a theory about ED ending

After recently catching up with the MTLs of ED, i'm starting to suspect a few things about what direction the author is trying to take ED after the recent incident(mortal again..).
So here's the thing, The author have always tried his best to inform us that 13 palace had never before appeared before in history. But at the same time Li Qiye don't actually know many things of the past after a certain point of time. For example , Li Qiye don't yet know the origin of OTH and how he came to be.
My theory comes from this corner. We have already seen the peak existences of the Omniverse , False Immortals, all possesses 12 fate palaces. Which means, to become a True Immortal, one needs something BESIDES 12 fate palaces. And that something is an Extra fate palace, including 13 in total. Now of we're going to consider OTH and "that person" having 13 fate palace, it also in a way means , Li Qiye will never be able to surpass them with JUST 13 palace . He needs something more, not just an item, but something that becomes a part of his existence. 
In the recent chapters we see Li Qiye losing all his cultivation base including 13 palaces. So perhaps , the author is providing Li Qiye enough plot guidance to actually for once cultivate differently from the previous 3 times and establish a cultivation base that surpasses that of a mere 13 Fate palace, something which will truly reach the Apex. who knows, maybe this time , his grand Dao will originate from Mortal Dao , sice he already mentioned at the beginning of the novel, that only Mortal features(physique, fate palace, and others) can be transformed into any advanced tier , but this transformation is not possible with saint or immortal features. So maybe Li Qiye being a Mortal is the sole reason for him to reach the true apex,  instead of using items and weapons as Last resorts.

Now as for story perspective, I think sometime ago a totally ridiculous theory came to my mind. 
What if Li Qiye is actually the true antagonist of the whole story. For reference, why did OTH or "that person" never appeared even though Li Qiye busted the entire Omniverse? What if Li Qiye is just a Persona of OTH , who has reached the end point of his cultivation and is using a separate clone-like entity(the mortal shepherd trying to reach the apex) to create a cultivation base that surpasses his current "13" fate palace?
In that sense, Jiao Hen would be the true protagonist of the story , who went on a journey to defeat the last boss, while the last boss is sitting on the throne waiting for Li Qiye to reach the apex and return to OTH and become a one whole being ? no? ....well take that with a few grains of salt lol .

Leave your thoughts lmao

Comments

• Inspiring nonetheless but i have never seen or heard of any wuxia like that. Maybe it is true but i think it is so much simple than that
  • Inspiring nonetheless but i have never seen or heard of any wuxia like that. Maybe it is true but i think it is so much simple than that
    yeah i also haven't read any wuxia like that . But with the amount of chapters ED has, it has a solid base that is enough to make a unique turn by the end of the story. besides, a normal ending is pretty boring for someone like Li Qiye
  • A bit like meng hao’s reincarnations. 
  • Will it even end?
    I've read somewhere that at a point the story's plot is somewhat similar to the beginning of the novel (he is somewhere powerless again and must climb back to power and it seems that it happens quite frequently at that).
  • Well ED is already pretty unique its sense of writing, everything has been pretty ambiguous from the beginning from its cultivation system to its plot evrything is hidden in a veil of ambiguity and mysteriousness  which makes the story pretty alluring for me, but also rage inducing at the same time. I like your theory about the story but JH being the protag is no good, if LQ really merges with OTH the story will be pretty meaningless, him fighting to the end seems more like it, but merging will ruin the story which is why i dont think JH is the protag.
  • Well ED is already pretty unique its sense of writing, everything has been pretty ambiguous from the beginning from its cultivation system to its plot evrything is hidden in a veil of ambiguity and mysteriousness  which makes the story pretty alluring for me, but also rage inducing at the same time. I like your theory about the story but JH being the protag is no good, if LQ really merges with OTH the story will be pretty meaningless, him fighting to the end seems more like it, but merging will ruin the story which is why i dont think JH is the protag.
    by "merging with OTH" i was just generalizing the story. What i mean is, following this theory , JH might be the current "hero" of the story. And as you have mentioned about LQ's personality , its highly doubtful he would even abide by the steps someone else has puut down before him, so OTH's plan will mostly fail, the moment LQ finds out about it
  • I recently saw a potential spoiler from the author, he says the the dark giant that is comparable to OTH might be selected from Xiao Long's father, JH,Qing Mu, some obscure dark giant, or even Dark Crow's descendant that came from the future(this one's possibility is pretty low tho but it would be pretty cool tho).
  • I recently saw a potential spoiler from the author, he says the the dark giant that is comparable to OTH might be selected from Xiao Long's father, JH,Qing Mu, some obscure dark giant, or even Dark Crow's descendant that came from the future(this one's possibility is pretty low tho but it would be pretty cool tho).
    who is xiao long again?? she's the cloth right?

I am not the messiah who will save the useless. Go look for him elsewhere. 
    Bae Doochi
    who is xiao long again?? she's the cloth right?

Yeah the cloth girl.