Prequel to Tales of Demons & Gods

2»

Comments

• Ok i just finished reading the prequel and i'm a bit shocked. This prequel doesn't even take place in the world Nie lie is in or even the sage emperor for that matter and it takes millions of years before Nie lie was even born. People had be believed that this story takes place right before the fall but that's completely wrong. It doesn't even take place in Nie lie's world. The most shocking thing was by the end the main character achieved immorality (which is way way easier then Nie lie's world) and had a special item the let him do some amazing stuff. It's not as special as the book Nie lie has but it's up there. By the end when the main character was looking millions of light years away in space he saw the fucking book floating around and that blew my mind because that's a concrete connection to the squeal. The reason it blew my mind was during the whole time i was reading the story i was trying to find connections to the new one. The only thing i found connection with was the word inscription pattern which is a power in Nie lie's world but other then that nothing was the same even the power rankings. When the main character saw the book he tried to use his special item to bring to book to him (it can do that which is impressive since the book is millions or trillions of light years away) but when he tried to do that 1/10 of his weapons power got sucked in into the book. After that the book flew away at a astonishing speed and after that you see a couple of people appearing where the book was and then they continue the chase it. So the MC decided to go to space to get the book but before he did that he left some clones on his original planet to take care of things. The reason i'm explaining this is because if any of you is caught up with the raws they explain how the book got scattered into bits. For those who don't know supposedly the sage emperor and his pals was training or wandering in some place (i think space) and they found a man almost dead with the book. The mas asked for help in return he will gave them something but instead of helping him they decide to kill him and steal the book but before they can finish the job the man ripped to book and scatter it's content. By dong this his killers can't get the book, The thing that is worth noting is that even tho the man is half dead the sage emperor and pals had trouble killing him a testament to his strength. With this explanation we know now that there are people way stronger then the sage emperor which is important because now we have a story to expand to when or if Nie lie kills the sage emperor. The reason i'm mentioning this piece of story is because i think this man was possibly the main character of the previous story. He want to space and found the book fight some people and nearly died, escaped only to later be killed by the sage emperor and palls. The awesome thing is i think that he actually isn't dead. There is a possibility that it's actually only a part of him that was killed (Clone). Maybe after Nie lie finds all of the scatter pieces of the book or just go to space they have a chance the meet each other. Or maybe he was actually killed at that moment but his soul entered the book and now that the books is scattered his soul is too. Once he collects all of the pieces he can reactive him. The other thing i'm thinking about is when Nie lie got transferred into the book he found a lot of books about inscription patterns which perhaps can be a crystallization of the knowledge of the item the other MC from the prequel had (The item he had let him deduce any kind of inscription patterns and also had a lot of information about other inscription pattern). This occurring can also be a connection between the two stories but anyway enough rambling this prequel actually increased my interested in this world's universe very much and can't wait to see what happens because i know the sage emperor is actually weak and the MC will be beat him and release the seal. The thing i'm excited about is what happens after that.
  • edited January 2016
    Sworddust said:

Ok i just finished reading the prequel and i'm a bit shocked. This prequel doesn't even take place in the world Nie lie is in or even the sage emperor for that matter and it takes millions of years before Nie lie was even born. People had be believed that this story takes place right before the fall but that's completely wrong. It doesn't even take place in Nie lie's world. The most shocking thing was by the end the main character achieved immorality (which is way way easier then Nie lie's world) and had a special item the let him do some amazing stuff. It's not as special as the book Nie lie has but it's up there. By the end when the main character was looking millions of light years away in space he saw the fucking book floating around and that blew my mind because that's a concrete connection to the squeal. The reason it blew my mind was during the whole time i was reading the story i was trying to find connections to the new one. The only thing i found connection with was the word inscription pattern which is a power in Nie lie's world but other then that nothing was the same even the power rankings. When the main character saw the book he tried to use his special item to bring to book to him (it can do that which is impressive since the book is millions or trillions of light years away) but when he tried to do that 1/10 of his weapons power got sucked in into the book. After that the book flew away at a astonishing speed and after that you see a couple of people appearing where the book was and then they continue the chase it. So the MC decided to go to space to get the book but before he did that he left some clones on his original planet to take care of things. The reason i'm explaining this is because if any of you is caught up with the raws they explain how the book got scattered into bits. For those who don't know supposedly the sage emperor and his pals was training or wandering in some place (i think space) and they found a man almost dead with the book. The mas asked for help in return he will gave them something but instead of helping him they decide to kill him and steal the book but before they can finish the job the man ripped to book and scatter it's content. By dong this his killers can't get the book, The thing that is worth noting is that even tho the man is half dead the sage emperor and pals had trouble killing him a testament to his strength. With this explanation we know now that there are people way stronger then the sage emperor which is important because now we have a story to expand to when or if Nie lie kills the sage emperor. The reason i'm mentioning this piece of story is because i think this man was possibly the main character of the previous story. He want to space and found the book fight some people and nearly died, escaped only to later be killed by the sage emperor and palls. The awesome thing is i think that he actually isn't dead. There is a possibility that it's actually only a part of him that was killed (Clone). Maybe after Nie lie finds all of the scatter pieces of the book or just go to space they have a chance the meet each other. Or maybe he was actually killed at that moment but his soul entered the book and now that the books is scattered his soul is too. Once he collects all of the pieces he can reactive him. The other thing i'm thinking about is when Nie lie got transferred into the book he found a lot of books about inscription patterns which perhaps can be a crystallization of the knowledge of the item the other MC from the prequel had (The item he had let him deduce any kind of inscription patterns and also had a lot of information about other inscription pattern). This occurring can also be a connection between the two stories but anyway enough rambling this prequel actually increased my interested in this world's universe very much and can't wait to see what happens because i know the sage emperor is actually weak and the MC will be beat him and release the seal. The thing i'm excited about is what happens after that.

Interestingly, how did you know it doesnt take place in NL's world? Was it obvious or stated? So it took place on another planet or in the Main continent?

And there are so many loose ends and unanswered stuff in Swd.

Your theory seems quite plausible, but I pity the Shen wen dao fans who are still waiting for Swd to connect to Tdg :P
    古月方源 - “当困境来临时,要把心交给希望。”
  • Sworddust said:

Ok i just finished reading the prequel and i'm a bit shocked. This prequel doesn't even take place in the world Nie lie is in or even the sage emperor for that matter and it takes millions of years before Nie lie was even born. People had be believed that this story takes place right before the fall but that's completely wrong. It doesn't even take place in Nie lie's world. The most shocking thing was by the end the main character achieved immorality (which is way way easier then Nie lie's world) and had a special item the let him do some amazing stuff. It's not as special as the book Nie lie has but it's up there. By the end when the main character was looking millions of light years away in space he saw the fucking book floating around and that blew my mind because that's a concrete connection to the squeal. The reason it blew my mind was during the whole time i was reading the story i was trying to find connections to the new one. The only thing i found connection with was the word inscription pattern which is a power in Nie lie's world but other then that nothing was the same even the power rankings. When the main character saw the book he tried to use his special item to bring to book to him (it can do that which is impressive since the book is millions or trillions of light years away) but when he tried to do that 1/10 of his weapons power got sucked in into the book. After that the book flew away at a astonishing speed and after that you see a couple of people appearing where the book was and then they continue the chase it. So the MC decided to go to space to get the book but before he did that he left some clones on his original planet to take care of things. The reason i'm explaining this is because if any of you is caught up with the raws they explain how the book got scattered into bits. For those who don't know supposedly the sage emperor and his pals was training or wandering in some place (i think space) and they found a man almost dead with the book. The mas asked for help in return he will gave them something but instead of helping him they decide to kill him and steal the book but before they can finish the job the man ripped to book and scatter it's content. By dong this his killers can't get the book, The thing that is worth noting is that even tho the man is half dead the sage emperor and pals had trouble killing him a testament to his strength. With this explanation we know now that there are people way stronger then the sage emperor which is important because now we have a story to expand to when or if Nie lie kills the sage emperor. The reason i'm mentioning this piece of story is because i think this man was possibly the main character of the previous story. He want to space and found the book fight some people and nearly died, escaped only to later be killed by the sage emperor and palls. The awesome thing is i think that he actually isn't dead. There is a possibility that it's actually only a part of him that was killed (Clone). Maybe after Nie lie finds all of the scatter pieces of the book or just go to space they have a chance the meet each other. Or maybe he was actually killed at that moment but his soul entered the book and now that the books is scattered his soul is too. Once he collects all of the pieces he can reactive him. The other thing i'm thinking about is when Nie lie got transferred into the book he found a lot of books about inscription patterns which perhaps can be a crystallization of the knowledge of the item the other MC from the prequel had (The item he had let him deduce any kind of inscription patterns and also had a lot of information about other inscription pattern). This occurring can also be a connection between the two stories but anyway enough rambling this prequel actually increased my interested in this world's universe very much and can't wait to see what happens because i know the sage emperor is actually weak and the MC will be beat him and release the seal. The thing i'm excited about is what happens after that.

Interestingly, how did you know it doesnt take place in NL's world? Was it obvious or stated? So it took place on another planet or in the Main continent?

And there are so many loose ends and unanswered stuff in Swd.

Your theory seems quite plausible, but I pity the Shen wen dao fans who are still waiting for Swd to connect to Tdg :P
    There is a couple of things going on which led me to believe it isn't the same world even the dragon border, what i mean is not the same world (potential surface). 
    1. The power rankings, I think power rankings is a indication of your practice path and what they are practicing is completely different from what in Nie lie world practice.
    2. The first thing i noted was the beasts in this world almost all of them had intelligence which is weird if you considered the things happening in Nie lie's home place. Do you remember the story that Nie lie explained on how the fall happen. A beast that surpassed the legend rank and had WISDOM controlled all of the other beast to attack the human territories. In Nie lie's home land it is imply that a lot of beasts don't have intelligence on the some of them developed it but in the the world of the prequel almost all of the beasts had intelligence, they could even have conversations with humans even the really weak ones.
    3. The power of Space and time in Nie lie's world is heavily controlled by the sage emperor, that's why the concept of power that could decrease or increase time or creating space (especially time) compare to he relative world is just never seen but in Shen wen dao's world there is a place where you can go where time is accelerated by 10 times compare to the outside world, which can be a indication that this world is not dominated by the sage emperor.

Now everyone of these can be refuted by a single fact i gave and that is this story takes millions of years before Nie lie's time line. Thus each and everyone one of the facts i stated could change with the passage of time but there is on crucial thing that i have to point out is that the fact that Shen wen dao world existed before the sage emperor came. Let me explain in the raws of tales of demons and gods it is stated that the dragon border is like the main world that is heavily controlled by the sage emperor and all of the side worlds created was in order to hide treasures that could one day help defeat the sage emperor thus all of the side worlds (including Nie lie's) was created after the sage emperor became a huge problem. Remember what i said when Shen wen dao's story line takes like millions and millions of years before Nie lie's timeline, it was way before the events that happen in dragon border with the sage emperor so it wouldn't make sense that the mainland that Nie lie was born was the same mainland that Shen wen dao was born in. You can make the case that the mainland that Shen wen dao was born is actually now dragon border which can actually tie up some doubts i'm having. The doubt i'm having is why all of the remnant pages flew towards Nie lie's world (by world i even mean the dragon border) and not some other places.

A. one of the possibilities is like what i said, dragon border (which is not the same name of the world that where Shen wen dao was born btw) is actually where Shen wen dao originated from and after the man (presume to be Shen wen dao) tears the book into pieces, threw the pages to his mainland and the sage emperor and pals followed which brought disaster to his mainland. What  that means is that the sage emperor and pals are invaders to this world (i don't remember exactly but it was stated that before all of this is that the sage emperor and pals where training in the void (don't remember exactly) which can mean space). This can even explain the change in power rankings in Shen wen dao's world. The sage emperor and pals decided to change the practice path of the natives so they can have a easier time controlling the people and don't let them surpass them which is why it's hard to gain immortality in Nie lie's world and is 100% easier in Shen wen dao's world, hell at the fucking age of 23 he became immortal xP.

B.It's much more simple the place they found the man with the book was close to their world so after tearing the pages into pieces it flew into their world.
  • ... Got a Tl;dr? I am confused and barely understand what you are saying D:

From what I am reading from you, Ye Wei is from a different world, presumably dragon border world millions of years ago.

From what I think I understand, my opinion is that the mainland Ye wei is from is dragon border world in the past. They might be learning the same thing but under a different naming system but since back then there was no Sage Emperor they had control over time and space so things could be faster/slower.

The beasts in Dragon border world also have intelligence.

Why Nie Li found the Temporal book in Xiao ling long world and the Kong Ming tomb is a mystery still..

And the fact his ancestors were passing down a page. It is stated his family is the oldest family line in glory city tho.
    古月方源 - “当困境来临时,要把心交给希望。”
  • edited January 2016
    Didnt the goddess say their were like 72 different realms that existed, couldn't he just be from one of the realms, like maybe their is a higher realm that no one knows how to access cause sage emperor sealed it because if I remember first chapter their was a mountain that was essentially just a giant rune that is where all the soul techniques originally originated
  • Also Dragon Ruins Kingdom is macrocosmos to borrow the mtl term to the Sage Emperor much like how Exquisite World is macrocosmos to the Dragon Ruins Kingdom.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• ... Got a Tl;dr? I am confused and barely understand what you are saying D:

From what I am reading from you, Ye Wei is from a different world, presumably dragon border world millions of years ago.

From what I think I understand, my opinion is that the mainland Ye wei is from is dragon border world in the past. They might be learning the same thing but under a different naming system but since back then there was no Sage Emperor they had control over time and space so things could be faster/slower.

The beasts in Dragon border world also have intelligence.

Why Nie Li found the Temporal book in Xiao ling long world and the Kong Ming tomb is a mystery still..

And the fact his ancestors were passing down a page. It is stated his family is the oldest family line in glory city tho.

The thing is they were not learning the same thing Nie lie's cultivation relay on the soul for advancement while Ye Wei doesn't, it relay on energy like Chi or something. The on thing in common about there practices is they both use the power of the sun to basically gather energy. Nie lie uses the sun to transform the soul while Ye Wei uses the sun to store power in the dantei (or whatever you call it) 
  • Gaurie said:

Didnt the goddess say their were like 72 different realms that existed, couldn't he just be from one of the realms, like maybe their is a higher realm that no one knows how to access cause sage emperor sealed it because if I remember first chapter their was a mountain that was essentially just a giant rune that is where all the soul techniques originally originated

Yeah but those realms are basically just 1 world. Like the guy below said those realms are Exquisite world while dragon border is the main one where all of these Exquisite realms where created. By the end of the prequel you come to find out that there are thousands or even millions of world smaller or bigger than the dragon border and of all these world there are 3 that reign supreme in the universe. Those guys from those world are way way stronger then the sage emperor. In Ye Wei's world there was an event where the people from one of the 3 supreme worlds came to look for a treasure which was lost and thought to be in Ye Wei's world (Ye Wei had the treasure but he didn't know until the last chapter). Those guys came with a regiment of ONE MILLION IMMORTALS to look for the treasure. From that line already you can guess how terrifying that world is because in Nie lie's world only the sage emperor and a couple of others where truly immortals (also Nie lie but he died xP).  
  • Does anyone know if the former childhood friend of the MC Joy Yin appears more? Does she regret abandoning him because of his lesser talent? Any details regarding what happens to them would be appreciated, hoping he returns her words back at her face that dragon's shouldn't associate with snakes. That bitch pissed me off :c
  • What happens to the Du and the Ye family? Does the MC take revenge?
  • Sworddust said:
    ... Got a Tl;dr? I am confused and barely understand what you are saying D: From what I am reading from you, Ye Wei is from a different world, presumably dragon border world millions of years ago. From what I think I understand, my opinion is that the mainland Ye wei is from is dragon border world in the past. They might be learning the same thing but under a different naming system but since back then there was no Sage Emperor they had control over time and space so things could be faster/slower. The beasts in Dragon border world also have intelligence. Why Nie Li found the Temporal book in Xiao ling long world and the Kong Ming tomb is a mystery still.. And the fact his ancestors were passing down a page. It is stated his family is the oldest family line in glory city tho.
    The thing is they were not learning the same thing Nie lie's cultivation relay on the soul for advancement while Ye Wei doesn't, it relay on energy like Chi or something. The on thing in common about there practices is they both use the power of the sun to basically gather energy. Nie lie uses the sun to transform the soul while Ye Wei uses the sun to store power in the dantei (or whatever you call it) 

• Oh just a guess but I think he is one who was mentioned by nei lei initially,a guy who created  divine sparks during yu yan time using inscription pattern,she said divine sparks rained rained 10000 years ago resulted in sprititual world,so I think ye We

• Pratik said:
    Oh just a guess but I think he is one who was mentioned by nei lei initially,a guy who created  divine sparks during yu yan time using inscription pattern,she said divine sparks rained rained 10000 years ago resulted in sprititual world,so I think ye We

• He is the inscriptionist who created divine sparks and for same reason neilei got best understanding abt it and reason might be to protect book from sage emperor
  • espero que puedan entender! yo pienso que son el mismo universo pero son planos diferentes! alguno ha leído " coiling dragon o the great ruler"? puede ser la misma teoría que en estas novelas, también hay una parte donde un mayor le dice a ye wei que viene de otro mundo/lugar diferente donde cualquiera de ese lugar era mas fuerte que el, en tdg nei lie se encuentra con un mayor que le explica que ellos estaban luchando contra el emperador sabio cuando descendió un experto y tuvieron que luchar juntos para poder derrotarlo hay es cuando se dividen las hojas que le faltan al libro pero nunca mencionaron que paso con el libro, el libro se encontraba en el continente divino " continente hecho por un super experto" el cual fue sellado pienso que ese espero puede ser ye wei ya que en alguna parte dicen que ye ziyun comparte con físico especial tal cual ye wei!