War Of The Spirit Animal Arts

edited August 2 in Original Stories
About the author

Hey I'm Chansu. Game design student,  indie Developer, musician(Metal band vocalist and songwriter and pianist), avid anime/manga manwha/manhua/wuxia fan,  gaming youtuber and story writer(on wattpad) I actually started this story
last year when I first started reading "Star Martial God Technique" and it just inspired me to try and write a cultivation story of my own and here it is. Sadly I'm not Chinese(or Asian at all for that matter) but that wont stop me from Writing this story. 

Comments

• edited May 27
    Prologue

In Japan fighting is second nature. Fighting is life, to live is to fight. At the age of 15 Students undergo the "Spirit Animal" test. This test reveals the student's their Spirit Animal, and Fighting Style they will learn and live by. After which they are sent to a new school to continue their education, and Study their new Animal Art. The 12 Spirit Animal Arts are Toad, Scorpion, Wolf, Cat, Lizard, Shark, Qilin, Pegasus and the four Holy Beasts, Suzaku, Byakko, Seiryu, And Genbu. These students spend years or even lifetimes Cultivating their skill, Breaking through the Luhan Layers. Layers are the thresholds of power that we all posses. Above all Schools and Fighters Stands One man. Koryu, of the Yellow Dragon Star Emperor. Reincarnated endlessly for the purpose of defeating evil and leading Japan against the forces of the Shadows. No one knows who or he is until the day he is needed when he shall emerge. However while our story may be about the battle for good and evil, with Koryu leading the side of good, he isn't out main character. Our main character is but a newly awakened fighter. One, who shall battle alongside Koryu for the fate of all japan. In the War of the Spirit Animal Arts.

• edited August 3
    Ch1: The 8 Basic Spirit Animals

Today was Chansu Aotoge's 15th birthday and The day he would take his spirit animal test, next period. "Hey Chansu, You ready? I can't wait to find out my spirit. I bet it'll be a giant lion, or a great ape like DBZ." "Tobias you fool, this isn't a manga, be realistic. You'll probably be a tiny lil fish. Wahahah" "Really-_-." Tobias was Chansu's best friend since birth Though Chansu sees him as more of a sidekick. They were born on the same day, right next to each other. Tobias cried so much, Chansu told him to shut up in Baby Language. They've been Best friends ever since. The bell rang, declaring that class was over. Chansu and Tobias got up and got their stuff together. "This is it. We end up in different schools bro." "Well duh fool, cuz I aint gonna be a fish. Hah" "oh lord, let's go haha." They laughed and walk to their next destination. The Observatory. The biggest building the school. They poured in along with all the other 15 year olds. They sat down before a row of Animal Arts Masters. "GOOD EVENING. YOU HAVE ALL REACHED YOUR 15TH BIRTHDAYS DURING THIS FIRST HALF OF THE YEAR. NOW ON THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL BEFORE SUMMER VACATION, YOUR NEXT SCHOOL WILL BE DETERMINED. THAT SAID SCHOOL YOU WILL LEARN THE ARTS OF YOUR SPIRIT ANIMAL ANCESTOR. There are 12 Spirit Animals schools.

The Great toad Sage Gama. A master of the Short Blade as well as Water Techniques, a very Sticky whip-like tongue, and nature energy. Over time as you master The Toad arts you'll be able to activate traits of the Toad. Webbed feet, for better traction and walking on water, the eyes of a toad to see through illusions, impervious to mind altering abilities/attacks. Eventually you can Manifest a giant toad, like so." An animal master stood up and concentrate letting out a large and long battle cry. His fingers and toes became webbed, his pupils changed, he opened his mouth as his tongue grew longer then rolled back in and a giant energy like toad started to appeared until it solidified. A giant Toad with an eyepatch, Beer canteen and a short blade on his back. "I'm Gamayasu, any of you tadpoles old enough to drink?" The students "awed" and "oh'ed" at the giant toad, who put his hands together and shot stream of water at the kids and laughed as they were drenched. "Thank you master Toad" The Toad art master reverted to normal, and sat as Gamayasu disappeared. 

"Next we have The Great desert walker, Doku a Scorpion. Scorpion arts warriors specialize in various venoms and poisons, having all their weapons and or hands and feet coated in poison. Over time with training you'll be able to develop your own natural venom within your body, manifest a Scorpion tail to utilize it through, harden your skin to into an almost armor like substance able to withstand even the hottest of temperatures." An animal master stood up he concentrated and let out a long cry as well. He skin hardened, Spikes began protruding from his shoulders, knees, and elbows, he grew a long spike tail, and pincers grew out of his wrists, as he clamped and opened them threateningly. Then a giant scorpion manifested behind him with spikes all along its body. "I am Dokubari, my poison could melt through the likes of you lot in seconds." The scorpion art master sat as his partner disappeared.

"Next is the Wolf arts. The King of the wild, Kiba the great white wolf. With the keenest sense of smell in existence, stronger as a team, fearlesss, and courageous. Upon discovering the wolf as your spirit your senses will heighten in general. Even outside of battle,smell, hearing, speed. As you go into wolf form, you'll grow fur that can withstand all conditions, stronger legs, paws, increased speed and the ability to communicate with others through roars, resonating with each others hearts thus feeling each others hearts and intentions. Wolf user can summon both wolves and dogs. Todays wolf master is none other than Japan's current head of the Wolf Arts style. Master Okami. Although young he was a prodigy who rose through the world of animal arts at an alarming speed. By the time he was a teacher at the age of 20, he was equal to Holy beast students. He entered the great animal arts tournament at the age of 22 and went toe-to-toe with a turtle arts fighter. Though his opponent was formidable he was able to get through his defenses, sustaining heavy injuries however taking out the turtle fighter as he fell. This display of raw strength and skill, was enough for the previous wolf arts head to appoint him as the next head." The master stood up as they all "ahhh'd" and "Oooh'd" his presence alone was overwhelming. He simply closed his eyes and opened them, instantly entering wolf form. Fur all over, claws, larger teeth, and a tail. He then breathed and a regular sized wolf appeared. "Thats it?" Tobias whispered to chansu. Then Master Okami let out an intense roar, as the whole place shook, all the kids stumbling, even the other masters minus the four holy master were a bit unnerved by his power. A dark aura arose, the whole place began to rumble and then, a giant three headed dog as tall as the ceiling manifested. Everybody but the 4 holy masters and the shark master were taken aback by his power and manifestation. "This is how i got my position as Top Wolf Arts fighter in the country." He sat down as the dogs disappeared. "Well that was a very nerve wracking display of power. The three headed demon dog disappeared.                                                  

"Next is the Neko arts. Supposedly having descended from an ancient two tailed cat demon, Matatabi. Specializing in Speed and agility. With paws, retractable claws and a tail for quick whiplike strikes or to grapple with. Japan's most powerful neko Arts teacher." A beautiful woman, with long flowing blonde hair, a crop top and a skirt stood up. All the boys oo'ed and aahh'ed over her immense beauty. She gathered her energy with no battlecry but instead of a series of movements and gesture ending in a sexy pose. She now had a tail, cat ears, cat fangs and whisker, and cat pupils. All the boys eyes turned to heart accept chansu. "Forget great ape, I wanna go to her school." Tobias said in a daze. "So you wanna be a girly cat boy and say Nya 24/7." "um...uh no, i wanna go cuz it'll make me more agile and quick ha ha hah" Tobias laughed nervously. The female teacher snapped her finger, and as everyone watched. Then seconds later cats flooded the gym. "what the?" Tobias said. "I can not only materialize a spirit cat, but call any nearby cats to battle." Then she gave out an intense "Nya", as a giant flaming two-headed cat materialized behind, then all the other cats transformed into bigger more ferocious versions. Then they all shrunk back to normal as the spirit seemed to merge with the Neko-Sensei. As her clothes all erupted in flames, fire now covering her where her clothes were. Then she swung her hand like a claw covered in fire, and a spirit claw covered in fire swung as well. She let out a series of swipes and kicks, all backed by spirit paws/claws and ended by breathing fire. "Sadly i cant return back to normal, as my clothes were burned in exchange for more raw speed and power and fire ability. Nyaa, this is the final and most powerful ability of all Nekowarriors. Only few even among teachers, can reach this level."

"Next we have the Lizard Arts. The master of poison and disguise, Ibis.
    With scaled skin, invulnerable to any kind of ailments, and elements and most damage. the Lizard can traverse any surface, walls, ceilings, heal injuries and are masters of Acid." The Lizard arts master stood up and let out a concentrated battle cry, as his skin started to scale, his five fingers turn into three, he feet broke through his shoes. He walked over to Neko-sensei. "If you will, madam. She sliced across his chest with her claws" NYAAHH!!!" "wahaha. Now fire please." She breathed fire at him, to no avail. He then walked over to a wall, and walked right up it like nothing. He then disappeared. "Where'd he go" "Oh i'm still here. I simply camouflaged." he reappered. "i can turn completely invisible" He then jumped down and spit on the ground, which melted in an instant. "Acid saliva of the highest potency." Then finally he concentrated as an Ibis salamander materialized behind him. It opened it mouth, letting a cloud of poison gas. "As a lizard arts fighter, you contain the abilities of all reptiles and can summon any reptile. Except dinosaurs and dragons, gators, crocs and snakes." He sat down as his salamander disappeared.

"Next we have the shark arts. Arguably-" "I'll take it from here" The Shark Arts master Rudely Interrupted. He stood. He was no taller than 5'8, with a bad attitude. With snake-Like pupils. He wore straps attached to his legs with what look like fangs at the ends. "We shark Arts fighters are the fiercest, Most powerful and bloodthirsty of all the school." He yelled out looking arrogantly at the 4 Holy Art members. "we fight for the sake fighting, to fill our never ending thirst for blood. We fight to spill it, with a series of slashes, slices, cuts, deep. I AM AZUSA WANIJIMA, CURRENT FANG KING(head of the art like the wolf arts master) OF THE SHARK ARTS, THE MOST VICIOUS AND POWERFUL OF THE ANIMAL ARTS. YOU THERE!!!" he said pointing at Tobias. "Who M-me?" "Yes you, my demonstration requires a volunteer." Tobias trembled in fear "Now now Azusa calm down" "QUIET. These kids will face great adversity, and greater enemies than anything they can imagine." " I'll do it" Chansu stood up "Ahh I like your spirit. Chansu stepped forward. "Dont move, if you dont wanna die. I'll attempt to restrain myself. THE BLOOD ARTS SPECIALIZE IN FAST, CLOSE UP BLOOD SPILLING ATTACKS. WE OFTEN HAVE SOME SORT OF CHAIN, OR ROPE WITH SOMETHING ATTACHED TO PULL OUR ENEMIES IN AND RIP THEM TO SHREDS, as do sharks in the water rip their prey to shreds." He kicked his leg at Chansu sending two chains at him, but he caught them. "Like so." He then pulled, bringing Chansu towards him, then released the straps allowing Chansu to stop himself. "However that's not all we have. Very few can awaken the power of our great Ancestor. The FANG. Now try not to move young one, or you WILL DIE." As he stood there the entire area shook, as the air pressure increased greatly he then kicked his foot a large shark appearing behind him, as he Launched a giant blast of wind and from it a blade of water that traveled towards Chansu tearing through the very ground under it. "AZUSA!!!" The principal yelled as some of the other masters got ready to intercept it but then something unexpected happened. Chansu kicked his leg, a giant Winged Serpent appeared behind him. and he also launched a dark Blood red Fang though much weaker to everyone's surprise. The wolf arts master, as well as the 4 holy Arts users all opened their eyes wide. As the two Fangs Collided Azusa's flew right through Chansus but dissipated before hittting him as it was never meant to touch him anyway. "Whoooaaaa" all the kids began to cheer. "Well well, looks like we knows what school hes going to. Whats your name kid." "Chansu Aotoge." "Soo your the one I came looking for.  A woman from the Wanijima Clan married a man from the Aotoge clan long ago. Thus passing down the bloodthirsty nature of the Wanijima to the Aotoge as well. Your instincts are great. I'll be expecting many great things from you." Azusa sat back with the master as chansu went back to the other students. "DUUUUDDEEE THAT WAS AWESOME HOW'D YOU DO THAT!!!" "No idea. It just happened." Heh guess it was you who became a fish wahaha." "quiet or i'll eat you." "ooo scary."

"That kid, at 15 years old. But yet, not of Nobility and it wasnt even one of our Holy Arts but a regular Art." The Byakko user said. "Such an advanced technique. Even we couldnt use any advanced holy Arts til at 18." The Genbu user said. "Could he be?" The Suzaku user questioned. The Seiryu user closed his eyes back remaining silent.

"Next is the two Demi-Arts schools. They're called Demi-Arts because their based off too mythical godlike creatures. First is The Pegasus Arts." The Pegasus Master stood up. I am Tobu Uma. The Pegasus arts are graceful, yet deadly. Harnessing the power of Galaxies. We can fly, and throw punches and kicks with the strength of meteors and the speed of light." He let out a cry, and wings spread from his back, sparkling like space. He threw a flurry of fists, what seemed like a million in an instant. He threw what looked like dust, that exploded as it flew through the air. "Explosive Stardust" Finally he concentrated and space appeared behind him, with a pegasus emerging. The pegasus then merged with him, forming armor and wings, with a pegasus head helmet. "And finally Pegasus Armor."

Tobu sat down and the next master stood up. 

"Next We have the Qilin Arts school. The Qilin is a creature said to appear signify  the rise or departure of a god, or royalty. It is supposedly a giraffe that has ascended to near godhood for reasons unknown" the Qilin master stood up, and concentrated. He grew a tail and antlers as well as giraffe like markings. He punched and his fist stretched way across the room. Then he retracted it. He put his hands out behind him, and electricity began to crackle between his antlers, as he fired a blast of electricity from his hands. He then started to. Crackle with electricity along his entire body. Then behind him. A Qilin appeared. A giraffe like creature covered in electricity with clouds at its feet.  It stomped its feet and electricity spread all across the floor. The creature disappeared

• edited June 1
    Ch 2: The 4 Holy Beasts

"Finally we have the four holy Beast Arts. They are the 4 divine Chinese constellations, that serve the great Yellow Star Emperor Dragon Koryu. They Are Suzaku The Vermillion Bird; The Phoenix, Byakko The White Tiger, Genbu The Black Turtle Entwined in Snakes, and Seiryu The Azure Dragon. Though we have not masters, But four students who graduated from your very school."

One of them stepped forward. "I'm Ryo Of The Holy School Suzaku. Just a year ago I was where you all stand. Im still learning myself but I've come a long wat since graduating from your school. Allow me to demonstrate what I've learned so far." He concentrated as his Power level rose to unimaginable levels as the place shook. His arms turned into phoenix wings, a flaming tail appeared as the rest of his body erupted in flame. Then a giant Phoenix appeared. It flew up and around he gym before flying into Ryo, causing his own flames to grow and burn hotter. Everyone there but the other three holy students and Azusa were sweating. But his flames suddenly ended as he was out of breath. "Like I said, I'm still fairly new. After a year I'm only a 5th Luhan Layer." The Kids were shocked. "Hes only a 5th Layer? In only a year? That would take any normal school arts student years. Most don't even reach 4 in Their lifetime. And I know training as a holy beast is even tougher than any regular school." Tobias stammered. "Hes a hard worker. That's all there is to it. I plan on becoming a master of whatever school I end up in." Chansu said back. "As Suzaku Warriors. We can control fire of all color intensities, Change ourselves into Phoenix's completely, Summon a phoenix, as well as absorb it for an unimaginable power boost. Were invulnerable to all weapons, and projectiles when in Phoenix form. In other words were unstoppable." Ryo sat back down. Next stepped forward the Byakko Student. "I'm Tora. I'm 17 and im a 7th Luhan Layer Byakko student. Dont Listen to Ryo by the way. He couldnt even win a match of "Janken po"(rock paper scissor) let alone a fight wahaha. Allow me to demonstrate the powers of a Byakko Warrior." Tora concentrated and his body became enveloped in wind. He swiped his hand like a claw and a massive hurricane of claws blew through the room, with a tornado of claws at its center, swiping at the air. Then a giant white tiger emerged from within the tornado with a roar that shook the entire school. Then disappeared. "As a Byakko warrior, you control the wind as you slice the enemy over and over with tiger claws. If they try to dodge The hurricane claws grabs them and continues to swipe pulling them into the tornado. You can even merge with the tiger, as can Ryo and the phoenix. But i wont ruin the surprise heh" Tora sat down. Next up was The Genbu Student. He stepped forward. "I'm Sakai. And I am a 9th Luhan
     Layer and Genbu Arts Graduate. Sadly I can only show you the most basic of Genbu technique, as my power is to great to display an attack in here. I will be needing a Volunteer. The boy who Manifested a Leviathan and Launched a Fang earlier. Ah yes you." He pointed at Chansu, who stood up and stepped forward. "Come at me with everything you've got." "Alright." Chansu dashed forward, and dropped onto his Hands kicking at Sakai. A turtle shell manifested at each point of impact blocking Chansu's Kicks. Then snakes manifested grabbing his legs and lifting him. "Genbu The Black Tortoise Entwined in Snakes. The ultimate defense." Chansu concentrated his energy and Kicked through the snake on his right foot, The Leviathan appearing briefly, launching a Fang as well. Sakai's eyes opened wide as did the Seiryu warriors eyes. An Ethereal Turtle shell appeared around the two, as the Fang Disappeared inches from Sakai's neck. Then Beams of energy shot back past Chansu. "And at times, the Ultimate Offense. By summoning a turtle shell around you and the enemy, you create a separate spatial dimension where you can negate most attacks, even create a vacuum sucking out all oxygen. Only the highest Luhan Layers Masters can merge with their Spirit animal, and create a veil around themselves with which to contain oxygen. The snakes may also attack, and when absorbing an attack into the space created, a powerful counterattack is launched." Sakai sat down and the final holy beast user stepped forward. The masters bowed. The students followed suit. "I am Mizusa, eldest son of Mizuchi the current head of the Seiryu style and next inheritor of the position. You need not bow, I am but a fellow peer. They have to bow though." He said with a smile pointing to the masters. The kids all laughed. "I am at the pinnacle of the 9th Luhan Layer soon to break through to the 10th Layer" The crowd whispered anxiously. "The Azure Dragon king, Seiryu is the ultimate beast in all ways possible. Sheer power at your fingertips. However only the strongest in mind, body, and soul, Determination, strong willed, the most Noble of warriors can awaken Seiryu." Mizusa's eyes became like a dragon, his skin became scaly, his face grew slender and elongated, a tail sprouted, wings flapped open, he breathed fire from his mouth and snout as the crowd's eyes went wide with admiration at his beauty. He rose into the air and flew around for a bit. "This is my Dragon form. Now If all of you will follow me outside." He flew  out of the gym, and everyone followed. He landed and returned to normal form. I will now demonstrate a bit of my power." He faced away from the school, towards the forest just behind. The wind began to pick up, blowing intensely. It began to gather around Mizusa creating a pocket around him He kicked forward. "MIZUCHI!!!" a blade of wind pressure launched forward into the forest, rippling into blades slicing every in it paths, cutting a path all the way to end of the forest. The crowd was speechless. "That was Mizuchi. The most basic of Seiryu techniques. Seiryu the Azure dragon, has dominance over the wind beyond that of any other school. Now I will show you one more thing. As you all train you'll learn about battle auras. Presences, the feeling of others around. You'll be to able feel each other's killing intent and aura on the battlefield. Even now you can feel mine, and theirs because we are holy beasts, regular people can feel our presence. Yet no one would ever feel Koryu, for he dwells in the Realm Of Nothingness. The ultimate unification of mind, body, soul, and spirit animal. The user enters a state of non-Existence. Your aura disappears, your presence vanishes. It's as if your not even there. An overwhelming calm envelops the area around you. It is in this state, that all things become possible. And that victory is yours. Anyone can achieve this state, though very few have." Tobu Uma spoke. "Are you sayin-" "Yes, I have achieved the Realm Of Nothingness. I will show you." Mizuchi closed his eyes and concentrated. His power rose for a minute to immense levels, the teachers and students were struggling to keep their composure. Then it all disappeared and even calmer look than before appeared on Mizusa's face. "Void of any emotion, feelings, thoughts. All that exists is the power crush the unfortunate fool who faces one who enters the realm of nothingness. Your aura is gone as i said. But your power is maxed to its full potential. He simply turned to the forest and a blade of wind flew through it in an instant. All the trees fell. The entire forest toppled in a matter of seconds. Azusa smiled thirstily. Then Mizusa turned back to everyone and returned to normal, arms crossed, eyes closed. "I look forward to seeing who enters the school of Seiryu this year." he walked back to his peers. "You never told us you achieved the Realm Of Nothingness." Why would I?" "urghh now Im gonna have to work double hard if I'm gonna beat you one day." Ryo said. "WELL STUDENTS YOU HAVE HEARD WHAT EACH OF THE SCHOOLS ARE CAPABLE OF. ITS TIME TO DETERMINE WHO GOES TO WHAT SCHOOL."

• edited August 3
    Ch3: Schools Decided

An hour later everyone knew where they were going. Ten students got into the scorpion arts. 15 lizards. 6 Toads, 20 neko students, 2 Qilin, and 3 pegasus. Next up was Chansu. "CHANSU AOTOGE STEP FORWARD!!!" Chansu stepped forward. "Concentrate all your energy. Reach, deep within the confines of your mind, and soul." Chansu closed his and opened them and there it was. A giant armored winged sea serpent. "Ahh the great Leviathan." Azusa said. "He's with me, you'll be going to my school where I will personally train you myself." Chansu walked over besides Azusa as the Seiryu student watched. "That student, We must be weary of him." "So you do think he may be the one...Koryu. After all this is the year the great Shadows will return." "I dont know yet. I doubt it..That Leviathan it can't be what i think it is." Next was Tobias, he stepped forward and concentrated. He summoned a two-headed dog. "Looks you'll be under me" master Okami said and Tobias walked over. A student named Suzuki Nakamura was next. He concentrated and his power grew becoming apparent as a flaming bird appeared."Alriiight your going with me." He walked over to Ryo as he would be going to Suzaku school. Two twins Kaede and Shinobu were up. They both concentrated as their power levels rose. Then one punched for the other while the other kicked. Both were intercepted by snakes and a turtle shell. They would be going with Sakai to The Genbu school. A boy named Ichi was with next. He concentrated and the winds began to pick up as a roar was heard, and a tiger appeared. He would be accompanying Tora back to the Byakko school. And finally the popular beauty of the school. She was so beautiful she had natural beauty sparkles thats floated around her always even in her sleep. A girl named Chouchou who seemed much interested in her chips was up. She had long flowing orange hair, a near fully developed body, curves. She put her food down. "A woman must be both beautiful, and deadly, now don't blink or you might miss something." she teased as she blew a kiss. She concentrated as the wind grew dense, clouds parted, the sun seemed to shine directly on her a Jade dragon appeared. "Only the most beautiful creatures dwells within me." She would be going with Mizusa to his Seiryu school. "THERE YOU HAVE IT STUDENTS. YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED YOUR SCHOOLS. YOU HAVE THE SUMMER TO GO VISIT THEM, GET FAMILIAR WITH THEM THE TEACHERS AND WHATEVER ELSE IT IS YOUNG VAGABONDS LIKE YOURSELVES DO WITH YOUR SUMMER BREAK. DISMISSED." "WAIT!!!" Everyone looked. Azusa stepped forward. "You, Seiryu boy. Fight me, now. Iv'e been wanting to sink my teeth into some dragonhide for a while now." Mizusa stopped walking and and simply turned his head. "You wish to battle, knowing full well i can use the Realm Of Nothingness?" "But of course, the more powerful the prey, the greater the hunt. Me and my student, against you and your new fellow student." "Wait Azusa their just kids, and barely trained" "hmhmha very well. I shall indulge your, request for defeat." Watch and learn boy, this will be your first lesson. Fear nothing, face everything. That and i just wanna tear that innocent little smug look off his face, and rip it to shreds." Azusa and Chansu stepped forward as did Mizusa and Chouchou.

• edited June 7
    Ch 4: The Bloody Fang Vs The Dragon Wave

"If you feel your not ready, no need to fight Chouchou, I can handle them alone." "You must not have heard me before. A woman must be equally as deadly as she is beautiful." "THIS WILL BE AN OFFICIAL FIGHT BETWEEN THE HOLY BEAST ARTS SCHOOL AND THE SHARK ARTS SCHOOL. IT IS OVER WHEN ONE SIDE ADMITS DEFEATS, OR BOTH MEMBERS OF A TEAM ARE UNABLE TO BATTLE. YOU MAY BEGIN WHEN READY." "You ready to prove your worth?" Azusa smiled viciously. "Yea." "Dont hit me too hard, I am still just a pretty girl after all heh." Chouchou teased. Azusa and Chansu charged forward. Azusa wasted no time launching a fang at Them. Seiryu sprouted his wings and wrapped a wing in front of him and Chouchou. But Chansu showed up behind chouchou, and kicked her upwards in the air and jumped after her, Mizusa breathed a wind blast at him, but a wind fang launched by Azusa intercepted. "Keep your eyes on me dragon boy, if you don't wanna die." "Hah such confidence, where does it come from?" Mizusa went full dragon. "Please Dream of Despair." He taunted as he was flew at Azusa who charged. Chansu front flipped and kicked Chouchou down to the ground. She managed to block in time. She sprang back up and concentrated, her skin becoming scaly, her hands turning into dragon claws but that was it for now. "There it us. The Power of the Genius Chouchou. Soul forming already without any training at all." Some random fanboy yelled. "Could she already be a 5th Luhan Layer?" another fawned.  She dashed at him, as he did the same. She thrusted a claw forward, but he slid under her and grabbed. She breathed fire at him, which he took the full brunt of." "Chansu" Tobias worried to himself. "I hope I didn't burn you to bad honey." as the smoke cleared a foot came at her face, she backed up in time and jumped back a few feet. Chansu stood up unscathed though his shirt was gone. "Strong and Sexy" Chouchou said to herself. Azusa swung his foot at Mizuchi who smacked it away with a wing then grabbed the other leg and slammed him. At which point Azusa kicked his other leg unleashing a fang point blank range. It hit Mizusa scaled body, pieces flying off at the impact. He flew down to Chouchou and nodded at her. Mizusa flapped his wings launching a large wind blast. While Chouchou swiped a claw sending three blades of Wind at them. Azusa backed behind Chansu. "Now we'll see what he can really do." He thought to himself. Chansu focused, and kicked his leg and ihs leviathan appeared for a brief second, launching a massive Fang, slicing through the wind attacks, as Mizusa lifted Chouchou to safety. But Azusa was expecting that and already jumped up and launched a Fang forcing Mizusa to toss Chouchou and take the brunt of the Fang to the chest, Blood erupting. The other holy beasts eyes opened wide. "He managed to damage Mizusa." Mizusa fell to the ground. As the smoke cleared he stood up. "To think a mere Fish could hurt a dragon. I hope your ready." Mizusa landed on the ground and reverted to regular form. Sakai put up a barrier. "You can't be serious." He nodded in disbelief as he, Kaede and Shinobu concentrated and a barrier of distorted space appeared around the battle area. Mizusa closed his eyes, and reopened them an immense pressure erupted from him. As his Aura was no more. "Yesss that's what Iv'e been waiting for." Azusa commented excitedly. He closed his eyes and opened them, his aura also disappearing. "You also achieved The Realm of Nothingess?" "Well I am an adult after all. Your just a small pest, your teacher is the big prize." "Heha, come then show me this new found strength of yours. I'll determine if your worthy of facing him. Seiryu Geijutsu Gakko No Ougi: Shin MIZUCHI!!!" ~True Mizuchi~ The wind swirled into a hurricane around Mizusa, and he thrusted his arms forward as the winds headed for Azusa slicing everything in their path. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Now you should know better than that. Nothing is sharper in this world than my Fangs." He dashed forward and a great white shark materialized behind him as kicked his leg. A single giant Dark energy Fang seemingly unlimited in size, reaching the sky itself flew forward right through Mizusa's attack. "NOW FEEL THE POWER OF ONE WHO HAS BROKE THROUGH TO THE 1ST ZHANG REALM, BOY!!! AHAHWAHAHA!!! Azusa Kaze No Hiho: Fukitsu FANG" ~Azusa style Secret Technique: Unholy Fang~ Mizusa's eyes flew open. "What!?" He looked down at Chouchou who was frozen in fear. Chansu dashed over to her and covered her as did Mizusa fly down in front of his with his wings shielding him. All of a sudden the Giant Fang dissipated." "What?!" A man with wings, a tail and scaly body descended in front of Mizusa. "I think that's enough for today." All the teachers and other holy beast students bowed except Azusa. Mizusa opened his wings and saw Mizuchi Mibu and immediately bowed. "Father...I." "It's ok son. You may have learned to enter the realm of Nothingness, but you still have yet to master it. And even further more beyond that." "What do you mean?" "You can only maintain it for a short period of time and you use it upon using Ougi Techniques. Azusa came here already in The Realm Of Nothingness." "What!?" "Entering doesn't simply mean you only fight full power. It allows you full control over your power. That's how he was able to demonstrate a fang in the school without destroying the place despite being in the realm. Why he didn't display unbelievable power right away. He lowered his power to nothing ontop of his aura becoming nothing while raising a fake aura. He has mastered the Realm Of Nothingness like me and has broke into the first Zhang Realm. If you had at least mastered the Realm of nothingness, you would've immediately recognized that he was in the Realm Of Nothingness. He's simply always been a bloodthirsty loose cannon, there's no emotion behind it but the love of the thrill of battle. That's why you can't see through him. Are you satisfied master Azusa? I hope my son hasn't caused you any trouble." "Hmpf. So the Dragon King comes to save his little Dragonling." "Well I couldn't let my only child and Heir to the Seiryu School die. I know it is I you truly wish to fight. I will assure you, you stand no chance against me. While you are a 1st Zhang realm, I am at the second realm, and the grand elder of my clan is at the 5th Zhang Realm." "Azusa's eyes grew wide. "But you are one of our country's greatest warriors. Your power is greatly needed in the upcoming war." "Heh we'll see old man." "As for this young man, Chansu i believe it was. He has an immense and deadly potential and power inside him. Please see to it that he is taught well and kept on our side. The great Shadow will descend on the country again soon, and it has already begun to make its move, gathering power and forces." "Mizuchi's eyes cut to master Okami for a quick second. "All you young students Work hard for you are the defenders of tomorrow. " And as for you young lady. That was a remarkable battle. You've already reached the 5th Luhan Realm. Keep cultivating and working hard. You may even surpass my son, and steal the spot of heir from him. Ahahah" "Th-thank you master Mizuchi." "With that, we will take our leave now. I bid you all farewell." Mizuchi, Mizusa and Chouchou all sprouted wings. Chouchou walked over to Chansu and kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks for the save handsome, you better not die anytime soon. Your gonna marry me one day." Mizuchi, Mizusa and Chouchou flew. "That's our sign to leave to. Go say bye to your friend." Chansu walked over to Tobias. "Dude, THAT WAS CRAZYYYYYY!!! You must be at least 5th Zytheron Layer by now as well. Definitely not gonna call you a fish anymore. Haha. I'm gonna train hard and cultivate til i reach 10th Zytheron Layer. Then I'll defeat you in the great tournament " "I'll be looking forward to it." They fist bumped. Then Kaede, Shinobu, Ichi,and Suzuki Nakamura walked over. "Man that was some fight. Your already at the level of a holy beast." Kaede stated. "I too, wish fight you one day." Suzuki said. "As do we." Kaede and Shinobu said in unison. They all smiled confidently at each before dispersing to their teachers. "Good. Now that you've your goodbyes you can forget about your friends. All that matters is power and tearing through everything in our paths til we are the strongest. The Great Shadow means nothing. Koryu means nothing. We'll show them all the power of the Fang. hehehahaha." "Yes Master." Chansu smiled.  

• edited August 9

Ch5: The True Aotoge Progenitor

Chansu and Azusa left the school and headed to "Blue Thorn" the village of the Aotoge Clan. They were going to get some things of his and other business of Azusa had to attend to. When they get back everyone had gathered around the entrance awaiting and began and cheer rejoice. His father stepped forward, and Chansu bowed. "Honored patriarch, i have learned my spirit and been accepted to a school. His father looked Azusa in the eye and noticed his pupils astonished yet weary. "Stand my son, for today you no longer bow to me...But it is i who bows to you." And his father did just that, as did the rest of the clan. "Wha-What's the meaning of this." An old man walked forward. Chansu bowed yet again. "Venerable Grand elder, I understand not why I am being bowed to." "You are the one our clan has been waiting for. It was suspected for a while but the arrival of this man beside you has confirmed it. The spirit of our Clan's great ancestor has blessed you. You are already at the 5th Luhan Layer are you not?" "Yes he is, he displayed that back at the school." "Follow me." Azusa, Chansu, and Raiki followed the grand elder into the grandhall. Behind the throne was the door, which only the patriarch is allowed to enter through upon reaching the 10th Luhan Layer. "Oh Grand elder i cant pass through this-..." "Shhh." The grand elder put his hand on the door and focused his Qi. The door opened. Inside was a hall. They walked down the hall until they reached a Jade Green room. Filled with books. "this is the room Where the 25th Patriarch, reached the 5th Zhang Realm. It was only after he married Ayumi Wanijima a fellow 10th Luhan Layer. Together they Sat back to back, naked and remained in this room and Cultivated for 5 years unaware that they were using the Sacred Paired Cultivation method." "I've heard that by Pairing your cultivation with a woman, you could reach three years worth of cultivation in a matter of months." "A man and Woman of the 3rd Luhan layer could reach the 5th Luhan Layer in a matter of six months." "Upon reaching the 5th Zhang Realm, The spirit of The first Wannijima Patriarch was said to have appeared to them. He told them that one day a boy who will inherit the power of both clans will emerge from our clan. But he must master the power of the Great Leviathan lest it devours him. That boy is you Chansu. The Leviathan manifested itself and protected you from Azusa." "Wait how do you know that?" "I was the one who sent him specifically to see if it was you. My suspicions were correct. You have inherited the power of both the Aotoge and Wanijima. And with the realization of this we bestow upon you this." Raiki took off his "Yuan Ring" Signifying his place as Patriarch of the Aotoge clan and handed it to Chansu. "You are now the patriarch of The Aotoge, you will lead us and the rest of Japan alongside Koryu in the great." Chansu bowed. "Though there are plenty who are more qualified like Cousin Hei, or cousin Tsuki, I am the one chosen for this. I am most honored." He took the ring and put it on and as he did it started glowing fiercely, as did the ground under them. "We must get out." The grand said to Azusa and Raiki. "This is his Time." They quickly got out as the door shut in front of them. "The ring, this Hall of Ancient Elders recognizes me as the one true Patriarch of the Aotoge. I can feel the power surging through me. I must cultivate and let my body adjust." He sat down cross-legged and Meditated.

• edited August 9

Ch 6: An Unpleasant Welcome

Tobias and Master Okami had reached Chiba Japan,where the Head Wolf Arts School was located. As the reached the school Tobias looked around admiring, all the students training. They reached the front door, Where master Okami walked in. Tobias went to follow, but they the door shut. "Uhhh, master Okami you've forgot me outside." "Wahah what do you know fellas, a new student."  A group of 10 students approached him. "Oh, hey. I'm Tobias Gunjou Nice to meet you." He stuck his hand for a shake. Instead however he was slammed on his back in the blink of an eye. "Wha?" The group closed in on him.
  • edited August 9
    Ch 7: Murin-an

Chouchou was bathing in a lavish bathing hall with other girls ranging from as young as 6 to as old as 70 but you could never tell. "Excuse me senior, but how can you be such an age still retain the smoothness and beauty that you possess?" Chouchou asked A woman named Kiyomi. "Ahh, Cultivation. Once you breakthrough to the 6th Luhan Layer your Lifespan with Increase, 50 years we woman will also revert to our more youthful looks. And again at the 9th Luhan Layer. And if your lucky enough to reach the first Zhang Realm you'll lifespan will increase 100 years." Chouchou's pupils turned into hearts "REAAALLYYYYY??!!! OH PLEASE TEACH ME OLD ONE!!!" "haha The Great Shadows return this year, but the Great war wont start until the fully Matured Koryu appears. That can be tomorrow, or it can be 20 years from now. You'll have plenty of time to Cultivate. "But there's a certain boy who's heart I need to hold onto forever." "Ohoho I see. Here I'll make a deal with you. You tell me about this charming young man, and I'll teach you a few cultivation secrets and Techniques I know." "DEAL!!!" "Follow me." They walked out of the bathing hall. "Enjoying the school so far?" Mizusa asked Chouchou as her and Kiyomi were passing by. "Yessss Kiyomi here is gonna help with my cultivation." "Ahh is she now. Shes a very good teacher, she taught me for a while." "Did you have a crush on a boy too?" "What?" "Oh it's nothing come along now Chouchou." They exited the school ground and walked onwards for a bit. The Seiryu Arts head school was in Kyoto Japan. "So where are we headed?" Chouchou asked her. "To Murin-an." "Whats that?" "A great Cultivation spot." They came to their destination. A great garden that stretched a decent length. "This is Murin-an. One of the three Sacred Cultivation spots only open to those of the Holy arts schools and those who've at least reached the Pinnacle of the 5th Luhan Layer. You are already at the pinnacle and very close to reaching the 6th realm. Come. Meditate here for 30 days, and your cultivation will increase significantly and you just might breakthrough to the 6th Luhan Layer." "Yes I see." They walked to a spot and Sat down cross-legged and meditated. "Become one with nature, feel the wind, feel the trees, the grass, the very earth itself. Let it flow through you." Chouchou closed her eyes and breathed. As she did, The Emerald Dragon appeared abbove her again. Energy started flowing from the earth to the dragon, visible to Kiyomi eyes. She gasped. "The Gyokuryu. I must not disturb her Cultivation though. I'll leave her here for now.

• edited August 9
    Ch 8: Chansu's Departure 

30 days had passed since Chansu entered the Hall Of The Ancient Elders. When he finally came out, his power had grown significantly. He had reached the pinnacle of the 5th Luhan Layer. He walked to his family's house. Raiki was waiting for him. "How do you feel?" "Like a new person. I'v'e reached the Pinnacle of the 5th Luhan Layer, I can feel power coursing through my veins." "That's good. Your teacher left the day you entered the Hall of the Elders. He said he'll be waiting in Shimoda. That's where the Head school of the Shark Arts is." "I see. Makes sense for it to be in a beach town. Well then." He took off the patriarch ring. "What are you doing?" "While I have proven worthy of being the next patriarch i am still very young and inexperienced and lack the necessary wisdom. And I cant be the patriarch in my absence, The patriarch must protect and lead the village and handle political affairs. I cant do any of that as I'll be training and cultivating at my school. Therefore I'm giving the position back to the rightful Owner until the time that Iv'e grown enough to hold this position." Chansu bowed. "My son, you are already plenty wise in your own ways." Raiki thought to himself as the accepted the ring back. Chansu began to pack his things. He had discovered in the Hall of the Ancient Elders various books on cultivation apparently written by Past Patriarchs that broke through the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Zhang Realms. As well as techniques of various spirit animals. He wouldn't be able to use them, so he figured he'd give them out to his fellow clan members. The power of the clan should layered members greatly increase, and at least push a few people to the 5th Luhan Layer, and the already high even higher. Raiki was already a 10th Luhan Layer, and the Grand elder was at pinnacle the 3rd Zhang Realm soon to breakthrough to the 4th Zhang Realm. The upcoming war was to be a fierce one, and all of japan would be involved this time. Later that night after Chansu was finished packing the clan gathered to see him off, and wish him best of luck. The grand elder spoke to him. "Chansu The day has finally come for you to set off, just as each of us before you have. But this time you are different than all of us. You have a purpose, a Goal, A reason to go out and get stronger, beyond the use of regular competition. You will be a hero and make us all proud as you lead us to battle and to victory." Raiki Spoke next. "My son, you leave here today not as a boy anymore, but as a man. If you are ever in need of help, don't hesitate to send for help. We will be there. Stay humble, wise, know humility and persevere." "I will father." Chansu bowed turned around and walked on, as he waved back to everyone. He was accompanied by the Clan's Jade Goshawk. A 3rd Zhang Realm bird Demon Spirit Beast as green as Jade that has lived on and reincarnated within the clan since it's creation serving as the right hand of the clan Patriarch. 

Chansu took out a map of japan that Azusa drew for him. Without even reaching the school his was to begin. From Tokyo he had to pass through "Zaishi's ravine". An area filled with bandits and thieves just waiting to attack travelers. From there he must go through the fields of Izai. filled with Demon Spirit Beasts easily 6th Luhan Layer and a few 7th Layers. He must collect two 6th Luhan Layer Demon Beasts Cores and one 7th Luhan Layer Demon Beast Core. Then he's to rest in Kanagawa, where he'll meet a 10th Luhan Layer Shark arts master who'll test him. Only after passing that test will he be allowed to continue to the school, boarding the train in Kanagawa for the remainder of he trip. "Well, Patriarch bird I have my work cut out for me. Better get to that." He walked on.
  • edited August 9

Ch 9: The Gokuryu

Chouchou had spent 30 days in Murin-An. Her cultivation had increased and she broke through to the 6th Luhan Layer. Now it was time to test out her strength. She was with Kiyomi at the training grounds sparring with other students. She was up against a fellow 6th Luhan Layer who had been at the 6th Layer for a year now. He dashed at her and infused some Seiryu Qi into a kick, scaling his covering his foot in scales. "Man, hes fast." Chouchou remarked as she sprouted a wing and blocked the kick, but he broke right through her defense hitting her in the stomach sending her flying. She did a backhand spring and flew forward with her wings, she stopped and swung them, sending wind blasts at her opponent. He Simply thrust his palm blocking the blasts, then swung his arm. "MIZUCHI". A single slash flew at Chouchou. She closed her wings in front of her and gathered her Qi into them and flew towards the Mizuchi. Mizusa happened to watching from afar. Chouchou's wings were cut up, but she still managed to land a kick on her opponent. She fell to the ground as her opponent walked over and helped her up. "Not bad Chouchou. Never in my life have I've seen a student purposely take on a Mizuchi like that." Mizusa complimented her. "I still have a long way to go. But I'll get there. And when I do, I'll defeat him in the Great Tournament." "Do you mean Chansu?" "Yup. I'm gonna defeat him and stand as his equal, not just his wife." "Then you have lots of work and cultivating to do. Now come." Mizusa got into a stance. "heh, your on." She dashed at Mizusa with a flurry of punches. He blocked them all effortlessly, but she gathered her Qi and breathed fire into his face. He stood unfazed and grabbed her foot, tossing her behind him like a ragdoll. She sprouted wings to slow her down and flew at him firing fireballs. He simply held his palm out blocking them taking no damage. Then he ducked as she flew over him with a punch but then she stopped immediately and front flipped kicked bringing her foot down on him. He blocked with a wing, then whacked her away with his tail. She got up and concentrated her Qi to her mouth. As she did The Emerald dragon appeared above her. Mizusa's eyes opened a bit wider in surprise as she opened her mouth launching a massive wind blast nothing like Mizuchi. it Sliced everything in it's path, the very ground included. It was so massive Mizusa had to stop it, or else it would damage the area behind him. He dashed at it and closed his wings in front of him. It engulfed him completely slicing all over. Luckily he scaled his body as a second defense measure but even his scales were taking damage. He gathered enough Seiryu Qi, and opened his wings, Stopping the attack, but there was ChouChou with Emerald Wings and a fully Qi charged fist, punching Mizusa in the face sending him flying all the way to the school building. Everyone ahh'ed and oo'ed. Even Kiyomi was taken aback. Mizuchi himself was watching along with the Grand elder of the Mibu clan from The Headmasters office. "She really does have it. The Gokuryu." Mizuchi said. "She is no Seiryuu student...but in a whole class all on her own. The Gokuryu...The Jade Dragon, One of the General's of Koryu's Golden Army." "A 10th Zhang Realm Demon Beast. One that had reached the Heavenly Wisdom and gained the ability to take human form.  But then why would it become a Spirit Animal." "Who knows. It could be that it died in the last great war. Or Simply that this is the war to end all wars. And Koryu's forces are looking to this generation of gifted students to assist him in ending this once and for all. Even if she were a regular Seiryuu student this girl still would've surpassed Mizusa. The Gokuryu saw the Great potential this girl possessed and chose her as it's host." "Do you think this means the other 4 Generals and maybe even Koryu himself?..." "Not Koryu....but The other 4 generals. Yes they very well could be out there somewhere as Spirit Animals." Chouchou cheered and jumped up and down with joy. "Kiyomi did you see that? I managed to hit him." "Yessss good job." "I know, I'll call Chansu." She pulled out a pink phone and dialed Chansu's number. Over in Zaishi's Ravine Chansu was fighting off 4 bandits when there was a ringing. "huh? My pocket is vibrating." He reached in and pulled out a phone. "What The?" He opened it and it said ChouChou. "Hello?" "CHANSUUUU." "jeez, calm down. How'd you get my number? When and where did i even get a phone. Doesn't this story take place in like the 1600s? Phones don't exist yet." "Idk blame the author. Anyway I was sparring with Mizusa and managed to knock him clean into the school building." "Good for you but I'm kinda in the middle of fighting some bandits." Chansu responded as he jumped over a fist and kicked one in the face. "Oohhh you better not die." "Of course not, theses are nothing but small fry." "YOU HEAR THAT? HE CALLS US SMALL FRY, GET HIMMM." "Welp, time for me to go talk to you whenever." "You better not die before we get married, or I will Kick the crap out of you." Chouchou walked over to Mizusa, and held out a hand. He accepted it and stood up. "It's been Made clear What route you must take." "What do you mean?" Mizuno Mibu came over along with Mizuchi. "You must be Chouchou." "Chouchou this is the Grand Elder of the Mibu clan, Mizuno. He's at the pinnacle of 5th Zhang Realm and will soon break through to the 6th." Wooooww. I mean. It's an honor to meet you. I am Chouchou of the Scarlet Rose Family." All their eyes flew open. "The Scarlet Rose Family?" "Yes. My mom was married to the crown Prince when she was pregnant with me." "She is of Royal blood then." "And a direct descendant of the emperor." "Could that be the reason the Gokuryu chose her." "No no, it is simply because she is pure of heart, innocent and wishes to protect the country with everything shes got." "Um excuse me the Gokuryu? What is that? Does it taste good." "hah no dear. The Gokuryu, is your spirit Animal." "To be precise, your situation is very unique. You possess a Demon beast that reached the 10th Zhang Realm thus gaining the Heavenly wisdom, not only gaining the Ability to reincarnate but to even take human form. The Gokuryu, was one of Koryu's 5 Generals. Like Koryu it possessed immeasurable power. However now that it is a spirit Animal we can assume it has died, whether on purpose or not it has turned into a spirit animal and chose you as it's successor." ChouChou's eyes began to glow and a great light shone above her, everyone stepped back. An Emerald Dragon appeared. ChouChou's eyes stopped glowing and soon she was looking up at it too. "I am the Gokuryu, General of Koryu's Golden Empire. I have reached the Heavenly Wisdom long ago and reincarnated many a time beside Koryu to defeat the Shadows. However I will not be reincarnating this time, for I have chosen to reside within this girl who's heart called out to me. She and I are one in the same." Then all of a sudden Gokuryu started glowing, blinding everyone there. When the glow ended there stood a beautiful ethereal maiden. With long flowing green hair, in a green kimono with a Dragon tattoo spread along her body, with the head emerging from her immense and very noticeable cleavage. "Now I can speak a bit easier. I am Xia Xue Yifa. And you must be ChouChou." "You know my name?" Yes I reached the heavenly wisdom therefore I have a conscious, and can understand everything around me, and that is said. I watch the world through your eyes and ears." "Great Xia Xue Yifa if I may ask, why have you chose to reside in this girl instead of Reincarnating?" "The time of Koryu, the Shadows and us Great Demon beasts is coming to an end. This will be the final great war. Either good will win or the shadows will win. Either way the fate of Japan and the World is in the hands of the next generation. Many gifted students have emerged from the next generation. It will be up to them stand with Koryu. On top of your Seiryu training I will personally train this one myself, so that she may learn and master my power to its full potential. Her cultivation grows at a much more rapid rate than anyone else's due to my presence within her. She will without a doubt reach The Zhang Realm before the Great War." "We have no objections great protector." Mizuno responded. Xia Xue Bowed and disappeared flowing back into ChouChou. "Now that my presence is known you can communicate with me whenever. " Xia said to ChouChou in her head. "Alright." "It would seem all the stops are being pulled out for this final war." Kikyo said. "It would seem so, and More Zhang Realmers would help out cause." Mizuno responded. "send word to the Neko Arts schools, and Pegasus Arts School. Anyone of their students could possess 2 of the other Generals. The Ruby winged Lion and The Sapphire Pegasus." "What about the remaining 3 Generals, the Obsidian Monkey King, The Jade Goshawk, and The Yin Yang Panda?" "Theres a strong possibility they didn't become spirit animals and could be with Koryu already. Or they did become spirit Animals, but if that's the case there'd be no school for them, and they'd be walking targets for the Shadow force. But even they should be fine. If Xia can train ChouChou, they can do the same and be more than a Match for the Shadow force." "That's enough training for today."  Mizuchi said to ChouChou. "I think I'll go cultivate and talk with Xia. I have much to learn from her. And I think Mizusa's had enough for the day." ChouChou smiled smugly as Kiyomi snickered. Mizusa remained with his eyes closed, keeping his usual noble air about him.

• edited August 9

Ch10: Zaishi's Ravine

Chansu had been walking for a few hours when he finally reached the base of the Yuji Mountains. He could take the path up the mountain or walk into Zaishi's Ravine. "Well Clan bird were going in. What do i call you anyway." "Whatever you like, I have long since forgotten my name." "Then i'll call you Shindo. Well Shindo let's go." Chansu walked in. After about 30 minutes, Shindo alerted him that there were bandits up head all at the 5th Luhan Layer. Once he got close enough a voiced yelled out to him. "STOP RIGHT THERE!!!" 5 men jumped down surrounding Chansu. "Drop your valuables and leave." "Please sir, Iv'e nothing valuable but a few Cultivation manuals and surely your own cultivation must m to the point where these manuals would be useless to you all." "Now what kind of bandits would we be if we did that? What would that do to our reputation? Lose face for a mere child, I think not." "Well i cannot turn back after coming this far, my master would be very disappointed if i ran...from weaklings like you." Eh what was that? Chansu had already dashed to the man to his right and kicked across his neck slicing it, killing him instantly. "What the? Who is this kid?" "Forget that, who's his master??!!" "GET HIM!!!" The four remaining Bandits all partially Soul formed. One grew a dog tails, floppy ears and fangs, another spouted a Scorpion Tail, another turned invisible and the leader gained cat ears and a tail.(It was pretty embarrassing). The Scorpion user spewed Venom at Chansu but he flipped out of the way, as he did the Dog bandit dashed at him with great Agility, and punched at him. He grabbed the punch and spun around flinging him into the invisible bandit causing him to reappear. The leader swung his hand, launching Claws at Chansu which he dodged. Chansu then dashed at the Dog bandit ducked an oncoming kick, punching him with Qi in his nether region.His eyes popped out of his head as immense pain surged through his body. He was down for the count. The lizard arts user turned invisible again. The Cat Bandit pounced on top of Chansu, but he rolled backwards kicking him off. Then charged the Scorpion bandit who stabbed his tail forward. Chansu kicked it away then spun, kicking again making contact with the bandits face, cutting him across the nose. Then he activated a Shark art known as "Blood Sense" to detect the invisible bandit, now he'd know where he was until the fight was over. He figured he'll keep it active til he reached Kanagawa. The Lizard Bandit, wrapped his tail around Chansu and lifted him into the air slamming him. Then the Cat bandit pounced on him again with a foot to the stomach. He got up and laughed. "That must've just been a Lucky Kill the kid got. That's all." The lizard bandit became visible again. "According to that fast insta-kill he pulled off earlier I'd say this kid is a Shark Arts user." "It doesn't what he is he wont be alive for much longer." Chansu stood up and dashed with immense speed to the scorpion and kicked him up into the air. "What?!" The lizard bandit turned invisible. Chansu jumped up to the scorpion user, kicking him over and over with Ki infused kicks, destroying his scorpion armor, then front flipped kicked him down to the ground and landed with a foot in his stomach. He spit up blood seconds before Chansu kicked him across the neck killing him instantly. "This little punk!!!" Chansu was grabbed.  "WE HAVE YOU NOW!!!" The cat bandit dashed spinning and swiping. Chansu closed his eyes and concentrated on his spirit animal.  It answered his call, appearing above him. "TOO LATE FOR THAT BOY!!!" The Lizard bandit let go of Chansu as he kicked his leg launching a red Fang completely cutting the Cat bandit in half. "Well thats over. It seems the lizard Artist retreated." Chansu went through the belongings of the bandits.  He found 3 Storage rings, but nothing valuable in them but some Spiritual Enhancement Elixirs. Well then on we go." Chansu continued walking. He eventually came to a cave and decided to rest. "Hmmm, I'll take one of those Elixirs. They were low grade, so not enough to breakthrough to the 6th Luhan Layer but still enough to raise my cultivation significantly." He drank an elixir and in an instant energy rise within him. He immediately started cultivating.  A day later he had finished. He took 10 Low Grade Spiritual Elixirs and brokethrough to the 6th Luhan Layer. He set back out on his way. Every few minutes he got the feeling he was watched. Shindo let him know he was being tailed by the lizard bandit. Eventually he came to a bridge covered in fog. His Blood Sense revealed that there was someone up halfway across the bridge. He walked onward. Eventually he could make it a figure in the fog. "Halt, who wishes to cross Zaishi's Bridge?" "A student traveling on a perilous quest to reach his school as the first step of his training." "Ahh and your teacher has already doomed you by sending you on this path. Zaishi"s Ravine is nothing, but what lies after is no place for a new student. Even this old, Rickety bridge is dangerous. I'm afraid I'll have to end your journey here." A sword came at Chansu but he ducked. "Good." He swung the sword with graceful and fluid movements. Chansu had to use his Blood Sense to almost mimic the movements just to avoid the sword, while returning kicks of own which the man dodged. It was almost as if they were dancing. "A quick learner." Chansu got the feeling he was in no real danger, other than taking a misstep and flying over the bridge. The two continued trading and blocking blows almost dancing until before he knew it Chansu was across the bridge. "Well done young one. Keep training and no attack will ever hit." Chansu bowed. "Thank you Elder." Chansu turned and continued onward. Eventually to a cave and decided to rest and cultivate a bit.  After he was all rested up and his cultivation was significantly higher he heard back out. He had finally reached the exit of The Ravine when a giant man dropped down in front him. "So your the Runt who took out my men. You don't look so tough. "5th layer at best. I'll make quick work of you." The Bandit concentrated his Qi and soul Formed completely. Pegasus wings sprouted, His head took  horse shape, he grew a tail. "Oh shit." "I'm at the 7th Luhan Layer You don't stand a chance boy." He dashed and punched. Chansu put his arms up but it was like being hit by a meteor, it broke straight through his guard and sent him flying in a wall. He stood up weakly. "Go on Chansu, Fight. Or was I wrong in picking you as my host?" A voice spoke in Chansu's head. "He's two layers above me, not possible." "Trust me." Chansu weakly took a High Grade potion out of Cat Bandit's storage and drank it, instantly healing himself. "Good, I like someone who doesn't give up in the face of death." The Bandit taunted. He dashed As did Chansu. The bandit cocked his fist back, as Chansu pulled a leg back. As they collided,The0 Leviathan appeared strengthening Chansu's kick, which sent slices all the way up the Bandit's arm on contact. "What the?!" The bandit backed up and punched his other fist, sending Energy fists at Chansu. A black wing appeared blocking them for him, As he dashed forward and kicked the at the bandit's leg. The bandit also kicked but his leg was instead sliced all over. He grabbed Chansu with his left hand and slammed him into wall behind them. "DON'T FUCK WITH ME KID!!!" He tossed Chansu into a rock, completely decimating the rock. Chansu stood up weakly. The bandit at him, his left hand glowing with Pegasus Qi. "This'll FINISH YOU!!!" Chansu's mustered up the last bit of his strength and kicked his foot, launching a fang thanks to the Leviathan, which completely sliced the bandit in two. It was over. Chansu had won. He fell on his back and passed out. Shindo flew down from wherever. "Come out Leviathan." The Leviathan appeared. "Oh it's you. It's been a while Xuan Zhe." "What do you want with Chansu? When did you become a spirit animal?" "When I reached The Heavenly Wisdom." "You are not to be trusted, Youv'e never once helped us against the Shadows. The Humans believe you to be a bad omen." "I'm well aware and I can guarantee, no harm will come to Chansu." "It had better not or I'll stop You myself." Shindo said taking a human form.  The Leviathan took a human form as well. "Your a million years to weak for me. Oh but did you hear. Xia Xue Yifa Has become a Spirit animal like myself and attached herself to a child as well." "What?" "Things are getting serious, The 6 Generals of Koryu becoming Spirit Animals, Me becoming a Spirit Animal, I'd say were about to have one hell of a war on hands this time around. I wonder what side we'll be on hehe." The Leviathan chuckled as he disappeared into Chansu's body healing him instantly. "Damn that Snake. He's up to something."

• edited August 14
    Ch 11: The fields Of Izai.

5 days passed since Zaishi’s Ravine, Chansu slept for 2 of them. He woke up and made no time heading into the fields of Izai. It was just as he heard. Full of wild Demon Beasts roaming, grazing like regular animals. “So 2 Demon Cores at the 6th Luhan Layer and one at the 7th Layer.” Chansu started onwards. He walked around for quite a bit before finding his targets. A Golden 3-Horned Cockatrice It was a 7 feet tall chicken, with 3 horns and 3 eyes. “There it is, just what I was looking.” He his in some bushes and threw a rock. The chicken looked up, with a twinkle in it’s eye and breathed fire at it melting the rock in an instant. Chansu stepped out. The cockatrice looked at him as he looked it, and it looked at him, and he looked at it, and It looked at him, and he looked at it then it breathed fire. He dodged to the right and dashed at it. It dashed at him with it’s head aiming it’s horns. Chansu jumped at the last second, pushing off the horns, snapping one by mistake, Gathering Qi into one fist and coming down on it’s back with a fist then flipped off. The beast got up annoyed. “Oops. Uhh I have glue.” The chicken fired fire balls at Chansu. Cartwheeled around dodging them all. “Alright enough playing around.” Chansu as did the chicken. It lowered it’s head to impale him, but he slid under it then kicked it up into the air. He leaped up to it and kicked it in the head a few times, left, right, left, right. Then charged his Shark Arts Qi and kicked it in where it’s heart causing it to spit up blood. It fell to the ground dead. He landed next to it. “What was that?” Shindo asked him. I kicked him with my Shark Arts Qi infused foot, and sliced up it’s insides. Chansu dug out the beasts core. A flaming red ball of Qi. He sat and began to cultivate with the Core in his hands. After about 30 minutes the Core disappeared having been Absorbed into. His eyes opened glowing with energy before returning to normal. He continued til he came upon a Turquoise Winged Cowgaroo. It was an upright standing Cow with Kangaroo legs and a pouch under it’s utters, with turquoise wings. There was a baby next to it not even at the first Luhan Layer yet. “Welp, let’s get to it.” Shindo swooped down on the baby and lifted it away and brought it back to where Chansu hid. The grown Cowgaroo looked to it’s left but the baby was gone. It closed it’s eyes, rubbed them and reopened them. The baby was really gone. It let out an ear piercing scream. Chansu stepped out holding the baby with a knife next to it. The Cowaroo shook it’s head implying “no please.” But Chansu nodded “Yes I’m gonna do it.” He stabbed the baby. The Mother’s eyes turned red as it leaned back on it’s tail and roared. It immediately hopped at Chansu. He dashed at it in response. It shot milk out of it’s utters, which Chansu dodged but noticed the effect of it’s touching the ground. It melted. “Acid milk. I wont be drinking that anytime soon.” The Cowgaroo lunged with a drop kick, but Chansu slid underneath, yanking it down by the tail. It got up and shot more milk, which Chansu dodged. He dashed at the beast. It leaned back on it’s tail to kick, so Chansu returned it with his own kick. The kicks collided sending Chansu backwards, meanwhile the Cowgaroo’s tail allowed it to brace for the impact ahead of time. The Cowgaroo hopped high into the air and came down with a Strong stomp, which Chansu dodged then countered with a Shark Qi infused Rising Kick to his chin. It flew upwards and got serious. It spread it’s wings and Giant balls of Acid Milk formed in front of them. Then it started firing Milk blasts all over. Chansu scrambled around the field trying to avoid the lethal Milk. One blast almost caught his foot. Then a giant dragon of milk formed. “You’ve gotta be kidding me. Really? Who comes up with this stuff, I’m supposed to be the damn Author in story form.” Chansu ran from the Milk Dragon as it consumed everything in it’s path melting even other Demon Beasts. Finally it dissipated. “Ok. I’m sure that Ridiculous attack drained it.” He ran back to the Cowgaroo, Dashed to it leapt and kicked it in the head with Shark Qi, snapping it’s neck. “Phew. That’s was one hell of an ordeal. Time to take this Core.” He dug out it’s core and Meditated this time for an Hour Cultivating. Adding the power of the core to his own. Alright lets go collect the that 7th Luhan Layer Core. He walked to a lake where he stood at the edge. He gathered his Shark Arts Qi into his right index finger then stuck it into the lake. The lake started to glow. Out of the center of the Lake rose a Shark with a body of a Monkey. “I don’t even wanna know what that is. Lets just get it over with.” The Shark kicked a leg and Launched a fang. “WHAT!?” Chansu jumped high enough to dodge the fang. The SharkMonkey thing was already upon, him wrapping it’s tail around him, and flipping downward slamming him into the ground. Chansu got up, having infused his body with Shark Qi reducing the damage a bit. The Creature dashed at him throwing punches, which he blocked while throwing his own. “I don’t know what you are but you look like a Sharkonkey. The Sharkonkey suddenly seemed to get angrier. It spun and kicked Chasnsu in the stomach sending him flying, then dashing along his body. “Oof. I’m guessing you don’t like that name. What about Mark. You like Mark? That sounds Fine right?” He dodged a front flip kick, while Kicking the Mark which it blocked with it’s tail. “Markey Mark? Well it’s more of a nickname but the ladies would love it…if…there’s lady Marks? Markinas?” The Mark’s aura rose, it’s power rising. It kicked one leg, then spun and kicked the other, then jumped and kicked both at once Launching 3 successive Fangs. “Are you mad because there no Markina’s?” The Leviathan appeared Kicking Chansu’s leg for him launching a red Fang. The fang flew the Mark’s three Fangs and hit it. It fell into the water. “You were quite the adversary Mark.” Chansu bowed, then gathered his Shark Qi into his feet and walked out to the center of the lake. All of a sudden a tail grabbed his foot and dragged him down under the water. There was the Mark in full Shark form. “Mark you can transform.” Chansu teased in a happily surprised tone. The Mark dashed him. “Wait how am I breathing down here.” Chansu touched his neck and felt gills. “Partial Soul Forming?” Chansu dodged the Mark. “I cant do anything under water.” “Leave it to me.” Chansu heard a voice he assumed was his spirit animal say. Though as far as he knew Spirit Animals couldn’t talk. He closed his eyes and Concentrated. When they opened they were he had Serpent pupils. The Mark came back around and this Chansu caught it by the head, and dashed upwards out of the water and slammed it on the ground. His Pupils returned. “Now now, Mark play fair. I’m only human. Now then.” The Mark rose it’s hands and water from the lake rose in the air and sharpened. “How does that even?” He dodged as Water needles flew at him. The Mark dashed to him as well with punches and kicks pummeling him. Each punch was stronger that Big Bandit’s punches. If it was for Chansu cloaking himself in Shark Qi he would’ve been dead long ago. He caught the Mark off guard with a foot sweep tripping it, then kicked it, sending it flying. The Mark got up, and raised it’s power to the max. Giving off a powerful aura that clearly showed Chansu the difference in their power. “Well then. I don’t know if oy can actually communicate with me but if so, I think Imma need your help for this, Spirit Animal.” Chansu closed his eyes. When he opened the Snake pupils were back, and the Mark Kicked it leg launching fang, as Did Chansu. The two Fangs collided, battling to see which would win. The Mark growled, meanwhile Chansu closed his eyes and Meditated. His Fang grew larger as it managed to overcome the Mark’s Fang. The Mark closed it’s eye as the Fang reached it. It was over, Chansu had won. Chansu bowed to the Mark and took it’s Demon Core. He Meditated. This time for hours apparently, as Night had already fallen when he had finished and reached the peak of the 6th Luhan Layer. “Ah I’m finally done with the Fields Of Izai. Those were tough Demon Beasts, Now then on to Kanagawa.
  • edited August 9
    Ch12: Meeting My Spirit Animal

Chansu had arrived in Kanagawa, only then realizing Kanagawa isn't a city but a prefecture, with 19 cities in it. "Damnit Master Azusa. Could you be any more vague. Oh well. I guess I'll head to the capital." Hours later Chansu arrived in Yokohama. "Why wouldn't there be Shark Arts school here. This is a port City after." He wandered the crowded streets of Yokohama, Looking for any place a Shark Arts Master might be. There were merchants on either side of the street selling things of all sorts. "Yixing elixirs for sake. Yixing Elixirs for sale. They'll raise your cultivation and allow you to instantly breakthrough to the Luhan Layer. One Koryu coin, or Five Hundred Seiyru Coins. "Hmmm Yixing Elixirs. I heard their the best of the best Us ually only available to us of the 8 great families. Maybe I should buy a few. Eh nah, I don't wanna rely that heavily on Concoctions When I can rely on my own natural talent." Chansu walked on through the city. He eventually came to a fountain in the middle of a square. "You made it I see." "Chansu turned around and there was a man. He was about 6'3, nearing 40 years old. "I am Fudo. Retired Shark Arts Master in charge of testing those who are chosen for Azusa's Head School. Iv'e heard all about you from Azusa. You have a hidden power, granted by a unique Spirit Animal waiting to come out. With potential to surpass even the holy beasts If you cultivate and train enough." "Good. Thats the plan." "Well this final test is a simple one. We wont be battling. Follow me." Fudo turned and walked, and Chansu followed. They eventually came to a little house. They walked inside. "Would you like some tea?" "Yes please." Chansu sat and waited while Fudo went to make tea. As Chansu waited he looked at the various pictures on the wall. Noticing one in particular of him shaking hands with a younger Emperor of Japan, while receiving what looked to be a Medal. Another picture showed him receiving a trophy from the Emperor once again. "I won the great tournament 100 years ago." "100 years?" "Yes. I'm at the 10th Luhan Layer. My lifespan has already increased 3 times. I'm only 140." Though he didn't look a day over 40. "I reached the 10th Luhan layer at only 20. That same year the great war came back and I was the Main warrior chosen to lead alongside Koryu. I had a great talent that comes around oh every few hundred years. "So why not breakthrough to the Zhang Realms? I'm sure you could reach the 10th with ease, maybe even the Heavenly Destiny." "I could. But as elders we mustn't overshadow Later generations. Azusa had a talent even greater than mine having reached The 10th Luhan layer at only your age." "At 15? Didn't he go to school first or anything." Fudo shook his head. "The Wannijima clan is bred for one thing only. To fight. We all start cultivating and learning basics at young ages in regular school, then head off to our spirit Animal schools at 15. The Wannijima however do not. They train and cultivate nonstop from the age of 4. The bloodthirsty vicious ways of the Shark Arts is in their blood. It's said that they even descended from sharks themselves. Azusa no doubt is one of Japan's greatest warriors in history. Along with the Aotoge clan Progenitor, me, That Okami, The first Wannijima Clan Patriarch, You and your friend ChouChou." "ChouChou?" yes It seems she has been truly blessed. For one of Koryu's Generals of the Golden Army has Chosen her as it's host." "How? I thought the 5 five Golden Generals were all living Demon beasts." "We don't know. However we do know this Great War will without a doubt Spell the fate of Japan and the world, once and for all. Now then on to your test."Chansu hadn't even realized his tea was already finished. "Now we cultivate." Chansu crossed his legs and began to meditate. As Fudo watched him a black aura emerged. "So it's true." He thought to himself. He put his hand on Chansu's back and began to cultivate as well. Chansu found himself standing in an unknown location. He was standing on something long and black that seemed to take up this entire space. It was coiled up too. "Where am I." "Ahh, so I see you've made it into your Spirit realm." "My spirit Realm? Who's there?" "Fear not. For we are one in the same. I am your Spirit Animal, The Great Leviathan." Chansu looked around until he came face to face with a giant sinister serpentine face."I don't know how you got here. Must've been that Shark Arts master. What say we make this a more...Private Affair. Hehe." The eyes began to glow. "Ah, ahh what, whats going on?!" Fudo was sent tumbling backwards. The black aura emanating from Chansu grew more sinister, preventing Fudo from getting any closer. "I'm afraid it's now up to him, and his willpower. Now The real test begins." The Leviathan stared down at Chansu. "Your alot bigger in here than outside." "Lets just say I'm not your typical Spirit Beast. Anyway give me a reason why I shouldn't devour you right now and keep your body for myself." Give me a reason why you should. From the looks of things you've already died once. Why come back only to risk being defeated again by that which killed you in the first place." "A fearless one aren't you. Looking death in the face without even so much as a shiver, and yet you speak with the tongue of a fox." "What do I have to fear in this world? There's nothing my power cant crush therefore I have no reason to fear anything. Even you." "Haha. I never thought I'd see the day a human would stand up to me. I knew there was something about your spirit that drew me to you when you were born. It's time for you to learn the truth about me just yet. I'll allow you to continue wielding my power, in exchange for showing me what you can do with it. You better use to me to reach the top of all humanity." "Just sit back and watch..or lay...float...whatever your doing there, existing." "Very well. Close your eyes." Chansu closed his eyes and The Leviathan flew through Chansu. As it did He opened his eyes back in the real world and he absorbed the Dark Aura. Then a burst of energy erupted from him. He had broken through to the 6th Luhan Layer. "I've broken through to the 6th Luhan Layer." Master Fudo stood up."You're unharmed. That is good. Well the final test was to fight and master your Shark Art's Spirit Animal. What happened in there?" "We talked. It said it's not the time to learn the truth about it yet. Any idea what it meant?" "If it says it's not time then I cannot divulge that information to you. You will learn in time." "I see then. Thank you master." "The train station is just up the road. It'll take you straight to Shimoda." "I'll be on my way then." Chansu bowed and walked out and headed on his way.

• edited August 9
    Ch13: Chansu's Arrival

Chansu finally arrived at his destination. The ironically named Azusa Academy Shark Arts School. “Well he is the Head of the Arts.” Chansu walked through the gates and there was Azusa himself. “I see you made it. And now your at the 6th Luhan Layer.” “Yes, I emerged from the Hall Of The Elders having reached the pinnacle of the 5th Luhan Layer. Then this little excursion you put me through has pushed me to the 6th Luhan Layer.” "Good, cuz In my school the only rule is survival of the fittest.” Nearby a group of students were watching. “Whos that?” One boy asked. “That's the new student. The genius of the Aotoge Clan.” “The Aotoge? Ahh The branch Family. And he calls himself a genius?” “I heard the headmaster went to witness his Spirit Animal test personally and recruited him himself.” “So Uncle Azusa Recruited him personally? It seems this guppy must be shown the real dangers of the ocean and learn it's place.” The scheming boy’s gang chuckled mischievously. “Well go ahead make it to your dorm and settle in. Feel free to stay in any dorm you like, your more than powerful enough. I shouldn't have to warm you though to watch your back. As the patriarch of one of the 8 great clans of Japan I have access to some of the highest cultivation techniques as well as cultivation areas. Check the library their all listed there. Classes, should you choose to go are from 7 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. Then individual cultivation time and practice after that for however long. No curfew, No bedtime, Cultivate for months straight if you want,  whatever it takes to prepare for the great tournament and later Great war.” “Yes. Headmaster.” “Drop the formalities, Just Azusa is fine.” “Alright.” they Shook hands and Azusa walked off. Chansu walked over time the map of the school and looked for the “You Are Here” mark. He Then find the spots marking the Dorm locations. “Hmmm, Goldfish, Great White, and Orca. Judging from these dorm names students are placed by their natural talent, but can later move up as they climb The Layers. It seems All students who enter at 5th and 6th Luhan are Goldfish, Then 7 & 8th are great Whites, then 9th is Orca. He said I can choose any dorm, he must see the potential for me to reach 10th Luhan Layer.” “Greetings brother.” A group of 5 students. Approached Chansu. “I am Akechi Wannijima. I am most honored to meet this young brother who has clearly gained favor with my uncle the headmaster.” “I am Chansu Aotoge and it is my pleasure. I am honored to meet another member of the esteemed Wannijima clan.” “I hear they call you the genius of the Aotoge clan.” “Aheh, I'm no genius. Though I am the new patriarch.” “AHAHAH this Brother surely jests.” The group laughed as did Chansu. “I hear my Uncle personally recruited you. You must have some skill for him to seek you it himself, I'd love to see this potential Uncle thinks so highly of.” “Is elder brother suggesting an endurance match?” “Yes I am.” “Very well, I accept.” “Tonight.” “I'll be there.” “Haha this fool Is courting death. I'll show him what happens to those who they can steal my spot as number one genius of the shark arts.” Akechi thought to himself. “Don't disappoint.” “I won't.” Akechi and his lackeys left as more students approached Chansu. “We heard everything, he plans to humiliate you in front of the whole school.” “I know, in not worried.” “That Akechi Wannijima is just a bully. He's only at the peak of the 8th Luhan layer but uses his status as nobility and skill to bully anyone he wants. Especially anyone with any possible talent/potential to surpass him. They call you the genius of the Aotoge being the first of your clan to manifest a shark art spirit.” “I know.” “I'm Ryobi of the Divine Killing Wind Family.” Said a boy about 17 years old. He had on a brown brown vest hat showed off his muscles. “I'm Kyoshiro of The Gunjou Clan.” He had on samurai like robes with a sword on his hip.” “I'm Shirayuki of the Frozen Snow family.” Said a Girl with shrine maiden clothes on. “I'm Chansu, Patriarch of the Aotoge clan. And I understand where you're coming from about Akechi, but he’s simply pushing weaker and promising students to work harder. Azusa said the only rule is survival of the fittest. But that's not to be taken literal. He simply means all of us shall be made Fit enough to survive the Great war. However there still is a limit to how much power he has to do with as he pleases. I'll shall teach him a lesson tonight. Now then where's the goldfish Dorms?” “Goldfish, but surely you're strong enough to stay in the Orca Dorm.” “I've no desire to live amongst pompous asses. Besides is like til keep my power concealed for a while. I'm at the the 6th Luhan Layer. I plan on reaching the Zhang realm though.” “The Zhang realm?  Very few Masters ever reach the Zhang realm in their life.” “Azusa is at the Zhang Realm.”  "Really?" "Yea, he said it back at my old school, when me and him sparred against the next Seiryu head Mizusa and a newly awakened Seiryu girl." "Wait you faced Mizusa Mibu?" A girl off in the distance leaning against a wall opened her eyes at the mention of Mizusa. "I didn't do much but go up against the girl. Azusa Fought the Graduate. He entered the "Realm Of Nothingness", but it turned out Azusa was in the realm the whole time he was there. Mizusa launched an attack, And Azusa Said "NOW FEEL THE POWER OF ONE WHO HAS BROKE THROUGH TO THE 1ST ZHANG REALM, BOY!!! AHAHWAHAHA!!! (Perfect impression haha) He launched a Fang that reached beyond the clouds. In the end Mizusa's father stepped in and stopped the attack before showing himself." "Wow, So Headmaster Azusa really is at the first Zhang Realm. The Zhang Realm is something thought only to be achieved by Grand Elders around at least 150 Years old." "Did you say 150 years old?" "Yea. By reaching the 6th, 9th, and 10th Luhan levels your lifespan increases. Of course by the time your 80 years old have grandkids there's really nothing Left to do in life but advise your clans Patriarch, play "Shogi" and "Go", and Cultivate in an attempt to reach new power and enlightenment. The Zhang Realm is a surefire way to close the gap between us regular Spirit Animal Artists and Holy Beast. A 1st Luhan Level Holy Beast is equal a 5th Luhan Non-Holy Beast. But to reach the Zhang Realm is gain immeasurable power. While many clan elders and Grand Elders are at the Zhang realm now it’s rare for someone as young as Azusa to reach the Zhang Realm. The only others who ever reached it at a young age were Master Fudo, The first Wannijma Patriarch, The Aotoge Progenitor, Ayumi Wannijima and the 25th Aotoge Patriarch, Mizusa’s dad, and now Master Azusa. I guess everyone is pulling out all the stops for the next Great War. Well if you really wanna stay in the Goldfish dorms with us then we'll gladly show you the way." They all walked on, Shirayuki met eyes with Chansu blushing instantly and turning away. He just smiled. The mystery girl nearby was approached by Master Azusa. "Is that him?" She spoke. "Yes. That boy possesses the Leviathan. He'll rise up and do great things with it. The Great Tournament is all but ours." "I see." "Keep am eye on him. He has yet to even taste the power of the Leviathan. If it looks like he may lose control at any time step in and stop him." "Yes Master Azusa." "It seems my idiot Nephew picked a fight with him. He doesn't know what he's getting into. That's fine. We'll use him as an example, to the rest of japan."

• edited September 9
    Ch14: ChouChou Teaches a Lesson

ChouChou was in the dining hall surrounded by boys showering her with Snacks. “Yess Yess come, give me all our snacks and food. A beautiful girl like me has got to keep herself healthy and full of nutrients.” She said, winking at the horde of boys, while onlooking girls all grouped together stared at her angrily. “She’s enjoying this way to much.” Kikyo said to Mizusa and Mizaka who watched. “Hahah she’s young but  hard worker she deserves it. She’s already at the 7th Luhan layer at only 15. Years of cultivation achieved in a few short months. Not to mention the Gyokuryu speeding up her Cultivation by allowing her to take in the energy of the very earth itself.” “She may very well reach the Zhang Realm by the Great Tournament.” “Uh-oh here comes trouble.” Kikyo said. A boy around 18 years old walked up through the hordes of boys, followed by three followers. “Boss she’s as pretty as they say she is.” “I can see that. Excuse me sister but i couldn’t help but be taken aback by your immense beauty. I am Kusari of the Crimson Sky Family.” He was tall with red long flowing hair, very handsome wearing an outfit that was Red with White clouds all over and the sun right in the center of his open top, drawing attention to his impeccable torso area. “And why should i care who you are?” ChouChou kept on eating her snacks as the crowd went “oooh” Giggling in excitement. “Well a woman as beautiful as yourself only comes once in a lifetime. It only makes sense for me to make you mine.” “HAH! Make me yours? Please. A weakling like you wouldn’t know what to do with all this.” She lifted a leg causing her kimono to fall a little, and pulled her shoulder area down just a tad causing all the boys to blush. Some got nosebleeds. Even Mizusa had to turn his head blushing a bit. “AHAH I like her style.” Kiyomi cheered. ChouChou sat up and leaned forward, her massive cleavage staring Kusari in the face. “Your out of your league boy. Besides my heart belongs to someone else already. So buzz off Little piss-ant.” She flicked him in the forehead sending him flying in a table breaking it. “Haha I Like a strong woman, let’s dance Shall we.” He dashed at her and punched. Without getting into any kind of stance or cocking her leg back she kicked his arm away, and immediately followed with a punch to the face before her foot ever came back to the ground. Kusari flew into his followers, who flew backwards as a result. Every went silent in Astonishment. “What was that?” Kiyomi said aloud, herself taken aback by the weird movement of ChouChou’s defense. Mizusa played the movements back a million times in his head but didn’t recognize that form at all. “Boss, boss you alright?” “Don’t just stand there GET HER!!!” The three followers dashed at her. One lunged with a punch, another went down with a sweep to her feet. The third reappeared behind her attempting to grab her. She first kicked the one on the ground, and with the same foot kicked the one in front, and leaned to the side, turning a bit, kicking the one behind her. Kusari came at her again front the front. Placing her foot back on the ground, in one swift movement she kicked him all over with the other foot with blinding speed. First his left leg, then right leg, then right rib, then left rib, then both sides of his head , ending with a punch to his chest, before her foot touched the ground. Kusari fell to his knees. She then grabbed him by his hair. “This is some nice hair you got. It’d be sad if the Scarlet Rose family used our Secret Ultimate Super Deluxe Hidden Permanent hair removal technique on it.” She goaded before tossing him away. The crowd whispered about her being a part of the Royal Family. “Just kidding haha I’m not that mean. But let this be a lesson. Listen when a girl says No. I might be forgiving, but my father The crown Prince might if he ever learned something happened to his little girl.” The crowd once again murmured to themselves. She did a little hair flip thing causing all the boys to gain heart eyes, and drool as she walked off towards Mizusa and Kiyomi. “Well you sure showed him who the queen is.” Kiyomi high-fived ChouChou. “But what were those moves on just used on him. I’ve never seen kicks from those Angles. Their impossible.” “Ahh yes. North Korean ITF Taekwondo.” Mizusa’s face lit up with anger. “Something wrong?” Kiyomi asked him noticing his sudden facial Expression. “Oh, sorry. It’s nothing. Just a bad memory.” “ITF Taekwondo tends to do that to people.” ChouChou smirked. “What!? What did you just say.” “Someone in your past utterly defeated you with ITF to its full extent, scarring not your body but your very soul.” “How do you know?” “ITF Taekwondo is a vicious Fighting style meant to break the opponent’s body and spirit, leaving a lasting mental scar.” “My old bestfriend...we both entered the Seiryu school together. One day he disappeared. He showed up the day I reached the 9th Luhan Layer claiming to be part of the Shadow Force. He whistled, and a horde of Demon Beasts attacked the school.” “I remember that.” Kiyomi added. “My friend and I fought, and he used ITF Taekwondo on me. The difference in our strength was already great. He had already reached the first Zhang Realm. The pain of his techniques was like nothing I ever felt before. I can still feel them today. I’ve worked everyday since then to reach at least the 10th Luhan layer.” “Ahh, so the big bad Holy Beast leader does have a sensitive side to him.” ChouChou teased. “Well, while I can’t help you overcome the memory and fear i can help you overcome the fighting style...well I can’t but Chansu can.” “Ooo is that the boy she’s after.” “Yup. And while I know Northern ITF Taekwondo, He practices WTF Taekwondo. Which was Developed from ITF as a countermeasure against it. I’m sure he’d be happy to teach you sometime.” “Hmm I may Take you up on that offer then.” She smiled. “I hope I didn’t cause too much trouble with pretty boy over there.” “Oh don’t worry about it. He’s needed that for a long time haha. But I’m gonna have to ask that you refrain from teasing the boys to much….it’s upsetting some of the girls.” Kiyomi asked cautiously, pointing to an angry horde of girls their shadows stretching up the wall behind them resembling demons. ChouChou chuckled.
  • edited August 9

Ch 15: Class

Chansu was in Spirit Animal Art History class Listening to the teacher explain the beginning of Spirit Animal Arts. "Before Humans ever roamed this earth it belonged solely to Demon Beasts. Ruling over the world of Demon Beasts were Two brothers. Koryu The Golden Star Emperor Dragon and Yamiryu The Dark Abyss Dragon. Alongside them were 12 Demon Beast generals. Those who served Koryu were Xia Xue Yifa the Jade Dragon, Xuan Zhe the Jade Goshawk, Wukong The Obsidian Flame Monkey, Pai Cho The Ying Yang Panda Bear, Ichiro the Ruby Winged Lion and Seiya the Sapphire Pegasus. Those who served Yamiryu were Cerberus the 3-headed Dog, Yamata-No-Orochi the 8 Headed Snake, Uroko The Meglodon, Garuda the Raven, Jirai Gumo the TarantulaHawkWasp, and Suzuka the Scarlet Fox. The 14 of them were all Beyond the Zhang Realm having gained The Heavenly Wisdom. But they weren’t the only ones. Other demon beasts had reached the Heavenly Wisdom. And they are the progenitors of mankind as well as the Spirit Animal Arts.” A student rose their hand. “Are you saying we all came from Demon Beasts?” “Yes. That’s correct. That’s why we are able to wield spirit Animals. Within all of us Lies The “Spirit Realm”. A collective of Spirit Energy left by the Progenitors to contain Spirit Animals. When we are born our Spirits call out. And a Spirit Animal Answers the call and comes to us merging with and residing in our Spirit Realm. Anyway Eventually the Progenitors of The Spirit Animal Arts in Human form gave birth to the human race. They taught their ways of fighting to the humans. Fast forward to a couple thousand years ago and the human population grew. Koryu had a son, a Name we should all be familiar with. Oda Nobunaga. A man of immense power even without the use of his Spirit Animal. The first Human to reach the Heavenly Wisdom. It's said that his cultivation was beyond even that of the Heavenly wisdom.  He went on to unite the many clans of Japan and established his rule as the Progenitor of The Royal Family, The Scarlet Rose Family. He lived to be 500 years old. However having reached the Heavenly Wisdom he was able to remain a Spirit and advise the Scarlet Rose Family long enough to see a fully developed Japan at which point he moved onto to the Heaven Plane. Koryu wished to hand rule of the world over to the humans namely the Scarlet Rose Family but Yamiryu disagreed and wanted to continue ruling the world. The two brothers were at odds and it wasn’t long before Yamiryu declared war On Koryu. And so The first Great war of Shadows took place. It was a long and arduous battle that lasted 30 days. Many great warriors lost their lives. In the End One man charged at Yamiryu and ended the war. The Aotoge Clan Progenitor. He was a man of unmatched power, presumably as strong as Nobunaga at the 10th Zhang Realm. Possessing power that rivaled Koryu’s. He was the greatest force in the War Of The Shadows. In the final moments of the War Yamiryu had struck down Koryu leaving it to the Aotoge Progenitor. With the fully Soul Formed power of his Blue Thorned Dragolion he rushed the Great Shadow Dragon. What Followed was a massive explosion and surge of Dark Energy. No one knows exactly what happened in that moment, but the fighting ceased, Yamiryu’s army of Shadow Beasts seemingly vanished along with him, and his generals escaped. It was finally over. Victory had been achieved however The Aotoge Progenitor was never found. A statue was erected in his honor in the Hearts of Tokyo, Kyoto, Shibuya, the Imperial Palace and in the land that would be given to the Aotoge as a gift from the Emperor of Japan for their great Contribution. Ever since then the Great Shadows would come back to try to reclaim the earth time and time again. Each time Koryu would reveal himself to Japan and the Greatest among us would be chosen to Head the front lines, while one Man or woman would be chosen to battle alongside against the Great Shadow Dragon himself. It’s said that just as Koryu reincarnates in human form, Yamiryu comes back in a form each time. The Shadow Force finds him a suitable vessel, be it human, demon beast etc and they resurrect him. His presence is so great it’s felt all throughout Japan by every living thing. It’s terrifying.” “Sensei were you alive for the last Great War?” “Yes though just a child. I was in school when an immensely Malicious and evil feeling washed over my body. All students were sent home, as even regular school teachers who were still spirit Arts practitioners were called to battle. My Father a 10th Luhan Layer Lizard Arts practitioner was sent to battle. He never came back. So I trained and vowed to be stronger than him and avenge him. And I did. I’m At the Pinnacle of The 10th Luhan Layer. Intel tells us the Shadow Force will become active this year. All of you here could very well fight in the Next Great War. One of you may even be the one to fight with Koryu against Yamiryu.” The Teacher made eye contact with Chansu as he said that, then smiled as he continued pacing back and forth.”Dude” Ryobi whispered to Chansu. “Your ancestor was like a Superhero. He saved all of Japan.” "And I Shall do the same." He said smiling at Shirayuki causing her to blush and turn her head. "Dude she's totally Into you. What are you gonna do? She may be a goldfish and may hang around us but she’s actually The prettiest and most popular girl in school. A genuine Nadeshiko. Just look at that mob of jealous classmates eyeing you down over there." Chansu looked behind him to see Rows of classmates staring at him angrily. One even dragged his thumb along his next, while another pounded his palm with his fist. "I dont know. I already have one classmate from my last school that's after me. And one more from long ago." He dreaded the thought of the girl from long ago.

~meanwhile In Aokigahara~

"ACHOO!!! Ooo CHANSU must be somewhere talking about how much he loves me."

“Anyway class is dismissed. You may all move to your on to your training and cultivation time. It would appear Mr. Aotoge here has a big sparring match tonight and must get a move on with his training if he is to win.” The students all left the classroom. Ryobi, Kyo, Shirayuki and Chansu went to the Goldfish Dorm Training field. 

• edited September 7
    Ch16: Training

Chansu and the gang reached the Goldfish training ground where someone awaited them. “Is that…Mirai Mibu?” “Yea it is? Wonder what she could want with us?” “Who’s Mirai Mibu?” Chansu asked as they approached her? “Only the star of the Academy.” “But I thought that was Akechi.” “Please.” Mirai spoke. She was a beautiful slender woman of 16 with shoulder length Blue hair. “Akechi is no star. Just a pompous ass. I Mopped the floor with him on multiple occasions.” “Like you Mirai is a special case among her clan. The only Member not to be born a Seiryu Arts Practitioner. The Mibu Clan Progenitor was said to be Seiryu himself having gained the Heavenly Wisdom. That being said all his the Mibu clan being his direct descendants are all Seiryu Arts users.” “Except for me. I was born with an Azure Frost Shark, instead of an Azure Dragon. However that doesn't exempt me from my clans innate power. That being said your just what I needed.” “What do you mean?” “Wanna spar?” “Sure. We were just heading here for some training.” Chansu and Mirai took opposite sides of the field. A crowd started to gather “Hey The Legend of The School , Mirai Mibu is sparring with the new genius.” Chansu dashed with a punch. Mirai stayed still simply tilting her head. “Come at me for real, you’ll never hit me like that let alone Akechi.” Chansu gathered some Qi in his feet, and dropped onto his feet, spinning them in a helicopter kick. Mirai kicked at the right time hitting him in the arm, causing him to fall. He got up and launched a flurry of kicks, which she dodged all of. She gathered some Qi in her palm and struck Chansu in the stomach sending him flying. “You know my cousin, Mizusa? I’m stronger than him.” She dashed and came down with a foot which he rolled out of the way of leaving a crater. “I’ve already reached the first Zhang Realm.” The crowd gasped. Chansu got up. “Then this Should fun.” He dashed then stopped of the toes of his left foot. His right leg flew backwards, then came forward Which Mirai sidestepped, but didn’t expected what followed. Chansu’s foot didn’t fly forward but instead across to the lefT Sending Mirai flying. “Hwechook.” Chansu said as he placed his foot down. “Did you guys see that?” The crowd murmured. Azusa and Akechi were also watching. “Nice move there kid. Been awhile since someones laid a finger on me. Akechi sure never did. “She thrusted a palm, launching a ball Of Qi at Chansu. Which he dodged, but she seemed to speed up immensely as she rushed with a flurry of Qi charged punches. “There it is. Mirai’s Qi mastery is crazy. Especially being a Zhang Realmer, she has access to techniques that we wouldn't even be able to think of yet. Super Qi Speed, pure Qi blasts without being Soul formed.” Chansu got up. Mirai dashed at him, With a Qi charged fist. She stopped short and punched launching a giant Qi fist. Chansu jumped on to his left foot, his right leg rose up in the air at a diagonal angle, and he kicked launching a massive wind blast. It engulfed Mirai’s Qi and hit her before she could dodge. “What was that?” “I don’t know boss. That’s no Technique I’ve ever seen. And certainly not a Shark Art.” Akechi’s lackey replied. “I don’t know who trained you, but they did a damn good job. I’ve never come across these moves in my life. Make it to the Zhang realm and you’ll be unstoppable.” “Thanks.” Chansu replied. Mirai dashed and Chansu prepared a kick. As he kicked his foot stopped against an invisible barrier. “Qi barrier.” She grabbed his leg and slammed, with a knee on his chest and a fist above his face. “That’s enough for now. Don’t need you getting to serious. Save it for Akechi.” She helped him up. “Wow To think you actually went toe to toe with Mirai Mibu.” Ryobi said. “You were really cool.” Shirayuki said blushing. “You make it to the Zhang Realm, and I’ll teach you external Qi techniques.” “You used it as a projectile.” “Yes. It’s very useful and saves you from having to soul form or use Shark Arts to early.” “Alright.” Mirai walked off in Azusa’s direction. “Those Kicks. That stance of his. That belongs to a long lost Fighting Style.” “Really? I thought those leg angles seemed impossible for a regular human.” “WTF Tae Kwon Doe, also known as Renewal Tae Kwon Doe. Developed to combat the Destructive Power of ITF Tae Kwon Doe. They both existed long before humans, having been created by demon beasts. It was said that the Aotoge Progenitor used WTF Tae Kwon Doe. No other User were ever named though. I wonder how he managed to learn it then.”
  • edited September 12

Ch 17: Chansu Vs Akechi

The Azusa Academy Arena was full. Every student and teacher was in attendance. But on top of that what everybody wasn’t aware of was that this was being broadcasted all over Japan. To every school, family, even the Royal family was watching. Everyone was to witness the birth of a new genius…Of the savior to Stand beside Koryu in the Great War of the shadows. Akechi and Chansu approached the ring and Azusa himself took the liberty of announcing. "Azusa Academy Of The Shark Arts. Standing before you are two geniuses. One you all Know to well. My very own Nephew and #2 star of Azusa Academy, Akechi Wanijima. And the other is the The Genius of the Aotoge clan. The first member to manifest the Shark arts. The rising star, Chansu Aotoge.” Everyone cheered for the two of them. “The battle will go on until one side concedes defeat or is unable to battle. If the two of you are ready you may begin." "I hope elder brother will take it easy on me so I may learn through battle." "Surely." Akechi took no time manifesting his Spirit animal. It was a Two-headed hammerhead Earth shark. It then disappeared, and Akechi's head started to shift into the shape of a hammerhead shark. Then a hammerhead shark head appeared on each shoulder, his skin became hammerhead shark armor, and he sprouted a tail. "Soul forming already, Akechi's wasting no time getting serious." Azusa said. Akechi swung his tail and Armor shards flew at Chansu at blinding speeds. He managed to Dodge but one clipped His shoulder. Before he could recover Akechi was already up close with an overhead kick coming down on Chansu. He blocked but the sheer force of the kick pushed him down a bit. Akechi swung his tail hitting Chansu in the stomach sending him flying. The Shark heads on each shoulder opened their mouths and shot a flurry of rocks at Chansu. He ran forward and jumped horizontally and spun over and over before sticking his right foot out as it came around to the ground again and he kicked launching debris that flew through Akechi’s rocks and also pierced his Shark Armor. Causing him to spit up blood. “Chijou Danmaku!!!” “A lucky shot. You wont be so lucky again.” Akechi dashed right in and threw a punch. Chansu lifted a leg to block, but Akechi stuck his tail in the ground causing him to flip upwards kicking Chansu in he chin sending him flying upwards. Then he flicked his tail at Chansu, flinging rocks which hit him. He then lifted his fists, and Earth gathered to them forming Earth Gauntlets. He dashed up to Chansu and punched downward in his stomach. “Why isn't Chansu Soul Forming. I know he can.” Ryobi questioned. Chansu got up but Akechi was already upon him, with a punch to the face. However Chansu kicked him in the face at the same time, sending him flying. He sprung off his hands, kicking his foot launching a giant boulder at Chansu. Chansu concentrated and ran forward, and jumped horizontally with a spin, he stuck right his leg letting the boulder make contact pushing leg back some, then pushed forward launching the boulder back at Akechi. “WHAT!?” He stuck his hands out closed together, splitting the boulder in half. There was Chansu with his left knee to Akechi’s torso lifting him into the air “Harifuto!” Then Chansu spun kicking him with the right leg, followed by a kick by the left, which followed all the way through changing direction midkick sending Akechi’s face downwards to the ground. “Boshi Jo Ashige!!!” “Chansu is amazingly holding his own against Akechi even without Soul Forming. Those legs of his seem deadly. Better watch out folks.” Azusa narrated. Akechi got up. “Play time is over.” He jumped into the Air and chunks of the earth started flying to his body, covering him, more and more flying forming a giant doubleheaded hammerhead shark. Mirai Stood and jumped down before Chansu. “MASTER AZUSA HE’LL KILL HIM!!!” Chansu put his hand on her shoulder. “Don’t worry. I got this.” “She blushed and stood aside.” Massive boulders flew at Chansu. He jumped up and kicked one shattering it, then spun kicking the debris shattering the other boulders. A giant shark’s tail extended and flew straight for Chansu. “ah shit.” It smacked him cracking some ribs, causing him to spit up blood and sending him flying to the ground. He got up hold holding his left arm Like Vegeta. A wave of earth rose from the ground like water headed for Chansu. He closed his eyes and concentrated. “Uh Leviathan, what the hell am I supposed to do against that? A little help would be nice it’s undodgeable.” “why should I help you?” “But you said no harm would come to me.” “Yea no harm from me. If you cant even handle that, then its means your not the one I was looking for. I’ll just find another host. Your too full of yourself. Did you really think you could take him without soulforming in the first place? You ignore the power I present you for what? Yes you may be powerful on your own, but I’m here for a reason.” “You right, sorry I wont ignore your power anymore.” “I’ll help you this once. Your on your own after this attack.” Chansu opened his eyes and had one Snake-like Pupil. He kicked his foot and a Fang launched as wide as the wave of earth. It collided with the wave decimating. The giant Earth Shark headed for Chansu while fire rocks at him.. He closed his eyes and began to spin, burying his foot into the ground while being pelted by rocks. As he spun more and more Akechi drew closer. “Not yet.” He spun more and more Akechi was almost upon him. Chansu stopped, his right leg outstretched  on the floor behind him wind surging around him. He jumped up to the Earth Shark and kicked with his foot. “RYU KAZE ISSHUUUUUU!!!” His foot met with the Nose of one of the Shark heads, firing an immense blast of concentrated, compressed wind completely obliterating the Earth Shark. Akechi was revealed being cut up by a whirlwind surrounding him. “urgghh I’m not done yeeeetttt WOOOORRRRMMMM.” He opened his mouth. “nnghhhhAHHHHH!!!” A flurry of earth spewed from his mouth hitting Chansu battering him, driving him to the ground knocking him unconscious. Akechi fell to the ground. He was unable to move but still conscious. “mwahaah I ALWAYS WIN.” The crowd was silent, save for Akechi’s lackeys. “Ladies and Gentleman. What an amazing battle we just witnessed. Chansu did in deed live to the expectations placed upon him as the Genius of the Aotoge.” The arena started shaking. Everyone looked around in panic. Azusa looked around for any sign of enemy attacks. Instead the Leviathan appeared. Everyone was in shock. It spoke in a deep bellowing, sinister voice. “YOU THINK YOU WON. AHAHA IF CHANSU WOULDV’E USED MY POWER FROM THE BEGINNING YOU WOUL'DVE DIED WITHIN SECONDS. HE DID THIS TO PROVE HIS OWN POWER TO ME. AND INDEED HE HAS. NOW THEN HIS REWARD.” Akechi’s Doubleheaded Hammerhead Shark appeared. “What? What’s going on.” “I’M GOING TO DEVOUR YOUR SPIRIT BEAST.” “What, No you cant.” Azusa, Mirai and other Shark Arts Masters all jumped down to the arena, various Spirit Animals appearing. “HAHAHA YOU ALL ARE NOTHING BEFORE ME.” Tentacles appeared from nowhere wrapping their Spirit Animals causing them pain, rendering them unable to move. A tentacle wrapped up Akechi’s spirit animal. “NO PLEASEEE!!!” It was pulled into the Leviathans mouth as It whole. A surge flew through Akechi’s body causing him unbearable pain. He lost consciousness. The Leviathan disappeared, Chansu's body started glowing surrounded by a dark aura.

• edited August 9
    Ch 18: A Visit From An Envoy

Chansu woke up. “He’s awake.” He heard Shirayuki yell. Everyone came in. Ryobi, Kyo, Mirai, Azusa, Mizusa, Kiyomi , and ChouChou who ran over and hugged him. “Oh Chansuuu I missed you so muchhhh.” “ugghh oww yea yea I missed u too. Now get off your killing me.” “Oh sorry hun.” She backed up. “Dude you were awesome.” Ryobi commented. “Those kicks were heavenly Your gonna have to teach me.” Kyoshiro added. Shirayuki approached shyly. “You w-were really cool.” “Thanks Shirayuki.” He hugged her turning her super red, and passing out. “haha Shirayuki passed out Ryobi laughed. “That was quite a match.” Mizusa said. “Mizusa? When did you get here, speaking of which yea why are you and ChouChou were you here watching it?” “No. I secretly broadcasted the fight all across Japan.” Azusa responded. “Yep. I saw the whole thing. My little honeybunny kicked serious ass.” She leaned in and whispered in his ear. “But it’s too soon to be showing off our Taekwondoe.” Chansu’s eyes opened. “You know about that?” “Yup. I know all about your WTF and I know ITF Just makes me want you and wanna defeat you even more.” She stood back up and moved aside, as Mizusa stepped forward. “Do you remember anything?” “I remember Kicking Akechi’s Earth Shark and then he pummeled me with a rock stream and that’s it.” “He doesn’t remember.” “What, what happened?” “After Akechi’s last attack knocked you out. Your spirit animal appeared and ate his.” “It what?!” “Yup. Your at the 8th Luhan Layer now.” Azusa added. “As Azusa said this fight was broadcasted all over Japan. The genius who took down another without use of Spirit Animal arts. Your bound to garner fame and attention. From both the emperor and the Shadow Force. Especially after your Spirit Animal Incident. What you did was a forbidden technique used by the Shadow guild as a means to steal cultivation and climb the layers faster.” “Yes indeed it is.” A man dressed a long white robe with a Rose on it missing 3 petals walked. “Envoy of the Scarlet Rose Family.” Azusa said. “You must be Chansu.” He said looking at Chansu. Chouchou stepped in front of him causing him to bow. “Lady ChouChou I had no idea you were here.” “Yea well now you know. Did my father send you here?” “Yes he did.” “Well as you can see I’m already here, I know Chansu personally. I will gladly report to my father myself, your not needed here.” “But of course Your Majesty, My apologies. But I was ordered to bring him before the Emperor.” “Well as you can see he’s still confused, and in need of more rest and healing. I’ll bring him to grandfather myself. And Mizusa here, son of Mizuchi the Mibu clan Patriarch and Azusa, the Wannijima Clan Patriarch will accompany me. Like I said your not needed, and father has any problem I’ll talk to him when we get there. Now leave me and my boyfriend in peace before I get Mad.” She said rising a Seiryu Aura for him to sense. “Yes Lady ChouChou I’m terribly sorry.” The man walked out. Everyone else was in shock except Mizusa. “What was that? And Boyfriend?” Chansu questioned. “eheh you see…the thing is…My father is the crown Prince.” “WHAAAATTTT!!!” Was heard from outside the Azusa Academy Infirmary. “You mean…Your from the Scarlet Rose Family?" Chansu asked her. “Yup. And once we get married your in next line to inherit the throne after my father seeing as he has no sons.” “h-h-he CANT MARRY YOU!!!” Shirayuki blurted out. “Huh? Why not?” Shirayuki looked down twiddling her thumbs nervously.  “haha Fighting for your love Shirayuki.” Ryobi teased. “Anyway yea I figured you’d my grandfather would want to meet you. So I made sure to get here before any Envoy.” “Smart move. I like her.” Azusa said. “Well anyway You've been asleep for a month.” “A month?” “Yes. Your body or rather your Spirit Animal needed time to Refine the energy you absorbed. Then your body needed to adjust and incorporate the energy into your own cultivation then breaking through to the 8th layer.” “Yup. We’ve both reached the 8th Luhan Layer. But I’m still stronger.” “haha we’ll see about that.” “Well then, onto this Emperor business. It’s been a month, your wounds healed long ago. Me, Mizusa and ChouChou are of course going with you. Due to ChouChou’s unexpected belonging to the Royal family it should be a smooth visit.” “Yes grandad wouldn’t dare do anything to hurt me. Which means your safe.” “On that note were headed to the Tokyo imperial Palace grounds, where the Scarlet Rose Family Resides.” “Can we go?” “No.” “Aww.” “I’ll be fine guys.” “Oh I know you will, it’s her I’m worried about.” Shirayuki said. “Her whole personality changes when there’s a threat to her love. Scary.” Kyo added. Chansu walked over and hugged Shirayuki. “Don’t worry, if she tries anything I’ll let you know when we get back.” Shiranui blushed while ChouChou steamed. “o-okay Chansu.” “And now she’s shy again. Would ya look at that.” Kyo chuckled. Ryobi patted Chansu on the back. “We’ll be waiting for you to get back.”

• edited September 16
    Ch 19: Anger and Punishment

“That Azusa. He’s gone to far!!!” A man angrily slammed his fist on a table. “He believes himself untouchable simply because he is the Patriarch.” “He allowed your son to be made a fool of, youv’e lost face within the clan.” “It’s his own sons fault. He chose to be arrogant and this is what it got him.” the grand elder said. “and to pick a fight with an Aotoge no less.” “It matters not who he is. He crippled my sons Cultivation. He was to be the next Patriarch. The boy will pay.” “Get ahold of yourself Aichi. His clan has major influence. Japan need not be at war with itself, only with the Great Shadows.” “tsk.” Aichi turned and walked off. “Then I’ll deal with him myself.” He said under his breath. Another of the elders walked alongside. “I will help you Aichi. Azusa has done whatever he wants for to long. We will put down the Great Shark and his pet Leviathan. I’ll have someone watch the boy and strike when the time is right.” “Good.”

• edited September 16
    ch 20: The Trip and The Assassination Attempt

Chansu woke up and got dressed and walked outside where ChouCohu, Azusa and Mizusa waited. Also waiting was 4 horses. One dressed up in a Gold and shining Scarlet saddle and bridle. A royal horse to be rode by Chouchou. Mizusa had a white and black regal looking horse. Azusa had a blue horse-shark Demon beast. It was a horse, but with fins, and 32 rows of teeth. For Chansu there was a sleek black horse. He climbed on. “I’ll lead the way.” Chouchou said as she “Giddy up’ed” her horse. About an hour into the trip they stopped in Numozu to give their horses some rest. “I’m going to the bathroom.” Chansu said. “Oo I’ll go with you.” “Yyyyea no thanks.” He said holding ChouChou’s face back with a face. He walked in the bathroom. When he finished he went to wash his hand. He suddenly ducked a kick to the head and spun with a low foot sweep but the mask assailant jumped and front flipped with a kick. Chansu blocked with his arms. “Who are you?!” The assailant kicked launching a Fang Point blank, sending Chansu through the wall in front of the group. “Chansu?! Are you alright what happened.” ChouChou ran over to him. The assailant flew up put the rubble of the bath house and flew at them, but Mizusa blocked it with a wing. Azusa landed a kick to the Assailants head sending him flying cracking his mask, a piece falling revealing the upper right portion of his face. He ran. Mizusa started to chase but Azusa put an arm in front of him. “Don’t worry about I. I have a vague idea of who it could be. Let’s continue.” They mounted their horses and continued. Upon reaching Kanagawa they stopped by Master Fudo’s house. “Azusa. I wasn’t expecting any company today. You’ve brought friends I see.” “Master Fudo. Past Winner of the Great tournament. It’s an honor.” Mizusa bowed respectfully“The honor is all mine, Mizusa Mibu. Next Patriarch of the Mibu clan. Good to see you again Chansu. I see you've Broke through to the Next Luhan Layer.” “Yes I have.” “And who might you be?” “I am ChouChou of the Scarlet Rose Family.” She curtsy’d “Oh your highness, no need for formalities with me.” He bowed, then got back up. “It would seem you are all on a journey of some sort, Please have some tea.” They all sat down as Master Fudo went to prepare some tea. He came back moments with the tea. “I saw your fight the other day. I was most impressed. However Azusa, That Leviathan of his is very dangerous if left unchecked.” “Well he’s actually been summoned by the Emperor.” “I see. The Emperor or at least the crown prince is going to want to talk to him in person and learn about him. No doubt try to recruit him into the Royal Guard or imperial army. Somehow he’ll try to keep you under wraps.” “I’m aware.” “Luckily I’m his girlfriend, so there wont be anything to worry about.” “Oh really now? Hoho well then Chansu should be fine now.” “Please don’t entertain master Fudo.” Chansu said facepalming. After finishing their tea they headed back out on the road to Tokyo. They stopped one last time making a detour in Yokohama to eat some sushi and Taoyaki. They talked and laughed at ChouChou and how much she can eat, wondering where it all went. They finished eating and headed back to their way. “Grandpa I’m almost there.”
  • edited September 21
    Ch 21: The Emperor

When they finally got to Tokyo they headed to the Chiyoda ward where the Tokyo Imperial Palace is. They came to a bridge. They crossed it stopping at the gate. “HALT WHO GOES THERE!!!” A pair of guards stepped forward. “Oh lady ChouCohu. Your father is expecting you.” The gate opened and they were allowed in. They got their horses and entered the throne room of palace. They walked forward coming to the throne, where her father the Crown Prince sat. Mizusa, Azusa and Chansu all bowed. “You may stand.” He said in a bellowing voice. “Father, where is grandpa. I’ve come with Chansu Aotoge.” “Father Is cultivating. He is at the brink of the 9th Zhang Realm. If he succeeds in reaching the 10th Zhang Realm Japan will no longer have to fear the Shadow Force. As for the boy I will evaluate him myself.” “I would feel better if grandpa was here before you talk to Chansu.” ChouChou said as she walked past her father to the inner chamber. He put a hand on her shoulder stopping her. “Do you mean to interrupt the Emperor’s Cultivation.” “Yes father, yes I do.” She continued to two giant doors and pushed them open, walking inside as they closed behind. “Who are you that my daughter acts so rashly.” “I cannot answer that my lord, that’s something you’ll have discuss her yourself.” “Fear not Mutsuhito. My student bears no ill will or manipulation towards your daughters.” “Mutsuhito? Is that the Crown Prince’s name. Just how important is Master Azusa that he can address the crown prince with such familiarity?” Chansu thought to himself. In the inner chamber ChouChou was barely able to stand, due to the pressure of the emperor’s Qi as he had been Cultivating for months straight. She had to use the power of the Gokuryu, just to move through it. She put a hand on her Grandpa’s back, and focused her Qi into him. This is the only safe way to stop someone in the middle of Cultivating without hurting them and possibly crippling their cultivation. The Emperor’s massive Qi flow continued and in fact grew emitting more pressure. Chansu, Azusa, Mizusa and the crown prince were able to feel it from outside hte chamber. She struggled to withstand it having to once again use Xia’s Qi causing the emperors Qi to come to an abrupt stop. An even more monstrous Qi erupted from him, so great all of the Imperial palace felt it. “WHO DARES TO INTERRUPT MY CULTIVATION!!! was heard from outside the chamber. Then ChouChou’s scream was heard. “CHOUCHOU!!!” Chansu was about to charge when he froze. “W-What is this?” Mizusa was also overwhelmed by the pure pressure of the crown Prince’s Qi. The giant doors opened and out came Emperor Osahito tickling ChouChou. “noooo haha grandpa haha stoooppp.” She charged her fingertips with Qi and poked him in the stomach causing him to drop her, “OOF.” He doubled over with a pained face. “Whyy ChouChou.” “This is the great Emperor?” Chansu thought to himself. “It’s been too long granddaughter of mine. Your Ogi-chan has missed you. Come give me a hugggg.” He said with Arms wide open. “No thanks.” “He’s a grandfather straight out of an anime.” Chansu thought. “I see you've brought friends with you.” “Father this Chansu Aotoge. The one from the fight.” “I see. Come, do not fear.” Chansu walked forward and kneeled.”It’s a great honor My lord.” “You may stand. All of Japan saw that fight of yours. The Aotoge have been to close to the Imperial Family since we first came to rule Japan. My son here has yet to beat Raika in golf. Haha.” “Father.” “a-hem Yes to business. Are you aware of the power you posses?” “Yes my Lord. I’ve conversed with my spirit Animal before.” “You've what?” The crown Prince said. “I can too Grandfather.” “On my trip to Azusa Academy, master Fudo transported me to my Spirit Realm…or rather My Spirit Animal did. It told me that it would indeed help me in my quest to become the most powerful human in existence and protect my country.” “Such Insolence.” The crowd Prince sneered. “Hahaha. Such confidence and devotion to one’s country. You’ll indeed make a fine warrior and Emperor one day.” “EMPEROR!!!” Both Chansu and the Crown Prince gasped in unison. “Father what is this nonsense You speak of?!” “The Aotoge Progenitor was born When Nobunaga 450 years old. They quickly became close friends and eventually sworn brothers. As Nobunaga was nearing death he chose to pass rule of Japan Over to The Aotoge Progenitor instead of to his own family. As he foresaw the possibility of the Royal Family becoming tainted in the future. The Aotoge Progenitor needed time to think. However the Great War happened and when it ended ended, the Progenitor was never found as we all know and instead rule was officially passed to emperor Jimmu by Koryu. Now we have an Aotoge for who my Adorable Granddaughter has fallen madly in love with, Japan may be handed back to it’s proper rule under the Aotoge Clan. If you don’t turn out to be manipulated by the Shadow Force and made into an enemy.” “I would never betray my country, My Lord.” “I believe you wont. But this power you wield may have other plans in store. As we all saw Your beast ate that boys, Spirit Animal. A dark and dangerous ability thought to be lost long ago, Shadow Force members use it after defeating their enemies to grow stronger. Hence why even mere footsoldiers are at least at the 1st Zhang realm.” Mizusa’s eyes went wide. “Mere footsoldiers are at the Zhang Realm? And here I thought I was at the top of the schools. But the Shadow Force has an army of fighters stronger than a holy beast. “The Shadow force, wield Shadow Spirits. Essentially Shadow version of the 12 Spirit animal arts. Their no different from you and I, other than their faster methods of growing stronger. That and they already have all the Shadow Dragons Generals gathered. We don’t even know or when Koryu will show himself.” “My lord if I may.” “You may.” “We do possess, not only this clearly sentient Spirit Animal of Chansu’s which seems to have gained the Heavenly Wisdom, but we have In our possession the Gokuryu.” Both Emperor Osahito and the crown Prince’s eyes went wide. “Your own granddaughter possesses the Gokuryu.” Everyone but Mizusa looked at ChouChou with surprise.” She closed her eyes and concentrated. As she did The Gokuryu appeared, and shifted into a ghostly human form. Both the crown prince and emperor, kneeled bowing their heads before her. “No need to bow.” “One of Koryu’s generals….is a spirit Animal?” The crown prince stammered. “Xia Xue Yifa…The originator of the Seiryu arts, creator of the Mibu clan, one of the great golden generals of Koryu. It’s an honor to stand in your presence. If I may, how and why did you become a Spirit Animal?” “Because. The Shadow Dragon grows stronger than ever. The Great Purge approaches and is the only way to rid this world of it’s evil for good. As a result we must assist depend on the human than ever.” “The Great Purge?” “A time prophesied since the Dawn of Creation. The great God of all will descend upon creation and purge all existence of Demon beasts, leaving the world a truly human Planet. If we do not defeat the Shadow Dragon first however, Koryu fears he may attempt to wield it’s power against us, and wipe out the Light, destroying the world once and for all.” “The god of all?” Mizusa repeated. “Yes. We believe he will take a human form like Koryu. However we know what he even is. He is however the Ancestor of all Demon Beasts. We can all feel our impending end. If his power should fall into the Shadow Dragon’s hands all will be lost.” “So all we can do is wait, and continuing preparing for The Great War."  "Well I am almost at the 10th Zhang Realm. If I can reach the Heavenly Wisdom after that, the scales should tip in our favor.” “Fear not. While we know where Koryu is yet, I do know that another of our generals is also a Spirit Animal, Pai Cho the Ying Yang Panda Bear is out there with a human somewhere. The other 4 are still in Demon Beast form. If you were to find the others you could possibly convince them to take on spirit Animal Form allowing an easy ascension to the Heavenly Wisdom for their human hosts.” “You don’t mean?” “Yes. Young ChouChou will reach the Heavenly Wisdom by the time of the Great War. So will Chansu.” “I Will see to it myself he does.” They all looked around in Alarm. Chansu then began to emit a dark and powerful Aura, as a long disembodied head appeared above him. The crown prince immediately took a ready stance. “I am Chansu’s Spirit Animal. The Great Leviathan. I too gained the Heavenly Wisdom back when Demon Beasts still ruled the earth. I am older than any of them. And not just me, there are others who were neither affiliated with Koryu or Yamiryu who gained the Heavenly Wisdom and are still alive out there. However I am not dead, My body still is still very alive. Should Chansu find it his power will reach beyond even the Emperors. You shouldn't have killed yourself Xia Xue Yifa.” “What are your Intentions Leviathan. Are you with or against us?” The crown prince asked. “I am not interested in the squabbles of those brothers, I will survive the great War regardless. I am simply here for entertainment in the form of watching my host here, grow stronger and continue to defeat those who oppose. And Devour their Spirit Animals for strength. But should he die his body will be mine, and I will destroy everyone. Shadow Dragon and Light dragon alike, it matters not to me.” “SUCH INSOLENCE, I SHALL KILL YOU NOW BEFORE YOU EVER HAVE THE CHANCE!!!” Azusa and Mizusa took ready stances. “MUTSUHITO!!!” The crown prince was already inches from Chansu’s body with 8 Snakes protruding from his body but ChouChou stood between them with a foot next to the Prince's shoulder causing her father and everyone there surprise. Her eyes were glowing, and her clothes were replaced by a revealing Green robe, a floating veil around her shoulders, and a green dragon tattoo running up the side of her legs and torso. “If you much as lay a finger on him, I’ll Kill you myself. Father or not.” “AHAHAH That’s enough.” The Emperor said. “The Leviathan has said nothing wrong. He has shown that he is not on the Shadow Dragon’s side, and is in fact only interested in assisting Chansu, thus Assisting us in defending our country.” “Precisely.” “We have our answer. The boy is free to go. It’s not like we could've executed him anyway. Raika would not have liked that. And war with the Aotoge would've been detrimental for both sides. Besides, ChouChou seems to be infatuated with this boy. Would you want to break your own daughters heart?” The Crown Prince’s Spirit Animal disappeared. “His power, and speed. It was off the charts, I never saw him move.” Mizusa was  Mortified, finally realizing where he stood in japan. He was already more powerful than most masters at 21. however he knew that above were Master Okami, Master Azusa, his father and grandfather, most clan the 8 clan patriarchs and grand elder, but he never imagined the crown prince and emperor to be beyond this much power. He would definitely have to train much harder now. “Thank you grandfather.” “ANYTHING FOR MY ADORABLE GRANDDAUGHTEEERRRRRR!!!” He ran forward but she palmed him with the Qi of Xia. “Oof.” “Well anyway. The matter of Chansu’s alliance has been resolved. As for further matters, you are a member of the Aotoge therefore you have the full support of the Royal Family. Moving forward Your leviathan said something that piqued my interest. There are other Demon Beasts who gained the Heavenly Wisdom. We must find them and bring them to our side. I’m personally assigning you the mission of finding these beasts and recruiting. Not immediately but over time, as you continue training and growing.” “I do know where the location of one such Demon Beast.” The leviathan. “Oh?” “There’s one in what is now Sapporo. The Ancestor of the Frozen Snow family. The Frozen Snow Demon Beast, is a giant Yeti type Demon.” “Well this is good news. The annual Royal Demon Hunt is upon us.” “Royal Demon Hunt?” Chansu asked. “Every year we hos ta giant Demon Beast in a different part of japan. All are free to join. It’s more of a giant training exercise but those who manage to kill Demon Beasts get keep the cores. Usually only Masters are allowed to face Demon Beasts, who may be roaming to close to cities or are a threat to civilian populations. But in this particular instance we release 100 demon beasts we've caught ranging from 1 Luhan Layer to the 10th Luhan layer in a pre-evactuated area to be hunted by the participants. “Sounds like fun.” Upon the announcement all students are taught to refine Qi, in preparation for absorbing and refining any Demon Beast Cores they may extract upon defeating any beasts. If we hold it in Sapporo, you can use it as a chance to find this yeti.” “Sounds like a plan to me.” Chansu said slamming his fist into his palm. “Very well. I look forward to seeing what more You can do young Aotoge. If that is all You may go now.” They all bowed except ChouChou and walked out of the throne room. “Are you sure about him father?” “I trust the Aotoge. They are the Living Symbols of Japan. He will not let us down. I sense great loyalty and determination from that boy. He will no doubt grow to be stronger than all of us.” The Crown Prince had his doubts.

• -ALERT-
    As I went back to find a chapter to find two names I realized the chapter wasn't even there. Chapter 5 Which is chansu and azusa go to chansu's village and he enters the hall of elders was missing. so if you were when he entered when the hall of elders that he leaves in chapter 8 there you go. also didn't realize that my chapters were mis-numbered after chapter 14...didnt realize chapter 15 said 17 instead and so on. I apologize for not paying attention, but thanks for still reading. 
  • Ch21: Chansu Asks Shirayuki A Question

Back at Master Fudo’s house everyone was resting and having tea. “So the emperor has tasked you with finding the Ancient Demon Beasts who exist within the realm of the Heavenly Wisdom. I see. They will be most useful in the war.” “They should be able to Leave their bodies like the Leviathan and enter hosts, at which point if they should agree to help we’ll find suitable hosts for them.” Azusa said.”And it looks like The Gokuryu can locate them too, so we can also search on our end cutting time in half.” ChouChou added. “All sides are preparing for battle in this war. We must remain a step ahead of the Shadow Force if we are to end this once and for all.” Master Fudo stated. “So the Royal Demon Hunt will be used as a cover. When in reality it’ll be an Ancient Demon Beast Hunt.” “The Ancestral Demon beast Of The Frozen Snow Family is the target. A Yeti type demon Beast.” “I’ve seen the statue. Never would’ve thought it was a living creature once.” “Well we must head back to our schools.” Mizusa said. “Ah yes. Go ahead and return. You must continue to train and cultivate. Grow stronger so that you may protect us all.” They all waved and walked off. Eventually it came time to part ways. “Well, Master Azusa, Chansu this is where we part ways. It has been a pleasure to properly meet you Chansu.” “Indeed it has.” “Now don’t you go looking at any other girls you here me.” ChouChou hugged Chansu and tried to kiss him, but he ducked it and backflipped away. “haha, I love it. You will be mine one day. See ya Handsome.” “Bye ChouChou.” Both groups set off in their own direction down the fork in the road. Azusa and Chansu Made it back to Azusa Academy. Awaiting them was the gang, and Mirai “Chansu and Master Azusa have returned.” Ryobi yelled. They all rushed Chansu while Mirai approached Master Azusa. “What was it like?” “Did you meet the Emperor?” “Yes yes I met him and I learned a little more about my clan than I thought.” As he explained to His friends what all went on Mirai spoke to Master Azusa. “So There are Ancient Demon Beasts waiting out there for us to bring to our side.” “Yea. I’m not sure how many but we need at least 10.” “Is 10 demon beasts who have gained the Heavenly Wisdom Necessary? We have both you and I at the Zhang Realm, And many other masters throughout Japan of at the least the 10th Luhan layer and Zhang Realm, not to mention the Emperor, the crown prince, The entire Imperial Army.” “And the Shadow Force possess Cultivation Absorption. Like what Chansu’s Leviathan did to Akechi. They will have an army full of Zhang Realmers by the time of the war. Every bit of extra power counts.” “Yes Master.” “Now Then Shirayuki.” Shirayuki’s face turned red as she jumped in surprise. “Y-yes?” “Would you go on a date with me?” Ryobi and Kyo’s mouths dropped. Mirai smiled, Master Azusa looked on. “W-W-W-at?” “A date. You know a romantic outing between a boy and a girl.” “Y-Y-YES I WILL!!!” “Good.” Chansu Smiled. “Thata boy.” Kyo said patting Chansu On The back. “When did you have in mind for this date?” She asked him. “I’ll let you know.”  

• edited September 16

Ch: 22 More Training

Days later a Royal Announcement was made. The Royal Demon Hunt would be held in Sapporo in 10 days. That meant lots of training for Chansu and the gang. Ryobi was sparring against Kyo who was was working on his sword techniques. He had a unique ability which allowed him to utilize his Spirit Animal “Aquamarine Crested horn Shark” through the Sword on his Hip. Apparently it was made from the spike of the Gunjou Clan’s Ancestral Demon Beast An Aquamarine EagleRaptor and given to his first born human child and when he passed away it was sealed in the clan shrine as none have been able to wield until now. Ryobi dashed at Kyo who swung his sword launching a fang from it which Ryobi dodged, kicking Kyo in the leg, sending slices up it. Ryobi, Under his friendly demeanor was the cold calculating mind of a leader. With the power of his Blood Shark Hound and direct training from Azusa became one of the few Shark Arts Practitioners in history who could utilize “Contact Fangs.” By coming in contact with a person, The fang travels up the body part he comes in contact with slicing it from the inside out. His blood sense is greater than Mirai’s allowing him to cover the entire Academy. Shirayuki of The frozen snow family Was actually at the 8th Luhan Layer like Akechi, being the third strongest in the academy only behind Chansu and Mirai. With the power of her frozen Sharkodile, and Her Ice Touch she was as beautiful as a snowflake, yet cold and icy as the Winter wind. Three girls charged at her. One punched, another jump kicked, the third came in low with a rising Kick. Shirayuki gathered her Ice Qi into her hands and blocked the punch freezing the girl’s fist. She spun towards the oncoming flying kick, grabbing the leg and tossing that girl while freezing her leg. Chansu was off meditating with energy swirling around. He was Cultivating. Master Kizashi walked over to him. “Cultivating are we?” “Yes. I Must break through the Layers so I don’t lose to people like Akechi again.” “Then you must not only Cultivate but continue your Hand-To-Hand Training. Or People like Mirai will continue to defeat you.” Chansu got up and walked over to the others.”Alright who wants to go at it?” “I will.” Kyo volunteered, stepping forward. He put his hand on his sword. “Come at me.” Chansu dashed forward. As he did Kyo surged with energy. As soon as Chansu was close enough Kyo drew his sword with a slash at the precise right moment releasing an insanely powerful slash launching a fang, which Chansu just barely dodged, as it flew past him all the way to the Academy main building wall. “Great Kami of the high August Plane What was that!!!?” Ryobi asked. “I may be a goofball but I do still train of course. That was just a simple sword drawing technique, only meant to be used once per battle to quickly end it in one strike. Of course if it’s dodged then the fight goes on. “So you were trying to kill me ehh.” Chansu said ready to kick a Fang at Kyo. “ahehe Ryobi heeeeelp.” Kyo yelled as he ran around the training ground, chased by Chansu. Shirayuki just watched laughing.

• Ch23: The Date

Chansu woke up. Today was the day. His date with Shirayuki. He brushed his teeth with his favorite Spiderman toothbrush that played the theme song. He put on his orange DragonBall Z shirt that had the Turtle school logo on the front and back. Then matching orange shorts, with an orange Dragon Ball Z jacket that had the Dragonballs on the sleeves, and Goku's name on the back in a sports jersey style. He topped it off with an orange DBZ hate the the turtle school logo on it, with a blue visor and orange and blue Shoes. He walked out of his room to find Ryobi and Kyo waiting for him as if it were his wedding day. "Now Chansu, despite her being from the Frozen Snow family Shirayuki actually likes spicy food. Thai is her favorite. I suggest you take her to "Ananda". It's a thai restaurant." "She'll totally have your kids if you take her." Kyo teased. "Anyway the train ride is three hours long." "So definitely a good chance to cuddle and feel some boob-" Ryobi elbowed Kyo in the stomach. "haha." Chansu and the two walked outside to the front of the academy where Mirai, Master Azusa and a stunningly beautiful Shirayuki in a sleeveless knee length blue Cheongasm covered with Snowflake patterns. Her normal Red Shrine Priestess hair bow was replaced with a blue one. She had those fancy white elbow glove things you see fancy white women wear in london to opera shows and they hold up those tiny binocular spectacles. "Wow." Chansu said. Shirayuki blushed. "Well you just gonna stare at each other all day?" Chansu took Shirayuki's hand, but she took his whole arm yanking him close to her. "Well then, shall we go.?" Azusa walked over to Chansu and whispered in his ear. "There may be another attempt to "discipline" you for defeating Akechi. If you should run into trouble give this to your bird and send it off. It'll lead him to Master Arashi, my other brother who runs A Shark Arts school in Tokyo. He'll send help." Azusa Gave Chansu a little Great White Shark Pendant. "Thanks." Chansu and Shirayuki walked on.

On the train Shirayuki was fast asleep snuggled against Chansu's arm. He looked down eyeing her cleavage, as he heard Kyo's voice in his head. Kyo appeared on his shoulder dressed like a devil. "Your arm is between her boobs. On to Stage Two-." Ryobi knocked him out Chansu's head. "Thanks Angel Ryobi." "Anytime." As time passed before he knew it they had reached Tokyo. "YOU HAVE NOW REACHED TOKYO. YOU HAVE NOW REACHED TOKYO!!!" The Announcer announced over the Loud Speaker. Shirayuki rubbed her eyes tiredly as she sat up. "You ready?" Chansu asked. "Y-yes." They got off the train and walked. "Anywhere you wanna go first?" "Shinobazu Pond. I hear it's very pretty." "Alright then we'll there first." They called a taxi and rode to Ueno Park. When they got there they walked first to The Lotus pond. A section of Shinobazu Pond that covered in Water Lily. "How prettyyyy." Shirayuki eyes sparkled in amazement. Chansu reached down and plucked a lily from the pond, shook off the water and put it in her hair. She blushed. "Now your ten times more beautiful than this pond." "Thank you." She hugged him, but as she did he stumbled and they fell in the pond. "Ah shit." Shirayuki laughed as Chansu was covered in lilys. "Oh you think I look funny huh." He splashed water at her which she froze with her Qi. "No fair." He helped her up. "This may get a bit cold." Chansu kicked his leg creating up an updraft of wind to dry off their clothes. "Thanks." They walked over the next section of Shinobazu Pond Cormorant Pond, named after the birds that inhabit it.    "Oooo. Look at the birds their so prettyyy." "Want me to catch one for you?" "I dont think thats legal ahaha. Their still part of the Zoo over there." "I know." They continued watching the birds for a bit then went over to the final section of Shinobazu. Boat Pond. Where you can rent a boat and for a romantic sit down on the pond. Shirayuki sat on her legs while Chansu layed his head in jer lap. "Well this was refreshing. So what next?" "Are you hungry?" "YES!!!" Shirayuki replied hungrily drooling. "Haha I know just the place." After about 10 minutes of relaxing they left. Chansu had Shirayuki close her eyes in the taxi. Once they got to Ananda and she opened her eyes, which flew open. "THAI FOOD HOW'D YOU KNOWWWW!!!" She hugged him tight and rushed in. Shirayuki ordered 11 spicy dishes. Pad Prik, Khao Pad Nam Prik Narok, Pa Ka Prao, Tom Yum Kung, Laab, Tom Klong Pla Grab, Tom Laeng,  Gaeng Som, Som Tam, Gaeng Kua Kling, and Gaeng Tai Pla. Chansu just got some chicken. He watched in amazement as Shirayuki scarfed down all the food, meanwhile one bite of his chicken had him breathing fire. "Whats wrong Chansu? Not hungry?" "I...im...fine." He was struggling to breathe and talk with his mouth on fire. 10 minutes later Shirayuki was done and her stomach was big From all the food. Chansu was sweating sticking his head in a bucket of water. "Haaa haaa haaa. I dont know how you csn do it." "Do what?" "Eat all that spicy food." "Oh ahaha it's nothing to a Frozen Snow family member. Ontop of the Qi of the Spirit animal we posses we also have unique Ice Qi. We can use to protect against any matter of heat. Even from food." "Well arent you lucky. Anyway theres something we need to talk about." "O-o-h ok." "The upcoming Royal Demon. We wont be participating." "We wont? Why notm thats a great opportunity to collect demon beast cores for our Cultivation." "Me and you have a different mission." "Mission?" "The emperor has tasked me with creating a second force for the war. Besides Koryu and Yamiryu's generals there are other demon beasts that reached the heavenly wisdom. They have the ability to transcend their bodies into spirit form like my leviathan. We' re to find them and find hosts for them. This'll greatly strengthen our side in the war. So during the royal demon hunt Were going to acquire a second Spirit Animal for you." "A second? Is that possible?" "Maybe. Not with normal Spirit Animals though. You know the Giant Statue in Sapporo." "Yes the Statue of my Family's Ancestral Demon Beast The Frozen Snow Yeti "Ye Qiu" he gained the Heavenly wisdom and started my clan." "Well he's still alive. And He's going to become your second Spirit Animal." "Reallyyy?!" "Yes."  "Doesnt that mean we'll have to kill him though?" "No. Because he reached the heavenly Wisdom he has the ability to transcend his body into spirit form and enter a human host. My Spirit Animal is very much alive and also has a physical body i must find in order to gain access to his full power. So if your ancestor deems you worthy which he should you will become his host." "I see. And I'll be part of this special force?" "Yes the Emperor's special Spirit Force. Your power will greatly surpass every normal person participating. Even master Azusa." "Master Azusa." Her eyes went wide with the thought of surpassing the strongest Shark Arts user in the world. "Sounds good. Anything for my country. And a chance to surpass ChouChou. >:)"
    As they left the restaurant Chansu felt a disturbance in the Blood Sense. They were being followed. As they walked Chansu took out the object Master Azusa gave to him. He infused a bit of Leviathan Qi to activate it and it began to give off a different persons Shark Qi. "This Qi will guide you to Master Arashi." Shindo took the stone and flew off. Chansu took Shirayuki's handed and guided her into a busy street. They should be safe for the time being. "Shirayuki stay calm. Were being followed." Chansu whispered. "Ok." They unironically came to an alley like in all works of fiction and were cornered. Two men walked up. One was older with long gray hair, sharp teeth like Master Azusa. The other was around their Age with spiky black hair, sharp teeth a scar under his right, and muscular build. "So your the ones who were following us." The older one "Following? Oh no. We were also headed on this direction." "Hard to believe you were headed to a wall? You do know who i am right? It'd be hard not to. If not allow me to remind you." Chansu concentrated and Akechi's Spirit Animal appeared as he kicked a Fang of Earth. The younger man launchrd a fang of his own blocking it. "Akechi's spirit animal. HOW DARE YOU!!!" The older man shouted. "KILL THEM!!!" "Stay back Shirayuki." Chansu got into a ready stance but before he could realize what happened he flew into the wall, spitting up blood. "CHANSU!!!" Shirayuki fired off Ice Qi Balls at the assailant, but he charged his own Shark Qi and deflected them with his hands like Dragonball Z. He dashed at Shirayuki but Chansu flea at him with a kick. He grabbed Chansu's leg and slammed into the ground. "If you dont use me you'll die." The Leviathan said to Chansu. "I'll be fine. I got have a little suprise for them. He must be at the pinnacle of the 10th Luhan Layer." Chansu stood up guarding Shirayuki. The Assailant dashed with a punch but Chansu was unaffected. His body slowly covering with hammer head Armor, a shark head appeared on each shoulder, and a tail sprouted. "YOU DARE TO TAKE ON MY SON'S FORM." "I knew it. Master Azusa warned me you'd be coming." "Then you shouldv'e heeded my brothers warning." "You know who I am. If I were to die you'd bring your whole clan to ruin. A chicken would not dare kill a baby wolf in defense lest every chicken would be eaten in retaliation. "Dont worry there wont be any witness or evidence pointing to us. Everyone would assume it was the Shadow Force." "Master Azusa know the truth though. He'll handle yourself." "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." The younger one dashed at Chansu with a kick which he blocked but he didnt expect what came after. He was sliced all over his body. He fell to the ground and slow got back up, firing pieces of Hammerhead Armor at the men. The younger one launched a fang obliterating the Armor pieces forcing Chansu to launch an Earth Fang, the two fangs colliding. Chansu dashed as did the assailant. They both kicked, their legs clashing sending Chansu flying backwards. Then a knee flee into his stomach. "You may have gotten full of yourself just because you defeated my brother but I'm not him. Im going to kill you for real." The Hammerhead Shark Armor fell from Chansu's body as it covered with black scaly skin. His face elongated, 2 more sets of eyes appeared and he gained a tail. The assailant wouldn't give him a chance to strike. He dashed but a multitude of tentacles shot out of Chansu wrapping around him. He looked at hi. With Snake pupils and red eyes. "Whos going to Kill who?" He gave an immensely sinister and evil Qi even frightening Shirayuki. The Assailant's Spirit animal appeared screaming in agony As Chansu sucked his Qi out of him. He yanked The Assailant but the older man was faster severing the tentacles with a Fang and retrieving the boy who was severely drained and hurt as a result. More tentacles shot out at him, but he kicked them slicing them then Chansu launched a Dark Energy Fang which the man countered with a Fang of his own. The two fangs collided, pushing each other back. Chansu launching another Fang colliding and pushing his Fang through the man who turned around to protect the boy, Soul Forming in preparation for the full brunt of the Fang. It stroke slicing deep into his back killing him instantly. "One down one to go." Chansu said walking forward. Shirayuki ran up and hugged him from behind. "STOP THATS ENOUGH!!!" "No its not. They could have more allies within their clan who against Master Azusa. More will come after me and eventually him. They must learn now." He rose his Qi a little burning Shirayuki a bit causing her to let go. As he approached the boy who was unconscious he lifted a leg ready to bring it down on him but he was struck in the back of the neck by the almighty silent Neckchop. Which is known to bring down...literally anyone in any series. It was Master Arashi. He caught Chansu in his arms. "Sorry im late." He said to Shirayuki. "Looks like you didnt even need me haha." He looked down at his Aichi "You brought this on yourself." A grouo of more men flew down. "Clean this up, and chain him up. He'll be hysterical upon learning his dad is dead. Report this to Azusa and father. We saw this coming. Aichi has no one to blame but himself. I'll take care of these two." Arashi walked over to Shirayuki. "Are you hurt? Shirayuki Frozen Snow" She shook her head no. "What about your hands? Their burned." Her lifted her hands, and they began to glow white healing the burns. "Frozen Snow Family Ability of course." "Will Chansu be ok. That Qi he gave off, I never felt anything like it." "He'll be fine I'm sure. Now lets get you two back to Azusa.

• Ch23: The Date

Chansu woke up. Today was the day. His date with Shirayuki. He brushed his teeth with his favorite Spiderman toothbrush that played the theme song. He put on his orange DragonBall Z shirt that had the Turtle school logo on the front and back. Then matching orange shorts, with an orange Dragon Ball Z jacket that had the Dragonballs on the sleeves, and Goku's name on the back in a sports jersey style. He topped it off with an orange DBZ hate the the turtle school logo on it, with a blue visor and orange and blue Shoes. He walked out of his room to find Ryobi and Kyo waiting for him as if it were his wedding day. "Now Chansu, despite her being from the Frozen Snow family Shirayuki actually likes spicy food. Thai is her favorite. I suggest you take her to "Ananda". It's a thai restaurant." "She'll totally have your kids if you take her." Kyo teased. "Anyway the train ride is three hours long." "So definitely a good chance to cuddle and feel some boob-" Ryobi elbowed Kyo in the stomach. "haha." Chansu and the two walked outside to the front of the academy where Mirai, Master Azusa and a stunningly beautiful Shirayuki in a sleeveless knee length blue Cheongasm covered with Snowflake patterns. Her normal Red Shrine Priestess hair bow was replaced with a blue one. She had those fancy white elbow glove things you see fancy white women wear in london to opera shows and they hold up those tiny binocular spectacles. "Wow." Chansu said. Shirayuki blushed. "Well you just gonna stare at each other all day?" Chansu took Shirayuki's hand, but she took his whole arm yanking him close to her. "Well then, shall we go.?" Azusa walked over to Chansu and whispered in his ear. "There may be another attempt to "discipline" you for defeating Akechi. If you should run into trouble give this to your bird and send it off. It'll lead him to Master Arashi, my other brother who runs A Shark Arts school in Tokyo. He'll send help." Azusa Gave Chansu a little Great White Shark Pendant. "Thanks." Chansu and Shirayuki walked on.

On the train Shirayuki was fast asleep snuggled against Chansu's arm. He looked down eyeing her cleavage, as he heard Kyo's voice in his head. Kyo appeared on his shoulder dressed like a devil. "Your arm is between her boobs. On to Stage Two-." Ryobi knocked him out Chansu's head. "Thanks Angel Ryobi." "Anytime." As time passed before he knew it they had reached Tokyo. "YOU HAVE NOW REACHED TOKYO. YOU HAVE NOW REACHED TOKYO!!!" The Announcer announced over the Loud Speaker. Shirayuki rubbed her eyes tiredly as she sat up. "You ready?" Chansu asked. "Y-yes." They got off the train and walked. "Anywhere you wanna go first?" "Shinobazu Pond. I hear it's very pretty." "Alright then we'll there first." They called a taxi and rode to Ueno Park. When they got there they walked first to The Lotus pond. A section of Shinobazu Pond that covered in Water Lily. "How prettyyyy." Shirayuki eyes sparkled in amazement. Chansu reached down and plucked a lily from the pond, shook off the water and put it in her hair. She blushed. "Now your ten times more beautiful than this pond." "Thank you." She hugged him, but as she did he stumbled and they fell in the pond. "Ah shit." Shirayuki laughed as Chansu was covered in lilys. "Oh you think I look funny huh." He splashed water at her which she froze with her Qi. "No fair." He helped her up. "This may get a bit cold." Chansu kicked his leg creating up an updraft of wind to dry off their clothes. "Thanks." They walked over the next section of Shinobazu Pond Cormorant Pond, named after the birds that inhabit it.    "Oooo. Look at the birds their so prettyyy." "Want me to catch one for you?" "I dont think thats legal ahaha. Their still part of the Zoo over there." "I know." They continued watching the birds for a bit then went over to the final section of Shinobazu. Boat Pond. Where you can rent a boat and for a romantic sit down on the pond. Shirayuki sat on her legs while Chansu layed his head in jer lap. "Well this was refreshing. So what next?" "Are you hungry?" "YES!!!" Shirayuki replied hungrily drooling. "Haha I know just the place." After about 10 minutes of relaxing they left. Chansu had Shirayuki close her eyes in the taxi. Once they got to Ananda and she opened her eyes, which flew open. "THAI FOOD HOW'D YOU KNOWWWW!!!" She hugged him tight and rushed in. Shirayuki ordered 11 spicy dishes. Pad Prik, Khao Pad Nam Prik Narok, Pa Ka Prao, Tom Yum Kung, Laab, Tom Klong Pla Grab, Tom Laeng,  Gaeng Som, Som Tam, Gaeng Kua Kling, and Gaeng Tai Pla. Chansu just got some chicken. He watched in amazement as Shirayuki scarfed down all the food, meanwhile one bite of his chicken had him breathing fire. "Whats wrong Chansu? Not hungry?" "I...im...fine." He was struggling to breathe and talk with his mouth on fire. 10 minutes later Shirayuki was done and her stomach was big From all the food. Chansu was sweating sticking his head in a bucket of water. "Haaa haaa haaa. I dont know how you csn do it." "Do what?" "Eat all that spicy food." "Oh ahaha it's nothing to a Frozen Snow family member. Ontop of the Qi of the Spirit animal we posses we also have unique Ice Qi. We can use to protect against any matter of heat. Even from food." "Well arent you lucky. Anyway theres something we need to talk about." "O-o-h ok." "The upcoming Royal Demon. We wont be participating." "We wont? Why notm thats a great opportunity to collect demon beast cores for our Cultivation." "Me and you have a different mission." "Mission?" "The emperor has tasked me with creating a second force for the war. Besides Koryu and Yamiryu's generals there are other demon beasts that reached the heavenly wisdom. They have the ability to transcend their bodies into spirit form like my leviathan. We' re to find them and find hosts for them. This'll greatly strengthen our side in the war. So during the royal demon hunt Were going to acquire a second Spirit Animal for you." "A second? Is that possible?" "Maybe. Not with normal Spirit Animals though. You know the Giant Statue in Sapporo." "Yes the Statue of my Family's Ancestral Demon Beast The Frozen Snow Yeti "Ye Qiu" he gained the Heavenly wisdom and started my clan." "Well he's still alive. And He's going to become your second Spirit Animal." "Reallyyy?!" "Yes."  "Doesnt that mean we'll have to kill him though?" "No. Because he reached the heavenly Wisdom he has the ability to transcend his body into spirit form and enter a human host. My Spirit Animal is very much alive and also has a physical body i must find in order to gain access to his full power. So if your ancestor deems you worthy which he should you will become his host." "I see. And I'll be part of this special force?" "Yes the Emperor's special Spirit Force. Your power will greatly surpass every normal person participating. Even master Azusa." "Master Azusa." Her eyes went wide with the thought of surpassing the strongest Shark Arts user in the world. "Sounds good. Anything for my country. And a chance to surpass ChouChou. >:)"
    As they left the restaurant Chansu felt a disturbance in the Blood Sense. They were being followed. As they walked Chansu took out the object Master Azusa gave to him. He infused a bit of Leviathan Qi to activate it and it began to give off a different persons Shark Qi. "This Qi will guide you to Master Arashi." Shindo took the stone and flew off. Chansu took Shirayuki's handed and guided her into a busy street. They should be safe for the time being. "Shirayuki stay calm. Were being followed." Chansu whispered. "Ok." They unironically came to an alley like in all works of fiction and were cornered. Two men walked up. One was older with long gray hair, sharp teeth like Master Azusa. The other was around their Age with spiky black hair, sharp teeth a scar under his right, and muscular build. "So your the ones who were following us." The older one "Following? Oh no. We were also headed on this direction." "Hard to believe you were headed to a wall? You do know who i am right? It'd be hard not to. If not allow me to remind you." Chansu concentrated and Akechi's Spirit Animal appeared as he kicked a Fang of Earth. The younger man launchrd a fang of his own blocking it. "Akechi's spirit animal. HOW DARE YOU!!!" The older man shouted. "KILL THEM!!!" "Stay back Shirayuki." Chansu got into a ready stance but before he could realize what happened he flew into the wall, spitting up blood. "CHANSU!!!" Shirayuki fired off Ice Qi Balls at the assailant, but he charged his own Shark Qi and deflected them with his hands like Dragonball Z. He dashed at Shirayuki but Chansu flea at him with a kick. He grabbed Chansu's leg and slammed into the ground. "If you dont use me you'll die." The Leviathan said to Chansu. "I'll be fine. I got have a little suprise for them. He must be at the pinnacle of the 10th Luhan Layer." Chansu stood up guarding Shirayuki. The Assailant dashed with a punch but Chansu was unaffected. His body slowly covering with hammer head Armor, a shark head appeared on each shoulder, and a tail sprouted. "YOU DARE TO TAKE ON MY SON'S FORM." "I knew it. Master Azusa warned me you'd be coming." "Then you shouldv'e heeded my brothers warning." "You know who I am. If I were to die you'd bring your whole clan to ruin. A chicken would not dare kill a baby wolf in defense lest every chicken would be eaten in retaliation. "Dont worry there wont be any witness or evidence pointing to us. Everyone would assume it was the Shadow Force." "Master Azusa know the truth though. He'll handle yourself." "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." The younger one dashed at Chansu with a kick which he blocked but he didnt expect what came after. He was sliced all over his body. He fell to the ground and slow got back up, firing pieces of Hammerhead Armor at the men. The younger one launched a fang obliterating the Armor pieces forcing Chansu to launch an Earth Fang, the two fangs colliding. Chansu dashed as did the assailant. They both kicked, their legs clashing sending Chansu flying backwards. Then a knee flee into his stomach. "You may have gotten full of yourself just because you defeated my brother but I'm not him. Im going to kill you for real." The Hammerhead Shark Armor fell from Chansu's body as it covered with black scaly skin. His face elongated, 2 more sets of eyes appeared and he gained a tail. The assailant wouldn't give him a chance to strike. He dashed but a multitude of tentacles shot out of Chansu wrapping around him. He looked at hi. With Snake pupils and red eyes. "Whos going to Kill who?" He gave an immensely sinister and evil Qi even frightening Shirayuki. The Assailant's Spirit animal appeared screaming in agony As Chansu sucked his Qi out of him. He yanked The Assailant but the older man was faster severing the tentacles with a Fang and retrieving the boy who was severely drained and hurt as a result. More tentacles shot out at him, but he kicked them slicing them then Chansu launched a Dark Energy Fang which the man countered with a Fang of his own. The two fangs collided, pushing each other back. Chansu launching another Fang colliding and pushing his Fang through the man who turned around to protect the boy, Soul Forming in preparation for the full brunt of the Fang. It stroke slicing deep into his back killing him instantly. "One down one to go." Chansu said walking forward. Shirayuki ran up and hugged him from behind. "STOP THATS ENOUGH!!!" "No its not. They could have more allies within their clan who against Master Azusa. More will come after me and eventually him. They must learn now." He rose his Qi a little burning Shirayuki a bit causing her to let go. As he approached the boy who was unconscious he lifted a leg ready to bring it down on him but he was struck in the back of the neck by the almighty silent Neckchop. Which is known to bring down...literally anyone in any series. It was Master Arashi. He caught Chansu in his arms. "Sorry im late." He said to Shirayuki. "Looks like you didnt even need me haha." He looked down at his Aichi "You brought this on yourself." A grouo of more men flew down. "Clean this up, and chain him up. He'll be hysterical upon learning his dad is dead. Report this to Azusa and father. We saw this coming. Aichi has no one to blame but himself. I'll take care of these two." Arashi walked over to Shirayuki. "Are you hurt? Shirayuki Frozen Snow" She shook her head no. "What about your hands? Their burned." Her lifted her hands, and they began to glow white healing the burns. "Frozen Snow Family Ability of course." "Will Chansu be ok. That Qi he gave off, I never felt anything like it." "He'll be fine I'm sure. Now lets get you two back to Azusa.

• Ch 24: Extinguishing The Flames Of Vengeance

"Azusa your student killed your brother." "The chicken attacked the baby wolf and suffered for it. I'm willing to overlook Aichi's transgression on one condition."  "What would that be." "Bring Akai." Moments later Akai came forward. "Yes Lord patriarch?" "I'm willing to forgive you and your father and spare your mother and sister on one condition." "Whatever it is The Patriarch orders I shall obey." In the blink of a second Azusa kicked across Akai's neck killing him instantly. "AZUSA!!! YOU ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!" The grand elder shouted while the other elders gasped in disgust. "HeheHAHAHA THIS MY CLAN. MY WORD IS LAW. If anyone so much as thinks of harming my student I'll kill you myself. I have favor with the royal family. You all dont. I'll be perfectly fine should the Aotoge Or Scarlet Rose Family decide to bring Retribution to this clan. So I'd think twice before you do anything stupid. I've surpassed all of you a million times over. So your call." Azusa walked out.