • blind2pc said:
    World of Immortals Ranking and little spoiler.

*There are half ranks in every cultivation lvl, etc Half earthly immortal, half heavenly immortal .......*

Human Immortal - Book 11
    Earthly Immortal -Book 12
    Heavenly Immortal - Book 13
    Divine Immortal  - Book 14
    Golden Immortal - Book 15
    Immortal King  - Book 16
    Immortal Emperor - Book 17 - 17XX as of 27-Dec-2016
    Immortal Ancestor *im not sure if this is the correct word*
    Immortal Great Emperor ( This is the final level in World of Immortals. So far only few characters are mentioned in the book who have reached this lvl. And they are legendary existence in World of immortals.)

Im pretty sure, after the MC reached Immortal Great Emperor lvl, he will ascend to different world. Where Big yellow belongs to.
    Can you update this post with today's raw?
  • edited November 2017
    Author prob got bored with Immortal realm, because he rushes from Ancestor to last level of great ancestor in like 100 pages and just ascends. The levels are basicly the same, just replace "immortal" with "God." They largely don't matter, laws and such bs are mentions here and there, but they don't affect our MC.

This is one of the dumber heroes out there, in that large amounts of words are spent describing his past as a great man, which lets him be calm. But he acts like a child the whole way through. Everyone plots him, less than a handful of time does he plot anyone else. He doesn't know anything about anything. All his past life allows him is to be an expert in crafting and other vocations. He doesn't know any history or secrets, jack shit about any arcs to give him any type of advantage or strategy. It's all pretty much over powering strength, and then being rescued, cause he never has a plan(ok maybe 2 times in 2500 chapters). Like the simplest concepts, deductions, are done by the dog. His past life battle experience is largely useless, the dog tells him what attacks to use, he even needs a skills that predicts opponents attack. Really he's incredibly dumb.

It's kinda funny, it seems one of the theme is that he was lonely in his past life, so this life he was gonna make friends, but he's a huge asshole to everyone upon first meeting, unless they are nice to him first and don't get in his way; that's "friendship" to the author. I know every Chinese novel has this gratitude and grudge thing, but the author wants to point out this reincarnation's difference every story arc.. because they are all the same; join some weak sect and basically slaughter left and right within the sect, goes to an instance, slaughter left and right outside the sect, then leaves sect cause he's killed everyone. They all chase him around, then use his sect he left as hostage. Keep in mind, he's in the sect for like a months tops before all this shit goes down, they barely ever give or do anything for him, other than preventing him from being punished for killing fellow disciples. None of the sects have any inheritance or secrets or anything. Completely pointless other than being hostages. A funny thing about the sects setup is how dumb they all are. They all basically get submitted by random sect that use to all be equal, and all within a chapter or two so he can come back and kill everyone in 1 shot and become the only sect.

The author also has a thing with using heaven tribulation to fight, like every time. I guess he got bored, or doesn't' understand the concept, but it ends up not even working later in the novel, like the tribulation can't kill his enemies; he never gets hurts or anything from it.. Like the whole concept of tribulation is that it scales and tests you; otherwise wtf, what's scary about it then? Just each sect master stand there. Never seen such a worthless implementation of heavens tribulation. Oh yeah, to the above who complained about the reincarnation, don't worry, he's prob incarnation of god, so all his friends's bs are nothing compared to his. Last few arcs have been about meeting little girls now, author prob getting weird. Atleast it's no longer a sausage fest; god damn; for a harem, there are very little heroine interaction. Like everyone he meets is a god damn dude. The latest 2 arcs, there are some women folk I guess, maybe he got criticized.

• Can someone tell me how the Mc relationship is with the 4 girls? Are they already together? and furthermore, how does he know Gu Ning Zhu? He who wins the Alchemy Master's competition for his marriage?
  • Tauseef said:
    can somebody give the chapter numbers in which all these events will occur eg rape scene? marriage? level ups? when mc saves his fiance? when his fiance will wake up? and when will he become immortal? and when will he ascend  ?.......
    and please tell about his fiance yu cultivation and will they come back to meet their family and about his other fiance how they meet and who is she....and that dog does it also ascend?....................
      Okay, I drop the novel after his ascension because the laws and cultivation stop making any sense.  Everything the MC can do in the prior world, in the new world he cannot.  You have to get promoted to heavenly immortal to fly again.  In the other world, he can wreck countries with his powers and can put millions of jins behind his punch.  Somehow, that strength decreases and he needs like 50,000 dragon marks to promote a level.

As for the rape scene, it occurs around 150 and she gets hurt along with the little devil friend.  She gains consciousness in around 350 and catches up to the MC through OP objects.  Later on in the novel, she falls unconscious again and then wakes up to catch up again through another OP object.  She also disappears frequently only to reappear caught up with the MC through OP objects.  You can see the pattern.

The other girl, she belongs to one of the great eight clans.  The MC gives her a pill he refines during heavenly tribulation which increases her levels and potential.  This occurs when they travel to the divine continent where all the members get split.  She is adopted by an alchemist and he holds a competition for her hand in marriage.  This girl wants her man to beat others for her.  She likes her man showing off.  Later on as they are about to get married, she is taken back to her clan where they unlock her bloodline and she powers up.

The ascension occurs around 1050 and the first two to acend is the MC and the dog.  The others acend three years later but somehow only show up about I think a month later and they are all scattered.

The story just recycles itself .  People disappear and get an OP object and reappear so they remain useful but not really as they need the MC to solve all the issues.

At the rate of the translation, give it about a year and a half before you reach 350 chapters.

Oh, once yu reach the other world, you pretty much start over again but the people from the lower realm have higher potential.  The term immortal is misleading as it seems like they age normally on the other side as far as I can tell.  I am not sure how life extension works on the higher realm, but it seems no different than the lower realm so far.

The other girl is Wu ning zhu and the Mc who wins the competition for his hand?
  • Yes, the holy saintest he meets in the southern continent. She proposed the competition to lure him to her, because at that point he has fame so she knows where he is now. He said he would beat everyone for her in the past, so she's making him do it now. She gets kidnapped by her father's family on wedding date.

I don't recall any girls fighting in this novel, it's a big sausage fest; his bros get screen time on side fights, etc; but never the girls that I recall.
  • edited November 2017
    Hayd189 said:
    Yes, the holy saintest he meets in the southern continent. She proposed the competition to lure him to her, because at that point he has fame so she knows where he is now. He said he would beat everyone for her in the past, so she's making him do it now. She gets kidnapped by her father's family on wedding date.

I don't recall any girls fighting in this novel, it's a big sausage fest; his bros get screen time on side fights, etc; but never the girls that I recall.
    After she is kidnapped, does MC save her?