Worth reading ?

Hello everyone,

I just finished reading Desolated Era, and I was looking for a new novel to read on WW.
I saw that Martial God Asura was the current top1 most read novel here, so I guess that it should be really good !
But... 3100+ chapters ? Isn't it a bit too much ? Usually, most of the novels I read are becoming less and less interesting as the number of chapter increases. (ISSTH, SA, DE), or sometimes the novel can have a lot of chapters because the writer likes to repeat himself again and again (SOTR).

So, thinking about it, how good is MGA ? No spoilers please.

Thx a lot,

Comments

• Chapters are shorter then most novels.

This started off great, however now its just mundane - whole chapter just to explain the character clicked his fingers...

3100+ chapters is only half way through the story :(
  • edited January 7
    Tiffado said:
    Hello everyone,

I just finished reading Desolated Era, and I was looking for a new novel to read on WW.
    I saw that Martial God Asura was the current top1 most read novel here, so I guess that it should be really good !
    But... 3100+ chapters ? Isn't it a bit too much ? Usually, most of the novels I read are becoming less and less interesting as the number of chapter increases. (ISSTH, SA, DE), or sometimes the novel can have a lot of chapters because the writer likes to repeat himself again and again (SOTR).

So, thinking about it, how good is MGA ? No spoilers please.

Thx a lot,
    So I similar to you, having picked up Desolate Era (when Ren was translating on Patreon and I donated a high tier for early chapters) and was on this one at the same time.

This should explain itself: the translator who took over MGA severely dropped in quality and meeting his promises of chapters after the few couple months, resulting in people calling him out and dropping their subscriptions, which the patreon tracking website you can CLEARLY see when his subscriptions started crashing 2016 and 2017, as he continued to spew excuses for delays and "owing" chapters which he NEVER caught up on (despite the tons of donations he received initially that was FAR FAR more than someone working minimum wage). I just decided to check it out today as, for me, it's been about 1 and 1/2 years since I dropped MGA (figured 1.5 years should leave a good chunk of chapters, which now I have over 1000 to catch up on).

However, content complaints I KNOW I am going to hit, based on complaints on veterans or those reading the chinese novels directly say the content got lazy / slow / and boringly repetitive around the  2000+ chapters.

IMO, you should still check it out, see if it interests you, and if you fall off, you at least enjoy the beginning content.

Typical tropes of new hero who started as someone viewed as useless trash explodes when power is gifted to him and crazy luck is bestowed, using power level and cultivation rank systems etc etc.

I would say DE was far better as a whole and not dragged on. Too bad DE's animation I just checked 2 episodes of last night are rushed and altered severely.