Novel Situation: What's your spirit Weapon?

13

Comments

  • edited December 2015
    idtran said:

    I have no problem with scythes, but I am curious why everyones limiting themselves to melee type weapons.  I would choose dual pistols or a minigun! 

    If I had to go for a ranged weapon I'd go for a bow. I'd have no idea how to use/write a gun in fantasy lol. Maybe something that shoots something like nails or pins. Have no idea if there's a weapon like that tho.
  • EliteHaz said:

    idtran said:

    I have no problem with scythes, but I am curious why everyones limiting themselves to melee type weapons.  I would choose dual pistols or a minigun! 

    If I had to go for a ranged weapon I'd go for a bow. I'd have no idea how to use/write a gun in fantasy lol. Maybe something that shoots something like nails or pins. Have no idea if there's a weapon like that tho.
    That would only matter if the original post put these restrictions in.  There is no mention of this being a fantasy world, just you getting a spirit weapon.  Even if this was set in a fantasy world, being a spirit weapon it would just shoot ki bullets lol.  
  • While I feel bows are cooler, I think guns would just be better
  • idtran said:

    EliteHaz said:

    idtran said:

    I have no problem with scythes, but I am curious why everyones limiting themselves to melee type weapons.  I would choose dual pistols or a minigun! 

    If I had to go for a ranged weapon I'd go for a bow. I'd have no idea how to use/write a gun in fantasy lol. Maybe something that shoots something like nails or pins. Have no idea if there's a weapon like that tho.
    That would only matter if the original post put these restrictions in.  There is no mention of this being a fantasy world, just you getting a spirit weapon.  Even if this was set in a fantasy world, being a spirit weapon it would just shoot ki bullets lol.  
    I don't understand what you're saying. A spirit gun is something from fantasy? Even if this world isn't set in fantasy shooting someone can kill them. If it's set irl then maybe become a gun smith and revolutionise guns. Anythign can happen with enuf imagination.
  • While I feel bows are cooler, I think guns would just be better

    In my imaginary world bows can just do a lot more stuff then a gun. Like i just can't imagine a gun in fantasy lol.
  • Why couldn't a gun exist in a fantasy world?  In ST they even had spaceships and ai.  Theres no reason to limit yourself
  • idtran said:

    Why couldn't a gun exist in a fantasy world?  In ST they even had spaceships and ai.  Theres no reason to limit yourself

    Haven't read ST or swallowed star. I'm not tryna limit myself, I just cannot imagine it at all lol. Maybe it's because it's a weapon that is used in modern times. But I just cannot imagine it lol.
  • I see, your associating fantasy with premodern so you can't imagine it.  Just imagine a fantasy world like Final Fantasy 7
  • idtran said:

    I see, your associating fantasy with premodern so you can't imagine it.  Just imagine a fantasy world like Final Fantasy 7

    I don't play Final Fantasy, lul.
  • edited December 2015
    EliteHaz said:

    It doesn't matter how practical scythes would be irl....... How many times do I have to repeat myself, this is fantasy lol. If this wasn't, heavy swords are highly impractical as well, but they are still used. I'm down for an argument as well, but this is fantasy and crazy crap can happen.

    Haha~! Haz-senpai... I'm Merely Stating My Opinion. The Situation Asks What Soul Weapon I'll Choose If I EVER Get Truck-kun-sensei To Give Me One. I love scythes you know? I REALLY LOVE Them You Know? But As Much As I Love Them, I'm Not One To Be Swayed By My "Likes And Dislikes". I Mean It's A Weapon You Will FOREVER Use Right? Why Should I Use A Scythe I Know Will Not Be Helpful To Me?

    If I Want To Learn DEATH Aura, I Don't See Any Reason I Have To Resort In Scythe. I Can Choose Book And Learn Necromancy. And Since It's FANTASY, Don't Go Rambling About How I Can SMASH The Frickin' Book To My Enemy. Learning Staff Technique For A Scythe, I'll Rather Learn It With An Actual Staff Or Spear.

    If I Learn Staff Techniques With A Scythe, Hell I Might Get Stabbed/Slashed By My Own Blade. Of Course You Are SOOOO Free To Choose A Scythe, You Know? It's Fantasy So Yeah, You Can Implement A Magic User With A Scythe. You Can Have The Scythe Attach To A Chain That Moves Like A Crazy Hydra. Can Attach A Hammer On It That Will Surpass Even Thor's Hammer. Sure~! Make It The Jack Of All Trades All You Want, I Won't Really Bat An Eye~! ^_^

    But If Truck-kun-sensei Will Ask Me What Soul Weapon I Have To Swing For All MY LIFE, Then That Will Not Be Scythe. Why? Because Even If I Have 1 MILLION Ways To Use An ALL PURPOSE Scythe, I'm Confident Enough I Can Do Better In Other Weapons.

    EDITED: I Somehow Forgot To Put A Comment About The "Heavy Sword" Being Impractical... It's Impractical Because Of The Weight. NOT Because Of How You Use It For Combat. Heavy Sword Puts Emphasis On Weight And Strength, In RL It's Impractical Because No One Can Lift It, Swing It, And Run At The Same Time. Scythe HOWEVER Is Not Only Restricted BY WEIGHT. You Need The Proper Skills BEFORE You Can Swing That Thing EVEN ON WEEDS. Heavy Sword? You Can Just Learn It By Swinging It Roughly At First, Given You Have The Strength To Lift It. Now, Like I Said You Are Free To Choose That Scythe BUT If I Have To Choose Between Heavy Sword And Scythe, Heavy Sword WINS For Me. Heck, I Will Have A Hard Time Learning Scythe Without A Proper Master Or Example To Look On. And Heavy Swords/Normal Swords? You Can See Them Everywhere, THUS The Easy Mastery Of The Weapon. THIS FACT, Is Not Something The Word "FANTASY" Can Easily Dispel.



    Hmm... Can't Imagine A Gun Inside A Fantasy World?

    Here Are Some Light Novels That Use The Same Concept: Mushoku Tensei, Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou, World Teacher

    Only Difference In World Teacher Is... He's Not Using A Gun Itself... He Made His Own Magic (Using His Attribute-less Quality, Non-element) By Visualizing Modern Guns And Enhanced It With The Concept Of Mana.

    And Yeah, I Think Bows Are Cooler But It Loses In Firepower With Guns.
    EliteHaz said:

    I don't play Final Fantasy, lul.

    LOL... Shame On You~! >_>
  • edited December 2015
    I've always commented on other people's choices here, but I think if it were me, I would go for a Bo. Just something about its simplicity pulls me to it....

    Maybe I could pull off Gambit level shit haha.

    Best option would be a multi purpose weapon, like a staff which can extend, break into parts etc
  • I've always commented on other people's choices here, but I think if it were me, I would go for a Bo. Just something about its simplicity pulls me to it....

    Maybe I could pull off Gambit level shit haha.

    Best option would be a multi purpose weapon, like a staff which can extend, break into parts etc

    Or a Gunblade!  Not Squall's fake gunblade but Lightnings sweet sweet Gunblade that is actually a gun and a sword.
  • idtran said:

    Or a Gunblade!  Not Squall's fake gunblade but Lightnings sweet sweet Gunblade that is actually a gun and a sword.

    Hmm... I Fancy More On RWBY's Sniper Scythe...
  • as i'm a knight maniac i really would want a full set of full plate armor and a sword and shield... 
  • Yeah Rwby has some pretty cool weapons
  • edited December 2015

    EliteHaz said:

    It doesn't matter how practical scythes would be irl....... How many times do I have to repeat myself, this is fantasy lol. If this wasn't, heavy swords are highly impractical as well, but they are still used. I'm down for an argument as well, but this is fantasy and crazy crap can happen.

    Haha~! Haz-senpai... I'm Merely Stating My Opinion. The Situation Asks What Soul Weapon I'll Choose If I EVER Get Truck-kun-sensei To Give Me One. I love scythes you know? I REALLY LOVE Them You Know? But As Much As I Love Them, I'm Not One To Be Swayed By My "Likes And Dislikes". I Mean It's A Weapon You Will FOREVER Use Right? Why Should I Use A Scythe I Know Will Not Be Helpful To Me?

    If I Want To Learn DEATH Aura, I Don't See Any Reason I Have To Resort In Scythe. I Can Choose Book And Learn Necromancy. And Since It's FANTASY, Don't Go Rambling About How I Can SMASH The Frickin' Book To My Enemy. Learning Staff Technique For A Scythe, I'll Rather Learn It With An Actual Staff Or Spear.

    If I Learn Staff Techniques With A Scythe, Hell I Might Get Stabbed/Slashed By My Own Blade. Of Course You Are SOOOO Free To Choose A Scythe, You Know? It's Fantasy So Yeah, You Can Implement A Magic User With A Scythe. You Can Have The Scythe Attach To A Chain That Moves Like A Crazy Hydra. Can Attach A Hammer On It That Will Surpass Even Thor's Hammer. Sure~! Make It The Jack Of All Trades All You Want, I Won't Really Bat An Eye~! ^_^

    But If Truck-kun-sensei Will Ask Me What Soul Weapon I Have To Swing For All MY LIFE, Then That Will Not Be Scythe. Why? Because Even If I Have 1 MILLION Ways To Use An ALL PURPOSE Scythe, I'm Confident Enough I Can Do Better In Other Weapons.

    EDITED: I Somehow Forgot To Put A Comment About The "Heavy Sword" Being Impractical... It's Impractical Because Of The Weight. NOT Because Of How You Use It For Combat. Heavy Sword Puts Emphasis On Weight And Strength, In RL It's Impractical Because No One Can Lift It, Swing It, And Run At The Same Time. Scythe HOWEVER Is Not Only Restricted BY WEIGHT. You Need The Proper Skills BEFORE You Can Swing That Thing EVEN ON WEEDS. Heavy Sword? You Can Just Learn It By Swinging It Roughly At First, Given You Have The Strength To Lift It. Now, Like I Said You Are Free To Choose That Scythe BUT If I Have To Choose Between Heavy Sword And Scythe, Heavy Sword WINS For Me. Heck, I Will Have A Hard Time Learning Scythe Without A Proper Master Or Example To Look On. And Heavy Swords/Normal Swords? You Can See Them Everywhere, THUS The Easy Mastery Of The Weapon. THIS FACT, Is Not Something The Word "FANTASY" Can Easily Dispel.



    Hmm... Can't Imagine A Gun Inside A Fantasy World?

    Here Are Some Light Novels That Use The Same Concept: Mushoku Tensei, Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou, World Teacher

    Only Difference In World Teacher Is... He's Not Using A Gun Itself... He Made His Own Magic (Using His Attribute-less Quality, Non-element) By Visualizing Modern Guns And Enhanced It With The Concept Of Mana.

    And Yeah, I Think Bows Are Cooler But It Loses In Firepower With Guns.
    EliteHaz said:

    I don't play Final Fantasy, lul.

    LOL... Shame On You~! >_>
    Hmm, I guess? But scythe is a weapon of death? Like I'm pretty sure the personification of death, Thanatos, and the grim reaper are depicted with a scythe. Not books.

    With heavy swords, didn't it say in atg that there were 2 other things you needed to master to learn the heavy sword. And that the weight itself is not important because with enough power then you can learn it. On regards to the 'you only need to roughly swing it at first' that isn't correct. It's not that hard to dodge (I'd imagine it that way) and we're not bringing in sword lights into this atm. Even if we do, like I previously said, scythes may be able to do something similar.

    And I'm not saying a scythe is a practical weapon, I'm merely stating that this is fantasy and sh*t can go down in fantasy. I've previously stated that what is the difference between a shield and sword and a heavy sword. The only thing that I can see different is one is used for slashing and stabbing, while the other is for crushing bones or stuff like that. So excluding that, isn't it much more practical to go with a shield and sword, because it's much easier to learn?

    Also, I am frequently swayed by my likes or dislikes. If I lived in a cultivation world and had decent talent, I'd go for a scythe and practice it for like 10 years. If not... Then well I won't.... xD. But yeah, if I had sucky talent I'd just practice cultivation.
  • edited May 2016

    [    ]

  • The western depiction of the grim reaper usually wields a scythe because of a parallel with agricultural motifs. The reaper is someone who 'harvests' souls, thus the scythe is symbolically tied with the image of death. It's not a weapon that death uses to kill people, it's something he uses to harvest lives and souls, like a farmer harvesting wheat.
  • edited December 2015
    idtran said:

    Yeah Rwby has some pretty cool weapons


    Yeah... Too Bad The Creator Of It Died... T_T Well The Series Will Still Continue But... *sob*

    EliteHaz said:

    Hmm, I guess? But scythe is a weapon of death? Like I'm pretty sure the personification of death, Thanatos, and the grim reaper are depicted with a scythe. Not books.


    With heavy swords, didn't it say in atg that there were 2 other things you needed to master to learn the heavy sword. And that the weight itself is not important because with enough power then you can learn it. On regards to the 'you only need to roughly swing it at first' that isn't correct. It's not that hard to dodge (I'd imagine it that way) and we're not bringing in sword lights into this atm. Even if we do, like I previously said, scythes may be able to do something similar.

    And I'm not saying a scythe is a practical weapon, I'm merely stating that this is fantasy and sh*t can go down in fantasy. I've previously stated that what is the difference between a shield and sword and a heavy sword. The only thing that I can see different is one is used for slashing and stabbing, while the other is for crushing bones or stuff like that. So excluding that, isn't it much more practical to go with a shield and sword, because it's much easier to learn?

    Also, I am frequently swayed by my likes or dislikes. If I lived in a cultivation world and had decent talent, I'd go for a scythe and practice it for like 10 years. If not... Then well I won't.... xD. But yeah, if I had sucky talent I'd just practice cultivation.


    Hmm? Since When Did I Refute And Tell That Books Are Weapon Of Death? You Really Are Scary In This Haz-senpai, Saying Things I Never Said. ^_^ And Soul Weapon, Book. You Sure You Don't Know What Quirks It Give? ^_^ I'll Give You One Of My Ideas "Index Librorum Prohibitorum". I HOPE It Doesn't Go Into Your Mind That I Choose Book SOLELY Because Of That Fantasized "Death Aura".

    *tries to stop from laughing* A-Ahem~! Is This True? I Heard Great Things About ATG And Even Planned On Reading It, But If The Series Keep Spouting Things Like This Then I Might Just Drop The Idea Of Reading It.

    Okay? WEIGHT Isn't Important In Learning Heavy Sword... Fumu... Which Point Should I Start Retorting? Is It The Fact That WEIGHT Means The WEIGHT Of The Sword? Is It Fact That You Are Forgetting Some Concepts In RL That Is STILL APPLICABLE In A Fantasy World? Is It The Fact That Your Mind Is Being Corroded With Your LIMIT Of "Fantasy" Concept? Etc... Okay, You Read Something I Haven't So I Assume You Have Already Read Doulou Dalu Right? Since I Can See You And Some Other User Ganging PandaBee With The Concept Of "Unorthodox".

    Let Me Tell You An Interesting FACT In Doulou Dalu Then. Having Read It, Have You Never Wondered WHY The Clear Sky Hammer Clan Is The Most Tyrannical Tool Spirit Weapon? First Is Because They Are STRONG. But Why Are They Strong? Is It Essentially Because Their Spirit Weapon Is STRONG In The First Place? NO. It's Because They Have Honed Their Bodies Using The HEAVY Clear Sky Hammer. Remember Oscar Trying To Use Tang San's Clear Sky Hammer When He Was Having A Mock Battle With Ma Hong Jun? HE DROPPED IT. It's Because His Body Isn't Just FIT For It. And Are The Clear Sky Hammer Clan Practitioners Purely Brute Strength? No, They Have Their Own Techniques. So Stop Saying That People Are Giving "BUFFS" To The Heavy Swords. Heck, What Do You Even Mean With That? (Note: I Don't Want To Discuss That Kind Of Nonsensical Thing)

    Now Here Comes YOU Saying My "You Only Need To Roughly Swing It At First" Idea Is Incorrect. Are You Really Thinking I Was Referring It To A Fight? I Was Referring On How To Handle It. If I Got Reincarnated And Use My Soul/Spirit Weapon For The First Time, I Surely Won't Be Able To Swing It Properly Because Of The Weight. I'll Just Have To Practice (Like Kendo Swings) It Until My Body Is Honed To Such Extent Where I Can Apply Certain Techniques With It. I'm A Reincarnated Person, Don't Tell Me That I Don't Know A Bit Of Tricks Here Coz' I Know. And If You Say I Can't Hone Myself Using A HEAVY Weapon Then Go Back To My Previous Paragraph. Of Course I Won't Train My Body Solely On Swings.

    Then What About A Scythe? First, It's Heavy. Second, You Always Have The Fear That Swinging It Might Backfire You (This May Not Be True For Veteran Practitioners, But ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?). Third, It's Hard To Use. Well If You Say You Have Some Theory On How To Use It Aside From Cutting Weeds Then I Won't Refute You. Alas, I Know There IS Some Way But I'm Not Crazy Enough To Take The Risk When I'm Sure I Have To Put All My Effort Just To Stay Alive In My Next World.

    Haz-senpai... Fantasy Is Not Something LIGHTHEARTED. If You Read Enough Xianxia Then You Can Tell That What "SH*T" You Are Referring To In The Possibilities Of Your ESTEEMED POWER, Misfortune Strikes You A Thousand Folds. Now, If You Ask Me, Am I Confident Enough To Survive In A Xianxia-like World With A Weapon I'm Not Used To? I'll Confidently Say No. I Have No Plot Armors And LUCK Like Fictional MCs Do, And Hell, That Genius Tang San Even Had To Rely On It Just To Survive. You Dare To Say No? I Think Tang San Himself Stated That If He Even Missed One Thing In His Previous Adventures, Then He Would Surely Be Dead At The Current Story.

    Now We Go To Your Next TOPIC. WHY USE HEAVY SWORDS WHEN YOU CAN USE THE MORE PRACTICAL SWORD AND SHIELD COMBO? Lol, You Made Me Laugh Again. ^^ Asking Me That Is Like Asking Every Xianxia Characters The Same Question. But Let Me Give You An Answer.

    First Thing Is The Two Weapons Have TOTALLY DIFFERENT Fighting Styles. Second Is, I Prefer Fighting With Heavy Weapons When I Know My Physical Capabilities Can Grow To No Limits. Third, Thinking Carefully, I Can't Really Utilize My Full Strength If I Am Hindered By A Shield While Fighting. Sure Someone Can But I Can't.

    I've Read One Comment In Your Previous Discussion About DAGGERS/Short Sword Being Assassination Weapon? That's A Distorted Idea. [EDITED: Distorted Because It's NOT ONLY For Assassination.] Daggers/Short Swords Can Equally Fight Others Given They Can Utilize Reversal Skills. Sure They Have Shorter Reach But They Have Their Own QUIRKs And I'm Not Obligated To List It Here.

    Now You Can Maybe Use My Words As A Point To WHY YOU CAN USE SCYTHEs? Sure~. The Only Thing I Find Horrible In Your Previous Discussions Is The TWO Of You Made An Argument With PandaBee And Resort To "It's FANTASY~" Logic. Sure, This Discussion Was Made For Fun, But I Find No REAL Restrictions Where It Says YOU CAN'T Make A Discussion About Certain Things. And When The Two Of You Tried To Defend Your Side, You Just Said "I'm Right Because Anything Can Happen".

    Hell, PandaBee Even Made A Sarcasm Regarding That Thing. And The Two Of You Never Really Get His/Her Point. The Other Guy Even Added The OH-SOME Duckies Are Not Trash And Might Be The BEST WEAPON EVER~! But Sadly That's Not The Point.

    The Fact Here Is You Are Given A CHOICE To PICK A Soul Weapon That Will Accompany You For Your Entire Life. The Question Then Is: "Why Willingly Use Unorthodox Weapons When You Can Use The More Practical Ones?" Add To The Fact That You Might Not Be Able To Change It Back Is Really Depressing.

    My Answer Is Because I Know What I'm Doing. I Don't Take "Fantasy" For Granted And I Know The Advantages And Disadvantages Of The Weapon I'll Pick.

    AND BTW... The Reason Why Tang-san's Unawaken Blue Silver Emperor Is So Versatile Is Because It's NOT Something Only USED FOR COMBAT. As For Scythe... Well Yeah, It's For Combat And For Cutting Weeds... Wait It's Fantasy So You Can Maybe Add Logs To The List. ^_^

    (NOTE: There's Also Some Occasion Dou And Haz-senpai Are Contradicting Themselves. Where IT IS? The Scythe And The 'No Monstrous Strength Allowed'. You Sure That Scythe Isn't Heavier Than The Usual Heavy Sword? *smiles* There Are Some More So Don't Be Shy Asking Me Away. I'm Just Preventing Myself To Say Them Since It's Too Shameful To Use It When I Didn't Even Participate In That Discussion.)




    Lol, I Can See That You Are Not Really Giving Too Much Thought About The Argument. Like "It's Fantasy So Heck I Can Beam Death Aura With My Scythe!" Kind Of Idea. How Cute... If You Say That Then I Will Also Say "It's Fantasy So I Want A FULL PLATE ARMOR WITH DEATH AURA MANIPULATION AND OTHER STUFFS!" And I Can Say It's A Better Idea. I'll Have Defensive Capabilities And Can Cause Death To My Enemies. I Won't Even Fear With LR Attacks~!

    You Dare Say It's Impossible? FANTASY... So Yeah... I Think It's Already Said Before But If You Just Use FANTASY For Your Defense Then Continuing The Argument Is Pointless. ^_^
  • idtran said:

    Yeah Rwby has some pretty cool weapons


    Yeah... Too Bad The Creator Of It Died... T_T Well The Series Will Still Continue But... *sob*

    EliteHaz said:

    Hmm, I guess? But scythe is a weapon of death? Like I'm pretty sure the personification of death, Thanatos, and the grim reaper are depicted with a scythe. Not books.


    With heavy swords, didn't it say in atg that there were 2 other things you needed to master to learn the heavy sword. And that the weight itself is not important because with enough power then you can learn it. On regards to the 'you only need to roughly swing it at first' that isn't correct. It's not that hard to dodge (I'd imagine it that way) and we're not bringing in sword lights into this atm. Even if we do, like I previously said, scythes may be able to do something similar.

    And I'm not saying a scythe is a practical weapon, I'm merely stating that this is fantasy and sh*t can go down in fantasy. I've previously stated that what is the difference between a shield and sword and a heavy sword. The only thing that I can see different is one is used for slashing and stabbing, while the other is for crushing bones or stuff like that. So excluding that, isn't it much more practical to go with a shield and sword, because it's much easier to learn?

    Also, I am frequently swayed by my likes or dislikes. If I lived in a cultivation world and had decent talent, I'd go for a scythe and practice it for like 10 years. If not... Then well I won't.... xD. But yeah, if I had sucky talent I'd just practice cultivation.


    Hmm? Since When Did I Refute And Tell That Books Are Weapon Of Death? You Really Are Scary In This Haz-senpai, Saying Things I Never Said. ^_^ And Soul Weapon, Book. You Sure You Don't Know What Quirks It Give? ^_^ I'll Give You One Of My Ideas "Index Librorum Prohibitorum". I HOPE It Doesn't Go Into Your Mind That I Choose Book SOLELY Because Of That Fantasized "Death Aura".

    *tries to stop from laughing* A-Ahem~! Is This True? I Heard Great Things About ATG And Even Planned On Reading It, But If The Series Keep Spouting Things Like This Then I Might Just Drop The Idea Of Reading It.

    Okay? WEIGHT Isn't Important In Learning Heavy Sword... Fumu... Which Point Should I Start Retorting? Is It The Fact That WEIGHT Means The WEIGHT Of The Sword? Is It Fact That You Are Forgetting Some Concepts In RL That Is STILL APPLICABLE In A Fantasy World? Is It The Fact That Your Mind Is Being Corroded With Your LIMIT Of "Fantasy" Concept? Etc... Okay, You Read Something I Haven't So I Assume You Have Already Read Doulou Dalu Right? Since I Can See You And Some Other User Ganging PandaBee With The Concept Of "Unorthodox".

    Let Me Tell You An Interesting FACT In Doulou Dalu Then. Having Read It, Have You Never Wondered WHY The Clear Sky Hammer Clan Is The Most Tyrannical Tool Spirit Weapon? First Is Because They Are STRONG. But Why Are They Strong? Is It Essentially Because Their Spirit Weapon Is STRONG In The First Place? NO. It's Because They Have Honed Their Bodies Using The HEAVY Clear Sky Hammer. Remember Oscar Trying To Use Tang San's Clear Sky Hammer When He Was Having A Mock Battle With Ma Hong Jun? HE DROPPED IT. It's Because His Body Isn't Just FIT For It. And Are The Clear Sky Hammer Clan Practitioners Purely Brute Strength? No, They Have Their Own Techniques. So Stop Saying That People Are Giving "BUFFS" To The Heavy Swords. Heck, What Do You Even Mean With That? (Note: I Don't Want To Discuss That Kind Of Nonsensical Thing)

    Now Here Comes YOU Saying My "You Only Need To Roughly Swing It At First" Idea Is Incorrect. Are You Really Thinking I Was Referring It To A Fight? I Was Referring On How To Handle It. If I Got Reincarnated And Use My Soul/Spirit Weapon For The First Time, I Surely Won't Be Able To Swing It Properly Because Of The Weight. I'll Just Have To Practice (Like Kendo Swings) It Until My Body Is Honed To Such Extent Where I Can Apply Certain Techniques With It. I'm A Reincarnated Person, Don't Tell Me That I Don't Know A Bit Of Tricks Here Coz' I Know. And If You Say I Can't Hone Myself Using A HEAVY Weapon Then Go Back To My Previous Paragraph. Of Course I Won't Train My Body Solely On Swings.

    Then What About A Scythe? First, It's Heavy. Second, You Always Have The Fear That Swinging It Might Backfire You (This May Not Be True For Veteran Practitioners, But ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?). Third, It's Hard To Use. Well If You Say You Have Some Theory On How To Use It Aside From Cutting Weeds Then I Won't Refute You. Alas, I Know There IS Some Way But I'm Not Crazy Enough To Take The Risk When I'm Sure I Have To Put All My Effort Just To Stay Alive In My Next World.

    Haz-senpai... Fantasy Is Not Something LIGHTHEARTED. If You Read Enough Xianxia Then You Can Tell That What "SH*T" You Are Referring To In The Possibilities Of Your ESTEEMED POWER, Misfortune Strikes You A Thousand Folds. Now, If You Ask Me, Am I Confident Enough To Survive In A Xianxia-like World With A Weapon I'm Not Used To? I'll Confidently Say No. I Have No Plot Armors And LUCK Like Fictional MCs Do, And Hell, That Genius Tang San Even Had To Rely On It Just To Survive. You Dare To Say No? I Think Tang San Himself Stated That If He Even Missed One Thing In His Previous Adventures, Then He Would Surely Be Dead At The Current Story.

    Now We Go To Your Next TOPIC. WHY USE HEAVY SWORDS WHEN YOU CAN USE THE MORE PRACTICAL SWORD AND SHIELD COMBO? Lol, You Made Me Laugh Again. ^^ Asking Me That Is Like Asking Every Xianxia Characters The Same Question. But Let Me Give You An Answer.

    First Thing Is The Two Weapons Have TOTALLY DIFFERENT Fighting Styles. Second Is, I Prefer Fighting With Heavy Weapons When I Know My Physical Capabilities Can Grow To No Limits. Third, Thinking Carefully, I Can't Really Utilize My Full Strength If I Am Hindered By A Shield While Fighting. Sure Someone Can But I Can't.

    I've Read One Comment In Your Previous Discussion About DAGGERS/Short Sword Being Assassination Weapon? That's A Distorted Idea. [EDITED: Distorted Because It's NOT ONLY For Assassination.] Daggers/Short Swords Can Equally Fight Others Given They Can Utilize Reversal Skills. Sure They Have Shorter Reach But They Have Their Own QUIRKs And I'm Not Obligated To List It Here.

    Now You Can Maybe Use My Words As A Point To WHY YOU CAN USE SCYTHEs? Sure~. The Only Thing I Find Horrible In Your Previous Discussions Is The TWO Of You Made An Argument With PandaBee And Resort To "It's FANTASY~" Logic. Sure, This Discussion Was Made For Fun, But I Find No REAL Restrictions Where It Says YOU CAN'T Make A Discussion About Certain Things. And When The Two Of You Tried To Defend Your Side, You Just Said "I'm Right Because Anything Can Happen".

    Hell, PandaBee Even Made A Sarcasm Regarding That Thing. And The Two Of You Never Really Get His/Her Point. The Other Guy Even Added The OH-SOME Duckies Are Not Trash And Might Be The BEST WEAPON EVER~! But Sadly That's Not The Point.

    The Fact Here Is You Are Given A CHOICE To PICK A Soul Weapon That Will Accompany You For Your Entire Life. The Question Then Is: "Why Willingly Use Unorthodox Weapons When You Can Use The More Practical Ones?" Add To The Fact That You Might Not Be Able To Change It Back Is Really Depressing.

    My Answer Is Because I Know What I'm Doing. I Don't Take "Fantasy" For Granted And I Know The Advantages And Disadvantages Of The Weapon I'll Pick.

    AND BTW... The Reason Why Tang-san's Unawaken Blue Silver Emperor Is So Versatile Is Because It's NOT Something Only USED FOR COMBAT. As For Scythe... Well Yeah, It's For Combat And For Cutting Weeds... Wait It's Fantasy So You Can Maybe Add Logs To The List. ^_^

    (NOTE: There's Also Some Occasion Dou And Haz-senpai Are Contradicting Themselves. Where IT IS? The Scythe And The 'No Monstrous Strength Allowed'. You Sure That Scythe Isn't Heavier Than The Usual Heavy Sword? *smiles* There Are Some More So Don't Be Shy Asking Me Away. I'm Just Preventing Myself To Say Them Since It's Too Shameful To Use It When I Didn't Even Participate In That Discussion.)




    Lol, I Can See That You Are Not Really Giving Too Much Thought About The Argument. Like "It's Fantasy So Heck I Can Beam Death Aura With My Scythe!" Kind Of Idea. How Cute... If You Say That Then I Will Also Say "It's Fantasy So I Want A FULL PLATE ARMOR WITH DEATH AURA MANIPULATION AND OTHER STUFFS!" And I Can Say It's A Better Idea. I'll Have Defensive Capabilities And Can Cause Death To My Enemies. I Won't Even Fear With LR Attacks~!

    You Dare Say It's Impossible? FANTASY... So Yeah... I Think It's Already Said Before But If You Just Use FANTASY For Your Defense Then Continuing The Argument Is Pointless. ^_^
    That's some long ass comment. I can't be bothered to read it fully. :P Tho with the heavy sword thing, anyone with enugh strength can learn to lift it. It isn't hard to gain strength in xianxia..... You basically need to increase your cultivation. 
  • edited December 2015
    EliteHaz said:

    That's some long ass comment. I can't be bothered to read it fully. :P Tho with the heavy sword thing, anyone with enugh strength can learn to lift it. It isn't hard to gain strength in xianxia..... You basically need to increase your cultivation. 

    That's Considered Long?! O_O Btw, My Evaluation Of Stories Are Usually Longer So Be Prepared For A LONGER One When The Time Comes I Read Your Original Novel~! ^_^

    Ohh~... Cultivation Is So Evil... >_> If Cultivation Is Real And A Well-Known Concept In Our World, All Of The Hardworking People Will Become NEETs And The Former NEETs Will Become Harem Lords. >_>
  • EliteHaz said:

    That's some long ass comment. I can't be bothered to read it fully. :P Tho with the heavy sword thing, anyone with enugh strength can learn to lift it. It isn't hard to gain strength in xianxia..... You basically need to increase your cultivation. 

    That's Considered Long?! O_O Btw, My Evaluation Of Stories Are Usually Longer So Be Prepared For A LONGER One When The Time Comes I Read Your Original Novel~! ^_^

    Ohh~... Cultivation Is So Evil... >_> If Cultivation Is Real And A Well-Known Concept In Our World, All Of The Hardworking People Will Become NEETs And The Former NEETs Will Become Harem Lords. >_>



    What's with writing ever word with a capital? It makes it really awkward to read...
  • edited December 2015

    What's with writing ever word with a capital? It makes it really awkward to read...

    My Writing Style In Forums... I Think There Are Some People Doing This In Other Forums...

    Well I Was Just Doing This For Fun A Decade Ago But My Pinky Finger Got Addicted Pressing The Shift. Now It Grows Restless If It Won't Tap The Shift Button "Once In A While".

    Well I Posted This In Some Thread Before But If Someone Find It Bothersome In WW, I Don't Really Mind Reverting to the normal way. ^_^
  • Walls and walls of text, that noone will ever read.
  • Could I have a Gunblade? I mean it's a sword that can also shoot............................If not then i'd pick a crossbow.
  • edited December 2015
    pandaBee said:

    Walls and walls of text, that noone will ever read.

    Lol, I Don't Mind... I Got Really Accustomed On Forum Arguments With Those "Wall Of Texts"  As The Norm, So I "Accidentally" Brought It Here. ^_^

    Also Accustomed On Getting Ignored For Those Stuff~! /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Xzavon said:

    Could I have a Gunblade? I mean it's a sword that can also shoot............................If not then i'd pick a crossbow.

    Sure~! There's No Limit~!
  • A crafting item such as alchemist pot, blacksmith hammer etc etc.

    Or shields.

    I'd become a mage though with the shields to defend me, and become a 1 man army.
  • I'd probably prefer daggers and if not that punch daggers.

    On the topic of scythes, while they are great for the mythos of Thanatos and appearance they lack functionality over all. If they had abilities that counteracted the major flaws of the weapon and added additional power I could see it easily it becoming a better weapon overall. The major drawbacks for scythes is that to wield them as weapons you need more training than a sword or a spear or an axe, it can take 4x the amount of training for scythes. The major flaw from that training is a majority of it is spent learning to wield the scythe without hurting yourself.

    In terms of the heavy sword, the major flaws of it is the extremely long wind up for most attacks, predictability, speed, and recover times between attacks. If the weapon had abilities to improve its speed/predictability it could easily be more viable. The other reason this weapon is impractical is the amount of strength training and endurance/stamina to continually wield it in combat. When the heavy sword was previously used in the middle ages, the wielder normally practiced for years in heavy armor and with swords of lighter weights to work up to the heavy swords, also battles could last for hours and then have a short break before resuming.

    Both weapons are impractical by themselves without some fantasy benefit making them more viable. By the way punch daggers are impractical as well unless wielded with a type of martial arts that benefits from it.
  • Resurrecting a 2015 thread? Okay I'll bite.

    I'd probably have to go with a spear or sword if i was only focused on practicality.  Since these would probably be the most common and weapons and as such it would be easier to get trained in their usage. 

    However if I wanted my "dream weapon", for anyone that has played Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, twin sickles like Malthael, simply because of how badass it looks to me.
  • halberd/pole axe will be my main weapon
Sign In or Register to comment.