Deathblade's mini spoiler thread #2

1979899100101103»

Comments

• @Deathblade ;
    Why can't Meng Hao place the NFs inside his forehead all the time? Fang Wei was able to do it, why can't MH?
    Fang Wei couldn't do that.
  • ayoubreg said:
    Hi Deathblade
    Around where does he meet his Family members ? and i 'm in Book 4 what does please that green mark on his skin mean ? and what s the meaning of the other color lack , red ... and why that women got angry ?
    Thanks 
    He meets his parents at the end of book 5, close to chapter 800. The mark on his skin is the sign of a special Daoist magic of the Fang Clan. You'll learn about that around the same time you meet his parents. The color has nothing to do with it. She was just saying some random things in the hopes that he wouldn't recognize her. She's his sister.
  • So Dao heaven just said that he will chase till the end of earth. Did the ISSTH universe just transmogrify or something? Kinda funny.
  • edited December 2016
    @Deathblade ;;;;
    Why can't Meng Hao place the NFs inside his forehead all the time? Fang Wei was able to do it, why can't MH?
    He needs a catalyst to completely absorb/fuse with a NF every time, I guess.
  • demonlord said:
    So Dao heaven just said that he will chase till the end of earth. Did the ISSTH universe just transmogrify or something? Kinda funny.
    it's just an expression....
  • daolateur said:
    Hi Deathblade, i just wanted to know, Don't know if this question deserves spoiler tags but any way i'll just add them on ^^
    when Dao Heavens and the other force down there Cultivations, does that mean they start from scratch again or did they just force thier Cultivation level to drop back to the Immortel Realm?
    to the Immortal Realm I'm pretty sure
    Ok Thanks Deathblade ;-)
  • @Deathblade ;
    I did not mean absorb completely. But it was never mentioned that FW took out the NFs from his bag holding and then put in his forehead.  The NFs were already inside of him all those time, though not absorbed completely. 
  • edited December 2016
    edit: nvm
  • @Deathblade ;
    I did not mean absorb completely. But it was never mentioned that FW took out the NFs from his bag holding and then put in his forehead.  The NFs were already inside of him all those time, though not absorbed completely. 
    You're right, it never really went into those details, presumably because it would have given away the plot. Salient point is that he never absorbed them fully.
  • @Deathblade ;
    You're right, it never really went into those details, presumably because it would have given away the plot. Salient point is that he never absorbed them fully.
    Is it also because the first two fruits Meng Hao tries to absorb are not his but the 1st gen patriarch's?  I always thought that he had such a hard time because the fruits belonged to someone whose power eclipsed his own.  Additionally, Meng Hao didn't try to absorb the fruits until after he officially stepped into the immortal realm, making fruit absorption his "lamp extinguishing" trial.  If he had tried to absorb the Patriarch's fruits before he transcended the immortal tribulation he probably would have exploded from excess power.  And if he had absorbed his own fruits he probably would have gotten additional dharma idols like Fang Wei did but it still wouldn't have been complete.  In Buddhism, a lot of emphasis is put into the difference between "knowledge" and "understanding."  Knowledge is defined as the partial comprehension of one or more subjects where as Understanding is defined as the COMPLETE comprehension of one of more subjects.  I think that when Fang Wei fused with Meng Hao's fruits, he "knew" about them, but did not "understand" them.  Whereas when Meng Hao fuses Nirvana Fruits, he achieves complete "understanding" of each one - he becomes thoroughly "Enlightened" each time, achieving a "Nirvana" for each fruit, if you will.  Of course this is all speculation on my part, feel free to correct me.
  • @Deathblade ;
    Its just that for me, Fang Wei's way was actually pretty good. First of all a very powerful cultivator could easily interrupt the process of him putting the NF into his forehead and perhaps steal it. In FW's way there is nothing to interrupt or to steal because its forehead already. Also FW was able to gain tremendous power boosts while not having completely absorbed the NF. The main problem with the NF is MH can't absorbed them completely without using a very strong catalyst and while partially absorbing it can let him stay in the next realm for a short period of time, its backslash is too much. I think the powerup FW gained from the NFs are already strong enough if MH use it and whats more there would be no backslash at all. Anyways this is supposed to be a spoiler thread and here I am rambling. :)
  • edited December 2016
    Hi everyone, after much thought and consideration, I've decided to close this thread. There are less than 500 chapters of ISSTH left, and at the current rate, the entire novel will be completed within less than 6 months. That, coupled with some other developments which you will learn about soon in an official announcement, have led me to the conclusion that I really need to focus as much as I can on translating work. This is a really long thread with many, many comments. Thank you to everyone who has commented, asked questions, answered questions, etc. 

My suggestion is to hold your breath and just wait for the story to reveal itself, rather than give in and read other spoiler threads. However, if you really need to, the rest of the ISSTH spoiler forum has plenty of information for you.

Again, thank you for participating here. It is with a heavy heart that I'm now going to officially close the thread for comments. 

Many thanks, Fellow Daoists!
This discussion has been closed.