THANK YOU TO REN IET AND THE COMMUNITY

Sooooo let's start off! Hello TheLeecher here! I'm going to give a story of my journey during these times as thanks to all the hard work and effort it took to write, translate, and get Coiling Dragon out there and finished. I was an avid reader especially of fantasy novels, but at the time was mostly japanese light novels or some other. Suddenly I remembered the term wuxia when I read something a very long time ago and suddenly started searching for it. I found spcnet.tv where I found a decent tiny forum for wuxia translations and stuff and started reading whatever I could find. I was so enamored by all of this new found material and finished "A step into the past" which I believe had 35 volumes in about 3 days. My favorites at the time being stellar transformation (RIP he-man) and Coiling Dragon (the end lol jk). Being the impatient being as I was yet still thankful because I didn't want to come off as ungrateful of course I started pming the mighty overlord god supreme being RWX. I was very depressed at the time and had severe anxiety, germaphobia, etc (stayed in the house almost 24/7) and reading Coiling Dragon helped get the mind off things so albeit a bit too paranoid I asked to give Ren some kind of compensation to speed it along as well as thank him. I started off and many people followed which I was surprised and not. Surprised because it was a small community at the time kinda and not because it was a good novel and had a very committed following. I was very comfortable talking to Ren because he was a great guy from the start and he did in fact pick up the speed at over 9000%. Before anyone knew it wuxiaworld was made and during those times I was getting better and better (no more fights with family or being detained in a hospital for 72 hours.) I was actively part of the community for a bit at the beginning with my new found energy but quickly just absconded because I made a bit of trouble :P (sorry for breaking the site Ren!) Besides the point anyway! The community, Ren, Coiling Dragon by IET everything was a great synergy for the new site wuxiaworld and time passed new novel translations popped up and I was utterly blown away each day by how much work and dedication the translators put in (especially Ren that freaking robot), the community with their quirky comments and thankfulness for each chapter the translators put up the surprising amount of donations that came in especially because it showed that people would put down their hard earned money for something that we all enjoyed, and IET who remains a giant supreme being in the background but who without we wouldn't have had this giant bonanza!

In the end I just want to thank the entirety of wuxiaworld for helping me get past hard times (although we kinda put hard times on RWX OOPS! X.X) your legacy will NOT be forgotten for I will tell the story of how I got involved in wuxiaworld to everybody who will give me the time of day.

Now I'm sorry for this randomness, but I felt like getting this out there because I really feel like wuxiaworld changed my life!

This thread was meant to be posted for the sake of thanks and story telling so if you have been through tough times or just enjoyed reading please post your stories about the journey here!

~Love Andrew C. (TheLeecher) Che from California! 
(I hope none of the 14 people who saw this first realized I posted this in the wrong section X.X)

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Haha, that was a fast ride. Lucky the driver didn't crash and burn along the way LOL.

Thanks Ren for making this awesome novel accessible to us. You did a wonderful work at an astonishing pace, hat off.

*Edit: Hehe, forgot to add how I came to discover WuxiaWorld. I was reading manhua of Panlong and BTTH, then on the Chat Box, people were suggesting to read the novels instead and that it was way way better than the manhua. So I googled "Panlong novel" and ended here. It was love at first sight, and I've been an avid reader since then.
  • Man. That was insane. Someone suggested Coiling Dragon to me and I was like "hmm okay the title sounds cool and synopsis seems awesome let's read it!" 

804 chapters later. QQ I've never read a novel is this long AND actually kept my attention on it whole time without me losing interest. (Which happens a lot with other novels..)

Thanks IET, RWX for writing and translating! It was really excellent book and excellent translation. 10/10 would follow whatever next project RWX is going to do after his rest. 

again 10/10
  • Sooooo let's start off! Hello TheLeecher here! I'm going to give a story of my journey during these times as thanks to all the hard work and effort it took to write, translate, and get Coiling Dragon out there and finished. I was an avid reader especially of fantasy novels, but at the time was mostly japanese light novels or some other. Suddenly I remembered the term wuxia when I read something a very long time ago and suddenly started searching for it. I found spcnet.tv where I found a decent tiny forum for wuxia translations and stuff and started reading whatever I could find. I was so enamored by all of this new found material and finished "A step into the past" which I believe had 35 volumes in about 3 days. My favorites at the time being stellar transformation (RIP he-man) and Coiling Dragon (the end lol jk). Being the impatient being as I was yet still thankful because I didn't want to come off as ungrateful of course I started pming the mighty overlord god supreme being RWX. I was very depressed at the time and had severe anxiety, germaphobia, etc (stayed in the house almost 24/7) and reading Coiling Dragon helped get the mind off things so albeit a bit too paranoid I asked to give Ren some kind of compensation to speed it along as well as thank him. I started off and many people followed which I was surprised and not. Surprised because it was a small community at the time kinda and not because it was a good novel and had a very committed following. I was very comfortable talking to Ren because he was a great guy from the start and he did in fact pick up the speed at over 9000%. Before anyone knew it wuxiaworld was made and during those times I was getting better and better (no more fights with family or being detained in a hospital for 72 hours.) I was actively part of the community for a bit at the beginning with my new found energy but quickly just absconded because I made a bit of trouble :P (sorry for breaking the site Ren!) Besides the point anyway! The community, Ren, Coiling Dragon by IET everything was a great synergy for the new site wuxiaworld and time passed new novel translations popped up and I was utterly blown away each day by how much work and dedication the translators put in (especially Ren that freaking robot), the community with their quirky comments and thankfulness for each chapter the translators put up the surprising amount of donations that came in especially because it showed that people would put down their hard earned money for something that we all enjoyed, and IET who remains a giant supreme being in the background but who without we wouldn't have had this giant bonanza!

In the end I just want to thank the entirety of wuxiaworld for helping me get past hard times (although we kinda put hard times on RWX OOPS! X.X) your legacy will NOT be forgotten for I will tell the story of how I got involved in wuxiaworld to everybody who will give me the time of day.

Now I'm sorry for this randomness, but I felt like getting this out there because I really feel like wuxiaworld changed my life!

This thread was meant to be posted for the sake of thanks and story telling so if you have been through tough times or just enjoyed reading please post your stories about the journey here!

(I hope none of the 14 people who saw this first realized I posted this in the wrong section X.X)

Wait, what happened to He-man? is he really dead?
  • Sooooo let's start off! Hello TheLeecher here! I'm going to give a story of my journey during these times as thanks to all the hard work and effort it took to write, translate, and get Coiling Dragon out there and finished. I was an avid reader especially of fantasy novels, but at the time was mostly japanese light novels or some other. Suddenly I remembered the term wuxia when I read something a very long time ago and suddenly started searching for it. I found spcnet.tv where I found a decent tiny forum for wuxia translations and stuff and started reading whatever I could find. I was so enamored by all of this new found material and finished "A step into the past" which I believe had 35 volumes in about 3 days. My favorites at the time being stellar transformation (RIP he-man) and Coiling Dragon (the end lol jk). Being the impatient being as I was yet still thankful because I didn't want to come off as ungrateful of course I started pming the mighty overlord god supreme being RWX. I was very depressed at the time and had severe anxiety, germaphobia, etc (stayed in the house almost 24/7) and reading Coiling Dragon helped get the mind off things so albeit a bit too paranoid I asked to give Ren some kind of compensation to speed it along as well as thank him. I started off and many people followed which I was surprised and not. Surprised because it was a small community at the time kinda and not because it was a good novel and had a very committed following. I was very comfortable talking to Ren because he was a great guy from the start and he did in fact pick up the speed at over 9000%. Before anyone knew it wuxiaworld was made and during those times I was getting better and better (no more fights with family or being detained in a hospital for 72 hours.) I was actively part of the community for a bit at the beginning with my new found energy but quickly just absconded because I made a bit of trouble :P (sorry for breaking the site Ren!) Besides the point anyway! The community, Ren, Coiling Dragon by IET everything was a great synergy for the new site wuxiaworld and time passed new novel translations popped up and I was utterly blown away each day by how much work and dedication the translators put in (especially Ren that freaking robot), the community with their quirky comments and thankfulness for each chapter the translators put up the surprising amount of donations that came in especially because it showed that people would put down their hard earned money for something that we all enjoyed, and IET who remains a giant supreme being in the background but who without we wouldn't have had this giant bonanza!

Wait, what happened to He-man? is he really dead?
    no no no well at least I hope not. Im saying rip because he just disappeared and we never found him again qq