Seikatsu ONLINE by Alennor

2»

Comments

• No problem! I hope you'll continue to read it!
    Well about the stamina system in S.O, as you can see the title, Seikatsu = Life. So what i'm trying to do is to make the realistic enough so it can be considered a "real life". For disabilities person, the stamina system might actually help them. First, when they are in S.O, obviously they can walk, see, and listen. Of course they would not be able to do it properly at first, because they have long gone that 'feeling'. By repetitively using S.O, their condition will be much better in the real life also in S.They have the "opportunity " but they must have the effort to perfecting the "opportunity ". For me it doesn't really make sense if a disabilities person just log in into the game and suddenly be able to walk or anything else. They need theraphy and rehabilations to recover first.V.WC (Virtual World Connector) by getting the the data of our nerves in our body. It doesn't transfer soul. It is completely impossible to recover instantly just by having nerve data. The nerves data that the V.W.C get will transfer it to the Virtual World creating a new him/her as perfect as a new born. This will make the players to become comfortable and be able to feel everything, taste, smell, touch, etc...

Thank you again for your review!
    You're welcome~! ^_^ But well what should I say with your reply... While I do agree it's quite a unique concept but it's unique because they (fiction writers) never wanted to implement such elements. Well you're the author here so I don't mind if you just go with it but let me tell you again with what I thought about it.

First, you dodged the stamina problem by talking about nerves. Stamina has nothing to do with nerves. A game where players are still restricted by their own realities is not an appealing concept. Well this does however make people a little more healthy BUT this also causes people more despair. Ah... another explosive increase in suicide rate in Japan. >_> Do take note: if you're doing a business like this, if a rival VRMMORPG appears, I tell ya, at least half of the players will transfer there.

Second, I don't know much about nerves but *facepalm* stamina system doesn't help people with disabilities. Any VR software can help people with nerve problems and if stamina was a thing to consider using VR therapy, neurotherapist would shake their heads knowing they are dealing with patients clearly not in good health. If they want to restrict their patients by applying "stamina" in their "exercise nerve system program" then go~... giving difficulties to a patient already in difficulty is a pretty sadistic idea indeed.

Third, I'm sure that before S.O. appeared in your story, there are already various uses for Virtual Reality. VR is not just for games, that is specifically why certain therapies can be implemented by the medical researchers themselves when VR is finally realized. If I want to rehabilitate, it will be on the hands of those experts not in S.O. And if I want to enhance my motor functions (or at least the nerves incorporating them) then I can instead play another VRMMORPG (or if there aren't then play other VR RPGs) other than Seikatsu because I, a person who just got out from rehabilitation, clearly have no stamina to run/walk long distance while swinging who knows how heavy a weapon I might be using.

Fourth, like I said before, I don't know much about nerves but I do know people who suffer from having their neural pathways (or was that the term again?) interfered by injuries in the spine. If you say that a person who had been half-paralyzed because of spine injury for 5 years plays S.O., then gets a half-paralyzed body there because it's what the "nerve data" had given the VWC then fine, I have doubts about it but I'll still believe you. BUT if you say that he has a completely healthy body there but is still paralyzed there because that's how it is in real world then that's just wrong. The person only is paralyzed because his lower body can't send signals to the brain caused by the spine injury. If he gets a completely new body then sure he'll feel kinda strange about it coz' it's been years since he felt such feeling, but not to the point he won't be able to walk without therapy. It will just be a minute to an hour adjustment to walk and run normally again. (of course I'm talking about the VR game avatar, people with spine injury can only wait and ask fo surgeries for them to recover)

Fifth, Seikatsu is what you say realistic, which means it adapts with what we call FULL DIVE System. Coz' the topic of "soul" is subjective to each people let's not talk about that, instead let's talk about the FULL DIVE system.

Sixth, I have no idea what "nerve data" is. But if what I understand with your words is correct then read further.

Seventh, the theory of a full dive system is where our sensory neurons (function that made senses possible) are completely immersed in the VR device (immersion) and lets them process the data we get there. Doing that our real body won't even react to whatever we see and feel in the VR world because there is no simulation running course through our body. This in turn makes us believe that our "consciousness/soul" is inside the VR world. The realism talked about people in VR worlds is all about how the virtual body can synchronize with the sensory neurons. If it's 100% then we can smell, taste, touch, see, and hear perfectly the same as in our real world (it might even be better as there are lots of cases where our senses are dulled in real world).

Eighth, promoting a device where it technically reads all of our nerves movement and draw details from it is simply too dangerous. Mind you, a part of our brain has our memories, if it can be read by the device then it's pretty simple to make that kind of device into a brainwashing machine. This is what the researchers in SAO during ALO arc were in the progress of doing. They used the "consciousness" as a result when they are inducing certain signals to the brain through the nervegear, making the brainwashing machine to progress many times faster. But in SAO, they are not reading the data given by the nerves because that's TOOOOOOOO complex. If they were able to do that, then the antagonist in ALO arc would have long made a brainwashing machine and made an army of brainwashed children. And it won't be just him but the whole world would have done it already.

Ninth, S.O. calibrates the physical body using the nerves. That's dangerous like I said but since everything that touches nerves are sensitive and dangerous, I'll drop it. BUT do take note, they are the very first VRMMORPG company. It's pretty flawed to say that they have already developed such technology to THAT (reads nerves) extent while others haven't.

Tenth, S.O. Players gets a whole new body but then the company dropped a bomb... build your stamina in the outside world. This in my opinion is a let down. As you may able to comprehend, VRMMORPG (dunno what year it takes place in your story but) is the dream of most MMORPG players. And they are of various ages. If you tell a kid to build his stamina then he'll complain but once he knows he'll get the attention of the girl she likes then he'll nod obediently. If you tell a teenager to build his stamina then he'll do it without you telling him. If you tell a working adult to build his stamina then he'll do it with a scheduled time since he's very busy and stressed out from work. If you tell an elderly to build his stamina then he'll do light jogging but not for the sake of increasing his stamina, but to slow down the deterioration of his body functions.

Eleventh, a "real life" where their body (game avatar) doesn't increase stamina by their achievements in that world (Seikatsu Online) is unrealistic. It's like saying "You died with poor health and got reincarnated and have a second life BUT your constitution is as weak as ever because of your previous life." It's like you are putting the concept of KARMA in modern technology.

Twelfth, not all disability stems from nerve problems. It's just one of the many things. AND I forgot to add this last time but people with health problems will have weak stamina and they will not be able to enjoy a game with "stamina" system. While some are fine with this, some are also not. If you eliminate "stamina" system then the both of them will not have any disagreement anymore causing more profit and benefits for both sides.

Basically what I'm telling is a VRMMORPG where a player is tied down by Reality is limiting your possible players which is totally unprofitable, and really I can't even start to imagine how MUCH money you have to invest in such a game only to make it as some unprofitable, life-saving MMORPG. And if you're doing business then you'll do it for a wider range of customers. Now if you use the "stamina" system then okay I'll nod my head and quietly read your story. But logically speaking, that game is nonprofitable. Because you've set a limit yourself. But still it's fiction~ so whatever you decide I'll just follow. And I'm sure I'm not even 80% correct so if you can give me a logical response to my questions then I'll be much more relieved.

So those are my thoughts to your system~... ^_^
    My god, i need a little bit of time to digest this....but this is awesome, there is a lot of fault in my world.
    Thank you! I think i'll to fix something there. Actually, i compile all your review into a doc, it totally help me a lot. Hope you'll be giving me more!

Chapter 12 released!
  • edited November 2015
    My god, i need a little bit of time to digest this....but this is awesome, there is a lot of fault in my world.
    Thank you! I think i'll to fix something there. Actually, i compile all your review into a doc, it totally help me a lot. Hope you'll be giving me more!

Chapter 12 released!
    No problem~... Is this story something you alone do? Or is there a certain group of friends you are doing it with? If you have a group of friends to depend on then let them help you on building the systems of the game like the classes, maps, possible events, etc and compile them so you won't forget it. One of the most important thing to do in a story is the progress of other characters. They are not just the characters in the main character's side but also the antagonists, some important side characters in certain events or quests, rivals, etc. BUT that is a pretty stressful job so you can ignore it. THOUGH it helps people think that "the story is not revolving around the MC".

And yeah, I've read up to chapter 11! I will read Chapter 12 after an hour or so. And thanks for the chapter btw~! ^_^

Oh yeah, I think my NINTH reason above was lacking some words so here is the complete thing.

"Ninth, S.O. calibrates the physical body using the nerves. That's dangerous like I said but since everything that touches nerves are sensitive and dangerous, I'll drop it. BUT do take note, they are the very first VRMMORPG company to have created a VRMMORPG. It's pretty flawed to say that they have already developed such technology to THAT (reads nerves) extent while others haven't even developed the most basic FULL DIVE VRMMORPG."
  • hello there alennor, suggestion and reminder,

could you put the actual content of every chapter that you wish to post, here? instead just the link for it? I understand that you have your own site and all, but I think one of the rule to post your story in the forum, is to post the actual contents, not just the link.
    forum.wuxiaworld.com/discussion/5/original-stories-rules-possibility-for-promotion/p1
    Life is a series of choices that makes who you are today and thread your path ahead.

~~Branzel~~
  • *sips some tea peacefully after reading chapter 12*

Alennor... Is Seikatsu Online free-to-play? ^_^