Linley

Linley is an epitome of a excellent hero! From his endeavors during his childhood, his friends, his love life (having only one wife, loving her and being faithful to her), to his friends and family, and ofcourse, to his convictions! Linley's character (though not perfect) is simply AWESOME!

Comments

• Likely isn't the true the definition of hero. He is selfish too and gives little care to matters unrelated to him, even when he was strong. He doesn't seem like the type to give a random act of kindness unless it is forced upon him but at least he doesn't go stir up trouble unlike other xianxias I've read *cough* martial god asura *cough*. Then again, with such a huge multiverse he can't be helping everyone out, and when he was weak, he couldn't afford helping others out. But that's realism there which is what I like about Chinese novels compared to Japanese where the MC is this super selfless person willing to go to the greatest lengths possible to help someone he met two hours ago or is actually one of the "bad guys" and he succeeds because he is protected by this plot armor as thick and impenetrable as you can possibly get. Well that's an overexagerated generalization but I do still love jap novels. Anyway, yeah I agree that Linley is a great man, at least in my book.
  • There are no true hero. One man's savoir is another man's villain. Kill to save one, may result in a orphaned child.

• i just came to say one thing: Linley is a TERRIBLE father
    Understand basic grammar:
    Your vs You're
    There vs Their vs They're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• edited November 2015
    BookWorm said:

i just came to say one thing: Linley is a TERRIBLE father

welll it's true that he wasn't really present during their childhood but thanks to his endeavor and hardwork he did help all his family and friends to become Highgods , so If I had a father that could make me immortal I wouldn't mind not having him during my childhood cause I would have  eternity to see my father.
  • A growing child is when he is most easily influenced. Linley spending more time when they were children would have led to them being cool around him and actually see him as a father. They were mentioned that they felt some fear for this mysterious man. Or reverence for his godhood. Even if I was a god, I don't want my children to view me like that, I would want them to see as a normal father whom they can talk with hang out with and know that I will be there for them. Linley was gone most of the time and it wasn't until he came back from the infernal realm that he really got time to spend with them. A person like makes you wonder if they really got your back.
    It didn't mention that they went through the baptism. We can assume they did. But if Linley made them fuse then he is wasting their potential to be stronger. Who cares if they take longer, they got an eternity and they can stay safe the whole time.
  • edited November 2015
    Yeah all the immortals is bad at parenting.... the four clan is an exemple, i really cant understand how this work maybe its chinese culture this is why i dont get it but if i have a son i would never want him to treat me like these people make their child treat then if the father is stronger the child must train and follow somethings to talk and get help if the child get stronger the table turns this is so wrong in my view of family, but like i said must be chinese culture, the only one that could be a good parent seen so far is the redbud sov.
  • The story is basically about a power hungry boy on a training spree
  • Quanta said:

The story is basically about a power hungry boy on a training spree

so, he's the same as at least half the people of the world (real world) minus the training.

anyway, the story is actually about a boy with a dream to be the strongest and travel the world(s). with lots of sub plots throughout the story.

• well Linley gets things done though for his family and friends... Although when they showed that scene when Linley returned from the necropolis of the gods and his children were scared of him.., I was like... damn!
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • hey hey, what about Linley's disciple? I actually kinda hate the idea, him having a disciple. 
  • hey hey, what about Linley's disciple? I actually kinda hate the idea, him having a disciple. 

Who's his disciple? I think it was mentioned in the final chapter or something but never gone into detail. Was it in other books, I never finished any other book by IET, well translations aren't done, so I would like to know. Isn't it kind of pointless anyways, the entire story seems to say that a teacher is only relevant right at the beginning but is completely useless later on cause it's all about self improvement. What would Linley teach to his disciple? Is it the new things in his newly made cosmos?
  • In Stellar Transformations, the strongest people of the Divine Realm are called "Supreme Lords", all of these are the strongest that Linley(Linmeng) chose to be his disciples. basically, the strongest people in his own universe are his disciples.
  • In Stellar Transformations, the strongest people of the Divine Realm are called "Supreme Lords", all of these are the strongest that Linley(Linmeng) chose to be his disciples. basically, the strongest people in his own universe are his disciples.

Haven't read stellar transformation in forever, might catch up soon. But really? He has that many disciples. Strange though, I never got that vibe that said teaching and disciple were that big there compared to CD, but that's probably just the MC.
  • Ji Ning is a far better character.

The Almighty Froppy

Haven't read stellar transformation in forever, might catch up soon. But really? He has that many disciples. Strange though, I never got that vibe that said teaching and disciple were that big there compared to CD, but that's probably just the MC.
    It's actually not that many. There's only a few Supreme Lords. There's a competition between the strongest people within the last divine world and whoever wins becomes Linley's new disciple. Though, sometimes no one wins. Linley doesn't have more than 3 or 4? 

Also, teachers and disciples are actually quite large. The relationship between the two can be very close, unless the teacher has ulterior motives or is just a an evil person in general. If the teacher and student relationship is actually real, the student will most likely sacrifice themselves to save their masters, and vice-versa. It's been this way in every Xianxia I've read, anyway.
  • edited February 2016
    I just finnished reading CD again from the start, and I noticed something regarding this in the Author's Notes by IET:

In the future, Linley and his family will go on various journeys. Linley will accept his disciple, ‘Clayweg’, then go visit and journey through the other, secondary cosmos. The machine intelligence cosmos, the bioform cosmos, the Immortal/Devil cosmos, and even the principal cosmos and the other cosmos.

It seems like he took in a disciple sooner than I thought. XD
  • I just finnished reading CD again from the start, and I noticed something regarding this in the Author's Notes by IET:

In the future, Linley and his family will go on various journeys. Linley will accept his disciple, ‘Clayweg’, then go visit and journey through the other, secondary cosmos. The machine intelligence cosmos, the bioform cosmos, the Immortal/Devil cosmos, and even the principal cosmos and the other cosmos.

is not it clayweg is piao yu ?
  • yung said:
    I just finnished reading CD again from the start, and I noticed something regarding this in the Author's Notes by IET:

is not it clayweg is piao yu ?
    i think so