Prequel to Tales of Demons & Gods

If anyone interested: http://www.xingzhanfengbao.net/shenwendao  ;
The same author wrote it last year.
It has 667 chapters and he wrote it all in less than 1 year.At the last chapter, he said it is the prequel to Tales of demons & gods so yea: 算是妖神记的一个前传,后面的故事,请大家继续关注蜗牛新书《妖神记》。

Comments

• So this book leads up to the world being in its current shape? Where mankind has been pushed back to this "last" bastion.

If so I really hope someone picks it up. Would be interesting to see what all happens. Not to mention I wonder if current MC's arch enemy that he died to once is the "hero" of that book?
  • Is this legit and not fan fiction? Seems weird no ones mentioned it before
  • English title?
  • BUMP! why no one care about the prequel?
  • wes174 said:

BUMP! why no one care about the prequel?

Because it isn't needed to read it to understand Tales of Demons & Gods
  • the prequel from the things read here (in the spoiler forums somewhere) seems to just contain the fall. nothing big or important and overall not a priority in the stories we all want translated.
  • English title: God Track
  • Is this really a prequel written by the same author or is this a completely different story? And is it written by Mad Snail?

• does it have nie li at all? even if just at the end? can i get some spoilers or a small summery?
  • even though i havent read it, it is likely to be a prequel in name only.
    meaning a completely different story in the same universe (meaning same ranks, laws, powers that kind of thing)
  • I didn't read it completely, just glanced through a few chapters and looked at the ending.

There is no Nie Li, the MC of Shen Wen Dao is still a mystery in TDG but from what I saw from the ending (really abrupt ending) there will most likely be a link between the two stories eventually.
    Another forum user has also told me the author plans to link the two stories together.

There are a few theories on who the MC of SWD might be in TDG atm.
    古月方源 - “当困境来临时,要把心交给希望。”
  • Guys, the main character is Ye Wei, who is probably Ye Ziyun's ancestor. Also, the heroine is very similar to Ye Ziyun, so you can guess what happened.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • Guys, the main character is Ye Wei, who is probably Ye Ziyun's ancestor. Also, the heroine is very similar to Ye Ziyun, so you can guess what happened.

They have the same Ye (leaf) but I'm not sure why no one thinks that Ye Wei is the Ye family ancestor on forums.

Have you read the full SWD?

I'm told heroine? got pregnant and then ditched by MC.

古月方源 - “当困境来临时,要把心交给希望。”

They have the same Ye (leaf) but I'm not sure why no one thinks that Ye Wei is the Ye family ancestor on forums.

I think you're thinking about Ye Yan.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • Ah, found it.

因为有些原因,神纹道选择在这个时间节点完结,不过神纹道里面叶维的故事,还是会继续下去。就像练级专家和贼胆一样,叶维的故事会在妖神记里面延续。我想这对神纹道来说,应该是一个相对满意的交代了。

Author basically says he will continue the story of Ye Wei in the sequel, TDG.
    While there is still no mention of Ye Wei in TDG so far, or no clue to who he is. So I'm not sure if SWD is important or not to be read before TDG.

Guys, the main character is Ye Wei, who is probably Ye Ziyun's ancestor. Also, the heroine is very similar to Ye Ziyun, so you can guess what happened.

Ah I meant the point where you said that Ye Wei is probably Ye Ziyun's ancestor. 
    While both Ye share the same word, no one has ever theorised that Ye Wei is Ye Ziyun's ancestor on the Chinese forums.
    古月方源 - “当困境来临时,要把心交给希望。”
  • I haven't read a single bit of the prequel but maybe this Ye Wei person is one of the teachers who Nie Li and his group joined
  • It is possible.
    古月方源 - “当困境来临时,要把心交给希望。”
  • i feel like i should have read this first.....
  • Ah, found it.

因为有些原因,神纹道选择在这个时间节点完结,不过神纹道里面叶维的故事,还是会继续下去。就像练级专家和贼胆一样,叶维的故事会在妖神记里面延续。我想这对神纹道来说,应该是一个相对满意的交代了。

Author basically says he will continue the story of Ye Wei in the sequel, TDG.
    While there is still no mention of Ye Wei in TDG so far, or no clue to who he is. So I'm not sure if SWD is important or not to be read before TDG.

Guys, the main character is Ye Wei, who is probably Ye Ziyun's ancestor. Also, the heroine is very similar to Ye Ziyun, so you can guess what happened.

Ah I meant the point where you said that Ye Wei is probably Ye Ziyun's ancestor. 
    While both Ye share the same word, no one has ever theorised that Ye Wei is Ye Ziyun's ancestor on the Chinese forums.

But Lin Zi Yan seems to be exactly like Ye Ziyun.
  • Maybe the author likes writing these kind of women :P
    古月方源 - “当困境来临时,要把心交给希望。”

That is a possibility. However, if you read it, she seems to be way too similar and this is a prequel. So I'm gonna believe that the author is smart and this is not a coincidence.

Just thought of something. Is there a possibility that Ye Wei could be the Sage Emperor. I have not read the prequel completely yet, so I don't know.

That is a possibility. However, if you read it, she seems to be way too similar and this is a prequel. So I'm gonna believe that the author is smart and this is not a coincidence.

Just thought of something. Is there a possibility that Ye Wei could be the Sage Emperor. I have not read the prequel completely yet, so I don't know.
    Ah I see.... Well I only skimmed through it and took at look at the last chapter, but I have heard about how the MC was an ass to this girl he impregnated, which I guessed is the heroine..

That is one of the theories about Ye Wei, which I also think so too after looking at the last chapter.

The current theories I have seen so far:
    Ye Wei is the - Sage Emperor / Crazy old mysterious man in the glory city secret dimension / Xiao Yu's dad / The past life of Nie Li (Before he became Nie Li, not the one where he lived for centuries and fought the Sage Emperor) / one of the people around Xiao Yu's foster father / your theory.

I am personally behind the Sage Emperor theory, but Sage Emperor is hinted to be of demon beast lineage. Ye Wei and Nie Li also share the same red soul or whatever that is. 

It would be really cool if Ye Wei was SE though.
    古月方源 - “当困境来临时,要把心交给希望。”
  • Ye Wei could be the mysterious expert from Exquisite World that the elder from the Feather god sect mentioned once he knew where Nie Li was from.

今晚想跟我上床吗?

• Ye Wei could be the mysterious expert from Exquisite World that the elder from the Feather god sect mentioned once he knew where Nie Li was from.

Oooh.

I had a feeling that guy was Kong Ming tho.

Xiao Yu also had a mysterious teacher right? From Xiao Ling Long world.
    古月方源 - “当困境来临时,要把心交给希望。”
  • It's also possible that he could have some relation to Kong Ming. However, that depends on the era they are in. If it is the old man, then he has to be in the next era. If he is in that era when Kong Ming is alive, then he might know him.
  • Well since I have no idea since I haven't read it, didn't someone say it takes place during the fall of the world before the dark ages started which from what we know would actually be around the time of Kong Ming
  • edited January 2016
    Well I just read the first 2 chapters and being the time isn't known from just that, could the Xiao Qi be the father of Xiao Yu which if he is that would change the whole time line estimate
  • Gaurie said:

Well I just read the first 2 chapters and being the time isn't known from just that, could the Xiao Qi be the father of Xiao Yu which if he is that would change the whole time line estimate

Nah! He probably is just one of those arrogant characters like the Sacred Family's young masters that become stepping stones. Also, the surname "Xiao" is very common in Chinese novels.