The mark on Meng Hao's Hand?

Comments

• Dont mean to bring the fire back and i dont know if this point was stated.  But the fang girl fought the ji clan boy which helpled the MC and the MC didnt die from that.  So I don't see why other people couldn't fight ji clan?  I mean its the matter of intersection whether there was intention or not no?

she didnt fight Ji for MH 
    But she fought him regardless which blocked him and helped MH.
    You just answered your own question. Obviously intent plays a part, they couldn't use that though unless you can think of some way to arrange accidents where they help Meng Hao without actually realizing they're helping Meng Hao? :/ That's basically a paradox
    I dont understand how intent play's a part.  The action should dictate whether karma intersects.  Did you or did you not whether you meant to or not.  Maybe i have the wrong view but to me it should be based solely on the action.
    There lies the problem , it seems the author does not share your view.
    I dunno how is it so hard to accept the rules the author set up,instead of looking for plot holes .

• edited February 2016
    As Mr. Outsider said obviously the author has different views than you do. Also it's pretty ridiculous to try and have a complete view of the circumstances when we are so far away from this whole karma matter in the first place. We should only ponder on this matter when we actually read about the circumstance. Otherwise you're (and other people who keep relentlessly bringing this matter up) are just being needlessly annoying.
  • Hmm soo i gotta chime in here.

1. While its understandable that MH parents left him for his saftey i find it odd.
    2. It is a story about defying the heavens and their will. So being one of the most powerfull group of people they couldnt even try to do anything huh? 
    3. They stayed with mh till he was 7. They are his parents, in what way shape or form would that not be considered crossing karma? 

Lets be real shitty parents just didnt want to try

1. While its understandable that MH parents left him for his saftey i find it odd.
    2. It is a story about defying the heavens and their will. So being one of the most powerfull group of people they couldnt even try to do anything huh? 
    3. They stayed with mh till he was 7. They are his parents, in what way shape or form would that not be considered crossing karma? 

I dont give a f*ck that his family left him. My real problem is that he went back with them. I think that family is more than just bloodline. They didnt do sh*t for him so why should they get to benefit from him once he becomes strong.

I dont give a f*ck that his family left him. My real problem is that he went back with them. I think that family is more than just bloodline. They didnt do sh*t for him so why should they get to benefit from him once he becomes strong.
    This is what idiots who have not read Book 5 completely say. Sigh. Meng Hao would have been hurt that his parents left him because like he has said in recent chapters that he never experienced familial love. In the end of Book 4, there is a heartwarming arc where he experiences fatherly love and gets adopted. This and the fact that his parents never gave up on him helps him get over. What u should be angry at is the fact that many authors let the family members who abandoned the MC be easily forgiven without an excuse.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!

This is what idiots who have not read Book 5 completely say. Sigh. Meng Hao would have been hurt that his parents left him because like he has said in recent chapters that he never experienced familial love. In the end of Book 4, there is a heartwarming arc where he experiences fatherly love and gets adopted. This and the fact that his parents never gave up on him helps him get over. What u should be angry at is the fact that many authors let the family members who abandoned the MC be easily forgiven without an excuse.
     You just proved my point. His fake father still love him even after learning that he wasnt his real son. MH also cared for him. There's more to family than just bloodline. I am not saying that his real family is bad or that they should suffer. I just dont see how he can think of them as family when he has experience no family love from them. 

You just proved my point. His fake father still love him even after learning that he wasnt his real son. MH also cared for him. There's more to family than just bloodline. I am not saying that his real family is bad or that they should suffer. I just dont see how he can think of them as family when he has experience no family love from them. 

I agree with you that in most novels that is true. Chu Feng literally worships his father who left him just because of "the Chu clan wanting to kill him". No matter how good a reason you have to abandon someone, that person will be hurt. After all, humans have emotions and even if the world is being destroyed and u had to abandon ur son, emotions hold more weight than reason. However, in Meng Hao's case, the experience of familal love and how strong it is helped him understand that his parents loved him. Not only that, his old memories helped him realize that his parents never abandonded him until the last second.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!

I agree with you that in most novels that is true. Chu Feng literally worships his father who left him just because of "the Chu clan wanting to kill him". No matter how good a reason you have to abandon someone, that person will be hurt. After all, humans have emotions and even if the world is being destroyed and u had to abandon ur son, emotions hold more weight than reason. However, in Meng Hao's case, the experience of familal love and how strong it is helped him understand that his parents loved him. Not only that, his old memories helped him realize that his parents never abandonded him until the last second.
    I still think that MH shouldn't have gone back with his family. Well, in the end this is my personal opinion. 
  • edited February 2016
    Hmm soo i gotta chime in here.

MY GOD obviously the karma stuff doesn't take effect until the age of 7 which is freaking why they left when they did! You dumbasses seem to think that they could have done something more than what they already have when there are multiple hints so far in the translated story and confirmations in the raws that they obviously couldn't have. For the matter of whether or not he should hold familial love for them, past gratefulness for doing what was needed to save his life, is something that is Meng Hao's decision and there's no right or wrong answer. The fact that you think there is a right or wrong answer is simply ignorant. P.S. Really this is so annoying, it seems like you all just want to pick a fight with Meng Hao's family because of some stupid pre-conceived notion that they must be evil. No idea where that came from, maybe from some impressionable media, xianxia where MC's parents abandon MC, or whatever that gave you guys that idea. It's like you can't seem to accept that in some situations bad stuff happens and the only thing to do is mitigate the damage as much as possible as Meng Hao's family did. You guys are basically saying, WELL THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING MORE ANYWAYS, I DON'T CARE THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! THEY SHOULD HAVE BROKEN THE LAWS OF REALITY THROUGH PURE WILLPOWER AND THEN HAVE GIVEN A MIDDLE FINGER TO THE UNIVERSE WHICH WOULD HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM OBVIOUSLY! THEY JUST DIDN'T TRY HARD ENOUGH!!!!!! *facepalms*

MY GOD obviously the karma stuff doesn't take effect until the age of 7 which is freaking why they left when they did! You dumbasses seem to think that they could have done something more than what they already have when there are multiple hints so far in the translated story and confirmations in the raws that they obviously couldn't have. For the matter of whether or not he should hold familial love for them, past gratefulness for doing what was needed to save his life, is something that is Meng Hao's decision and there's no right or wrong answer. The fact that you think there is a right or wrong answer is simply ignorant. P.S. Really this is so annoying, it seems like you all just want to pick a fight with Meng Hao's family because of some stupid pre-conceived notion that they must be evil. No idea where that came from, maybe from some impressionable media, xianxia where MC's parents abandon MC, or whatever that gave you guys that idea. It's like you can't seem to accept that in some situations bad stuff happens and the only thing to do is mitigate the damage as much as possible as Meng Hao's family did. You guys are basically saying, WELL THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING MORE ANYWAYS, I DON'T CARE THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE! THEY SHOULD HAVE BROKEN THE LAWS OF REALITY THROUGH PURE WILLPOWER AND THEN HAVE GIVEN A MIDDLE FINGER TO THE UNIVERSE WHICH WOULD HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM OBVIOUSLY! THEY JUST DIDN'T TRY HARD ENOUGH!!!!!! *facepalms*
    If you read my last post, you can see that I said that this was my opinion. I believe that I have every right to make my opinion known without getting insulted. Again, I never(NEVER) said that there were other things that they should have done. I understand that they did what they thought right. What I am saying is that I dont see how MH can see them as his parents when he has never experience family love from them. 
  • edited February 2016
    I should have replied to the post directly above yours, I was mostly directing what I was saying to TakoEmperor. My anger-driven insults were also directed at TakoEmperor. Which wasn't right, but eh his ignorance and misdirected, foolish, behavior blew my mind. I don't have any remorse. Apologies for accidentally including you in my rant. For the record, I do think your opinion is a fair one, and not the same as TakoEmperors' and the other annoying haters in this debate.
  • edited February 2016
    um to clear things up she didnt meet him they just happen to be at the same place so it wouldnt mean anything for karma because meng hao doesnt know that she even existed

If you read my last post, you can see that I said that this was my opinion. I believe that I have every right to make my opinion known without getting insulted. Again, I never(NEVER) said that there were other things that they should have done. I understand that they did what they thought right. What I am saying is that I dont see how MH can see them as his parents when he has never experience family love from them. 
    @Darkbeowulf1337, do you think there was no family love from birth to 7 years of age?  His parents were for him for those 7 years.  

Also (please correct me if I am wrong, since I haven't read the raws), from what I've gathered from spoiler posts, doesn't Meng Hao remember his past 2 lives somehow?  If that's the case, then he should have remembered 21 years of familial love from his parents...
  • If Karma stuff does not take effect until 7 years of age the whole concept is still bs honestly.

Since:
    THEY COULD HAVE JUST TOLD FUCKING JI CLAN TO FUCK OF AND LEAVE HIM ALONE CAUSE HE IS GOING TO BE ON FUCKING PLANET. They could have told Ji clan to not fuck with a guy named Meng Hao (well I doubt you would find a second guy named like him with his cultivation on the same planet even if you tried).
    All before he was 7.

His parents have the knowledge of him. His mom beats up Ji assholes after they got his ass with the fishing line. So if this one does not sow Karma then saying not to fuck with him would also not. It would have avoided arrogant asshole prick going "I am from Ji clan kiss my ass mimimi" or the fishing line whatever he was called again Ji guy.

Well it needed to happen like this or the story would have been different etc blablabla. In effect it is just hand of god (aka Er Gen) doing whatever he wants.

But the stuff with his family is stupid. I did not read ahead only have some scant knowledge from spoilers so correct me if I am wrong but he does go back to his clan? And this one is stupid. In effect only his parents did see "Meng Hao" if other clan members of the clan thought about him it would have been "talented child we could use". I can understand him being on nice terms with parents but not the clan. Loving your parents does not mean loving their family. In fact a fuckton of people hate their relatives. And well Meng seeing how scheming etc he is should really not like "his clan".
  • NoobElite said:
    If Karma stuff does not take effect until 7 years of age the whole concept is still bs honestly.

Since:
    THEY COULD HAVE JUST TOLD FUCKING JI CLAN TO FUCK OF AND LEAVE HIM ALONE CAUSE HE IS GOING TO BE ON FUCKING PLANET. They could have told Ji clan to not fuck with a guy named Meng Hao (well I doubt you would find a second guy named like him with his cultivation on the same planet even if you tried).
    All before he was 7.

His parents have the knowledge of him. His mom beats up Ji assholes after they got his ass with the fishing line. So if this one does not sow Karma then saying not to fuck with him would also not. It would have avoided arrogant asshole prick going "I am from Ji clan kiss my ass mimimi" or the fishing line whatever he was called again Ji guy.

Well it needed to happen like this or the story would have been different etc blablabla. In effect it is just hand of god (aka Er Gen) doing whatever he wants.

But the stuff with his family is stupid. I did not read ahead only have some scant knowledge from spoilers so correct me if I am wrong but he does go back to his clan? And this one is stupid. In effect only his parents did see "Meng Hao" if other clan members of the clan thought about him it would have been "talented child we could use". I can understand him being on nice terms with parents but not the clan. Loving your parents does not mean loving their family. In fact a fuckton of people hate their relatives. And well Meng seeing how scheming etc he is should really not like "his clan".
    Really? Letting the Ji clan know would have been one of the more dumber ideas, telling them that is basically just saying hey here is a hostage, please take him for you to kill or whatever. 
  • NoobElite said:
    If Karma stuff does not take effect until 7 years of age the whole concept is still bs honestly.

Since:
    All before he was 7.

First of all, the Ji clan would kill him if they knew because they are enemies with the Fang Clan. They try to kill Meng Hao later on as well.

Not only that, if he sows karma with them at all until he reaches Dao Seeking, he will die and it is not guranteed that he will reincarnate. Besides, later, it will be revealed that they wanted him to die quickly, so that they could retrieve his soul. They never expected Meng Hao to cultivate.
  • NoobElite said:

Since:
    All before he was 7.

First of all, the Ji clan would kill him if they knew because they are enemies with the Fang Clan. They try to kill Meng Hao later on as well.

Not only that, if he sows karma with them at all until he reaches Dao Seeking, he will die and it is not guranteed that he will reincarnate. Besides, later, it will be revealed that they wanted him to die quickly, so that they could retrieve his soul. They never expected Meng Hao to cultivate.
    Well that escalated quickly. but common his mom went and wrecked the Ji estate whatever and the strange door. If the Ji clan can't pick up the reason she went apeshit it is a bit joke isn't it?
  • NoobElite said:
    NoobElite said:

Since:
    All before he was 7.

Well that escalated quickly. but common his mom went and wrecked the Ji estate whatever and the strange door. If the Ji clan can't pick up the reason she went apeshit it is a bit joke isn't it?
    It's been a long time since I've read the part, but I think they knew who Meng Hao was because they came to his birth. I don't remember for sure about if they knew about his circumstances. Still, she is part of the 8th Mountain's two big clans, so they can't harm her very easily. The 9th Mountain is the weakest of all the mountains because it has the weakest ruler as well. So, they can't risk it. Not only that, the Ji play with karma a lot and those people weren't central members of the Ji clan, so they let it go.
  • NoobElite said:
    NoobElite said:

Since:
    All before he was 7.

Ji Nineteen randomly attacked Meng Hao. i don't think he told anyone about a random core formation cultivator (who happens to be linked to the most powerful as shit OP ass painter in the history of xinxia). So I don't think they've figured out who she refered to and might've thought she was nuts(considering how relaxed Meng Hao's dad was when she blew up their home it's not a strech...)
  • @anonpuffs please this is just my interpretation when his parents or him go looking for then and they're in trouble like all parents of xinxia MC (they're like children lol) they will not have my compassion or piety.

and please they could do it if the spoilers are right his mother go visit him in sang clan marriage where he get his servant....

like i said i just dont care about then, even if they all died later, i will regret more xu death over then, for me they cant be considered good parents or even parent in geral and his sister already see him so yeah this whole bullshit of karma doesn't mean anything for the help i'm talking. 
    Burningman.... I seriously can't believe you're being serious right now. Yeah his mom could look at him but she can't interact with him in any way or that'll trigger the rebirth. If she does anything to help him her karma would entangle with his and activate the rebirth. So no they can't do freaking anything to help him. It really makes me angry how ignorant you are.
    Hi, sorry I've been reading this thread to this point and I'm pretty confused, how will her talking to him or interacting with him kill MH? Is this like a curse or something? Is this explained later on in the story? I'm on chapter 491 and I don't think it's been explained, if it has then I'm an idiot cuz I don't remember it at all. 
  • @anonpuffs please this is just my interpretation when his parents or him go looking for then and they're in trouble like all parents of xinxia MC (they're like children lol) they will not have my compassion or piety.

and please they could do it if the spoilers are right his mother go visit him in sang clan marriage where he get his servant....

like i said i just dont care about then, even if they all died later, i will regret more xu death over then, for me they cant be considered good parents or even parent in geral and his sister already see him so yeah this whole bullshit of karma doesn't mean anything for the help i'm talking. 
    Burningman.... I seriously can't believe you're being serious right now. Yeah his mom could look at him but she can't interact with him in any way or that'll trigger the rebirth. If she does anything to help him her karma would entangle with his and activate the rebirth. So no they can't do freaking anything to help him. It really makes me angry how ignorant you are.
    Hi, sorry I've been reading this thread to this point and I'm pretty confused, how will her talking to him or interacting with him kill MH? Is this like a curse or something? Is this explained later on in the story? I'm on chapter 491 and I don't think it's been explained, if it has then I'm an idiot cuz I don't remember it at all. 
    I won't spoil u too much, but at the end of Book 5, it is revealed that Meng Hao can't sow karma with the Fang until he reaches Dao Seeking. The reason for this is due to the Fang clan's natural ability, Samsara.
  • Oh so there is someone who think MH have bad parentings.... well he isn't the only one almost all xinxia have this is just a BS reason this just give 100 or 200 chapters if the guy is the one writing MGA with 200 chaptes he could make something more useful like a tomb or something with more reason and just say that the guy got lucky, i cant understand why every MC must have powerful parents who do nothing to him and need to abandon him, cant they just have a real family? i really liked Long live summon then i reading spoiler discover everything was pure BS and everyone know it but never talk to him bla bla bla fuck it this is a huge turn down.
  • lol with people saying bad parenting, i don't know maybe they have poor understanding the story after they read the novel or piece of spoiler which lack any detailed information.
    meng hao parents already have legitimate reasons for leaving meng hao  
    hell even in real life there is a case when parents want to meet their child but can't because of various circumstances i.e. divorce, adoption, etc.

and @burningman please define what "real family" is? 
  • Real family in the case of MGA they let him rot there because they're weak bla bla bla why cant they save him? well this isn't a family if i have a mother or father who would just trow me out of the house when i was young i would hate then there is no excuse.

ATG same BS they could have go there and put some people to guard him but who cares we have a tyrant genius here who we mistake for our son but who cares let our son rot there while we try to do nothing and later when he is strong he will come here and save us and our cla like a good fucking son....

please just be rational your spoilers then does not explain shit we ask who is his family and we just get someone saying is a big spoiler so better wait and some vague spoiler and you want us to know it all? if everything like this happened is a large BS his mother go to the ji clan she go to the song sect his sister see him (they could not even interact with him? why not then send his sister or someone else to be his friend so this does not sow karma too) you see there is a lot of problens in this thinking the novel is good there is a lot of deep but you just cant expect to talk about future travel and not the implication that come with it, there is too many good points like bad points nothing is perfect but a parent abadoning his child never is a good thing i dont know how you guys can think like that try to ask Deathblade to put his son in another house or someone else will kill him, the first thought on his mind i dare say will be who the motherfucker is so he can kill him and not to get away from his son i cant even understand your guys line of thinking.
  • NoobElite said:
    NoobElite said:

Since:
    All before he was 7.

It's been a long time since I've read the part, but I think they knew who Meng Hao was because they came to his birth. I don't remember for sure about if they knew about his circumstances. Still, she is part of the 8th Mountain's two big clans, so they can't harm her very easily. The 9th Mountain is the weakest of all the mountains because it has the weakest ruler as well. So, they can't risk it. Not only that, the Ji play with karma a lot and those people weren't central members of the Ji clan, so they let it go.
    During the master immortal trial, some Fang members came with Fang yu and they didn't know that Meng Hao was Fang Hao XD
  • What the F is all the bullshit about bad parenting? All you half-spoilered complainers just need to read Chapter 800 - Age Seven Tragedy. Google translate it or what not.

Here's a few more points to add to the half spoilers:
    • Meng Hao's extremely pure Fang bloodline gives him the power of Karmic Rebirth, which causes him to regress back to an infant after passing the age of 7
    • His mom, dad and sister had to watch him essential die and revive twice. It pretty much broke their hearts.
    • His two Grandpas, who were Grand Elders of the Fang and Meng family, went out together to search for a solution. Fang family being one of the heads of the 9th Mountain and Meng family being one of the heads of the 8th Mountain, so this was a big deal.
    • His two Grandpas are STILL missing at this time, but they managed to send back a savior.
    • The savior's solution was the whole cut the familial karmic connection thing
    • As "payment" for the solution, Meng Hao's mom and dad are contracted as protectors to the South Heaven Planet. They are forbidden from leaving the planet for a commitment of 10,000 years.
    • Meng Hao's mom cries a lot and the family argues a lot every time they see Meng Hao is in trouble and can't go help in fear of the Karmic Rebirth triggering. She vents her anger on their houses and on the Ji family.
  • edited April 2016
    Since this is going nowhere i am going to help a bit out.
    Warning Spoileres ahead Kappa

So a long time ago when Meng Hao was born stars went crazy and people were happy that they got a super kid in the Fang clan ,even Lord Ji himself comes to give gifts because hao status is the son of Fang chosen and grandson of Lord of 8th mountain.But on his 7th birthday people find out he gets a mark Tadadadaa and can undergo nirvana 4 times where he turns back to child and gives a nirvana fruit which is usually a good thing but since he is only 7 years old it is basically the worst possible thing that could happen to a child as they had to see hao tuning back to baby every seven years.Their grandparents go around to search for a way to stop this.Nirvana happens two times and their parents are heartbroken but finally their grandparents find a man who gives a solution but makes their parents stay as protectors of South Haven for 100,000 years and not to move from the planet and some other stuff to their grandparents.He tells the parents to leave Meng Hao at age 7 and stay away untill he reaches Dao Seeking.

And by leaving i mean not to sow karma which is different from having a Karma line.
    Ex-parent send a person or they come themselves to save Meng Hao = sowing karma like how meng hao saving roc is 
      Fang yu saving meng hao = sowing karma  and fang yu is born before meng hao
      Fang yu  acting like a crazy person infront  of meng hao = no sowing but just being a crazy violent person
      Meng hao mother going crazy on Ji is not= sowing karma she is just a violent and crazy person

And yes their parents have cried lots and lots of times and they were never happy which is later told in chapters but they could not do anything

• this entire family isn't right in the brain.......Violent monsters and conmen the lot of em xD
  • I was wondering when Fang Yu helped Meng Hao in finding a suitable disciple body for Immortal Demon Plane isn't that sowing karma? And when Meng Hao helped her from Ji guy and broke the cage didn't he sow karma with her? 
  • edited April 2016
    ank0403 said:
    I was wondering when Fang Yu helped Meng Hao in finding a suitable disciple body for Immortal Demon Plane isn't that sowing karma? And when Meng Hao helped her from Ji guy and broke the cage didn't he sow karma with her? 
    What if the so called karma we have been mentioning all this time has to be complete cycle of sowing and reaping which means it won't apply until meng hao return the favor to his family. Since he doesn't know fang yu is his sister, thats why he is suspicious in helping her and can't return the favor. He also doesn't have the memory of his parents thats why he can't form a connection with them.

Another is it probably won't work there because it is from another plane , illusory world or whatnot

Jsut my guess