Does Ji Ning and FlameFairy ever get together?

I know Ning's ultimate desire is to bring back his dead wife. However, does he ever get together with Flamefairy? Or is he completely faithful to her memory for countless chaos cycles?

If he stays faithful to a memory for that long, isn't that a bit unfair to FlameFairy since they've been together for WAY longer than what Ning and his dead wife did? iirc he's been with FlameFairy for basically 99.9999% of his life but they never become dao companions. (Seems a bit unfair/unrealistic for FlameFairy).

Comments

• I know Ning's ultimate desire is to bring back his dead wife. However, does he ever get together with Flamefairy? Or is he completely faithful to her memory for countless chaos cycles?

If he stays faithful to a memory for that long, isn't that a bit unfair to FlameFairy since they've been together for WAY longer than what Ning and his dead wife did? iirc he's been with FlameFairy for basically 99.9999% of his life but they never become dao companions. (Seems a bit unfair/unrealistic for FlameFairy).
    No, they never get together.
  • there's no harem in IET novels
  • The time scope is the only thing that baffles me. I mean, if he could resurrect his wife within a relatively short period of time after her death. That would be realistic. Buuutttt, they were together for a VERY brief period of time. However FlameFairy has been with Ning for countless chaos cycles. It would be more realistic if Flamefairy and Ning were destined together as Dao Companions.

It's like the author of the LN was like, 'nope, I refuse to let Ning and FlameFairy have real interaction (even if they get pitted together for 108,000 chaos cycles together. And I want the LN to be THIS way with zero logic'.
  • She's a retainer, she was never destined to be more than a follower.