The mark on Meng Hao's Hand?

Comments

• Nope, it's not his parents. It's the other powerful people like Shui Donglui, the painter.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • edited December 2015
    anonpuffs said:

Listen, if your parents are told that interfering with your karma is going to kill you, are you really going to risk killing him by sneaking supplies and crap? He has the Fang bloodline, an incomparably strong bloodline. There is no reason for them to believe he can't handle his own business (and his mom did kind of interfere at the Song clan event)

what exactly does the "incomparably strong bloodline" provides him? From what I understood, his talent is only above average. Without his brains and some luck, he wouldn't have his current power. Also, does MH ever visit his current(as translated) planet/world once he becomes an immortal. If he does, can someone explain to me what happens during his stayed?
  • anonpuffs said:

Listen, if your parents are told that interfering with your karma is going to kill you, are you really going to risk killing him by sneaking supplies and crap? He has the Fang bloodline, an incomparably strong bloodline. There is no reason for them to believe he can't handle his own business (and his mom did kind of interfere at the Song clan event)

what exactly does the "incomparably strong bloodline" provides him? From what I understood, his talent is only above average. Without his brains and some luck, he wouldn't have his current power. Also, does MH ever visit his current(as translated) planet/world once he becomes an immortal. If he does, can someone explain to me what happens during his stayed?
    Actually, Meng Hao is a super genius when he was a baby.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • anonpuffs said:

I know, but first he has to eat the fruit which he hasn't( as translated) so he's only slightly above average.
  • anonpuffs said:

I know, but first he has to eat the fruit which he hasn't( as translated) so he's only slightly above average.

Still, his parents can't risk the death of their child. Well, you can complain about in Book 6 since that's when the parents appear.
  • Hmm, didn't MH's mom show up at the Song clan thing? If so isn't she interweaving her karma? I don't understand this part lol. If she could do stuff like that then couldn't she pressure every clan to not touch MH, allowing him to survive? No hate, just curious.
  • EliteHaz said:

Hmm, didn't MH's mom show up at the Song clan thing? If so isn't she interweaving her karma? I don't understand this part lol. If she could do stuff like that then couldn't she pressure every clan to not touch MH, allowing him to survive? No hate, just curious.

I am not sure anyone has an answer for his. My speculation is that the song clan has that weird dimensional world. It is possible that because it is separate from the main world, then maybe is is outside the bounds where her karma can interfere with him. It is also possible that she used the loophole of the lilly: ie he is the immortal lilly if you mess with him then the lilly goes to you... so she was technically interfering in the karma of the lilly and not her son.... though again this is just speculation
  • EliteHaz said:

Hmm, didn't MH's mom show up at the Song clan thing? If so isn't she interweaving her karma? I don't understand this part lol. If she could do stuff like that then couldn't she pressure every clan to not touch MH, allowing him to survive? No hate, just curious.

I am not sure anyone has an answer for his. My speculation is that the song clan has that weird dimensional world. It is possible that because it is separate from the main world, then maybe is is outside the bounds where her karma can interfere with him. It is also possible that she used the loophole of the lilly: ie he is the immortal lilly if you mess with him then the lilly goes to you... so she was technically interfering in the karma of the lilly and not her son.... though again this is just speculation
    Another popular theory in this sub is that it's the lily's mother and not MH's.
  • It wasn't the lily's mother. It was meng Hao's.
  • edited December 2015
    yea honestly how could she be the lily's mother... geez how ridiculous... would she be looking at meng hao with love and kindness if that's the case and why would she be looking for "potential" daughter-in-law at that time if she was the lily's mother... geez
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • edited December 2015
    aashish said:

yea honestly how could she be the lily's mother... geez how ridiculous... would she be looking at meng hao with love and kindness if that's the case and why would she be looking for "potential" daughter-in-law at that time if she was the lily's mother... geez

You may have missed this line from chapter 193
    “Just… just who was she? She seems to have the spirit of an Immortal,
    but yet is not qualified to be one…. She was looking toward that young
    man Meng Hao with deep love and affection. However, the object of her
    gaze was not Meng Hao, but… that Resurrection Lily inside of him!"
  • anonpuffs said:

aashish said:

You may have missed this line from chapter 193
    “Just… just who was she? She seems to have the spirit of an Immortal,
    but yet is not qualified to be one…. She was looking toward that young
    man Meng Hao with deep love and affection. However, the object of her
    gaze was not Meng Hao, but… that Resurrection Lily inside of him!"
    ahh but she does talk about how meng hao always used to be a player with girls after seeing his smile and looking at the other girls who came to the place like examining them as her future daughter in law... 

obviously that lily makes her worried since meng hao could die because of it.... well, its easy to tell though right.
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • she looked at the lily to avoid sowing karma with Meng Hao is my theory
  • EliteHaz said:

With your first theory if that was true then why didn't she meet with her son and explain things to him? Because if like you said that she could interweve her karma then she could just tell him a little bout their circumstances. 
  • EliteHaz said:

EliteHaz said:

With your first theory if that was true then why didn't she meet with her son and explain things to him? Because if like you said that she could interweve her karma then she could just tell him a little bout their circumstances. 
    Since it has not been explained to this point in the novel all we can do is speculate, but I would think that knowing all the rules you had to avoid (assuming she met with him) would be paralyzing to growth and cultivation. I mean then he would have known that the girl was his sister at the immortal cave and that would be the end... so the best course of action is to leave him completely oblivious until he reaches the right levels.
  • EliteHaz said:

EliteHaz said:

Since it has not been explained to this point in the novel all we can do is speculate, but I would think that knowing all the rules you had to avoid (assuming she met with him) would be paralyzing to growth and cultivation. I mean then he would have known that the girl was his sister at the immortal cave and that would be the end... so the best course of action is to leave him completely oblivious until he reaches the right levels.
    She could still pressure the Song clan to say that Meng Hao is under their protection
  • edited December 2015
    EliteHaz said:

EliteHaz said:

EliteHaz said:

She could still pressure the Song clan to say that Meng Hao is under their protection
    But she did , didn't she?
    I mean the "Dao seeking" expert of the clan was scared shitless by her.
    She even said that Song Jia wasn't qualified to be his wife (maybe his mistress).

Now when all the big clans and sects came , the song clan couldn't really do much.

• EliteHaz said:

EliteHaz said:

EliteHaz said:

She even said that Song Jia wasn't qualified to be his wife (maybe his mistress).

Now when all the big clans and sects came , the song clan couldn't really do much.

I guess so but still, she could have appeared to all the other clans as well?
  • Just wait til it's explained in the 790s. There's a lot of reasons for MH's parents to act as they did.
  • edited December 2015
    EliteHaz said:

EliteHaz said:

EliteHaz said:

EliteHaz said:

I guess so but still, she could have appeared to all the other clans as well?
    Technically yes , but that would be to pamper him to much xD, besides he handle that situation pretty well , he didn't really need any help (IMO).
    When he indeed occupied help was in the immortal rebirth cave and that  certain immortal roc helped him.

And i'm ignoring the karma which is still the main issue here , it reminds me of the mc from ze tian ji , he has like 5 years to change his fate and that's something extremely hard , just 4 or 5 persons  have succeeded in doing so (in the history of his continent) , it's not something which someone else can solve it for you , you have to do it on your own.
  • Seriously guys, what is the actual point of yoi giving so much flak to MH's parents aside from whining?

Can't we just leave it at the point thay they're not that completely heartless and useless compared to other families.
  • So i get the reasons why Meng hoa parents did what they did, but isnt it revealed in the end it was all bullshit and Meng Haos parents are retarded for listening to someone else, he would have died at all it was all a trick. Also i keep hearing throughout everything Immortal li and it being the mother of the lily, im so confuesed who is this bitch and why the fuck does a plant have a mother, it makes zero sense to me, i feel like Er gan just shoved that shit in there and i have no idea who or what she is.
  • for those who actually can read chinese, was it actually satisfactory answer that you got while reading about meng hao's parents?
    if yes, then i guess when it gets translated, we'll understand all the subtleties which were missed out in the spoilers..also spoilers will mention the final details not 600 chp precise summary so i guess reading the translation for this topic is the only option
  • Dont mean to bring the fire back and i dont know if this point was stated.  But the fang girl fought the ji clan boy which helpled the MC and the MC didnt die from that.  So I don't see why other people couldn't fight ji clan?  I mean its the matter of intersection whether there was intention or not no?
  • Ji clan is superb op and has a good backing I think? But more importantly the people related to mh clan cant make contact with him directly if they do it will be sowing karma which is bad for mh
  • Dont mean to bring the fire back and i dont know if this point was stated.  But the fang girl fought the ji clan boy which helpled the MC and the MC didnt die from that.  So I don't see why other people couldn't fight ji clan?  I mean its the matter of intersection whether there was intention or not no?

she didnt fight Ji for MH 

But she fought him regardless which blocked him and helped MH.
  • I know you guys like to bash on people who think the parents could have helped in some way and after thinking about it i believe its completely reasonable to say they could have pressured the ji family without it relating to MH at all i believe there should have been many indirect ways to help him without making "karma" intersect.  Ive only read whats translated so perhaps im wrong but i would find it hard to believe that there would be 0 indirect ways of helping him.

Ok, lets try it like this. You are a member from the Ji clan, and your biggest competitor for supremacy is the Fang clan. Now there is a brat called MH who killed a member of you clan, and you try to kill him for that. Quite a talented brat at that. Then your biggest competitor comes to your doorstep and tells you not to kill him. Would you listen? Hell if I was from the Ji clan and my competitor tries to stop me from killing some brat, I would be more motivated to kill him since he apparently is important for the Fang clan. And if they would be stupid enough to tell me that MH is family, I would pull all available resources into killing MH before he can become a danger to the plans of my clan.

Then to answer the next question that will be asked of why the Fang clan doesn't try to make someone else protect MH, it was stated that nobody can go up against the Ji clan, except the Fang clan. And the Fang clan can't connect with their son in any way before he enters Dao Seeking. You think any clan would be ready to go to an all out war with the Ji clan for some brat that they have to protect cause of a request of the Fang clan, without knowing why the Fang clan wants to protect that brat? And if they find out that MH is a member of the Fang clan and they accidentally slip that info to MH, wouldn't the entire goal of keeping him separate from the Fang clan fail? The Fang clan after all interfered then with MH, though indirectly. 

Not to be offensive and all, but while reading this thread I got the idea that some people are like those people reading a news article and assuming everything in it the truth, without analyzing why it was written, who it was written for and what the hidden schemes and meaning are in the information that has been told. Not necessarily a bad thing, especially if you're not that interested in it, but without analyzing everything you kinda lose the right to criticize, since your critical arguments become based on half facts.

Not gonna say anything bout MGA, since I haven't read more than 50 chapters of that WN. 

I don't think that if the ji clan knows mh is from the fang clan they would even more so try to kill him, because if this happenned then they would try to kill mh's sister and clan members too. And if they still attacked it would be a big hole in plot as i see it
  • edited December 2015

Dont mean to bring the fire back and i dont know if this point was stated.  But the fang girl fought the ji clan boy which helpled the MC and the MC didnt die from that.  So I don't see why other people couldn't fight ji clan?  I mean its the matter of intersection whether there was intention or not no?

You just answered your own question. Obviously intent plays a part, they couldn't use that though unless you can think of some way to arrange accidents where they help Meng Hao without actually realizing they're helping Meng Hao? :/ That's basically a paradox

And let me just be blunt, this whole stupid thing with trying to prove that Meng Hao's family could have helped Meng Hao is ridiculous because the author obviously put it this way and the author is the god of all. Also why is everyone so focused on this in the first place?! If there was some plot hole where Meng Hao's family could have helped him (which there isn't) we wouldn't have the badass MC we have now. Greatness is born in hardship

You just answered your own question. Obviously intent plays a part, they couldn't use that though unless you can think of some way to arrange accidents where they help Meng Hao without actually realizing they're helping Meng Hao? :/ That's basically a paradox
    I dont understand how intent play's a part.  The action should dictate whether karma intersects.  Did you or did you not whether you meant to or not.  Maybe i have the wrong view but to me it should be based solely on the action.