Baby Deathblade memes, Yin Yang China, News and Misc. by Deathblade!

1235»

Comments

• Chronicles of Baby Deathblade

BDB had another first recently… his first fever and cold. I didn’t want any of you to be worried, so I waited until he recovered before mentioning it. He’s over the worst of it now, but the past couple days have been rough for both him as well as mom and dad. I snapped a pic when we took his temperature, and you can tell he’s definitely feeling under the weather. Poor little dude!

P.S. A new chapter of Refreshing Tales from the F5 Sect is up!

meme

meme

• Chronicles of Baby Deathblade

BDB pulled his first prank just now. As I was in the middle of making my final edit of chapter 674, I got up to go blow my nose. BDB quickly rolled over, and by banging on the keyboard, managed to erase the entire chapter, then restart my MacBook Air. For a moment I thought I lost all the proofreading and editing. Thankfully I was able to revert to an earlier version of the chapter, although all my own edits were gone, so I had to re-edit the chapter from the beginning. BDB!!!!

• Chronicles of Baby Deathblade:

Well, there is officially a new American citizen. We finally got BDB’s paperwork and passport from the American Embassy, and all I can say is that his passport pictures is VERY dapper. Check it out after the jump.

BDB

• Notes from Deathblade

There are a few more days left in the ISSTH fan fiction contest! Don’t miss the deadline! Submit your stories!!!!!! For those of you who mentioned to me you were worried about getting your story finished in time YOU CAN DO IT! For those of you who haven’t written anything yet, well, the weekend is coming up! Bust out that story which I KNOW is in your head!

“Major” change: Effective immediately, I am making some changes to capitalization of various terms. Some things that I did capitalize, I won’t from now on. There are also some things that I didn’t capitalize that I will. For example Spirit Stones will be spirit stones, yellow springs will be Yellow Springs. If you pay attention to that sort of thing you’ll probably notice right away. Eventually, I will go back to adjust previous chapters.

• Notes from Deathblade

I saw more than one reaction to the last chapter (both on reddit and here at wuxiaworld) that went something like this: “WTF. I can’t believe this!! 600 chapters wasted!!??? This is #^*$!%@ ridiculous! If this doesn’t @!$#@ get fixed then I’m @%@!%@# dropping ISSTH!!!!!!!!!” Or something like that. I’m glad that to see so much passion for ISSTH, however, I think some of you are very much in need of the special meme I created that you can see after the jump.

This release marks 5/7 guaranteed chapters and 7 sponsored chapters, for a total of 12 chapters this week!

calm

• Notes from Deathblade

I saw more than one reaction to the last chapter (both on reddit and here at wuxiaworld) that went something like this: “WTF. I can’t believe this!! 600 chapters wasted!!??? This is #^*$!%@ ridiculous! If this doesn’t @!$#@ get fixed then I’m @%@!%@# dropping ISSTH!!!!!!!!!” Or something like that. I’m glad that to see so much passion for ISSTH, however, I think some of you are very much in need of the special meme I created that you can see after the jump.

This release marks 5/7 guaranteed chapters and 7 sponsored chapters, for a total of 12 chapters this week!

calm

• Notes from Deathblade

I have very much been dreading the embarrassment of this moment, but as an upright and honest person, I shall not shrink back from revealing the truth. Some of you may vaguely remember that A LONG TIME AGO I mentioned that I was growing habañero peppers. At least, that’s what I thought. Unfortunately, not long after that, MDB and I realized that what was growing didn’t quite look like a habañero plant. A purple “something” appeared, which then began to turn yellow. The end was a result was a purplish-yellow “something” that was definitely not a habañero. Does anyone know what it is? Check out the pictures after the jump…

pepper

pepper

reply here: http://www.wuxiaworld.com/☯-issth-chapter-697-☯/
  • Notes from Deathblade

Er Gen is awesome, but I have to say that he makes a lot of typos. Lately, it’s been driving me crazy. Sometimes I reach a part I don’t understand, and I never know if it’s because I just don’t understand the Chinese, or because it’s a typo. Because I’m not a native speaker of Chinese, the typos don’t always jump out as obvious, and I sometimes end up wasting quite a bit of time trying to “figure out” what it means, only to realize in the end that it was simply a typo. I saved up a few examples, check them out after the jump.

On the left you will see the typo and it’s “meaning,” on the right you will see the correct version.

竟能星辰斩灵气息 – 竟能形成斩灵气息
    jìng néng xīngchén zhǎn líng qìxí – jìng néng xíngchéng zhǎn líng qìxí
    It could actually star Spirit Severing aura – It could actually form a Spirit Severing aura
    (This one really had me confused for a while and I even e-mailed anonpuffs about it, asking about if there was some sort Star-type Spirit Severing aura)

它清晰的差距 – 它清晰的察觉
    tā qīngxī de chājù, cǐkè de mèng hào – tā qīngxī de chájué, cǐkè de mèng hào
    It was a clear gap – It could clearly sense
    (This one took me about 10 minutes to figure out)

王家第族 – 王家第
    wángjiā dì shí zú – wángjiā dì shí
    Wang Clan “time” Patriarch – Wang Clan 10th Patriarch
    (This one was obvious to me immediately, but kind of funny so I included it)

厚积薄 – 厚积薄
    hòujībó – hòujībó
    Thick product thin – To accumulate
    (This is a four-character expression that I wasn’t familiar with. Because the final character was missing, it didn’t show up in the dictionary when I looked it up)

孟浩认不出 – 孟浩忍不住
    mènghào rèn bù chū – mènghào rěn bù zhù
    Meng Hao did not recognize – Meng Hao could not endure
    (This one stumped MDB for quite a few minutes)

神色偶然 – 神色傲然
    shénsè ǒurán – shénsè àorán
    His expression was occasional – His expression was proud
  • Notes from Deathblade

Compared to the U.S., the hairstyles you see on kids in China can be pretty crazy. I’ve pretty much gotten used to it, however, the other day at McDonalds I saw a kid with hair that pretty much destroyed any other hairdo I’ve seen on a kid, in any country. Check out the picture after the jump.

This release marks 4/7 guaranteed chapters and 4 sponsored chapters, for a total of 8 chapters this week!

hair

• Notes from Deathblade

Sometimes I just really feel like a nice, classic Margarita. I’m talking, on the rocks, fresh limes… yeah. Unfortunately, that kind of thing doesn’t exist where I live in China. In fact, you can’t even find limes, which makes it hard to make a good classic margarita. After MUCH experimentation, I have discovered the PERFECT recipe for the poor-man’s margarita. Check the jump for pics and details….

Now before I begin, let me explain. I’ve looked up A LOT of info online about how to make a margarita without the proper ingredients. I’ve tried many things, including all sorts of combinations of Sprite and 7-Up. Don’t forget I live in a second tier city in China, which means my access to imported ingredients is limited. For example, triple sec is not commonly available.

So recently I stumbled upon the recipe for something that tastes almost exactly like a “classic margarita.” Check it out:

This is just generic tequila:
    pic

This is the key to the whole thing. Lime Fanta! That’s right. I’ve tried everything, but this is the ticket!
    pic
    pic

Add a bit of zing with some bottled lime juice
    pic

If you live in a place like I do where ice is not commonly available for purchase, you can put all three bottles into the fridge and then it will be nice and cold! Simply add some salt to the edge of your glass, and you’re set! As for the mix ratio, you’ll need to experiment a bit.

• Notes from Deathblade

Life as an expat in China can be crazy. Today, someone I know sent me a text message which read “they’re going to kill me, helpppp” and yes it had the three extra P’s on the end. After reaching him on the phone, he explained that someone who had a beef with him tried to run him over with a car, then sent 4 thugs chasing after him. “They’re trying to kill me, this is like a movie or something,” was how he described it. After hopping a fence, he made it to a public mall where he felt safe. He wanted me to call the American Embassy for help, which I did, and ended up talking with the duty officer for 15 minutes. P.S. This is not a joke or exaggeration. Just life in China.
  • Chronicles of Baby Deathblade:

Two big milestones occurred today. First, BDB was able to sit up without supporting himself with his own hands. He couldn’t do it yesterday, so I guess his balancing skills were perfected in his secluded meditation last night! Awesome. Second, he also sat in a highchair for the first time. I have pictures of the second after the jump, including a special version for Meng Hao fans, “bashful BDB.”

Distracted BDB:

bdb

Happy BDB:
    bdb

Bashful BDB:
    bdb

• Check the jump for the trailer to a pretty cool xianxia TV show.

Sorry, no English subtitles, but the visuals are pretty cool!

• Notes from Deathblade

It hit me that I forgot to share the official picture of Ke Yunhai. Check it out after the jump. You can even see (what I assume is supposed to be) the Demon Immortal Pagoda in the background.

Translation adjustment: Going forward, what was “spirit vessels” is now “spirit meridians.” That means the second stratum of the Blood Demon Grand Magic is the “Spirit Meridians stratum.” I will go back soon to change the past references.

pic

• Notes from Deathblade

Calling all bug experts, aficionados, enthusiasts and dabblers! On a recent outing, the Deathblade Clan encountered a very strange bug of some sort. Even as a young kid, I loved bugs, reptiles and animals of all sorts, but I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s really cool looking! I did a bit of image searching, but couldn’t get any good leads onto exactly what it is. Check out the pics after the jump and let me know if you have any idea what it might be!

As you can see it’s not very big, maybe about half an inch.
    bug 1

It has some pretty awesome colors and patterns, don’t you think? A pretty cool-looking bug!
    bug