Explain the cosmology

Ok, I am only up to book 19, but I did have a look at the wiki etc. But I wanted to see if my understanding of the cosmology is correct.

So we start of with the three realms (mortal, heaven and nether realm). The mortal realm with its 3000 major and trillions minor worlds (presumably they mean inhabitable ones which includes Earth). So the mortal realm would be analogous to our universe. Could then the heaven realm and nether realm be other universes affiliated with our own? Now since the creation myth consisted of these three realms being split from Pangu's world (which was called a Chaosworld when it was still around), then one Chaosworld is at least universe size.

The are other Chaosworld's like the one the Seamless gate originally came from, so these other Chaosworlds are also universes in their own right, and at least have similar size to ours.

Next does several Chaosworlds form a Chaosverse. So the Chaosverse would be the "local" multiverse.

There are several Chaosverses, so several Chaosverses forms the Megaverse?

Is this correct?

Comments

• Ok, I am only up to book 19, but I did have a look at the wiki etc. But I wanted to see if my understanding of the cosmology is correct.

So we start of with the three realms (mortal, heaven and nether realm). The mortal realm with its 3000 major and trillions minor worlds (presumably they mean inhabitable ones which includes Earth). So the mortal realm would be analogous to our universe. Could then the heaven realm and nether realm be other universes affiliated with our own? Now since the creation myth consisted of these three realms being split from Pangu's world (which was called a Chaosworld when it was still around), then one Chaosworld is at least universe size.

The are other Chaosworld's like the one the Seamless gate originally came from, so these other Chaosworlds are also universes in their own right, and at least have similar size to ours.

Next does several Chaosworlds form a Chaosverse. So the Chaosverse would be the "local" multiverse.

Is this correct?
    I like your theory do you mean like their dimensions living beside ours like stranger things?
  • The upside down or is it just like a rick and morty dimension realm slighty changes but overall i s similar
  • I haven't seen strange things, but I think I get what you're saying. From the descriptions given, I think the Chaoverse is supposed to be a multiverse. So using an example of some other fiction, the Marvel multiverse. There are numerous marvel universes and alternate time lines and these form the multiverse. However Marvel isn't the only  company with a multiverse. For example, DC comics has  their own multiverse. So if  you combine every multiverse from franchises, you get the megaverse.

I think the Chaosverse is supposed to be analogous to the multiverse, and all the Chaoverses is supposed to be the Megaverse. However I haven't read all of DE, so that's why I am asking.
  • Marvel and dc that would be one hell of a multiverse prime superman carrying planets on his back. Anyway I have a queston is wuxia the as xianxia I have recently I have started reading chat cultivation group and I noticed I see some of the same stuff
  • No. Wuxia is martial arts fiction with acts of chivalry. So the one that is more well known to Western audiences would be Crouching Tiger  hidden dragon. The characters has superhuman martial arts skill, but they tend to not even be Spiderman level of power. Wuxiaworld has a fear of them, like 7 killers or Dragon King with seven stars.

Xianxia reads frankly like some RPG where the gamemaster allows the players to level up to godlike levels. It involves cultivation of magical powers (usually derived from ancient Taoist practices) and of course the cultivation advancement takes the form of levelling up like an RPG. 

Also when characters level up in Xianxia, they are frankly more powerful than Superman at the middle to end of the series.
  • Even prime? I recommend stranger things if you are interested in the dimensions living beside each other Sweeper Monk said:
    No. Wuxia is martial arts fiction with acts of chivalry. So the one that is more well known to Western audiences would be Crouching Tiger  hidden dragon. The characters has superhuman martial arts skill, but they tend to not even be Spiderman level of power. Wuxiaworld has a fear of them, like 7 killers or Dragon King with seven stars.

Xianxia reads frankly like some RPG where the gamemaster allows the players to level up to godlike levels. It involves cultivation of magical powers (usually derived from ancient Taoist practices) and of course the cultivation advancement takes the form of levelling up like an RPG. 

Also when characters level up in Xianxia, they are frankly more powerful than Superman at the middle to end of the series.
    Which group do i fit in? I like martial arts i also like cultivation have u read cultivation chat
  • Also cool name
  • Btw are you more if wuxia ir xianxia 
  • edited July 1
    1. More Xianxia these days, although I would watch Chinese wuxia adaptations back in the day, mainly during the early to middle 2000s. 

2. At least more stronger than some versions of Superman from what you can calculate. Let me give an example from say Martial World.

Chapter 2063 - Astral vault god king has revealed he cultivated on the surface of a “dead star” ie neutron star and wields a sword made out of the material ie neutronium. The sword is 3 inches wide, one foot long and 8 fen thick (1 fen = 0.33 cm). Converting to metric this means the sword has rough dimensions of 0.0264 metres x 0.075 metres x 0.33 metres for a volume of 0.0006534 cubic metres.

Neutronium has a density of   1017 kg/m3   so the sword has a mass of 65,340,000,000,000 kg or around 65 trillion kg.

Now lets take a look at the heavier surface gravity of a neutron star.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_gravity

The neutron star's compactness gives it a surface gravity of up to 7×1012 m/s² compared to earth’s of 9.807 m/s². So this makes it 713,775,874,375 times Earth’s.

So to lift the sword and escape from the neutron star’s gravity, Astral vault king must at least be able to lift 46,638,115,631,691,648,822,269,807 kg in Earth’s gravity or 4.66 E25 kg or 4.66 E 22 tonnes or 46 trillion trillion tonnes

Note it explicitly states he broke off part of the dead star to use for his sword, so he must have lifted this part off the star’s superior gravity.

By contrast Superman in All Star Superman #1 was stated to lift 200 quintillion tons or 181.4 quintillion metric tonnes. This was after he was supersaturated with solar radiation to be 3 times his normal strength. So regular Superman lifts 6.05 E 22 kg and Superman saturated with radiation lifts 1.8 E 23 kg. That's two orders of magnitude less (ie 100 times less) than the Astral Vault God, and later on in the story, the MC becomes stronger than Astral Vault God.

3. Now that I have read further on, the cosmology tidbits give more information. For example Book 23 chapter 2 states that Earth is in its own POCKET space time continuum but part of the three realms. So the three realms is bigger than our universe since our universe is a pocket dimension. We don't know how big the pocket dimension is to the three realms, but I assume its smaller. 

• Thats too much math for me
  • Doesnt superman get stronger the longer he stays in the sun?
  • He did carry a book of infinite pages
  • edited July 11
    Ok, I am only up to book 19, but I did have a look at the wiki etc. But I wanted to see if my understanding of the cosmology is correct.

Is this correct?
    Loll I just wrote basically an essay explain the world in Desolate era to the greatest of detail just for the draft to miss and be erase T_T 

Well, once again I'll explain the world structure in this story starting from the smallest to the largest.

Before I get into the stages though let me explain the three realms. the reason why the three realms is so vastly different from the other Chaosworld is because of the collision it had when two Chaosworld’s collide with each other. When these two worlds collided, they broke into many different pieces these pieces range from large to small and begin to float around and it forms into a spiral similar to the Milky way with 3 layers. the smaller pieces were known as the trillions of lesser worlds while the bigger pieces were known as the 3000 major worlds. this is a build up of 2 suns X 8 size worlds so of course, it's going to be huge! the major powers of this world decide to separate them with the 6-reincarnation cycle 

The Netherworld Kingdom Realm consists of the Ghost Realm and the Hell Realm.

The Mortal Realm consists of both the Human Realm and the Animal Realm.

The Heaven Realm consists of the Deva Realm and the Asura Realm.

but speaking literally the author never expand properly on how this is truly structured out we don't truly know where the Heaven Realm is located within all those worlds and from what I read all of those 3000 worlds and lesser worlds are mortal realms so the only thing I can come up with is that the heaven realm is buildup of mini space world which the ether the pure Yang Immortal are elder gods build and the same for the Netherworld. 

Chaosworld – A Chaosworld is a vast world (Planet) think of it as the size of a sun multiply by 8. A Chaosworld may be naturally born by the universe or created by any World/chaos Level expert and above. A chaos world can also be created if a Fiendgod at the Eternal Emperor level and above dies. If an Eternal Emperor perished, each of his godgems could give birth to a new chaosworld. It's not stated if this is possible for an Emperor but at the Autarch level you can remove your godgems and place anywhere. It also never explains what sort of impact such action can cause. chaos worlds that are brought to being by a Godgem from an Eternal Emperor and up are more special than a natural breath chaos world and one that an expert below can create. A Chaos world is also formed after the collapse of the previous chaosworld. The collapse world then forms a world heart that gives birth to Fiendgods, the strongest Fiendgod will be at a World God level from birth it will then be force guided by the laws of the universe to create a Chaosworld. It will die after completing this task. Even though generally speaking any world level expert can Create a Chaosworld without dying after the process. but it seems it can be due to lack of power, Knowledge, and experience that resulted in these natural birthed world level experts to overly exhausting them self in the creation of a Chaosworld. Chaos world generally has a life span from 1 to 10 chaos cycle at max.

Everworld – An Everworld is an upgrade version of a chaosworld. Everworlds can be created by an expert at the level of an Emperor and up. When Everworlds are being created the creator can set up certain laws for example if they wish to not allow others to fly in there everworld they can set up 'skybane' banned flying to all creatures within the Everworld, only someone that is close to the creator level of power or stronger can resist these laws. Everworlds also have an extremely long life span compare to Chaosworlds (though the book never stated how long they last) Everworld is also many times bigger than a Chaosworld.

Territory – A territory is a region that is a buildup of many different Chaosworlds and Everworlds. It can be round 10,000 of these World or even more, a territory is usually set up when someone claims a regional area. It's like a Super large solar system. A small territory might be ruled by a World level expert while extremely large ones can even be ruled by a Hegemon

Realmverse - A Realmverse is a collection of territories. It's like a galaxy it contains many different territories a Realmverse can have a limitless life span as long as all-natural disasters that are born from the Universe are resolved. Only an Autarch can prevent such disaster but even so they will usually avoid interfering with it. if this natural disaster is left alone it will destroy the entire Realmverse leaving only the more powerful cultivators with no other choice but to wonder the endless dark in search of another Realmverse to occupied. They will receive disdain by the locals of that Realmverse and label as aliens. 

Otherverse - This is like another Realmverse from one's own. many of these Otherverse are created by Autarch. they usually have different laws from natural Realmverse and can have some laws more prominent than the other. for example, one may enter a Realmverse where the Dao of the sword is missing this can severely weaken a cultivator that solely rely on the Dao of sword. If you have a true soul or heart lamp in a Realmverse entering another Realmverse will cause the connection between it to be lost. you will also lose connection to any avatar if you are weak. if you reach the level of an Autarch or an Omega Emperor level with high enough achievement in the power of spacetime traveling between one Realmverse to another will be as easy as taking a single step depending on the distance from it. 

Chaosverse/Universe - A Chaosverse is the collection of all the above it has an almost infinite amount of space it can also be called a Universe. I imagine the universe should be like a bubble within the Omniverse it may shape like a large world and not an infinite world when looking at it from the outside but thanks to the power of space it expands to an unlimited level when inside. It also has its own Dao laws that can only fit for a specific type of cultivation. The Universe can be bind via two ways one an Omega Autarch can bind the universe they are born in as long as it's currently vacant. Another way is to severely weaken the universe to the point that it will not overload an Autarch that wishes to bind it. Anyone who Binds that Universe will be title as Chaos Lord they will be the true ruler of that universe with infinite powers and ability is basically impossible to do anything to them when they have the power of their universe. if, however, a parallel universe invader should so ever bind another Universe that they do not belong to. that universe very structure will change to match the universe that this parallel universe being came from. This will result in the death of all the local inhabitants in that universe and anyone else born in that universe after will be exactly as the other parallel universe. 

Omniverse/Multiverse - The Omniverse also known as multiverse is the collection of all the Multiple different universes. Chaos Lords are able to utilize there Universe power while outside of their Universe in the Omniverse but if they enter any of the other Universes that are within the Omniverse they will lose connection to their Universe power and also get suppressed by that universe only 'Void creatures' that are born within the Omniverse would feel a negligible suppression when entering a universe (This is only because they lack any understanding of the Dao and rely on their own inner power and body to reach the level there are at. only if you train in the Dao would a universe suppression truly affect you). 

I believe that if someone was ever able to bind the Omniverse and become a 'Supreme Omniverse Lord' they will no longer be suppressed if they enter any of the other universes within its Omniverse. They should also gain the ability to erase any universe within their Omniverse or suppress it.

• I haven't had a look at the wiki are we in the mortal realm right?
  • edited July 3
    jaderiver said:
    I haven't had a look at the wiki are we in the mortal realm right?
    what do you mean? if you're referring to 

The Netherworld Kingdom Realm, The Mortal Realm, The Heaven Realm then yes Ji Ning went to the mortal realm when he was reborn though he was supposed to go to heaven realm. Honestly, it never showed any difference between heaven and the major mortal worlds.

• fable242 said:
    jaderiver said:
    I haven't had a look at the wiki are we in the mortal realm right?
    what do you mean? if you're referring to 

The Netherworld Kingdom Realm, The Mortal Realm, The Heaven Realm then yes Ji Ning went to the mortal realm when he was reborn though he was supposed to go to heaven realm. Honestly, it never showed any difference between heaven and the major mortal worlds.

I like chat cultivation group 
  • So in book 27 chapter 8 we find out that a new universe has different prime essences which affect the Dao. Basically the Dao appears to be just the laws of cultivation powers and laws of physics, since previously its mentioned no travelling faster than the speed of light is one of the Daos.

But we find earlier in book 24 chapter 30, Everworlds can also do the same thing.

So once a Chaosworld gets upgraded to Everworlds, they can also alter their own laws of reality making them different from the laws of reality of this universe, just like if it was in another universe with different laws?

To make it even more confusing, the surrounding space around the Three Realms is already bigger than our universe (since Earth is just  a pocket dimension of it), and presumably all the other Chaosworlds and surrounding space are also similar size since the Three Realms is considered small. It gets even better, because we find the primordial chaos (ie space between Chaosworlds is huge). In book 20 chapter 2, it will take Ning a trillion years to go from one chaosworld to a nearby one via the primordial chaos. Given he was travelling at light speed, that means the distance is 1 trillion light years (the observable universe is  a mere 90 billion light years). 

So this universe is freaking huge, but its just considered one universe.
  • edited July 11
    Explanation of structure so far was pretty nice, but I'll argue some of the scale numbers. A Chaosworld is not several times the size of the sun, it is much bigger. 

At the start of Book 7, Ning travels to a local commandery city and it is a trip of about a million kilometers. Area encompassed by a circle of that radius is 3,14 times 10 to the power of 12, just about half the surface area of the Sun. Yeah. And it's a small backwater commandery, of just one of the many worlds.

Size-wize, a Chaosworld is a bit hard to pin still. If we count each one of the "trillions of small worlds" as size of a commandery then yeah, they can match up to star count of a Galaxy. It is all much more tightly packed though as travel within a chaosworld is super easy and fast compared to galactic distances of hundreds of thousands light years.

Next, between the chaosworlds? He leaves Three Realms in book 24, taking half a month to reach the dimensional vortex, and 1 year 9 months to get to the spacetime transfer array. That's a tiny distance for to star travel, less then half between us and Alpha Centauri. Next, it does say a trillion years, but not a travel from just one chaosworld to another, it is to explore the entire Badlands Territory. Within five month he has passed by nine chaosworlds, and entire trip from the vortex to the array passes by 35 of them, so average distances between them are pretty small. There are just *tons* of them even in a single Territory, too many to normally visit one by one.

With comparison of a Chaosworld to a galaxy, this may put a Territory on similar scale to our observable universe in terms of sheer count, but again, MUCH tighter packed.

Things stop being tightly packed when we get to travel between Realmverses. By that point Ning can instantly teleport over an entire Territory. Lets say a million times lightspeed of effective travel speed (he can only fly at 100x c in combat, but this is teleporting, it goes faster). From Stone Hellephant Wall, it would take him a thousand years to get home, so about 10^12 light years in distance. 70 times the width of our observable universe.

Lets say Chaos Cycle is a trillion of years (it's more than that, but lets lowball here). It would take him a million chaos cycles to go to the nearby realmverse. 10 to the power of 24 light years.
  • So in book 27 chapter 8 we find out that a new universe has different prime essences which affect the Dao. Basically the Dao appears to be just the laws of cultivation powers and laws of physics, since previously its mentioned no travelling faster than the speed of light is one of the Daos.

But we find earlier in book 24 chapter 30, Everworlds can also do the same thing.

So once a Chaosworld gets upgraded to Everworlds, they can also alter their own laws of reality making them different from the laws of reality of this universe, just like if it was in another universe with different laws?

To make it even more confusing, the surrounding space around the Three Realms is already bigger than our universe (since Earth is just  a pocket dimension of it), and presumably all the other Chaosworlds and surrounding space are also similar size since the Three Realms is considered small. It gets even better, because we find the primordial chaos (ie space between Chaosworlds is huge). In book 20 chapter 2, it will take Ning a trillion years to go from one chaosworld to a nearby one via the primordial chaos. Given he was travelling at light speed, that means the distance is 1 trillion light years (the observable universe is  a mere 90 billion light years). 

So this universe is freaking huge, but its just considered one universe.
    That's not a different universe just an Otherverse.

If you read the info I place above I basically answer this though I did leave out one keynote if you're at an Autarch level then Otherverse world laws won't affect you. Also, there's a difference between how you may not be able to fly in an everworld vs a dao being missing in an Otherverse.

Before I get to that let me just explain about the prime essences each Chaosverse/ Universe has its own set of prime essence Once you reach the Autarch/Eternal Omega dao level you will basically be able to form a sort of connection with it and even be able to find the exact location.
    Now, most Otherverse shown in the story are created by Autarch and they develop something that I would call a prototype prime essences with the dao that they use to become an Autarch as the main. anyone who enters below that level can only sense the prime essence within that Otherverse. this is why if a dao they use is not present are is weaken in this Otherverse will affect their combat but if they have achieved Eternal Omega dao are reach the Autarch level then as long as they are in the Universe they will be able to sense the main prime essences which in turn make the effect null for them.
    The Everworld law restriction is purposely made but can be easily ignored if you reach a level close enough to the creator.
    For example Badlands everworld as long as you're a dao lord of the 4th step (are at that level of power) you can ignore the law restriction.

but for the info below this concerning the universe read what I wrote above I explain the different stages and what each are