Does Ning manage to survive (...)

... the failed Daomerge? I just need to know that or I won't be able to keep taking pleasure from reading the new chapters on WW... so please, just tell me this one thing. Yes/no, without any details. I only want to know this much.
If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!

Comments

• Caladbolg said:
    ... the dailed Daomerge? I just need to know that or I won't be able to keep taking pleasure from reading the new chapters on WW... so please, just tell me this one thing. Yes/no, without any details. I only want to know this much.
    I mean, he's the MC in a xianxia novel, it's pretty much guaranteed. So yes.
  • Knowing IET, I wouldn't have been surprised if he let Ning die at the very end of the story in one way or another, so I needed to know. Thanks~
    If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!
  • Nah, there is no such twist. There are some close calls during the story, but ultimately, he lives and keeps on MCing.
  • Caladbolg said:
    Knowing IET, I wouldn't have been surprised if he let Ning die at the very end of the story in one way or another, so I needed to know. Thanks~
    Main body fails daomerge, but he gains significant insight so his power spikes. He makes preparations to continue improving in the dao despite his truesoul fading. He visits various wonders of the chaosverse with family, along with making preparations for protection of the Three Realms, continuing to improve his power along the way. High figures come to try to pursuade Ning to force his Chaos Beast to serve them because he's dying (they fail and the aggressive Lonely King he destroyes with a single normal sword slash w/ his karma techniques to one-hit-kill all of his essence). He makes notions to seek out Nuwa so he can hand everything off to her to protect the 3 realms. He offers a reward of any favor to anyone who can find information on her location, eventually succeeding and traveling to a far off universe. The actions there including dealing with a powerful Source Walker result in him mastering the Water Dao and infusing it into his Omega Sword Dao. Due to scaring off the Sourcewalker, he ends up attracting the 8 top figures of that region who are actually trying to tell him the Autarchs want to be notified of genius' like him. So he ends up having 5 of the 6 autarchs all come together to meet Ji Ning, having gained their favor and learning deeper details of the sithe, including how they are "autarchs" of a separate chaosverse which is why they are not at full power in this chaosverse, but are trying to take control of it. Furthermore, they only managed to beatback and seal the sith miniverse the sith setup, which the 6th Autarch is forever guarding. Thus the Sithe are still a currently dormant threat, so they tell Ning they knew of the Omega type Daos, but hid the knowledge with how no one has succeeded, and Ning is the furthest any known Daolord has gone in the path of an Omega Dao. As such they ask if he would "transfer the Dao" to them so they can begin to give pointers in hopes of eventually having a Daolord master an Omega Dao, as that is expected to be the minimum requirement to be able to "Control the Universe" which the Sithe are trying to do. Ning accepts, allowing his journey to help future daolords, granting that the Autarchs only give out the Dao to those who are worthy and NOT wicked of heart. Shortening this tangent post, he ends up helping the Paragon of Pills who is trapped, gets Autarch to revive the sword hegemon she loves, and eventually is trapped by Sithe who force him to use up his energy. His true body dies, but the primal twin lives, and eventually learns a technique in Book 42 to let him repair the soul and achieve ascension to Eternal Emperor.