Novel Situation: What's your spirit Weapon?

Novel Situation: What's your spirit Weapon?


The God of Rebirth Truck-Kun has blessed you with a Spirit Weapon.
He is a fair God so you have been given the option to chose the weapon.

Spirit Weapons are weapons that brought out by the soul. These spirit weapons often show up in popular series of animation, comics, and novels.  Usually, with continuous and intense care by the user, a spirit weapon
can grow up to a point where it can easily surpass the abilities of upgraded or enchanted weapons.

Examples of Series with Soul Weapons
Soul Land
Chaotic Sword God
Bleach

Example Weapons
Kitchen Knife
Textbook
Spirit Beast
Mask
Bucket
Shovel
Teeth
Wings
Claws
Penical
Hair Pin
Fists
Alchemist Cauldron
Short Sword
Long Sword
Duel Sword
Pick axe
Sculpting Blade
Dagger
Duel Swords
Duel Daggers
Scythe
Halberd
image

......
.......
........
other

Tagged:
«134

Comments

  • If I chose my spirit weapon then it'd def be scythe. But if it was suited to me then I'd prob have bow or staff.
  • I would love to be able to have a katana because i love slim swords, however if it needs to be suitable to me then I'd end up with a kitchen knife. 
  • Dunno why, but I would prefer Halberd, or rather Spear
  • This is hard choice. My eyes glitter at the scythe, I smile at fast katana, I want to hold a Halberd, but I really never got over Haseo from Hack Gu so if I got to chose duel weapons  which are fast as in the sai. Though if we are being sent to another world I want a battle Fan or Parsol for the ability to fly (travel) and handle covert operations. Well... if I being honest with myself, my good nature is more suited towards the alchemist cauldron(Witch doctor) or warhammer (blacksmith).
  • A rope, so I can use it for kinky stuff, kekeke!
  • Dual Kodachi's of opposing elements. Either Light and Dark, or Fire and Water/Ice
  • edited November 2015
    Dice , cards or a gourd with an infinite volume of the finest alcohol c:
  • I've always been a fan of dual swords, long and short.
  • A hammer scythe like the one they have in Zui Wu Dao. I can beat up the people i want and then kill my enemies with the scythe.

  • edited November 2015
    Something like prince of Persia daggertail.
  • edited November 2015
    Heavy sword. cultivators have crazy grips so it wouldn't make sense not to take advantage of heavier, weightier weapons. 

    Scythes are terrible weapons, but I guess if you wanted to be a manual-labor farmer or a heavy duty lawn mower, it would be alright.
  • pandaBee said:

    Heavy sword. cultivators have crazy grips so it wouldn't make sense not to take advantage of heavier, weightier weapons. 


    Scythes are terrible weapons, but I guess if you wanted to be a manual-labor farmer or a heavy duty lawn mower, it would be alright.
    LOL. Scythe is just cool, but when you think about it shouldn't the better the weapon be the harder it is to learn? Scythe doesn't seem to hard of a weapon to learn and I think the personification of death in greek mythology, Thanatos, uses a scythe. So that's a bonus.
  • edited November 2015
    EliteHaz said:

    pandaBee said:

    Heavy sword. cultivators have crazy grips so it wouldn't make sense not to take advantage of heavier, weightier weapons. 


    Scythes are terrible weapons, but I guess if you wanted to be a manual-labor farmer or a heavy duty lawn mower, it would be alright.
    LOL. Scythe is just cool, but when you think about it shouldn't the better the weapon be the harder it is to learn? Scythe doesn't seem to hard of a weapon to learn and I think the personification of death in greek mythology, Thanatos, uses a scythe. So that's a bonus.
    Not necessarily, no. When learning a weapon you need a few things, first is the basic physical requirements to use the weapon. Strength, power, stamina, etc.
    The second is technique. Being able to make clean strokes and reduce inefficient movement, learning to use your kinetic chains of movement fluidly to generate the most force, etc.
    Now the thing with technique is that training it requires you to develop strong motor skills related to the weapon in question. So if I wanted to train in the sword for example, I would strengthen my basic attributes and general athleticism and practice the motor movements of the weapon with the weapon in which I want to use.

    So basically, if you want to get good at swinging a sword, you've gotta swing a sword. If I invented some wonky looking club like apparatus and told you to use that instead, yes it would be much harder to use but that doesn't mean that it is a better weapon, or that it would help me improve with the sword.

    So the important thing when choosing a weapon is the things that it can do and what you want to do. 

    Anything that a scythe can do, other weapons can do much better. The only scythe like weapon that I can think of that people ever implemented are war-scythes, and in this case the blades are not pointed towards the wielder, but are pointed outwards; basically it's like a cutlass on a pole.
    Scythes are just inefficient terrible weapons in general, they're great for cutting down stalks when you're farming but if you're trying to kill someone with it you might as well just use a cutlass instead.

    Scythes are really easy to block and avoid, and on top of this they're awkward to yield due to the way the blade is positioned. You literally need to get your opponent behind the blade in order to slash into them, but this usually requires that you open your arms up and leave a huge defenseless gap. What kind of opponent will let you do this? 
  • This is the type of scythe I meant:

    image

    Even you miss when you swipe the opponent, you can hit them with the other side. Also, you can never lose the scythe because the chain always allows you to keep your hold on the scythe. Besides, it is much faster than swords for a sure kill. Since this scythe is supposed to be a spirit weapon, it can possess two different types of spirit abilities if this is supposed to be like Soul Land: Super-strong attacks for the hammer and quick attacks for the scythe. Also, the scythe is a very difficult weapon to learn, so once you master it, you would be able to massacre people, especially with this scythe because it is multi-purpose.

    And besides pandaBee, why do you need to be so rude about what others choose a weapon? Since you started it, I will respond in kind.

    Heavy swords are super slow. Even if you master it, it's only useful when involving brute force because you won't be any match for a master of weapons that are agile, such as the dual swords or scythe. After all, the true weakness of the heavy swords is that when they miss, their opponent can kill them if you do not retract your sword to defend fast enough. Also, if you have spirit abilities, they must mostly be strength based because of the fact that you would be weakening yourself if you attempted to get agility type techniques. Even thought Xianxia MCs like Yun Che use them, that is because they have OP abilities to cover for it or something like the Evil God's powers.
  • pandaBee said:

    EliteHaz said:

    pandaBee said:

    Heavy sword. cultivators have crazy grips so it wouldn't make sense not to take advantage of heavier, weightier weapons. 


    Scythes are terrible weapons, but I guess if you wanted to be a manual-labor farmer or a heavy duty lawn mower, it would be alright.
    LOL. Scythe is just cool, but when you think about it shouldn't the better the weapon be the harder it is to learn? Scythe doesn't seem to hard of a weapon to learn and I think the personification of death in greek mythology, Thanatos, uses a scythe. So that's a bonus.
    Not necessarily, no. When learning a weapon you need a few things, first is the basic physical requirements to use the weapon. Strength, power, stamina, etc.
    The second is technique. Being able to make clean strokes and reduce inefficient movement, learning to use your kinetic chains of movement fluidly to generate the most force, etc.
    Now the thing with technique is that training it requires you to develop strong motor skills related to the weapon in question. So if I wanted to train in the sword for example, I would strengthen my basic attributes and general athleticism and practice the motor movements of the weapon with the weapon in which I want to use.

    So basically, if you want to get good at swinging a sword, you've gotta swing a sword. If I invented some wonky looking club like apparatus and told you to use that instead, yes it would be much harder to use but that doesn't mean that it is a better weapon, or that it would help me improve with the sword.

    So the important thing when choosing a weapon is the things that it can do and what you want to do. 

    Anything that a scythe can do, other weapons can do much better. The only scythe like weapon that I can think of that people ever implemented are war-scythes, and in this case the blades are not pointed towards the wielder, but are pointed outwards; basically it's like a cutlass on a pole.
    Scythes are just inefficient terrible weapons in general, they're great for cutting down stalks when you're farming but if you're trying to kill someone with it you might as well just use a cutlass instead.

    Scythes are really easy to block and avoid, and on top of this they're awkward to yield due to the way the blade is positioned. You literally need to get your opponent behind the blade in order to slash into them, but this usually requires that you open your arms up and leave a huge defenseless gap. What kind of opponent will let you do this? 
    This is fantasy. Weapons don't need to be terribly efficient irl for them to work in fantasy, if they did then I don't think heavy swords would be a good weapon and several protagonists use them. Also why be a buzzkill about it? It's just a sick weapon that I enjoy. 
  • edited November 2015
    I'm not being rude, if you take it as me being rude then that's your problem. There's a good reason why soldiers and armies never used scythes in combat you know. 

    Scythes can only slash, and have a very small effective range
    They're cumbersome and heavy, and because of the awkward positioning of the blade it makes transmitting force difficult
    They're also easily blocked and countered because of how predictable they are. 
    If I had a blade or a spear I could simply block your slash coming from the side then kick you in the groin or bash your face in with my other hand. Then you die. There's really not much you can do with a scythe in combat.

    Also, it doesn't really make much sense to have a chain attached to a long stave weapon, if it was perhaps some kind of projectile I would understand, but the chain is merely a cosmetic appendage and not a practical one.

    Heavy swords are slow, yes. But if I was strong enough to lift and throw thousands of pounds with ease then it makes much more sense for me to wield a heavy weapon than a light one. Would you want to go to war with a stick or a club? I assumed that we have cultivation bases so the fact that it's heavier than a normal sword is not a problem at all. 
  • But, think about it, this is not a regular heavy sword. These are spirit weapons. They would most likely be heavier than the real thing. Also, like EliteHaz said, this isn't supposed to be realistic. These are fantasy weapons. If you can make them strong enough, they would be OP. Besides, look at the picture. The scythe is a hammer as well, which serves as offensive power. Also, if you use a scythe, you have to be pretty fast because one would only use a weapon that suits them. They also probably wouldn't come out and act like an arrogant Xianxia MC. They would have to be smart. And soldiers won't use them because think about it, you have to be talented or strong. If soldiers were either of those things, they would be promoted, especially in a Xianxia world. Also, dude, the chain helps because if weapons like the scythe are disarmed, you can make sure you could get them back. Also this scythe could be swung like a staff, if used properly.
  • What makes you think a spirit weapon would be heavier or lighter than its physical counterpart? 
    I'm sure you could strengthen a crappy weapon and make it strong, but why do this when you can choose a proper, practical weapon instead?
    At the end of the day, a soul weapon is a weapon. It's used for fighting. You're going to have much more success fighting with a sword, spear, axe, -insert any proper, practical weapon here-, etc. versus say a toothbrush, a rubberducky, a basketball or a scythe.
  • pandaBee said:

    What makes you think a spirit weapon would be heavier or lighter than its physical counterpart? 

    I'm sure you could strengthen a crappy weapon and make it strong, but why do this when you can choose a proper, practical weapon instead?
    At the end of the day, a soul weapon is a weapon. It's used for fighting. You're going to have much more success fighting with a sword, spear, axe, -insert any proper, practical weapon here-, etc. versus say a toothbrush, a rubberducky, a basketball or a scythe.
    Hmm..... Why go for a heavy sword, when you could go for a shield and a normal sword? If you're talking about sword beams or any of that rubbish then couldn't something similar be for a scythe? If you're gonna be talking bout aura then a scythe should have a deathly aura as it's been shown as a weapon of death. 
  • pandaBee *sigh*, why must you think a weapon must only be what you believe it to be? Are you some kinda god that decides what's a weapon and what's not. Anything can be a weapon if used properly.

    A rubber duck could possess the spirit abilities for size change, so it could expand instantly with a great force to knock out opponents. It could have a float ability. It would be resistant to lightning. It could have a squeak ability that would send out an incredible force from within it.

    What you're saying is akin to what those sore losers, who think power is everything, said in Soul Land. I mean, Tang San became a true genius, for the most part, by using grass, for Pete's sake.

    Unless you want to say Tang San was an idiot for having a spirit that "can't be used for fighting", then i'm pretty sure this is: Game.Set.Match. 8-}
  • edited November 2015
    Well if you're working on the premise that a soul weapon doesn't match up with the common sense of reality (i.e. swords are more useful in battle than rubber duckies), then I guess you could create a universe or a world where you can slap people with meatballs and crush them with vaseline oil or instead of shooting people with gums you do it with party streamers, but such a world would be rather comedic, no? And that is why I laugh at people who wank over scythes, because it is almost as comedic and nonsensical to me to use such a thing in battle as it is to use the other things I just mentioned.

    @EliteHaz Id be okay with having a shield, but since we were talking about weapons my favorite has always been the heavy sword.
  • Why must it be comedic? If the rubber duck really was a soul weapon, it could massacre hundreds. And if you must insist, I think that a heavy sword is a dumb weapon. It would purely be focused on power, neglecting speed. Also, the point of a soul weapon should be for abilities. For a heavy sword, you have to focus on your own physical abilities, which sort of contradicts the point.

    Also, you make me wonder if you really read xianxia/wuxia. MCs are usually underestimated because everyone thinks they're weak. Tang San was thought to have a trash spirit, but what do you know? He became a fricking god.

    And it was not even plot armor, but his genius that let him achieve this. Any spirit can be the best with proper brains.

    But, sadly, it seems that you must not have any. Do you want me to lend you some or are you gonna start a donation queue?
  • edited November 2015
    No reason to get upset my friend. The fact of the matter is that scythes are terrible weapons, but I guess you chose that purposefully because you want to make people believe you're gimped by using a worthless weapon when actually you're some kind of super special snowflake like Tang San. I see what you did there.

    Though frankly, hyperexpanding super rubber duckies sounds cooler to me, personally.
  • doudou
    edited November 2015
    Whatever, just forget it. But get this: You can't determine a weapon's potential based on how it looks.

    Also, if I may add, other than the scythe, I would
    love to have an Ice spirit weapon, which would freeze an opponent. It would suit a scythe user.
  • Sword looks pretty nice , the kind of sword on Chaotic Sword God
  • Or the one on Xian Ni
  • pandaBee said:

    Well if you're working on the premise that a soul weapon doesn't match up with the common sense of reality (i.e. swords are more useful in battle than rubber duckies), then I guess you could create a universe or a world where you can slap people with meatballs and crush them with vaseline oil or instead of shooting people with gums you do it with party streamers, but such a world would be rather comedic, no? And that is why I laugh at people who wank over scythes, because it is almost as comedic and nonsensical to me to use such a thing in battle as it is to use the other things I just mentioned.


    @EliteHaz Id be okay with having a shield, but since we were talking about weapons my favorite has always been the heavy sword.
    That's not the point of the matter......... I'm saying why choose a heavy sword when you could have a shield and normal sword. If it's cos we're talking bout favourites then mine is the scythe. You say that a scythe is a horrible weapon, but now so is a heavy sword. Contradiction much?
  • Sighs... Why be a vicious panda? This is suppose to be fun. :)

    ....................................................

    Truck-kun is trying to dissuade me in the amazing potential of battle fan.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a1/9a/56/a19a5628df075c4d9d2aee9dd8c622e1.jpghttp://halloweenunleashed.com/images/DG39283%5B1%5D.jpg


    imageimageimageimageImage result for anime fan weaponimage


    What to do?


    Image result for anime fan weapon

    Must stay strong don't let evil god trick me!

    Image result for alchemist furnace

    Alchemist Cauldron is my soul weapon!



  • edited November 2015
    EliteHaz said:

    pandaBee said:

    Well if you're working on the premise that a soul weapon doesn't match up with the common sense of reality (i.e. swords are more useful in battle than rubber duckies), then I guess you could create a universe or a world where you can slap people with meatballs and crush them with vaseline oil or instead of shooting people with gums you do it with party streamers, but such a world would be rather comedic, no? And that is why I laugh at people who wank over scythes, because it is almost as comedic and nonsensical to me to use such a thing in battle as it is to use the other things I just mentioned.


    @EliteHaz Id be okay with having a shield, but since we were talking about weapons my favorite has always been the heavy sword.
    That's not the point of the matter......... I'm saying why choose a heavy sword when you could have a shield and normal sword. If it's cos we're talking bout favourites then mine is the scythe. You say that a scythe is a horrible weapon, but now so is a heavy sword. Contradiction much?
    Heavy sword > Scythe 
    Checkmate, atheists.

    Also, I love how you're just ignoring everything I say to wank over a scythe. Geez man.

    Why do people use swords over daggers? A dagger is basically just a small, short sword isn't it? So why not just use a dagger, huh? If you can answer that question you will realize why it's not a crazy choice to use a heavy sword under the assumption that we have cultivation bases (essentially superhuman).
  • pandaBee, you're just whining. Maybe in your fantasy world, scythes can't beat heavy swords, but let me tell you: that's just a damn fantasy. Scythes can definitely beat heavy swords the f used properly.

    Besides, why do you have to use heavy swords if you're superhuman. If you think heavy swords can be swung more easily because you're superhuman, then a sword would be better since it would be faster and you could still exert the same force with your cultivation base.

    Besides, you're the wanker because you're not good enough to use a scythe. Since you got no brains, the only thing you would be able to do is swing it.

    Also, a dagger can overpower a heavy sword. Using the right techniques, anything can overpower another weapon. It's called brains over brawns, but wait, you got none.

    Also, the one ignoring people is you.
Sign In or Register to comment.